Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

I Kept My Wife’s Corpse In A Room For Three Months Hoping She Would Wake Up –edw - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Kept My Wife’s Corpse In A Room For Three Months Hoping She Would Wake Up –edw (35332 Views)

Husband Forced To Marry Wife’s Corpse In Ebonyi / What Can I Do To Let My Wife Wake Up Early? / I was Locked In a Room For 7 Months and forced to marry Him: Wife tells judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Kept My Wife’s Corpse In A Room For Three Months Hoping She Would Wake Up –edw by IbnuUche(m): 6:21pm On Jul 19, 2014
knowledge4: That is abnormal.
What was he doing with the corpse?
Was he praying to God to restore her to life.
If it was not for prayer of restoration, it was a meaningless act
seconded . the decease refused to been laid in hospital motuary then did he mr loverman has private mortuary for preserving his corpse the room for three months or what a magic
Re: I Kept My Wife’s Corpse In A Room For Three Months Hoping She Would Wake Up –edw by IbnuUche(m): 6:23pm On Jul 19, 2014
knowledge4: That is abnormal.
What was he doing with the corpse?
Was he praying to God to restore her to life.
If it was not for prayer of restoration, it was a meaningless act
seconded . the decease refused to been laid in hospital motuary then did he mr loverman has private mortuary for preserving her corpse in the room for three months or what a magic
Re: I Kept My Wife’s Corpse In A Room For Three Months Hoping She Would Wake Up –edw by Antell95(m): 6:28pm On Jul 19, 2014
wish i could keep that of my sister.
Re: I Kept My Wife’s Corpse In A Room For Three Months Hoping She Would Wake Up –edw by Angeldemivida: 6:41pm On Jul 19, 2014
Touching!
Keeping a dead body in a room just like that, didn't it rotten up and ooze badly?
Did they use refridgerator/cooling system to abate decay?
Whoops!
Re: I Kept My Wife’s Corpse In A Room For Three Months Hoping She Would Wake Up –edw by haibe(m): 6:59pm On Jul 19, 2014
safarigirl: like I said, she looks like botox gone wrong and I wouldn't look like that with the kind of money she's got.

Then again, this isn't about me, this is about ssomeone saying nobody wants an ugly woman and my counter that even ugly people are wanted.

Doesn't matter what you say, if you saw her walking down the road as a stranger (cuz you already know her story) you would cringe and go WTF! Whether you accept that or not, it's the truth.

Lol, what an irony.. she's pretty mate, much more pretty than you imagine..For me..

3 Likes

Re: I Kept My Wife’s Corpse In A Room For Three Months Hoping She Would Wake Up –edw by Vivipop(f): 7:05pm On Jul 19, 2014
*Reads the 1st,2nd... Paragraph* Awww *sobing uncontrollably* someone pls pass me the kneelex...*blows her nose*
...You remarried after 3 years Give me back my tears!!! embarassed
Re: I Kept My Wife’s Corpse In A Room For Three Months Hoping She Would Wake Up –edw by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 19, 2014
Antell95: wish i could keep that of my sister.

So sorry about your loss. sad sad sad
Re: I Kept My Wife’s Corpse In A Room For Three Months Hoping She Would Wake Up –edw by Antell95(m): 7:11pm On Jul 19, 2014
sad

glitest:

So sorry about your loss. sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: I Kept My Wife’s Corpse In A Room For Three Months Hoping She Would Wake Up –edw by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 19, 2014
safarigirl: she doesn't re-marry because she doesn't want anyone to come from nowhere and treat her kids like trash.

She wants to devote her time to the child brought in by love, men's motives for re-marrying are mostly selfish eg.

Even the ones with 7 kids will re-marry to 'continue father's lineage' only to end up struggling because it's expensive to train kids. Then the entire housee will go from affluence to barely eating on top pesin papa lineage
We've heard enuf of ur epistle..widows n widowers remarry if they want to and it happens everywhere n aint exclusive to any of both sex. d likes of obj,prince charlse of england,oshiomhole,pas kumuyi,...that remarried,they are living happy lives n those women in their lives now are as well happy. as it were here,if d man wanna get married again,its his happiness n business,not mine nor urs,haba!
Re: I Kept My Wife’s Corpse In A Room For Three Months Hoping She Would Wake Up –edw by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 19, 2014
Antell95: sad

Sincerly sorry!... kiss kiss
Re: I Kept My Wife’s Corpse In A Room For Three Months Hoping She Would Wake Up –edw by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jul 19, 2014
Some people! Why fault the man for remarrying?

