Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,437 members, 7,808,565 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

Dating/marrying A Younger Man - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dating/marrying A Younger Man (2938 Views)

7 Advantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook! / 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook / Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dating/marrying A Younger Man by orbis(m): 8:32am On Jul 19, 2014
I was chatting with some female colleagues at work the other day and the issue of having to date or marry a younger man crept up. I was really surprisd at the way they all swore they cant try such a thing. I was even more astonished at the older ladies who were supposed to be married with kids at this point in their lives. Ok, would you date or marry a younger man even when he is bigger, more matured and financially more stable than you? As for me, i wouldnt mind an older lady if she will give me the happiness i deserve in marriage.

1 Like

Re: Dating/marrying A Younger Man by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 19, 2014
In my point of view and frm experience, I don't see anything wrong in marrying a younger guy, with reasonable gap of 1yr to at least 6yrs. Initially, d lady feels uncomfortable abt d idea, but if most her relationships wit older guys aint working, before menopause strikes in, she shud consider that younger dude who's out 2 go thru d whole length of marriage. Some younger guys are matured inwardly, and u will be surprise abt the mindset, while some can be childish and act exactly their age. Have also met older guys, that way so childish and. U begin 2 wonder, is dis guy for real?
Its no biggie, if d difference is not so glaring

2 Likes

Re: Dating/marrying A Younger Man by okirewaju(f): 12:06pm On Jul 19, 2014
I don't think I can marry someone younger than me.

I love my men older, like way older!

1 Like

Re: Dating/marrying A Younger Man by egopersonified(f): 2:21pm On Jul 19, 2014
Op, all those yr colleagues are deceiving themselves, some of them have dated or are still dating younger men even as they spoke. Aint nothing wrong with it, even if it is clearly obvious the lady is older, as far as they both dont mind, then what the heck.

4 Likes

Re: Dating/marrying A Younger Man by ifyalways(f): 2:49pm On Jul 19, 2014
Not for me abeg.

The age thing will always be there no matter what. A one or two years age difference is understandable but "awon iya arugbo pelu young boys old enough to be their sons"? Haa, make una fear God small.
Re: Dating/marrying A Younger Man by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 19, 2014
You're either 5+ years older or swerve undecided

there's nothing wrong with dating a younger guy though

1 Like

Re: Dating/marrying A Younger Man by luvablesam(m): 3:46pm On Jul 19, 2014
My First REAL GF was five Years Older than me. I loved the idea n she loved me in turn. I hated Girls i was older than back then,They sounded like broken CDs(SKIP,SKIP) ...Reasons we broke up was her family pressure ....They really wanted her to marry ASAP. So i let her go. ...

Moral of the story na- Its Up to u et ur Partner to focus on ur relationship.....Older or Younger, get the best from your lives....Simple...Never mind what people say,Ignore them cos they will fade away....

1 Like

Re: Dating/marrying A Younger Man by Bigsteveg(m): 5:17pm On Jul 19, 2014
Age should not be an excuse when it comes to relationship, though in d case of if the woman is d older one the, gap should not be more than 3 yrs.

1 Like

Re: Dating/marrying A Younger Man by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 19, 2014
I can date a lady older than me; but I can't be more than 4 yrs younger than her though.
Re: Dating/marrying A Younger Man by bellong: 7:08pm On Jul 19, 2014
alutacontinua: You're either 5+ years older or swerve undecided

there's nothing wrong with dating a younger guy though

Is the bolded an advert? What are the other criteria? cool cheesy

1 Like

Re: Dating/marrying A Younger Man by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 19, 2014
bellong:

Is the bolded an advert? What are the other criteria? cool cheesy

His statement of account.
No naira account, please cool
Re: Dating/marrying A Younger Man by orbis(m): 11:26pm On Jul 19, 2014
From the comments here...I can boldly say that men are more likely to push into the risk of marrying an older woman. what are these ladies afraid of by the way?
Re: Dating/marrying A Younger Man by apolonius(m): 4:33am On Jul 20, 2014
I have dated older babes before and enjoyed it well,but never again. I can't marry an older lady;NEVER!smiley
Re: Dating/marrying A Younger Man by orbis(m): 12:40pm On Jul 20, 2014
apolonius: I have dated older babes before and enjoyed it well,but never again. I can't marry an older lady;NEVER!smiley
Bros do you mind on expantiating on your reasons?
Re: Dating/marrying A Younger Man by orbis(m): 12:41pm On Jul 20, 2014
alutacontinua:

Well spoken like a typical naija babe...i hail una
Re: Dating/marrying A Younger Man by apolonius(m): 1:18pm On Jul 20, 2014
orbis:
Bros do you mind on expantiating on your reasons?

Merits: they are more intelligent and wiser with hindsight to add value to your life as you do theirs. Less materialistic and quite selfless and generous. They have in quantum the kind of mental connection the younger are won't to lack: can contribute to every topic of conversation, and reason more logically than emotionally.

