Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,855 members, 7,806,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:18 PM

Nigeria-our Country, Their Property:taking Hiatus Off NL Bc Here Doesnt Exist. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria-our Country, Their Property:taking Hiatus Off NL Bc Here Doesnt Exist. (483 Views)

United Kingdom-based Firm Kevin, Charlyn And Kimberly Is A SCAM! It Doesnt Exist / Nigeria: Our Image Worldwide Is Negative! / Nigeria: Our Children Are Hungry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria-our Country, Their Property:taking Hiatus Off NL Bc Here Doesnt Exist. by Nobody: 6:08am On Jul 20, 2014
I think i'll be taking hiatus off NL because the purpose for which it was created have been defeated partially.

Daily we'll come here fighting some imaginary war with some phantom enemies, who am i trying to defend when nobody cares if i do exist?

All the threads NLers have been opening since criticizing Nigeria rulers, no Nigerian ruler has ever replied or act positively concerning newsthreads in NL but a Jonathan led PDP Fed govt didnt hesitate to reply NY Times that are millions of miles away that knew nothing we are passing through here.

If Ekiti people will still vote Fayose bc he shared them rice despite all the atrocities he was alleged to have committed in past then how are we crawling foward, now Omisore've started eating corns .
Here in NL i saw the criticism and harsh wordings that trailed the rice sharing by both PDP-APC in Ekiti election yet Osun State have started doing the same thing, that means all these craps we are writing here stay here.
We are here killing ourselves daily for GEJ, Tinubu, Atiku,Obi, Buhari et al please lets ask ourselves if the kids of these people are here in NL, the same way a Jonathan will never care the number of people dying in Jos or Chibok because the children of a Danjuma, Dangote or Mai Deribe are not victims

How many people have been killed this year alone but a state function was cancelled because the brother of the VP who might be DUI lost his life that week.
What about those Emab Plaza, Nyanya Victims et al when will Nigeria lower her flags for them, maybe none of theirs is in the Aso Rock?

Yorubas will come here fighting Igbos but Obj's son will go to Abakiliki to marry the daughter of another richman, igbos will be fighting Yorubas Obi and Fashola will be dancing Showkey on the stage, Hausa will be killing their poor ones, Isa Yuguda will be walking down the aisle with Yaradua's daughter next day, Ijaws are clamouring for development of their region yet their only freedom fighter took his investment outside not just their region but thier country; haba,
Urhobos are celebrating Iboris birthday, soon Alamesieghas head will appear on our stamps.
If i had voted for GEJ led PDP in 2011 because he promised to construct the SNB but in the twilight of his 6years reign he is not commissioning the bridge but just flagging it off with jamboree because he wants to use it to get another block vote from SE yet Igbos are not the only people using the bridge but he didnt care if any of his relatives is passing the current one and imagined what they might be passing through, to them power comes first.
If it will take the ACN led Lagos State almost 15 years to construct the Lekki Bridge with taxpayers money yet decided to toll it to make extra cash for the overlord, then profit is the driving force.
Since this Boko Haram menace how many elites have lost their lives, how many members of their families have you heard bereaved by the activities of the terrorists yet Nyako, Shettima, Al Makura; Yuguda are married men with families, inlaws, whatever?

In 2009 many people were killed at Umunya/Ogbunike axis of the Onitsha Enugu expressway because of a tanker that fell along the bad portion of the road and set all the vehicles within the vicinity on fire killing all the occupants yet nothing from Nigerian government, not even a condolence or a speedy work on the road to avoid future occurances but Dana Air crashed the whole Newsmedia was awash with news and Nigerian government even showed thier selective remorse.

In 2011, NYSC members were killed in North by the supporters of the then CPC presidential candidate Buhari, the governor of the state told the parents of the victims that it was ordained by Allah, Buhari did not find it worthy to console the families that lost thier loved ones, he did not dissociate himself from the killing spree his supporters went on innocent corpers serving their fatherland.
Time heals everything, now Buhari is campaining in Osun dancing in the graves of the corps we are cheering him, campaigning in Imo spitting in the tombs of the corp members-they were nobody.
In Benue, Kogi States teachers are on strike despite our NL tons of criticisms, in Abia State the state of the roads are stories for another day yet we upload pictures daily here thumping them over their wicked and evil ways.

I think i will start taking NL and FB criticism serious the day our governments start taking us serious, the way things are going we need to act more and talk less, why should we be praising them for paying workers fees, drilling boreholes with our money, are they doing us favours?

Infact am tired of this Nairaland e-fight abeg, why shld i always celebrate Igbos that made it, why cant i make it so that others will sing my praises, why the supremacy here between failures in the ethnic groups celebrating the succesful ones?

Dedicated to Ikengawo & Obiageli, i appreciate your stands on issues these days, God bless you guys.

Bye NLers for the time being

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria-our Country, Their Property:taking Hiatus Off NL Bc Here Doesnt Exist. by Gamji007: 6:23am On Jul 20, 2014
Thought provoking write up.

Instead of going for a break, you should stay around and continue to fight for the truth. Who knows how many bigoted minds here you can help change to patriotic minds.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria-our Country, Their Property:taking Hiatus Off NL Bc Here Doesnt Exist. by DickDastardly(m): 7:04am On Jul 20, 2014
grin
Re: Nigeria-our Country, Their Property:taking Hiatus Off NL Bc Here Doesnt Exist. by BlackBaron: 7:28am On Jul 20, 2014
Unfortunately, most people here lack 'common sense' here hence they put efforts into futility.

The Ekiti/Osun brouhaha was one of the lowest points for me...contestants 'throwing' rice at the electorates whilst they'll later sit and dine on lobsters and all.

It only dawned on me then that development for us is light years away. Yet we get people on both sides of the demons and the devils fighting it out here trying to paint their side whiter than another.
Re: Nigeria-our Country, Their Property:taking Hiatus Off NL Bc Here Doesnt Exist. by jaytee01(m): 9:58am On Jul 20, 2014
It's quite unfortunate but many of the e-warriors here on nl are jobless semi-literate touts who fail to realise that the very people they are defending with insults on those who seek a better society for them , are actually primarily responsible for their sad situation.
One particularly active one posted a really galling remark some days ago and I checked his post history only to find him on many job advert threads praying that God should help him land the jobs. I was shocked. It does not occur to him that he is busy fighting an online war to pepertuate his penurious situation . Even if a politician is paying him per post presently, sooner or later he will be dumped. And then what happens afterwards?

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan The Face Of New Nigeria / Federal High Court Workers Join Strike / EDITORIAL: Not The “north” But The Post-colonial State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.