It took me two years to finish grieving for a loved one who had died suddenly in an accident. It was like living in a vacuum, nothing mattered. Everyone's grieving process is different. If after three years of grieving he found someone who set his heart at ease, then we should be happy for him. #Sad story.

*Side question: is a dead past partner considered an ex? Seems wrong.

1 Like

Re: I Kept My Wife’s Corpse In A Room For Three Months Hoping She Would Wake Up –edw by Subom1(f): 7:49pm On Jul 19, 2014
Idowuogbo:
Emmmm...u cant talk oooo... If dat pic on your prof is urs then she looks better than you. Fact!
Exactly grin cry cry undecided

6 Likes

Re: I Kept My Wife’s Corpse In A Room For Three Months Hoping She Would Wake Up –edw by Idowuogbo(f): 8:11pm On Jul 19, 2014
Subom1: Exactly grin cry cry undecided
Lwkmd!!!! OMG!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I Kept My Wife’s Corpse In A Room For Three Months Hoping She Would Wake Up –edw by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 19, 2014
safarigirl: she's pretty cos she's faithful?

My point exactly, it's not about who's ugly. Even ugly people find people who love them for character purposes.

You don't know the genesis of this discussion so your little outburst is understood. No, she looks like she got stung by a bee- botox gone wrong

Don't listen to those blinded by their fandom. You look WAY better than her.

2 Likes

Re: I Kept My Wife’s Corpse In A Room For Three Months Hoping She Would Wake Up –edw by Idowuogbo(f): 8:39pm On Jul 19, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Fandom?! Eeemmm...you might wanna stop typing with muscles in your anus. undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Kept My Wife’s Corpse In A Room For Three Months Hoping She Would Wake Up –edw by haibe(m): 8:40pm On Jul 19, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Lol @ThePostAbove

1 Like

Re: I Kept My Wife’s Corpse In A Room For Three Months Hoping She Would Wake Up –edw by safarigirl(f): 8:43pm On Jul 19, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

I won't mind them my sister. It took some of them over 3 hours to dig up an OK picture of her and then they want to compare us?

I never said I was prettier, I said she's ugly and none of them said she's pretty, rather they said "she's prettier than you" that doesn't make her pretty, does it?

I like Tiny, I think she's cool peoples and I respect her cuz she's a ride or die chick, but that babe is fugly abeg. Dazall

2 Likes

Re: I Kept My Wife’s Corpse In A Room For Three Months Hoping She Would Wake Up –edw by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 19, 2014
Idowuogbo:
Fandom?! Eeemmm...you might wanna stop typing with muscles in your anus. undecided

No offense but she's uglier than a mf'er. There's just no denying. Sorry, fan girl undecided

1 Like

Re: I Kept My Wife’s Corpse In A Room For Three Months Hoping She Would Wake Up –edw by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 19, 2014
haibe:
Lol @ThePostAbove

Lol I laughed too smiley. But funny doesn't change the truth.
Re: I Kept My Wife’s Corpse In A Room For Three Months Hoping She Would Wake Up –edw by arsetalks(m): 8:45pm On Jul 19, 2014
Oduduwaboy:
hmm...sorry . Please , can you share your story too ?

Hmm, my story. It will make me cry writing about it but as it may help someone, I will write about it. Going to be long though and maybe full of errors as I can't stop crying writing it.

I met her 2010. She saw my phone number on the page of a newspaper and called me asking me to guide her on how to make money online. We agreed to meet, we met in an eatery in Ikotun ( Lagos ). I instantly liked her but I was in a relationshop, a relationship that was killing me and that I knew was going to end in ruins for many reasons but been me, I felt going out with another girl will be tantamount to cheating on my ex. To make it worst, T ( I will call her T, I can't reveal her real name quiet a number of people here know her ) was lanky and I am almost a dwarft. I got intimated by her status and the fact that she had a good job ( so I though but ironically I was earning more than her ), dresses well and expensive.

She came to my house a couple of times for training but most times a clone of me trains her while another clone of me fantasizes about how it would be to have her to myself not as a girlfriend but as a wife.

