Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,416 members, 7,808,492 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:41 PM

Which Is Worse- Killing In God's Name Or Not Believing In God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Is Worse- Killing In God's Name Or Not Believing In God? (746 Views)

Dr. John Hagee: Women Who Call God’s Name During Sex Should Be Jailed / Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? / Atheist State Your Reasons For Not Believing In God/Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is Worse- Killing In God's Name Or Not Believing In God? by Oluwaseytiano(m): 5:18am On Jul 20, 2014
Not that am saying Atheism is bad, I respect people's believe. I just want sensible opinions from brilliant minds
Re: Which Is Worse- Killing In God's Name Or Not Believing In God? by ammyluv2002(f): 5:55am On Jul 20, 2014
Killing in God's name is worse cause He has said it over and over again "do not fight for me, the battle is of the Lord" so when we choose to fight for Him we commit the sin of disobedience and killing. Now, for one to start fighting/killing in God's name that means that fellow believes there's God but choose to be blind or brainwashed so I won't say the person is ignorant cause is there in the Holy book so you sin against God willingly.

Believing in God is a personal thing, you can decide not to believe in Him for some reasons although the bible says " only a fool will say there's no God" but you might be privileged to know Him tomorrow so let's say when you were in the dark, you acted out of ignorance which can be forgiven. God can also decide to touch someone's heart and make him/her believe in His existence (remember, He has the heart of everyman) so I think the person who doesn't believe in Him have a better opportunity to the person who say they believe in Him yet they do things He forbids.

I'm just speaking from my own little experience about Him as a Christian so pls the elites in the house should not eat me up. grin grin grin
Re: Which Is Worse- Killing In God's Name Or Not Believing In God? by Nobody: 7:22am On Jul 20, 2014
Mxm undecided
Re: Which Is Worse- Killing In God's Name Or Not Believing In God? by Liveair: 9:06am On Jul 20, 2014
ammyluv2002: Killing in God's name is worse cause He has said it over and over again "do not fight for me, the battle is of the Lord" so when we choose to fight for Him we commit the sin of disobedience and killing. Now, for one to start fighting/killing in God's name that means that fellow believes there's God but choose to be blind or brainwashed so I won't say the person is ignorant cause is there in the Holy book so you sin against God willingly.

Believing in God is a personal thing, you can decide not to believe in Him for some reasons although the bible says " only a fool will say there's no God" but you might be privileged to know Him tomorrow so let's say when you were in the dark, you acted out of ignorance which can be forgiven. God can also decide to touch someone's heart and make him/her believe in His existence (remember, He has the heart of everyman) so I think the person who doesn't believe in Him have a better opportunity to the person who say they believe in Him yet they do things He forbids.

I'm just speaking from my own little experience about Him as a Christian so pls the elites in the house should not eat me up. grin grin grin

Wrong!
Read Deut 13:9-10. Deut 21:21, 1Kings 18:40.
All these texts show that God both asked and encouraged that people be killed for either not believing or disobedience.
My conclusion is that the christian God prefers them dead.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Worse- Killing In God's Name Or Not Believing In God? by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:13am On Jul 20, 2014
It is vis-versa case. To the God, disbelieving is worse that killing in the name of God. To us human, killing in the name of God is worse than disbelieving in the name of God.

1. Disbelieving in a God is worse because it would gradually lead to non existence of God. God live because we believe in Him. . .and when that believe stop, we killed the mighty God and he will die slowly and painfully. Disbelieving in God is worse than killing in God name to God because he instruted killing in his name. You have the right to kill non-believers as ordained in the bible which is God inspiration. The killing varies to person, group and time. You can stone non-believerd to death, strike them with sword, smash babies head on rocks, rippen womd open with sword. In this generation, Jesus encouraged us to get for ourselves sword and should wage war with non-believers because he came not for peace. At the end of time, he will come like a theif on the chariot of horse in the cloud singing the song of war. This would be the time he and his disciples would be killing in the name of the God. So much God want killing in his name, Disbelieving in him which would cause his death is worse.

2. To us human, killing in the name of God is worse that disbelieving in the name of God. Morally, Killing is wrong except in cases like self defence or profession. And I dont think the OP would be happy if I kill all his family members because of one sky daddy. . . .we humans woud prefare disbelieving in God than killing in his name. Afterall, atheism doesnot hurt you physically. Christian militants bomb and maim here and there causing the loose of live. Islamic militant bomb now and then. But atheist militant would blow the delusion you programmed with out of you. We are alll bombers and blowers. . .the only difference is physical assault and intellectual assault.
Re: Which Is Worse- Killing In God's Name Or Not Believing In God? by emmyskies(m): 10:30am On Jul 20, 2014
All of them are worse. Non is better than the other. Because both will end up same place for eternity. Doomed
Re: Which Is Worse- Killing In God's Name Or Not Believing In God? by GooseBaba: 5:43pm On Jul 20, 2014
Which God do you speak of? The God in question would determine the answer..

(1) (Reply)

Frosbel And Mazaje Invited For Serious Talk / Put Your Faith To Work: Stand Your Ground / Why I Dethroned Pope Benedict In Vatican City 2012/2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.