Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:34 PM

How To Choose A Logo Designer - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / How To Choose A Logo Designer (7795 Views)

Professional Logo Designer: The Best On Nairaland. Period! / Logo Designer Wanted / Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Choose A Logo Designer by Tymax(m): 10:44pm On Jul 19, 2014
I hope you all now realize that you must pay good money for your logo. Designing stuff is not beans.

Stop looking for cheap art. Thank you.
Re: How To Choose A Logo Designer by iykbethany(m): 10:49pm On Jul 19, 2014
MissMeiya:

Hire me! smiley

What are your contact details?

Do you have any past jobs that I can look at?

I designed my website by myself but I want a standard website. I remember last year people were claiming Nigerian government websites were substandard bla bla bla. Now its time to prove they can do good and better job.

I need good logo and website for my supermarket/boutique. If I am satisfied I will give more jobs out, we start from this one first.
Re: How To Choose A Logo Designer by adexsimply(m): 10:50pm On Jul 19, 2014
MissMeiya: That's easy. Hire me.

adexsimply
uhm..proof ?
Re: How To Choose A Logo Designer by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jul 19, 2014
iykbethany: What are your contact details?
I will PM you. I prefer to remain anonymous on this forum. I've been stalked before undecided

Do you have any past jobs that I can look at?
Several. I've been designing for over 5 years. I'll include them in my email.

I designed my website by myself but I want a standard website. I redeemer last year people were claiming Nigerian government websites were substandard bla bla bla. Now its time to prove they can do good and better job.
They are the most pitiful things in existence. No one involved in those atrocities got those jobs on merit.

I need good logo and website for my supermarket/boutique. If I am satisfied I will give more jobs out, I have 4 companies, we start from this one.
If you are interested after I send you my past work, I can send you a design questionnaire and give you a quote.
Re: How To Choose A Logo Designer by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jul 19, 2014
adexsimply: uhm..proof ?

Sure. PM me what you're looking for.
Re: How To Choose A Logo Designer by erad(m): 11:00pm On Jul 19, 2014
iykbethany:

I want better logo design for each of my companies.

Kindly reach me via the contact details on my profile.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: How To Choose A Logo Designer by KelvinGraphics(m): 11:06pm On Jul 19, 2014
iceberylin: just hire kelvingraphics...

Dude is superb
Good evening Chief
Re: How To Choose A Logo Designer by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:52pm On Jul 19, 2014
myspnigeria: Nice piece..... Eye opening
yeah
Re: How To Choose A Logo Designer by iceberylin(m): 12:04am On Jul 20, 2014
KelvinGraphics:
Good evening Chief
my oga
Re: How To Choose A Logo Designer by 44chux(m): 3:02am On Jul 20, 2014
Pricing determines demand

Pls give quotation
Re: How To Choose A Logo Designer by Nobody: 11:16am On Jul 20, 2014
if you are a graphic artist based in ilorin and you sure of your graphic prowess do get in touch.....check my signature for my contact info
Re: How To Choose A Logo Designer by Chigold101(m): 1:14pm On Jul 21, 2014
Erad i really have a problem when people talk about testimony, experience & award in anything that have to do with creativity. If people go for only people that have the afore mentioned quality it means new talents can never discovered. As a logo creator myself, what matters is being able to translate the clients imagination into a reality. Therefore, what client should look out for is not those with some mundane experience, good testimony nor award winner but that person who can bring into reality what‘s in the mind of the company or organistion. I designed my firstlogo as a novice without a name then. The logo turned out to be a bomb
Re: How To Choose A Logo Designer by erad(m): 2:47pm On Jul 21, 2014
Chigold101: Erad i really have a problem when people talk about testimony, experience & award in anything that have to do with creativity. If people go for only people that have the afore mentioned quality it means new talents can never discovered. As a logo creator myself, what matters is being able to translate the clients imagination into a reality. Therefore, what client should look out for is not those with some mundane experience, good testimony nor award winner but that person who can bring into reality what‘s in the mind of the company or organistion. I designed my firstlogo as a novice without a name then. The logo turned out to be a bomb

Hi Chigold101, thank you for that rebuttal. The article isn't mine but I think I should be able to contribute in that regards.

I also have my reservations about testimonies and awards for the fact that they are not such too common practices in this part of the world but Experience my good friend is very essential in hiring a graphic designer. I'll use few of my experiences as case study...

While developing as a designer, I rocked. I also designed a couple of logos and they were the bomb but there was an issue, I used adobe photoshop. Photoshop most often than not doesn't deal in vectors so most of my logos were bitmaps. It took experience for me to understand this vital ingredient of logo designing. Now an inexperienced client would have come to me for a logo seeing my bitmap works and I would have done a marvellous job for him but it will also take him experience to realise that my wonderful logo has usage restrictions. Then he'll start spending more to look for a new designer to either recreate his logo in vector format or give him something new entirely.

99designs helped me in big way because that was where I realised most of my shortcomings as a logo designer. Experience can never be undermined in any occupation. Once in a while, the newbies get it right but the experienced ones not only get it right most times, they enlighten the clients in areas they(clients) are getting it wrong and make it all right.

Your job as a designer isn't only to design, it is to have the best interest of your client(s) at heart by advising them in regards to their design choices. How do you advise a construction logo client when you have never dealt with such before?

I hope I was able to make some sense.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ask Your Corel Draw, 3ds Max Questions Here / Wanna Shoot A Pro Hd Music Video Or Register Your Songs Abroad? / The Best Of Metacreations Poser! (the Ultimate 3d Animation Software)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.