Along the line, I deliberately cease contact with her because the temptation was just too much. She kept calling but I don't answer, ignore emails as well. She felt I was disappointed at her level of seriousness on learning internet marketing but the main reason is I wanted to kill what I have for her.

She stopped calling. But fast forward 3 years later, she came back into my life having lost her job and more desperate then I found out that the big status eye I was looking at her with was just my imagination. She had a low beginning and was still struggling. She was not as old as I thought and was not married ( not even in a relationship ).

That was it. December 13 2013 she finally said yes for us to date. Was the happiest day of my life. But then, she had a health challenge that she never knew existed.

She was always complaining of headache and having suffered from migraine for many years, I felt it was migraine as all the syptoms were that of migraine. We sorted help. Been me, I always prefer supplements than normal drug based meds. We went to GNC Surulere, spoke to the doctor there and she confirmed ( without us telling her what I thought could be the problem ) that it was possibly migraine. We spent right on the spot about 40k on supplements.

But instead of the problem is abate, it increases. One day, I was talking to her on phone and all of a sudden she asked to call me back. Been a man, I insisted ( thinking who could see be with ). She ended the call and then called back about 1 hour later saying she had some sort of electric shock on her left side body and could not breath. I felt it was stress. We both prayed over it and dismissed it.

When I knew there was problem.

Can't remember the date but it was the date Arsenal defeated Liverpool 2-0 in the FA cup this year ( February 2014 ), she took me to her parents and since I live to far away, I decided to stay in an hotel at shitta Surulere. We were in that hotel against her wish ( she thought by going into hotel I will be tempted to touch her after we both agreed no sex before marriage ), we were in the hotel waiting for the match to stay and 5 minutes later she said she wants to leave. Someone I had not seen for close to a month prior to that day. I was mad. Very mad but kept silent. Few minutes later she started complaining of headache, I asked her to rest which she did but not long, she started yelling, asking to leave. It felt embarrassing and abnormal at the same time.

Initially I was angry ( and I have an anger problem ) but didn't show the anger. I knew that was not my angel, that was not the girl I know. T was gentle, hardly picks quarrels. Right there I knew she needs help and urgent help. I talked to my foster family about it ( we have lots of doctors in the family ), they couldn't say much about it as they are in Germany and I am in Nigeria. I asked her to see a doctor, she complained of money, I gave her 60k to go with, she was not happy as we had spent well over 150k on meds and tests already.

I told her what to say to the doctor and based on that, they offered an MRI scan. First result. A menigoma. A brain tumor. I died. I farted several times, went to the loo. beckoned on my friend to read the result too. He didn't understand ( I understood with the help of Google ). I called T asking her what she was told, she said the doctor didn't say anything but that she had an emergency case and got a referral. I needed to be sure of what I already knew. Waited for my friend to hear from his own friend. And my fear was confirmed.

How do I break the news to my angel that she may die ( I was made to believe a brain tumor was a death sentence ). I cried, I rushed down to Surulere. That day I noticed she has lost so much weight, I saw her the way I never saw her the day before. I held back the tears, hugged her. Made her eat her food then asked her several

questions, everything proved the result was right. All the advance symptoms. She knew I know more than she already knew and told me " Abayomi, tell me everything you know, I know you have many doctors in your family, tell me, I can live with everything right now as I have the most high". The tears dropped then.

My world paused. I said nothing order than lied. We left ( myself and my friend ). While leaving, my friend called me telling me I was unfair on her, I should tell her exactly what the doctor was too scared to say. He made sense, I told her. She didn't understand it but knew it was serious. She hugged me the way she never did before and gave me the best kiss ever and said "I love you and surely I know you love me". I was both happy and sad.

The journey began. We were referred to a neurosurgeon by the name Dr Idowu at Lasuth. I drilled and grilled him. He was surprised I knew so much ( I spent 72 hours researching and talking to doctors both within my family and outside ). He told me the chances was good. It was just 10% chance of been a cancerous tumor. Gave me

several examples. We were give 3 options. 1. Do the surgery at lasuth. Veru cheap. 2. Go to a private hospital. Would cost 2.5m. 3. Go abroad. Would cost close to 4m. He sounded confident and had records to back up his claim. Obviously he knew I know and was ready to tell me what doctors call "the truth you tell a family".

