Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,094 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:06 AM

The Prayers We Offer For The Dead, How Far Does It Go? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Prayers We Offer For The Dead, How Far Does It Go? (719 Views)

How Far Back Can You Trace Your Ancestry? / "how Far?" Is The Most Popular Slang Among Nigerians Abroad. / Candle Light For The Dead, How Relevant? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Prayers We Offer For The Dead, How Far Does It Go? by tripua: 10:21am On Jul 19, 2014
Just took part on the burial of an old grand mother and am particularly concerned about all the prayers people including priest offers for the dead. As a christian, am aware of the fact that judgement comes immediately after death as "it is appointed unto man to die once, after this, judgement". I hold the personal belief that a man's fate is sealed immediately he dies and so all prayers offered does not have any effect on the dead. I stand to be corrected please!
Re: The Prayers We Offer For The Dead, How Far Does It Go? by Bootybuttchic(f): 10:25am On Jul 19, 2014
H
Re: The Prayers We Offer For The Dead, How Far Does It Go? by Nobody: 10:40am On Jul 19, 2014
Don't know too. I believe all the prayers for the dead are nothing but formality..
Re: The Prayers We Offer For The Dead, How Far Does It Go? by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 19, 2014
hmmmmmmmmmmm... only the dead can answer that o
Re: The Prayers We Offer For The Dead, How Far Does It Go? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 19, 2014
You are right
Our prayers have no bearing on someone once he/she dies
At the point of death, one's eternal destiny is confirmed
Each of us have but one life and we are responsible for how we live our lives
We also have the privilege of making our own choices (whether good or bad)
Once life is over, there are no more choices to be made
We have no choice but to face judgment
Re: The Prayers We Offer For The Dead, How Far Does It Go? by datguru: 4:41pm On Jul 19, 2014
that is waste of time, no repentance in the GRAVE... period
Re: The Prayers We Offer For The Dead, How Far Does It Go? by tripua: 5:26pm On Jul 21, 2014
Very well noted
Re: The Prayers We Offer For The Dead, How Far Does It Go? by corisande: 5:30pm On Jul 21, 2014
hmmmm
let me ponder

(1) (Reply)

Wizkid To Face 7 Years Imprisonment For Allegedly Threatening Linda Ikeji / Withdrew Due To A Knee Injury Making This / CRK, IRK Controversy: How We Pushed Goodluck Jonathan To Accept Policy- Sultan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.