Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,853 members, 7,802,731 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 (44663 Views)

10 Facts About Farts You Might Not Know / 7 Health Risks Of Child Bearing After Age 35 / Can Ampiclox Be Used To Prevent Pregnancy After Unprotected Sex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 19, 2014
How about aunt Sarah now? #Favour
Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by dridowu: 7:55am On Jul 19, 2014
Ok
Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by RichDad1(m): 7:56am On Jul 19, 2014
Booked
Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 19, 2014
Yes,this is true women above 35 yrs should make sure they go for these test especially Tuner and Down syndrome to avoid your baby being an slowpoke...ones they start having contraction before the actual date of delivery or before the full term pls see your Doctor immediately to avoid having still birth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 19, 2014
Yes,this is true women above 35 yrs should make sure they go for these test especially Tuner and Down syndrome to avoid your baby being an slowpoke...ones they start having contraction before the actual date of delivery or before the full term pls see your Doctor immediately to avoid having still birth.
Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by Nobody: 8:01am On Jul 19, 2014
benedictac:

for the women above 35 and still trusting God for babies, don't worry as it happened in the lives of the above so u too will rejoice soon in Jesus' name and there shall be no complications in Jesus' name.

AMEN

2 Likes

Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 19, 2014
Science no be God!

Guy, No put fear for our ladies body na!

My sis got married @ that age n she has 4 beautiful kids! All delivered safely with ease!

4 Likes

Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by walearoy(m): 8:04am On Jul 19, 2014
kennygee: It depends on the woman o. Halle berry had a child in her late 40s, my grand ma had her last child when she was 52, believe it or not. My aunt had her last child at the age of 42 and it was a normal delivery.

And you will have your last child at the age of?

1 Like

Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by Nobody: 8:06am On Jul 19, 2014
walearoy:

And you will have your last child at the age of?

32 maximum o. I am even hoping and praying that God gives me triplets. Two boys and a girl so I will do it once and for all. They even have names already.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by walearoy(m): 8:09am On Jul 19, 2014
kennygee:

32 maximum o. I am even hoping and praying that God gives me triplets. Two boys and a girl so I will do it once and for all. They even have names already.

Nice one,
Hope you married already?
I pray God grants you your heart desire!

1 Like

Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by banito1(m): 8:09am On Jul 19, 2014
kennygee: It depends on the woman o. Halle berry had a child in her late 40s, my grand ma had her last child when she was 52, believe it or not. My aunt had her last child at the age of 42 and it was a normal delivery.
Like you rightly pointed out, it depends on the woman. Besides that, your grandma and aunt having there last child at 52 and 42 is not really strange because every woman has a fixed number of eggs and you know that during pregnancy women don't see their menses which means they don't ovulate therefore they still have more eggs in their ovaries. That is why a woman who starts to give birth at a young age and gives birth to many children will still be able to conceive at a later stage in life while the woman who hasn't giving birth to any child all her life but wants to start at 35 and above will find it more difficult because her eggs have been leaving her body non stop.

1 Like

Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by ogene70: 8:11am On Jul 19, 2014
op, no spoil market for older babes na, soon guys will start to desert their older babes with the excuse of *pregnancy risk* even when they know they never had good intentions for these babes...lol

2 Likes

Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by Nobody: 8:12am On Jul 19, 2014
walearoy:

Nice one,
Hope you married already?
I pray God grants you your heart desire!

Not yet my dear.
Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by Nobody: 8:16am On Jul 19, 2014
Man na man, at what ever age his injector is still sharp.
Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by JEITO: 8:20am On Jul 19, 2014
Stories of the Bush administration...over the years, women have been defying the odds; and that's how it will remain.
Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by walearoy(m): 8:22am On Jul 19, 2014
kennygee:

Not yet my dear.

I hope you not 31 yet?
Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by repogirl(f): 8:26am On Jul 19, 2014
Different strokes for different people sha, my mom had her third kid at 37 and the last at forty one, no problem taking in, no problem with delivery, infact she gives birth before anyone knows what's happening.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 19, 2014
Women are prone to having more complications wif pregnancy if only they r having their first baby @ age 35... Becos of calcification process

3 Likes

Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by 234GT(m): 8:36am On Jul 19, 2014
kennygee:

They have names already? Easy o!
Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by Nobody: 8:38am On Jul 19, 2014
[quote author=Dygeasy]Sister Blessing!!!
Sister Nkiru!!!
Sister Bukky!!!

Shey una dey hear? Are you still forming for those brothers? Time don go o.[/qu LOL. Were r d brodas na dem no gree show o
Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by jamace(m): 8:38am On Jul 19, 2014
Complications leading to CS is so rampant among women these days because of OTONDO SYNDROME. Many of the ladies just consume junks and become so fat and lazy that they can't push out the twinkle little star by themselves. Too much relaxation, without exercise, is not good for the health o.

1 Like

Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by 50calibre(m): 8:39am On Jul 19, 2014
NL is getting fu*ked up these days, so many religious fanatics with nothing upstairs except the contents of their bibles are quickly turning this place into a joke.

The discussions on a medical thread should be kept within the scope of medicine instead some block heads invade and starts spewing off religious trash, why are Nigerian so dumb?

God this, God that, Sarah this, Sarah that!! Gosh please shut up already.