We decided to do it at Lasuth. I talked to several people who vouch for the neurosurgeon saying he knows his stuff. My own foster father knows him from when they were in school though I didn't get to know from dad about it as he was dead at that time, my uncle mentioned to me how they know each other. My family said no to surgery saying the end result is always death or a rubbish life. I felt they were been too negative. She talked to a doctor in her church ( a popular church on the Island ), who knew the surgeon at lasuth and they gave her a go ahead after calling a prayer session for her.

Initially I didn't want us to do it but seeing her level of faith and strong believe, I decided to give her my backing. We paid for the surgery at lasuth, got blood from the blood bank, did everything then lasuth told us we have to wait close to 2 months. I was cool with it because she has no one else but me and if I am to foot all her bills ( x3 more then what we were initially told ) I will need time to raise the money as I was trying to change my apartment at the same time so it be easier for her to visit before we leave the country ( which was the plan ) but her church said no, they told her to go to luth. Referred her to someone else at luth who the church knows and can vouch for.

At this time, I was still feeling a miracle will happen and she will not do the surgery. May 1, she visited me. She told me to go donate blood for her as luth had no blood to sell and they won't accept anything we brought from lasuth. Was planning to go the next day May 2 when she called me that the doctor called her to come for admission. 5 days later, she had the surgery. She called me around 6am, I was staying at an hotel as going home from the hospital every day will cost me over 10k while hotel will cost me just 6500 per night, to tell me she was been taking away ( she was walking, even dancing, very healthy, no one will know anything is wrong with her if she does not have the siezure ). I rushed into the loo like 3 times. Then surmounted the courage and went to the hospital. Cried, hugged each other and she told me " I will come back and I will make you your favorite, catfish and porridge ". We laughed and hugged. They told me the surgery is normally 8 hours and above. 8 hours, no sight or sound of them. 10, 12. I was dying, couldn't eat. Her mom begged, did everything asking me to calm down. I was not going to be calm as if she knows the real truth, she would not be calm. 14 hours 15 minutes later, the consultant came out, it was SUCCESS but there was a problem. The tumor was not totally removed but according to him, it is not a tumor that relapses and we have the option of radio therapy. I was happy.

Around 1am, we took her alongside the nurses to the recovery room. She didn't need ICU which means we are saving 250k ( which they never returned anyway ). Next day, the doctors started looking for me ( my phones were off due to low battery and I was stressed from 14 hours of standing ) as she needed to see me. I got to the hospital around 10am. First thing she said was " my love, I have not seen you for 2 days now, I asked them to bring you to me, how are you, I am in pains, if I know it was like this, I would not do it". I cried within me. All her body was swollen. I couldn't hug her, she was in pains, I was in x3 pains seeing her that way.

2 days later, she moved to the ward. After about 2 weeks, I was told we had 7 more days and she can go home. She was fine. I decided to engage her, her best friend got me her ring size, I decided to order for the ring. Then May 21, I went to the hospital from the hotel as usual. First thing she did was to pick a fight with me for wearing a cloth she bought for me that she aske dme not to wear any more. I apologized ( not because I wanted to but because I rather she rests ) then 30 minutes later, she demanded for fruits, I gave her sister money to go buy it for her. Before she came back, T started asking for her other sister, accusing her family of not showing enough care for her as aside her immediate younger sister, the brothers hardly come around. I initially agreed with her as I had told my friend I was not happy with that too but then I noticed her worry was nothing as the person she requested for was with her all along. Her sister slept at the same hotel with me, and I know for sure she was with her. That went, she started asking about her other sister who went to get her fruits. Saying she has not come around for 3 days and that she is disappointed in everyone of them. First thing that came to my mind, MEMORY LOSS. I went after the doctors, alerted the nurses. I started going after them by 11am. They never came till 8pm.

She died. My angel died. I call her my unlikely angel as Dolly Parton's song Unlikely Angel used to be my favorite ( not any more ). Simply because they forgot to insert a clod or whatever, a clod they made me buy for 21k. Right there, they started throwing blames at each other. What happened, I asked ( as they had sent me to go buy meds for her, with the last cash I had both at hand and in bank until I get paid the next day ), one of them insulted me by saying " you already know". I held his neck, pulled him closer to me, was about to start punching him when I was pushed away. She was gone. I went into denial. I prayed, confessed the word but I never cried. Called her friend, everyone was shocked. It was " but she was find, she even started by herself, they even put her on a plastic chair" and all sort of. I refused she had died. Told her parents not to believe. I was like that for 4 days till she was buried. If I could go with her, I would have.

