Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,105 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:29 AM

History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu (4961 Views)

Very Interesting: America's Secret Files On Ojukwu. / The Time Magazine On Ojukwu:the Gentleman Rebel / Hon Patrick Obahiagbon On Ojukwu's Demise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by 500GP: 1:36pm On Jul 20, 2014
ELEYI GIDI GAN!! THIS ONE IS RAW

#OJUKWU WILL ROT IN HELL FOR THE MASSACRE OF MILLIONS OF IBO (Igbos )

2 Likes

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by pazienza(m): 1:43pm On Jul 20, 2014
yomexp: obiagelli! obiagelli!! obiagelli!!!
how many times i call you?
your people go e-murder you today

His people can't murder him, they would rather betray and provide him with rat poison to end his miserable life,like they did to their so called sage.

2 Likes

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by remsonik(f): 1:48pm On Jul 20, 2014
And none of the biafran propangandist ve been able to answer Op's question. The fight for biafra was ill thought out by ojukwu,the timing wasn't right. Like a yoruba adage says; if ones hand hasn't gripped the handle of the cutlass u don't ask for the death that killed ur father!!

2 Likes

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 20, 2014
Ziluxga: There's no way ideologies Can be the same for everybody at the same time. For Ojukwu to be celebrated across Iboland even in death more than others(zik) shows that his decision is welcomed by his people, hence to us he was right. But Obiagelli why did u after mentioning all Ojukwu's fault that caused the civil war, u intentionally refused mentioning or refuse to ask why Gowon rejected the Aburi Accord. Well all the same, Obiagelli bear in mind that what happened in 1967 is also here again. Better u go and stop boko haram now, not when they bomb SE and out of annoyance the Ibos declare another secession, u will still tell ur children lies as ur father told u that the Ibos started it. U wouldn't see this boko haram. U wouldn't blame them when it happens, u wouldn't tell ur children the truth. U will still Blame Ibos. Obiagelli if u are not a wasterner, then then they hv succeeded in winning a soul which is their goal. plz grow up!
i am yet to see where i blamed igbos for anything, thank God you mentioned that we near the same situation again, the purpose of this thread is to discuss how it happened, what lead to it and what we gained. If we are to face a similar situation how do we go about it without needless waste of lives.

3 Likes

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jul 20, 2014
donroxy: Biafran progrom happens where you think below reality !!!

Bitter lesson has been learnt , look before you jump !!
you are right about looking before jumping.

2 Likes

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jul 20, 2014
remsonik: And none of the biafran propangandist ve been able to answer Op's question. The fight for biafra was ill thought out by ojukwu,the timing wasn't right. Like a yoruba adage says; if ones hand hasn't gripped the handle of the cutlass u don't ask for the death that killed ur father!!
just emotional responses so far. I also believe this is a lesson for everyone, we shouldn't allow any leader lead us into destruction.

1 Like

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 20, 2014
another case study is the so called Niger delta militants, they rode on emotions for self gains, thank God it didn't lead to war. Question is, what has changed in the Niger delta for ordinary people? Other than a few miscreants enrich themselves.

4 Likes

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by patrickmuf(m): 2:04pm On Jul 20, 2014
From responses, we can easily spot those who escaped history classes way back...It's important to know what happened, so it gives a clear idea about what will happen if any tribe gets it wrong...Normally, this thread should be educative but with the crop of people we have here these days, I doubt.

1 Like

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Bunchersstab(m): 2:06pm On Jul 20, 2014
Continue ya e-war!

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Gamji007: 2:09pm On Jul 20, 2014
Why won't Igbos learn to leave the past behind and move on. We all have a collective enemy which is corruption and bad governance. If our present crop of corrupt leaders would provide the basic needs of all citizens and make everybody happy, tribal crisis will be minimal.

Ojukwu's lust for power led him into commiting a great mistake which he later appoligised and moved on to die a Nigerian.

Please, let's continue to preach love and respect for one another and also understand our differences. This hate at the grassroot will lead us no where.

