Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,791 members, 7,806,189 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

The Mightiness Of God’s Name - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Mightiness Of God’s Name (17913 Views)

Dr. John Hagee: Women Who Call God’s Name During Sex Should Be Jailed / Pastor Picks On Women Who Scream God's Name During Sex / Vatican Bans Use Of God's Name! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by dejilg(m): 4:02pm On Jul 21, 2014
JMAN05:

ok, I will comsider the subject further. but I didnt understand ur last sentence.
saw the error now, it was supposed to go "...which the closest u can get to by writing the
Hebrew letter (4 in number) is YHWH
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by lecturerr(m): 4:27pm On Jul 21, 2014
The one who sits upon the throne of grace. The one who's promises are yes and Amen.
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 21, 2014
dejilg: saw the error now, it was supposed to go "...which the closest u can get to by writing the
Hebrew letter (4 in number) is YHWH

ok, but by saying "the closest you can get to", it will seem as if YHWH is not the actual letter by letter transliteration but it is.

However, the point your source made is that the closest to how the word was pronounced is Yahweh not Jehovah. that Jehovah was in error as it were. I will do more research on that. But it is worthy to note that english call words the way it seem easy, not to say it as it is in hebrew.
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by dejilg(m): 10:02pm On Jul 21, 2014
JMAN05:

ok, but by saying "the closest you can get to", it will seem as if YHWH is not the actual letter by letter transliteration but it is.

However, the point your source made is that the closest to how the word was pronounced is Yahweh not Jehovah. that Jehovah was in error as it were. I will do more research on that. But it is worthy to note that english call words the way it seem easy, not to say it as it is in hebrew.
YHWH is the transliteration of the letters but the pronounciation closest to YHWH is Yahweh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Christmas: Apostle Suleman Gifts Church Workers, Staff N11m & Food Items / T.B Joshua Donates N5 Million To Man Whose Wife Was Killed By Police In Lagos / Crash Of Okotie’s 2nd Marriage: We’re Shocked, Sad – Church Members, Celebrities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.