She left 8:05pm Wednesday May 21 and was buried Sunday. Ever since, I lost a part of me, days of crying, blaming myself, depression followed. No day I don't call her name without knowing I am doing so. I would have done it before I know I had. Her parents, siblings everyone has moved on, I was going to move on with the help of nairaland but the crash of the site pushed me down further and haven't been able to really recover. I have never been this bad and never will be. Never ever.

Wish I can say it more than this but Luth is one place I will never recommend to anyone. Dirty, the doctors use humans for practicals, the nurses rude, the money you spend on meds killing ( I personally counted how much I spent on meds and it was between 12-15k every day for the first 2 weeks and then 5-7k every day after ).

My only solace was the fact that I was with her every day sitting by her bed side ( at least 10 hours per day), cleaning her saliva, changing her position, my greatest regret is seeing her going and I can't do anything. It keeps haunting me till date.

5 Likes

Re: I Kept My Wife’s Corpse In A Room For Three Months Hoping She Would Wake Up –edw by haibe(m): 8:47pm On Jul 19, 2014
safarigirl: I said she's ugly and none of them said she's pretty, rather they said "she's prettier than you" that doesn't make her pretty, does it?

You may need to read my posts again, I said she's pretty, you said she isn't. Someone the went further to explain that she is infact more prettier than you, which in turn means you are uglier than her (since you said she's ugly)

1 Like

Re: I Kept My Wife’s Corpse In A Room For Three Months Hoping She Would Wake Up –edw by Idowuogbo(f): 8:52pm On Jul 19, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

No offense but she's uglier than a mf'er. There's just no denying. Sorry, fan girl undecided
fan girl? Are you high on cough syrup? So 'saying it as it is' automatically bags me the fan title? Girl, no offense but you in need of a brain transplant. Basic bitche/s b calling another ugly and they up here looking like expired porridge.

1 Like

Re: I Kept My Wife’s Corpse In A Room For Three Months Hoping She Would Wake Up –edw by safarigirl(f): 8:55pm On Jul 19, 2014
haibe:

You may need to read my posts again, I said she's pretty, you said she isn't. Someone the went further to explain that she is infact more prettier than you, which in turn means you are uglier than her (since you said she's ugly)
Thanks for the clarification. Oh, and thanks for taking the time out to check out my pic. She must be far prettier since just 2 people think so. grin

Like I told the other one, I've made my point. Have a nice evening smiley

2 Likes

Re: I Kept My Wife’s Corpse In A Room For Three Months Hoping She Would Wake Up –edw by Adamskuty(m): 8:57pm On Jul 19, 2014
haibe:

Lol, what an irony.. she's pretty mate, much more pretty than you imagine..For me..
her nose looks like a bat. grin

the T.I babe I mean
Re: I Kept My Wife’s Corpse In A Room For Three Months Hoping She Would Wake Up –edw by Anacksunamun: 9:00pm On Jul 19, 2014
evegran: Awww. Reading this brought tears to my eyes. sad
@your siggy (question), Yes I do love "it", o kinky lady. wink
Re: I Kept My Wife’s Corpse In A Room For Three Months Hoping She Would Wake Up –edw by Idowuogbo(f): 9:06pm On Jul 19, 2014
arsetalks:

Hmm, my story. It will make me cry writing about it but as it may help someone, I will write about it. Going to be long though and maybe full of errors as I can't stop crying writing it.

I met her 2010. She saw my phone number on the page of a newspaper and called me asking me to guide her on how to make money online. We agreed to meet, we met in an eatery in Ikotun ( Lagos ). I instantly liked her but I was in a relationshop, a relationship that was killing me and that I knew was going to end in ruins for many reasons but been me, I felt going out with another girl will be tantamount to cheating on my ex. To make it worst, T ( I will call her T, I can't reveal her real name quiet a number of people here know her ) was lanky and I am almost a dwarft. I got intimated by her status and the fact that she had a good job ( so I though but ironically I was earning more than her ), dresses well and expensive.

