Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,902 members, 7,806,636 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:32 PM

Chibok Girls: A Critique - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chibok Girls: A Critique (1070 Views)

US Forces Locate Chibok Girls-New York Times / Epic Response. Oby Ezekwesili Knock Out A Critique On Twitter / Somebody Should Get These Girls A Pedestrian Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chibok Girls: A Critique by Abali1(m): 2:06am On Jul 19, 2014
It's about, mid night here and of all things that will be uppermost in my mind is the Chibok girls saga.
No, don't get me wrong, none of my relations was among those kidnapped. I am worried because this has become a recurring decimal in our polity. Yes, history do repeat itself.
When this Chibok girls saga hit the airwaves, I was among those that silently agreed with Mrs Kema Chikwe. I also thought about the feasibility of over 200 girls being adopted in one fell swoop. But I equally believed that there was some abduction of girls.
So why am I now opening a thread to critique the chibok saga, and even went ahead to say it has become a recurring decimal in our polity?
How many of you here on Nairaland still remember the MEND?
What of the Kidnappers that held the south east hostage? Almost the same time the MEND were reigning in the Niger Delta?
Okay what of the Mafia boys of Aba?
You think it has finished. So you didn't remember the Bakassi boys that were at a time seen as a answered prayer to Mafia boys, turning around to become laws unto themselves.
What has all these got to do with Chibok girls' saga? It has got a lot to do with it. Today, Borno and the entire North East region are under a siege, by Boko Haram. Tomorrow is going to be the turn of another region.
Today we are advising Southerners in the North to go back to their region, I guess many have read their history books and came across were South Easterners were advised in the period following the second coup de etat to go back to Igbo land. Am sure again that many have not forgotten the series of warning issued during the MEND days.
We can all remain deaf and dumb and watch our country taking over by some bucaneers masquarading as leaders, play politics with our lives. Or we can start a silent campaign in the media and in forums like this to condemn these few who have held the country by the jugular.
Today it is boko haram, tomorrow after GEJ must have gone with his stolen loot, another group of militants/ terrorists will spring up in another part of the country and we Will start another round of criticism.
Am done ranting.

2 Likes

Re: Chibok Girls: A Critique by bbello28(m): 2:29am On Jul 19, 2014
U made ur point coolI jz knw it wnt continue 4 eva.
Re: Chibok Girls: A Critique by AlienfromMars: 4:33am On Jul 19, 2014
I weep each day for those girls. Our leaders don't value human lives at all. Nigeria is a wagon that is been driven by a clueless presido. Its a shame...
Re: Chibok Girls: A Critique by reedbam: 5:19am On Jul 19, 2014
Exactly even if chibok is a scam, the sad reality is corruption and bad governance. And thats the real abduction of better life for every Nigerian

(1) (Reply)

Check Out A Very Busy Goat In Osun State! / We Reject Niger East Bye-election - APC / Picture Of Dr Davis, Hostage Negotiator And Ex-millitant Asari Dokubo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.