You see Jonathan , Muazu, Anyim Pius, Obanikoro dinning and having fun in state house Abuja, why should Chino,Oland Owo, Arewarep come to Nairaland and trade insults or Mama Nkechi, Baba Tunde and Mallam Yakubu continue to fight one another in the streets?

Nigerians let's be wise and not not behave like the animals that the white man thinks we are.

3 Likes

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Controversy: 2:21pm On Jul 20, 2014
Africa as a whole missed the opportunity to rewrite her history by refusing to supporting Biafra in 1967. If you ask me, Ojukwu was a man of wisdom and vision.

11 Likes

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:24pm On Jul 20, 2014
Ya all can fight.

I am here to learn
Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Ziluxga(m): 2:26pm On Jul 20, 2014
Obiagelli:
i am yet to see where i blamed igbos for anything, thank God you mentioned that we near the same situation again, the purpose of this thread is to discuss how it happened, what lead to it and what we gained. If we are to face a similar situation how do we go about it without needless waste of lives.
Obiagelli the truth is that from the tone of ur voice, u didn't open the thread for us to discuss how the civil war started, what led to it plus others. U only opened it to discredit Ojukwu and turn his people against him which is not possible.Plz what do u mean by without needless waste of lives. Boko haram is growing everyday and attacking with greater momentum, this situation Obiagelli, causes war. So go now and advise Arewa elders to talk to their boys, and not when this wild spreading boko haram fire gets to SE and they retaliate, u drop boko haram and carry Ibos on ur head dancing naked on ur market square as u hv carriede Ojukwu today. U will also re-write history as ur fathers have re-written it. Obiagelli do somethin now b4 u blame Ojukwu again.

12 Likes

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Ngokafor(f): 2:54pm On Jul 20, 2014
What a silly thread...@op go ask your corrupt and hypocritical apc governors facing corruption charges why they are all guilty of the same corruption they daily accuse pdp of instead of this nonsense you call a thread..mscheww!

3 Likes

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by T8ksy(m): 3:05pm On Jul 20, 2014
Controversy:
Thanks very much....... Nigeria have common enemy which is Fulanis, until we recognize it we will never move forward

we should never have formed a union with them. Even before independence the gulanis have been slaughtering we southerners and upon attaining self-rule, they persist in wasting our young generations till date.

However, to extricate ourselves from the shiiiit we got ourselves into, am sfrsid more of our people will have to be sacrificed.

Zik should have listened to Awo and let the fulanis, loose.

2 Likes

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Iykopee(m): 3:12pm On Jul 20, 2014
A typical nonsense posted by a rancid OP whose sublime confidence for acquiring international madness cant be over-emphasized.
Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 20, 2014
Ojukwu nwa dike.

Agunwamba . . .

2 Likes

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Ayesman(m): 3:35pm On Jul 20, 2014
vanbonattel: Ojukwu was a prophetic messiah born before his time. Every thing he feared about Nigeria is real today, now Arewa youths, Afenifere, massob etc are singing division, same thing ojukwu fought for. He knew Nigeria will never work 40 years ago, vision!

The Ikemba is a genius, he has no equals in Nigeria.

He has no equals in terms of foolishness?

1 Like

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 20, 2014
Ayesman:

He has no equals in terms of foolishness?
yes

4 Likes

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by VICTORCIZA(m): 3:58pm On Jul 20, 2014
obisgeli if truly you wanted TO discuss about biafra war you would not have presented this one sided, blame article.
something happened before the civil war. thousand of people were killed in northern Nigeria.
An agreement was reached in Aburi accord. who withdraw from it
ok
lets forget about biafra! bokoharam is crossing boundaries these days, if they hit southwest,southsouth,or east and we retaliate please obiageli my supposed igbo sister tell your kid the truth. nothing but the truth!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

COULD THIS BE WHY THEY DO NOT WANT ELECTIONS TO HOLD? (pix**) / Bombshell! Shock And Trepidation As Indigenous Igbos Are Discovered In Bayelsa. / JUST IN: Nigerian Minister Poisoned In Abuja, Fights For Life In Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.