Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,964 members, 7,803,204 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 11:14 AM

Travelling To Ghana- Advice Needed Urgently - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Ghana- Advice Needed Urgently (10856 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Traveling To Ghana Via Abc Transport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travelling To Ghana- Advice Needed Urgently by Nobody: 1:47am On Jul 19, 2014
Hi nairalanders, please I need advice or suggestions. I wanna go visit a friend in ghana from lagos, what are the documentation to be needed from me, I don't have an international passport am a nigerian,which means of transportation can be suitable, Must I have an international passport before I can go by flight or road??And if am to go get my international passport now here in lagos how long will it take for it to be ready. please advice! Thanks
Re: Travelling To Ghana- Advice Needed Urgently by AlienfromMars: 4:36am On Jul 19, 2014
Hey! Don't go there and start forming BIG BOY oooh. Ok.
Re: Travelling To Ghana- Advice Needed Urgently by bigtt76(f): 5:50am On Jul 19, 2014
Go by road and you will need only an ID card - National Driver's licence or National ID. Cross Country or ABC are very good option. Passport will cost 18k to be done in 3-4 days. Good luck and safe trip

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Ghana- Advice Needed Urgently by adigunomomama(m): 12:26pm On Jul 19, 2014
ozonuwe1: Hi nairalanders, please I need advice or suggestions. I wanna go visit a friend in ghana from lagos, what are the documentation to be needed from me, I don't have an international passport am a nigerian,which means of transportation can be suitable, Must I have an international passport before I can go by flight or road??And if am to go get my international passport now here in lagos how long will it take for it to be ready. please advice! Thanks

am going to gh too buh dat is after sallah

it will be ok if u go wit international passport incase some little little shit and u will be free from immgration officers at the borders...

to get ur passport, its 17k-20k depend on ow u can negotiate, go to festac or ikoyi office and u will et it the same day if if you pay dat ampount s its express.

last time i check ABC transport site...its 15k return ticket and 8500k for just go and if you are a student its 14100k and a corper get 500naira discount immediately.
Re: Travelling To Ghana- Advice Needed Urgently by Nobody: 1:31am On Jul 22, 2014
THanks
Re: Travelling To Ghana- Advice Needed Urgently by richards2014: 3:52am On Jul 22, 2014
ozonuwe1: Hi nairalanders, please I need advice or suggestions. I wanna go visit a friend in ghana from lagos, what are the documentation to be needed from me, I don't have an international passport am a nigerian,which means of transportation can be suitable, Must I have an international passport before I can go by flight or road??And if am to go get my international passport now here in lagos how long will it take for it to be ready. please advice! Thanks

1. You can travel to Ghana by road without international passport. ABC transport cannot carry you if you dont have international passport, but other transport companies will carry you. There are many transport companies to choose from, CHISCO, DE YOUNG, CROSS COUNTRY etc, Most of major transport companies do go to Ghana daily. I prefer ABC, Cross Country or De Young Shall grow. Mind you, ABC nor dey run speed oo so if you follow ABC na late in the night you go reach GH. Cross Country will get there by 6 or 7pm, depending on how much time is wasted at the borders.

2. You CANNOT travel BY AIR from one country to another WITHOUT PASSPORT. So if you don't have international passport dont think of flying, just go by road.

3. I will advise you to travel by road, forget about air travel to Ghana coz its more fun when you travel by road.

4. There are not much documentation, you just need evidence to proof that you are a citizen of west Africa, that is your passport or national ID or voters id will do. No other document is needed. Sometimes the Ghana immigration will demand for yellow card, they only need it to collect some bribes as those yellow cards are useless. One is supposed to get yellow fever vaccine before receiving the card but in Nigeria and Ghana the case is different. If yellow fever card is needed the transport company will provide it for you for little fee not more than 3k or 4k naira.

5. Getting a passport can take between few days to few weeks, so since it is only Ghana you plan visiting don't worry about passport. many Ghanaians come to Lagos daily to buy things without passport, many Nigerians enter Ghana daily without passport.

6. Dont believe any story of you getting passport same day because most cases it doesn't work. I paid good money for passport renewal in January, it took almost 2 months for me to finally get my passport. The immigration officers keeps talking about them not having some security papers or whatever to print passport.

7. Since this is your first time and you are likely going to travel without a passport, kindly budget 20k for going and coming, that fee includes the little bribe the transport company will pay on your behalf for not having a passport.

8. Before you return from Ghana try and visit CAPE COAST, it is their own Cross River State. Thats where most of the tourist attractions are, like the Cape Coast Castle, Elmina Castle, Cacun National Park etc. The hotels are very affordable and neat.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Ghana- Advice Needed Urgently by modupsie(f): 4:14pm On Jul 23, 2014
please can you state the hotel rates in Ghana? i mean affordable ones
Re: Travelling To Ghana- Advice Needed Urgently by westdown(f): 12:17am On Jul 26, 2014
Hotels are from 35 Ghc to 70 Ghc dependinog area . I will advice you when you arrive in Accra ask where nigerians stays there.

(1) (Reply)

Non Straightforward Mail / Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here / Speeding Driver Kills Siblings In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.