Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,262 members, 7,780,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:54 PM

History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu (4940 Views)

Very Interesting: America's Secret Files On Ojukwu. / The Time Magazine On Ojukwu:the Gentleman Rebel / Hon Patrick Obahiagbon On Ojukwu's Demise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by T9ksy(m): 2:38pm On Jul 21, 2014
filiks: Maybe it will be just fair to call it 'THE IGBO COUP FOILED BY IGBOS'.

yeah........most aptly, "AN IBO COUP WITHIN AN IBO COUP FOILED BY IBO COUPISTS".
Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Ojiofor: 2:53pm On Jul 21, 2014
Obiagelli:
in your earlier post, you explained why he withdraw from the biafra campaign so why are you sounding like he campaigned all his life? Ojukwu messed a perfect opportunity
I just want to correct the false information you were ditching out that Zik was not in support of Biafra even one of your disciplines said dr okpara was not in support while it is historical fact that Dr Okpara worked for Ojukwu and Biafra from beginning to end . Obiagelli you can blame Ojukwu as much as you want it does not change the fact 99.9% of Igbo nation then and now was in full support of his actions as the then head of state of Biafra..if you doubt ask your fathers.
Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 21, 2014
Ojiofor: I just want to correct the false information you were ditching out that Zik was not in support of Biafra even one of your disciplines said dr okpara was not in support while it is historical fact that Dr Okpara worked for Ojukwu and Biafra from beginning to end . Obiagelli you can blame Ojukwu as much as you want it does not change the fact 99.9% of Igbo nation then and now was in full support of his actions as the then head of state of Biafra..if you doubt ask your fathers.
i never said zik didn't support biafra from the beginning.
Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by filiks(m): 3:28pm On Jul 21, 2014
PenSniper:

The simple and stark truth is that Ojukwu had a feeling of superiority complex towards Gowon, so rather than accept the latter's leadership, decided to gamble for power using his own people as sacrificial lambs. But this truth, can only be acceptable to a sane mind. It was this truth that made Ojukwu turn deaf ears to wise counsel, history and prevailing circumstances. It was the realization of this truth that made Awolowo risk his life against all wise counsel to travel to the east to make Ojukwu see reasons that he was headed for a suicidal mission. A later discovery of this truth made Victor Banjo, Emma Ifeajuna, etc to see sense in stopping the war to prevent further bloodshed but got executed by power drunk Ojukwu. It was all power play between Gowon and Ojukwu- seniority in the army. Senility, propaganda, morbid hatred and outright mischief made elders like Chinua Achebe compromise the truth in writing the trash - There was a country - to pollute an already foul atmosphere. Honestly, these are no leaders to be celebrated. The Yoruba say that a worthy elder, facing imminent departure, does not defecate the seat he leaves behind thus giving those behind him the task of clearing the stench.

You speak good english but content therein ...empty.

Ojukwu had a 'feeling of superiority'? Really? Please what was Ojukwu's rank before Gowon came into power? If you find that out, then your statement will either change or you will just confirm your bias which you think of as truth.

'Awolowo risked his life...'? Please go and read again where Awo was when that war started and who released him.

Like I said before, stop taking your parents account as history read widely and make your own judgments.
Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by mekadinho(f): 3:49pm On Jul 21, 2014
vanbonattel: Ojukwu was a prophetic messiah born before his time. Every thing he feared about Nigeria is real today, now Arewa youths, Afenifere, massob etc are singing division, same thing ojukwu fought for. He knew Nigeria will never work 40 years ago, vision!

The Ikemba is a genius, he has no equals in Nigeria.
I love you...
Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Ghost01(m): 4:02pm On Jul 21, 2014
@Filiks, you don't get to sell your own fallacious view as the real history. Awo was released from prison on August 3, 1966, when the only known Biafra was the Bight of Biafra. Ojukwu declared Biafra's Independence on May 30, 1967. The Civil War started on July 6, 1967. Stop trying to sell untruths as historical facts.