Go to the religious section.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by jude33084(m): 8:41am On Jul 19, 2014
Jultee: I wanna to read all this but I had to protect my eyes

Lord have mercy
Op couldn't even edit this
Just copy and paste

The moderators are even worst. sad

1 Like

Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 19, 2014
234GT:

They have names already? Easy o!

Yes o.
Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by Janetozi(f): 8:49am On Jul 19, 2014
I don't believe this shi!t. I have seen so many women above that age giving birth to normal children.
Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by jericco1(m): 9:04am On Jul 19, 2014
I just want three kids, & My wife will end the baby stuff by 30 or thereabout and after that, it'll be hit & go!!
Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by fantasia200(f): 9:23am On Jul 19, 2014
stanbiggi: The reason why women aged before getting married is because their is no job for the guys, most organisation employs women. Do ur survey and u will discover, so the guys are not ready for marriage because ladies has taken away their jobs. This is the cost in society when women now do men jobs.
now this is beyond hilarious
Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by colonel20: 9:24am On Jul 19, 2014
anuma1: There’s a lot of debate over women having babies past the age of 35. However, it’s not that uncommon. In fact, one in 10 babies born to women over 35-years of age are born with zero complications to mom or baby.
However, doctors and midwives take extra precaution with pregnant women over 35 as they can be more susceptible to certain health concerns such as gestational diabetes, miscarriages, and delivering a baby with chromosomal abnormalities (i.e., Down syndrome).
Here are ten facts to keep in mind if you plan to give birth past age 35…

1. Greater Risk of Pregnancy Complications
Women who get pregnant past the age of 35 are more prone to developing certain complications during pregnancy—most commonly gestational diabetes and high blood pressure. However, regular doctor’s appointments and quality prenatal care will help monitor and control both conditions if they arise during pregnancy.

2. Healthy Diet is Vital
A healthy, balanced diet is vital for all pregnant women, regardless of age. Oftentimes, an older woman is more prone to pregnancy weight gain, which can contribute to further complications and energy drain during her pregnancy. But a well-balanced diet (plus prenatal vitamins) that focuses on whole, natural foods and quality proteins should do its part to prevent excess weight and ensure both mom and baby are properly nourished.

3. Risk of Chromosomal Abnormalities
If you’re pregnant past the age of 35-years, your doctor will offer a series of genetic testing to monitor for certain chromosomal abnormalities that increase with older pregnancies. For instance, chorionic villus sampling (CVS), a test performed at 9 to 11 weeks of pregnancy, is 99-percent accurate for detecting Down syndrome and Turner syndrome.

4. Heightened Risk of Miscarriage
It’s no secret that women over the age of 35 suffer higher risk of miscarriages and stillbirths compared to younger women. And risk of miscarriage only increases with age, for instance, while women who are 35-years old have a 20-percent chance of miscarrying; those 45-years or older have a 35-percent risk of miscarrying.

5.Higher Incidence of Twin Births
Older women also often find themselves with a double surprise—twins! It’s a fact that twin births are more common in pregnant women who are 35-years or older.

6.More Cesarean Sections
If you’re 35-years-old or older and pregnant, you have an increased chance of a cesarean section delivery as well. This can be due to the greater likelihood of complications during pregnancy and delivery, including labor issues such as excessive bleeding, prolonged labor (greater than 20 hours), and stalled labor.

7.Drastic Emotional Changes During Pregnancy
Hardly any new mother is quite prepared for the complete life transformation that comes with pregnancy or new motherhood. Hormone fluctuations are almost always the prime source of the emotional rollercoaster of pregnancy. However, the older the woman; the more stress the body will often experience.

8.Egg Quality Declines
As women age, we experience a decline in our fertility, which means we ovulate less regularly or miss the occasional egg release completely. Egg quality begins to wane between age 30 and 40, with genetic egg complications becoming more likely and reducing the chances of conception.

9.It May Take Longer To Conceive
In addition to lowered fertility after the age of 35, there are also more difficulties with timing conception. For instance, where it can take a couple in their 20s just a few months to conceive, couples over 35 often need years to become pregnant.

10.Remember, Every Woman is Different
When it comes down to age and pregnancy, 35 is just a number and every woman’s biological age differs from her number age. While many women have a family history of difficult conception; others will be able to conceive quite easily into their 40s due to stellar diet and regular exercise.
Better 4 my eyes. @topic, theories!
Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 19, 2014
fantasia200: now this is beyond hilarious
Doesn't make it any less true. In developed countries women get jobs just as much as men, even jobs ill-suited for them. Feminism.
In Nigeria women get practically all of the ( white collar) jobs. Higher sexxual marketplace value.
Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 19, 2014
obayaya: That's why I wanna get married right away grin

as if you are female.....
Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by JustCurious: 9:51am On Jul 19, 2014
nawaooo: Science no be God!

Guy, No put fear for our ladies body na!

My sis got married @ that age n she has 4 beautiful kids! All delivered safely with ease!
No mind the author. These could have been termed 'observations' and not FACTS. For, God has the final say... You can't know more than the Manufacturer- the Creator.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" / Nkiru Obasi: Survivor Of Lebanon Explosion Calls For Help From Nigeria / This Drug Increased My Libido: Suprised At Effect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.