She came to my house a couple of times for training but most times a clone of me trains her while another clone of me fantasizes about how it would be to have her to myself not as a girlfriend but as a wife.

Along the line, I deliberately cease contact with her because the temptation was just too much. She kept calling but I don't answer, ignore emails as well. She felt I was disappointed at her level of seriousness on learning internet marketing but the main reason is I wanted to kill what I have for her.

She stopped calling. But fast forward 3 years later, she came back into my life having lost her job and more desperate then I found out that the big status eye I was looking at her with was just my imagination. She had a low beginning and was still struggling. She was not as old as I thought and was not married ( not even in a relationship ).

That was it. December 13 2013 she finally said yes for us to date. Was the happiest day of my life. But then, she had a health challenge that she never knew existed.

She was always complaining of headache and having suffered from migraine for many years, I felt it was migraine as all the syptoms were that of migraine. We sorted help. Been me, I always prefer supplements than normal drug based meds. We went to GNC Surulere, spoke to the doctor there and she confirmed ( without us telling her what I thought could be the problem ) that it was possibly migraine. We spent right on the spot about 40k on supplements.

But instead of the problem is abate, it increases. One day, I was talking to her on phone and all of a sudden she asked to call me back. Been a man, I insisted ( thinking who could see be with ). She ended the call and then called back about 1 hour later saying she had some sort of electric shock on her left side body and could not breath. I felt it was stress. We both prayed over it and dismissed it.

When I knew there was problem.

Can't remember the date but it was the date Arsenal defeated Liverpool 2-0 in the FA cup this year ( February 2014 ), she took me to her parents and since I live to far away, I decided to stay in an hotel at shitta Surulere. We were in that hotel against her wish ( she thought by going into hotel I will be tempted to touch her after we both agreed no sex before marriage ), we were in the hotel waiting for the match to stay and 5 minutes later she said she wants to leave. Someone I had not seen for close to a month prior to that day. I was mad. Very mad but kept silent. Few minutes later she started complaining of headache, I asked her to rest which she did but not long, she started yelling, asking to leave. It felt embarrassing and abnormal at the same time.

Initially I was angry ( and I have an anger problem ) but didn't show the anger. I knew that was not my angel, that was not the girl I know. T was gentle, hardly picks quarrels. Right there I knew she needs help and urgent help. I talked to my foster family about it ( we have lots of doctors in the family ), they couldn't say much about it as they are in Germany and I am in Nigeria. I asked her to see a doctor, she complained of money, I gave her 60k to go with, she was not happy as we had spent well over 150k on meds and tests already.

I told her what to say to the doctor and based on that, they offered an MRI scan. First result. A menigoma. A brain tumor. I died. I farted several times, went to the loo. beckoned on my friend to read the result too. He didn't understand ( I understood with the help of Google ). I called T asking her what she was told, she said the doctor didn't say anything but that she had an emergency case and got a referral. I needed to be sure of what I already knew. Waited for my friend to hear from his own friend. And my fear was confirmed.

How do I break the news to my angel that she may die ( I was made to believe a brain tumor was a death sentence ). I cried, I rushed down to Surulere. That day I noticed she has lost so much weight, I saw her the way I never saw her the day before. I held back the tears, hugged her. Made her eat her food then asked her several

questions, everything proved the result was right. All the advance symptoms. She knew I know more than she already knew and told me " Abayomi, tell me everything you know, I know you have many doctors in your family, tell me, I can live with everything right now as I have the most high". The tears dropped then.

My world paused. I said nothing order than lied. We left ( myself and my friend ). While leaving, my friend called me telling me I was unfair on her, I should tell her exactly what the doctor was too scared to say. He made sense, I told her. She didn't understand it but knew it was serious. She hugged me the way she never did before and gave me the best kiss ever and said "I love you and surely I know you love me". I was both happy and sad.

The journey began. We were referred to a neurosurgeon by the name Dr Idowu at Lasuth. I drilled and grilled him. He was surprised I knew so much ( I spent 72 hours researching and talking to doctors both within my family and outside ). He told me the chances was good. It was just 10% chance of been a cancerous tumor. Gave me

several examples. We were give 3 options. 1. Do the surgery at lasuth. Veru cheap. 2. Go to a private hospital. Would cost 2.5m. 3. Go abroad. Would cost close to 4m. He sounded confident and had records to back up his claim. Obviously he knew I know and was ready to tell me what doctors call "the truth you tell a family".

We decided to do it at Lasuth. I talked to several people who vouch for the neurosurgeon saying he knows his stuff. My own foster father knows him from when they were in school though I didn't get to know from dad about it as he was dead at that time, my uncle mentioned to me how they know each other. My family said no to surgery saying the end result is always death or a rubbish life. I felt they were been too negative. She talked to a doctor in her church ( a popular church on the Island ), who knew the surgeon at lasuth and they gave her a go ahead after calling a prayer session for her.

Initially I didn't want us to do it but seeing her level of faith and strong believe, I decided to give her my backing. We paid for the surgery at lasuth, got blood from the blood bank, did everything then lasuth told us we have to wait close to 2 months. I was cool with it because she has no one else but me and if I am to foot all her bills ( x3 more then what we were initially told ) I will need time to raise the money as I was trying to change my apartment at the same time so it be easier for her to visit before we leave the country ( which was the plan ) but her church said no, they told her to go to luth. Referred her to someone else at luth who the church knows and can vouch for.

At this time, I was still feeling a miracle will happen and she will not do the surgery. May 1, she visited me. She told me to go donate blood for her as luth had no blood to sell and they won't accept anything we brought from lasuth. Was planning to go the next day May 2 when she called me that the doctor called her to come for admission. 5 days later, she had the surgery. She called me around 6am, I was staying at an hotel as going home from the hospital every day will cost me over 10k while hotel will cost me just 6500 per night, to tell me she was been taking away ( she was walking, even dancing, very healthy, no one will know anything is wrong with her if she does not have the siezure ). I rushed into the loo like 3 times. Then surmounted the courage and went to the hospital. Cried, hugged each other and she told me " I will come back and I will make you your favorite, catfish and porridge ". We laughed and hugged. They told me the surgery is normally 8 hours and above. 8 hours, no sight or sound of them. 10, 12. I was dying, couldn't eat. Her mom begged, did everything asking me to calm down. I was not going to be calm as if she knows the real truth, she would not be calm. 14 hours 15 minutes later, the consultant came out, it was SUCCESS but there was a problem. The tumor was not totally removed but according to him, it is not a tumor that relapses and we have the option of radio therapy. I was happy.

Around 1am, we took her alongside the nurses to the recovery room. She didn't need ICU which means we are saving 250k ( which they never returned anyway ). Next day, the doctors started looking for me ( my phones were off due to low battery and I was stressed from 14 hours of standing ) as she needed to see me. I got to the hospital around 10am. First thing she said was " my love, I have not seen you for 2 days now, I asked them to bring you to me, how are you, I am in pains, if I know it was like this, I would not do it". I cried within me. All her body was swollen. I couldn't hug her, she was in pains, I was in x3 pains seeing her that way.

2 days later, she moved to the ward. After about 2 weeks, I was told we had 7 more days and she can go home. She was fine. I decided to engage her, her best friend got me her ring size, I decided to order for the ring. Then May 21, I went to the hospital from the hotel as usual. First thing she did was to pick a fight with me for wearing a cloth she bought for me that she aske dme not to wear any more. I apologized ( not because I wanted to but because I rather she rests ) then 30 minutes later, she demanded for fruits, I gave her sister money to go buy it for her. Before she came back, T started asking for her other sister, accusing her family of not showing enough care for her as aside her immediate younger sister, the brothers hardly come around. I initially agreed with her as I had told my friend I was not happy with that too but then I noticed her worry was nothing as the person she requested for was with her all along. Her sister slept at the same hotel with me, and I know for sure she was with her. That went, she started asking about her other sister who went to get her fruits. Saying she has not come around for 3 days and that she is disappointed in everyone of them. First thing that came to my mind, MEMORY LOSS. I went after the doctors, alerted the nurses. I started going after them by 11am. They never came till 8pm.

She died. My angel died. I call her my unlikely angel as Dolly Parton's song Unlikely Angel used to be my favorite ( not any more ). Simply because they forgot to insert a clod or whatever, a clod they made me buy for 21k. Right there, they started throwing blames at each other. What happened, I asked ( as they had sent me to go buy meds for her, with the last cash I had both at hand and in bank until I get paid the next day ), one of them insulted me by saying " you already know". I held his neck, pulled him closer to me, was about to start punching him when I was pushed away. She was gone. I went into denial. I prayed, confessed the word but I never cried. Called her friend, everyone was shocked. It was " but she was find, she even started by herself, they even put her on a plastic chair" and all sort of. I refused she had died. Told her parents not to believe. I was like that for 4 days till she was buried. If I could go with her, I would have.

She left 8:05pm Wednesday May 21 and was buried Sunday. Ever since, I lost a part of me, days of crying, blaming myself, depression followed. No day I don't call her name without knowing I am doing so. I would have done it before I know I had. Her parents, siblings everyone has moved on, I was going to move on with the help of nairaland but the crash of the site pushed me down further and haven't been able to really recover. I have never been this bad and never will be. Never ever.

Wish I can say it more than this but Luth is one place I will never recommend to anyone. Dirty, the doctors use humans for practicals, the nurses rude, the money you spend on meds killing ( I personally counted how much I spent on meds and it was between 12-15k every day for the first 2 weeks and then 5-7k every day after ).

My only solace was the fact that I was with her every day sitting by her bed side ( at least 10 hours per day), cleaning her saliva, changing her position, my greatest regret is seeing her going and I can't do anything. It keeps haunting me till date.
Oh Lord!!! May the Lord your God comfort you...it is well.... Chei!

1 Like

Re: I Kept My Wife’s Corpse In A Room For Three Months Hoping She Would Wake Up –edw by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 19, 2014
Idowuogbo: fan girl? Are you high on cough syrup? So 'saying it as it is' automatically bags me the fan title? Girl, no offense but you in need of a brain transplant. Basic bitche/s b calling another ugly and they up here looking like expired porridge.

Brain transplant, my left cheek! I honestly thought I was setting the record straight from a neutral position. The fact is, every basic bi+ch out there has something on Tiny however tiny grin

I really don't mean to hate, so I'll stop myself here. Off to a dangerous experiment. Cheers wink
Re: I Kept My Wife’s Corpse In A Room For Three Months Hoping She Would Wake Up –edw by haibe(m): 9:08pm On Jul 19, 2014
arsetalks mehn all I can say is Sorry for what happened, it's well.
Re: I Kept My Wife’s Corpse In A Room For Three Months Hoping She Would Wake Up –edw by Idowuogbo(f): 9:23pm On Jul 19, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Brain transplant, my left cheek! I honestly thought I was setting the record straight from a neutral position. The fact is, every basic bi+ch out there has something on Tiny however tiny grin

I really don't mean to hate, so I'll stop myself here. Off to a dangerous experiment. Cheers wink
Lool @ however tiny

U need Jesus.Player hater! angry

1 Like

Re: I Kept My Wife’s Corpse In A Room For Three Months Hoping She Would Wake Up –edw by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 19, 2014
safarigirl: I won't mind them my sister. It took some of them over 3 hours to dig up an OK picture of her and then they want to compare us?

I never said I was prettier, I said she's ugly and none of them said she's pretty, rather they said "she's prettier than you" that doesn't make her pretty, does it?

I like Tiny, I think she's cool peoples and I respect her cuz she's a ride or die chick, but that babe is fugly abeg. Dazall

Being a ride or die ain't the life IMO. But anyway, she isn't either as far as general opinion is concerned. Take care.
Re: I Kept My Wife’s Corpse In A Room For Three Months Hoping She Would Wake Up –edw by dnawah(m): 9:51pm On Jul 19, 2014
Chie!sorry o!u hear
lesson learned,never u marry a mammy water or ogbanje girl 4 they don leave long.imagine she even know when she will die.well God u know beta
Re: I Kept My Wife’s Corpse In A Room For Three Months Hoping She Would Wake Up –edw by simdam500(m): 9:57pm On Jul 19, 2014
zeb04: Wow....that's all I can say

say something else.................................

like....

love is eternal wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Hilarious Tweets As NIGERIAN MUM Trends On Twitter. / Couple Celebrate 10th Wedding Anniversary With A Lavish Wedding (Photos) / Skeleton Of Missing Man Found In Locked Lagos Apartment (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.