1 Like

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by mekadinho(f): 4:55pm On Jul 21, 2014
The only tin I knw is that AWO is a coward. Its a natural tin with SW people, OJUKWU FOUGHT 4 BREAK UP, Awo joined Northerns to deny him dat; 40yrs plus later, an Awo pikin shouted, "give me ODUDUWA or let me die". I can't stop asking ds question, can any tribe{esp yoruba} point a sector of d economy they are doing better than IGBOS?

2 Likes

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by PenSniper: 5:35pm On Jul 21, 2014
filiks:

You speak good english but content therein ...empty.

Ojukwu had a 'feeling of superiority'? Really? Please what was Ojukwu's rank before Gowon came into power? If you find that out, then your statement will either change or you will just confirm your bias which you think of as truth.

'Awolowo risked his life...'? Please go and read again where Awo was when that war started and who released him.

Like I said before, stop taking your parents account as history read widely and make your own judgments.

Why display your naivety and crass ignorance on the social media ? Are you from mars or just trying to be outrightly mischievious by trying to rewrite history ? Dont ask me, tell Ojukwu's rank between Jan. '66 and the start of the war. FYI i was a living witness of the crisis from the start to the end so if anybody is peddling his parents' falsified account, it can only be you. Mr. Mischief, Awolowo remained in prison throughout Ironsi's tenure. In conivance with his Igbo cohorts, he prefered to let him rot in jail since he escaped being murdered along with other regional leaders save Igbos'. Awolowo's release was Gowon's first action on assumption of office., He didnt even send aids, he went personally. Again, ask those who know better than you and they will tell you that Awolowo went to meet with Ojukwu just before the start of the war. Where did you learn your own version of the events ? Even the senile Chinua Achebe couldnt deny these facts in his book of lies and falsifications. No matter how much you people try to rewrite history by turning truth on its head, you shall fail because truth is sacrosanct.

1 Like

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by EasternLeopard: 5:51pm On Jul 21, 2014
PenSniper:

Why display your naivety and crass ignorance on the social media ? Are you from mars or just trying to be outrightly mischievious by trying to rewrite history ? Dont ask me, tell Ojukwu's rank between Jan. '66 and the start of the war. FYI i was a living witness of the crisis from the start to the end so if anybody is peddling his parents' falsified account, it can only be you. Mr. Mischief, Awolowo remained in prison throughout Ironsi's tenure. In conivance with his Igbo cohorts, he prefered to let him rot in jail since he escaped being murdered along with other regional leaders save Igbos'. Awolowo's release was Gowon's first action on assumption of office., He didnt even send aids, he went personally. Again, ask those who know better than you and they will tell you that Awolowo went to meet with Ojukwu just before the start of the war. Where did you learn your own version of the events ? Even the senile Chinua Achebe couldnt deny these facts in his book of lies and falsifications. No matter how much you people try to rewrite history by turning truth on its head, you shall fail because truth is sacrosanct.

You must be an infant in those days to believe that Gowon who Ojukwu rejected his government and instead ask that the most senior officer take charge, released Awolowo.

Common sense should tell you that the counter coup failed in the East.

If Gowon could release Awolowo, why didn't he replace Ojukwu with someone who won't resist his rule.
Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by tomakint: 6:14pm On Jul 21, 2014
Ojiofor: Did his letters to Ojukwu stop him from travelling around the world to canvas support for Biafra war efforts?
Stop wasting ur time my guy! It is pure madness for any Southerner to blame Ojukwu for the struggle for Biafra. Even judging from the assertions of the Super Perm Sec. of the civil service then, Chief Philip Asiodu, who few years ago gave a vivid account on how Gowon and his 'advisers' circumvent the Aburi Accord's peaceful resolution.

2 Likes

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by PenSniper: 6:29pm On Jul 21, 2014
EasternLeopard:

You must be an infant in those days to believe that Gowon who Ojukwu rejected his government and instead ask that the most senior officer take charge, released Awolowo.

If Gowon could release Awolowo, why didn't he replace Ojukwu with someone who won't resist his rule.

Ask your superiors to teach you the truth. Period.
Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by PenSniper: 6:32pm On Jul 21, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Ask your superiors to teach you the truth. