Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,152 members, 7,807,508 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:28 PM

Kindly Help Me With Reviewing This Blog Webmasters - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Kindly Help Me With Reviewing This Blog Webmasters (1308 Views)

Please I Need Your Help In Reviewing My Blog / Hello Webmasters Guess Which Platform This Blog Is On? / closed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kindly Help Me With Reviewing This Blog Webmasters by Davo93(m): 3:48pm On Jul 19, 2014
JULY 19:

Good day Nairalanders & Bloggers. I wish to fully join the bloggers' family and i need your contributions to make this real.

I know little of Google's Blogging platform because i once had a blog on it but somehow 'dead' now. I got to know we also have another big Blogging platform i.e Wordpress. Please which of these two is better and manageably friendly? Also, how do i go about getting very wonderful theme for my proposed blog. The proposed blog is for news actually.

I will appreciate every reply here please. Thanks!

JULY 25:

I really appreciate you guys for helping me out initially. As you suggested, I eventually created my Blog using . I was able to also get a Premium template that suit me. I need you to please help me once again with review of the Blog.

Link: http://www.oaupeeps.com

Thank you!
Re: Kindly Help Me With Reviewing This Blog Webmasters by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 19, 2014
wordpress is better,easy to use,litte tweaking of codes and has alot of free responsive themes, and you own your blog......i mean wordpress.org

the only con of wordpress is the hosting fee and vulnerability to brute attacks grin grin grin grin (u can prevent it tho)

mail me if u need help setting one up adelowojosh@gmail.com
Re: Kindly Help Me With Reviewing This Blog Webmasters by IamGodzilla: 3:56pm On Jul 19, 2014
Wordpress is better, and you can either use the wordpress.org platform, or you could hire someone like me, to create a better blog for you,...like your dollhousee.com,olodonation.com and the likes..but would be designed for news.
Re: Kindly Help Me With Reviewing This Blog Webmasters by manpo2k(m): 5:22pm On Jul 19, 2014
I support Wordpress. That's what I'm using for www.wetinhappen.com.ng. Well, I'd love to learn about Google blogs too!
Re: Kindly Help Me With Reviewing This Blog Webmasters by bedfordng(m): 5:50pm On Jul 19, 2014
Davo93: Good day Nairalanders & Bloggers. I wish to fully join the bloggers' family and i need your contributions to make this real.

I know little of Google's Blogging platform because i once had a blog on it but somehow 'dead' now. I got to know we also have another big Blogging platform i.e Wordpress. Please which of these two is better and manageably friendly? Also, how do i go about getting very wonderful theme for my proposed blog. The proposed blog is for news actually.

I will appreciate every reply here please. Thanks!
i will advice you to use blogger if you are new and don't have much knowledge on wordpress and hosting.i prefer using blogger than wordpress free version.its easy and more user friendly with features.don't make the mistake many beginners do make by using wordpress self hosted and end up quiting because money was not coming in and they need pay for hosting and maintain their website.so just make use of blogger for the main time to and develop your blogging skills before moving to wp self hosted.i won't recommend .wordpress free version
Re: Kindly Help Me With Reviewing This Blog Webmasters by Davo93(m): 6:02pm On Jul 19, 2014
Jregz: wordpress is better,easy to use,litte tweaking of codes and has alot of free responsive themes, and you own your blog......i mean wordpress.org

the only con of wordpress is the hosting fee and vulnerability to brute attacks grin grin grin grin (u can prevent it tho)

mail me if u need help setting one up adelowojosh@gmail.com
Thank you. Talking about the hosting fee please, it is usually around what $?

The vulnerability issue scares me here because i won't want something that is fully up to just go down, not even after spending and sweat to build an audience. What is the vulnerability rate?
Re: Kindly Help Me With Reviewing This Blog Webmasters by Davo93(m): 6:03pm On Jul 19, 2014
IamGodzilla: Wordpress is better, and you can either use the wordpress.org platform, or you could hire someone like me, to create a better blog for you,...like your dollhousee.com,olodonation.com and the likes..but would be designed for news.
Thank you!
Re: Kindly Help Me With Reviewing This Blog Webmasters by Davo93(m): 6:05pm On Jul 19, 2014
manpo2k: I support Wordpress. That's what I'm using for www.wetinhappen.com.ng. Well, I'd love to learn about Google blogs too!
This means you know little or nothing about Google Blogger? If otherwise, what makes you think Wordpress is better please?

Between, I love your blog, its lovely!
Re: Kindly Help Me With Reviewing This Blog Webmasters by Davo93(m): 6:12pm On Jul 19, 2014
bedfordng: i will advice you to use blogger if you are new and don't have much knowledge on wordpress and hosting.i prefer using blogger than wordpress free version.its easy and more user friendly with features.don't make the mistake many beginners do make by using wordpress self hosted and end up quiting because money was not coming in and they need pay for hosting and maintain their website.so just make use of blogger for the main time to and develop your blogging skills before moving to wp self hosted.i won't recommend .wordpress free version
Thank you. You are right that I don't know anything about Wordpress. I am familiar with Blogger and i like the ease of use but I don't know if Wordpress is like that. If the price of hosting on Wordpress is not beyond my purse, that should not be problem then. It seems to me blogs on Wordpress looks more attractive than the one on Blogger. I may be wrong though.
Re: Kindly Help Me With Reviewing This Blog Webmasters by bedfordng(m): 6:49pm On Jul 19, 2014
Davo93: Thank you. You are right that I don't know anything about Wordpress. I am familiar with Blogger and i like the ease of use but I don't know if Wordpress is like that. If the price of hosting on Wordpress is not beyond my purse, that should not be problem then. It seems to me blogs on Wordpress looks more attractive than the one on Blogger. I may be wrong though.
it all depends on whether self hosted or hosted wordpress.yes the beauty in wordpress self hosted is superb but you have to be ready for the maintenance too,trust me its not easy.as for the hosting,you will have to go for unlimited hosting to run your blog successfully,other than that,your site may go offline regularly if you go for limited bandwidth.you really must be ready for wordpress maintenance before using it other wise you may get frustrated when the money is not coming in.don't mean to scare you.if you have no knowledge in webhosting and wordpress,don't go there.you can still learn it by running wp on your computer for the main time.that is just the simple truth.i won't even advice using .wordpress as against .
Re: Kindly Help Me With Reviewing This Blog Webmasters by Davo93(m): 7:08pm On Jul 19, 2014
bedfordng: it all depends on whether self hosted or hosted wordpress.yes the beauty in wordpress self hosted is superb but you have to be ready for the maintenance too,trust me its not easy.as for the hosting,you will have to go for unlimited hosting to run your blog successfully,other than that,your site may go offline regularly if you go for limited bandwidth.you really must be ready for wordpress maintenance before using it other wise you may get frustrated when the money is not coming in.don't mean to scare you.if you have no knowledge in webhosting and wordpress,don't go there.you can still learn it by running wp on your computer for the main time.that is just the simple truth.i won't even advice using .wordpress as against .
huh... good. I may be considering using then based on your explanation here.I doubt if I will have all of the time in this world for maintenance. Maintenance problem is even the reason I am considering selling off the Forum i currently administer. What of the expertise even involved like you pointed out.

I think I will settle for . One thing, can i move my blog from to Wordpress in future and still retain the data? I mean my posts.
Re: Kindly Help Me With Reviewing This Blog Webmasters by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 19, 2014
Davo93: Thank you. Talking about the hosting fee please, it is usually around what $?

The vulnerability issue scares me here because i won't want something that is fully up to just go down, not even after spending and sweat to build an audience. What is the vulnerability rate?
Davo93: huh... good. I may be considering using then based on your explanation here.I doubt if I will have all of the time in this world for maintenance. Maintenance problem is even the reason I am considering selling off the Forum i currently administer. What of the expertise even involved like you pointed out.
I think I will settle for . One thing, can i move my blog from to Wordpress in future and still retain the data? I mean my posts.
yes,you can retain your data

like see. adelowojregz..com now redirects to a wp blog www.9jablower.com (Google backlinks still intact )

for hosting, would recommend arvixe ---$36 for 6months,60 for a year

Vulnerability can be prevented by editing htaccess and security plugins..... You would only be attacked if you don't take security measures though....Just like leaving a bullion van filled with cash without policemen guarding it....

Maintenance --- Nothing really much than updating your plugins,
Re: Kindly Help Me With Reviewing This Blog Webmasters by Davo93(m): 9:32pm On Jul 19, 2014
Jregz:
yes,you can retain your data

like see. adelowojregz..com now redirects to a wp blog www.9jablower.com (Google backlinks still intact )

for hosting, would recommend arvixe ---$36 for 6months,60 for a year

Vulnerability can be prevented by editing htaccess and security plugins..... You would only be attacked if you don't take security measures though....Just like leaving a bullion van filled with cash without policemen guarding it....

Maintenance --- Nothing really much than updating your plugins,

Thank you boss. I will be choosing for now and switch to Wordpress in the future.

Now, getting a nice and attractive theme both in Mobile and Desktop views is the challenge.
Re: Kindly Help Me With Reviewing This Blog Webmasters by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 19, 2014
Davo93: Thank you boss. I will be choosing for now and switch to Wordpress in the future.

Now, getting a nice and attractive theme both in Mobile and Desktop views is the challenge.
Aiit Bro...... you can easily choose from your dashboard,they've got like 20 free themes but You can always download.free templates online....

"Free but might be not attractive grin grin
Re: Kindly Help Me With Reviewing This Blog Webmasters by Davo93(m): 9:49pm On Jul 19, 2014
Jregz:
Aiit Bro...... you can easily choose from your dashboard,they've got like 20 free themes but You can always download.free templates online....