Demerits: they have this tendency to be authoritative and subtly domineering. They crave lot and lot of attention. There likely will be a man present in their lives from the past;the age difference keeps them sustaining some alternative tie with someone of their age as a plan B. They can be unforgiving and easily reactional in ways your mates or younger babes won't do. In some cases,they are very desperate and will go to unusual ends to keep you. For the average Naija man,you may not be proud of people identifying you with them. Experience tells me that it just may not work out with them for marriage and the times and choice will haunt you for awhile.

Of course, some of the reasons are better left unshared for personal honour guard and charity.

Caveat: mark you,these points on dating older ladies is from personal experience and may be more subjective than objective.

1 Like

Re: Dating/marrying A Younger Man by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 20, 2014
@Op. Not all women are like your colleagues......
It's a personal choice/decision.....
personally, i have preference for older men than younger men when it comes to issues of the heart.
Not as if dating an older man guarantees a perfect/faithful union.... Its just a psychological belief.
Like I said, it's a personal choice/decision.
Re: Dating/marrying A Younger Man by bellong: 4:18pm On Jul 20, 2014
alutacontinua:

Sure, his account is very very huge and mind blowing.

It is in Zimbabwean dollars

1 Like

Re: Dating/marrying A Younger Man by ogawisdom(m): 5:43pm On Jul 20, 2014
Age difference doesn't matter provided he is a man and nt a boy undecided otherwise it ll look like a sugar mum rship lipsrsealed again both parties shld b comfortable abt it n d woman ready to submit to d man even if she is 20yrs older
Re: Dating/marrying A Younger Man by ogawisdom(m): 5:46pm On Jul 20, 2014
Age difference doesn't matter provided he is a man (25+) and nt a boy undecided otherwise it ll look like a sugar mum rship lipsrsealed again both parties shld b comfortable abt it n d woman ready to submit to d man even if she is 20yrs older
Re: Dating/marrying A Younger Man by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jul 20, 2014
orbis:

Well spoken like a typical naija babe...i hail una

yes oooooooooo, life is short, biko wink tongue

bellong:
Sure, his account is very very huge and mind blowing.
It is in Zimbabwean dollars

angry angry angry
Re: Dating/marrying A Younger Man by bellong: 7:06pm On Jul 20, 2014
alutacontinua:

angry angry angry

Why are you sad or shocked?
Re: Dating/marrying A Younger Man by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 20, 2014
bellong:

Why are you sad or shocked?

I prefer pound sterling (£) wink
Re: Dating/marrying A Younger Man by shizzleStar: 7:11pm On Jul 20, 2014
okirewaju: I don't think I can marry someone younger than me.

I love my men older, like way older!
like 20/25yrs minimum you mean?

1 Like

Re: Dating/marrying A Younger Man by shizzleStar: 7:14pm On Jul 20, 2014
op dont mind mind those your colleagues, they are all hypocrites.
Women like them would even charm a younger, well to do guy to marry them when the opportunity beckons, bunch of deluded lots
Re: Dating/marrying A Younger Man by bellong: 8:34pm On Jul 20, 2014
alutacontinua:

I prefer pound sterling (£) wink

Yes, he has Oluwole UK account.... undecided
Re: Dating/marrying A Younger Man by orbis(m): 9:01pm On Jul 20, 2014
I dont think younger men beat their older wives, when they even cheat they are more cautious about it.
Re: Dating/marrying A Younger Man by okirewaju(f): 9:34pm On Jul 20, 2014
shizzleStar:
like 20/25yrs minimum you mean?
Not bad. As long as I really like you then age is just a number!
Re: Dating/marrying A Younger Man by snazzylove: 9:54pm On Jul 20, 2014
Age like they said is just numbers. But personally I prefer my man older. #respecttinz#
Re: Dating/marrying A Younger Man by shizzleStar: 8:03am On Jul 21, 2014
okirewaju: Not bad. As long as I really like you then age is just a number!
what if the bolded is younger than you, that's my point, or are you saying you cant feel something for a younger guy? cos in you first comment you made it seem almost impossible, but then again you say 'age is just a number' so where do you really stand?

1 Like

Re: Dating/marrying A Younger Man by okirewaju(f): 2:55pm On Jul 21, 2014
shizzleStar:
what if the bolded is younger than you, that's my point, or are you saying you cant feel something for a younger guy? cos in you first comment you made it seem almost impossible, but then again you say 'age is just a number' so where do you really stand?
@ the bolded, I made that statement in respect of the 20/25 age gap you gave earlier.

I don't think I have ever dated someone younger except not to my knowledge.
Re: Dating/marrying A Younger Man by Iykenson(m): 8:34am On Jul 22, 2014
i do not see age difference as an issue in a relationship. what matters to me is understanding. the problems we have in africa and nigeria in particular are peer and family pressure.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Happy Mother's Day / His Wife Refused To Kiss Him Because She Is Observing Fasting. / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.