"Free but might be attractive grin grin
I once checked through... those 20 teams aint appealing to me. I need where to download stunning themes. Basically meant for News.
Re: Kindly Help Me With Reviewing This Blog Webmasters by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jul 19, 2014
Davo93: I once checked through... those 20 teams aint appealing to me. I need where to download stunning themes. Basically meant for News.

btemplates.com
soratemplates.com
Re: Kindly Help Me With Reviewing This Blog Webmasters by Davo93(m): 10:53pm On Jul 19, 2014
Jregz:

btemplates.com
soratemplates.com

Thanks so much! I will check those websites later tomorrow. You made my day sir.
Re: Kindly Help Me With Reviewing This Blog Webmasters by FKO1(m): 11:42pm On Jul 19, 2014
Jregz:

LOL SINCE YOU SWITCH TO WP UR BEEF WITH BLOGGER EHN..
Re: Kindly Help Me With Reviewing This Blog Webmasters by GodMode: 1:29am On Jul 20, 2014
Jregz:

What did blogger do to you
Re: Kindly Help Me With Reviewing This Blog Webmasters by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 20, 2014
FKO1: LOL SINCE YOU SWITCH TO WP UR BEEF WITH BLOGGER EHN..

cheesy
Re: Kindly Help Me With Reviewing This Blog Webmasters by Davo93(m): 8:45pm On Jul 25, 2014
I really appreciate you guys for helping me out initially. As you suggested, I eventually created my Blog using . I was able to also get a Premium template that suits me. I need you to please help me once again with review of the Blog.

Link: http://oaupeepsblog..com

Thank you!
Re: Kindly Help Me With Reviewing This Blog Webmasters by Nobody: 5:24am On Jul 26, 2014
Davo93: I really appreciate you guys for helping me out initially. As you suggested, I eventually created my Blog using . I was able to also get a Premium template that suits me. I need you to please help me once again with review of the Blog.

Thank you!
that's definitely not a premium theme.... it looks cool though
Re: Kindly Help Me With Reviewing This Blog Webmasters by FKO1(m): 6:35am On Jul 26, 2014
Davo93: I really appreciate you guys for helping me out initially. As you suggested, I eventually created my Blog using . I was able to also get a Premium template that suits me. I need you to please help me once again with review of the Blog.

Thank you!
NICE LOOKING TEMPLATE
Re: Kindly Help Me With Reviewing This Blog Webmasters by Davo93(m): 6:39am On Jul 26, 2014
Jregz:
that's definitely not a premium theme.... it looks coil though
I thought it was. Please what do you mean by looking coil?
Re: Kindly Help Me With Reviewing This Blog Webmasters by Davo93(m): 6:40am On Jul 26, 2014
FKO1: NICE LOOKING TEMPLATE
Thank you friend.
Re: Kindly Help Me With Reviewing This Blog Webmasters by Nobody: 11:02am On Jul 26, 2014
Davo93: I thought it was. Please what do you mean by looking coil?
cool..... typo
.was typing in the midnight grin
Re: Kindly Help Me With Reviewing This Blog Webmasters by Davo93(m): 11:39am On Jul 26, 2014
Jregz:
cool..... typo
.was typing in the midnight grin
Lol... thats good.

More reviews please.
Re: Kindly Help Me With Reviewing This Blog Webmasters by fattbabakay(m): 2:43pm On Jul 26, 2014

Thank you!
#TeamOAU ...this is nice...doesn't look too Behind on operamini,but viewing it on PC makes sense tho...
Re: Kindly Help Me With Reviewing This Blog Webmasters by Jayclinics(m): 4:43pm On Jul 26, 2014
Although i have used the both until i finally settled for WordPress, I recently moved my blog to wordpress. Check it out @
http://cliniconomy.com
Re: Kindly Help Me With Reviewing This Blog Webmasters by Davo93(m): 5:59pm On Jul 26, 2014
fattbabakay: #TeamOAU ...this is nice...doesn't look too Behind on operamini,but viewing it on PC makes sense tho...
really? Review on Mobile view noted. Thanks a lot. Are you part of the #teamOAU crew?
Re: Kindly Help Me With Reviewing This Blog Webmasters by dwebdesign(m): 6:45pm On Jul 26, 2014
configure the flatmag very well nah! good work.
Re: Kindly Help Me With Reviewing This Blog Webmasters by Davo93(m): 7:15pm On Jul 26, 2014
dwebdesign: configure the flatmag very well nah! good work.
Sorry, how do you mean that I should configure it well? Please be specific.

(1) (2) (Reply)

NEEDED: Adsense Safe Traffic To My Blog / I Need A Sport Betting Website Designer.. Thanks / My White Friday Start Today, When Other End Their Black Friday.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.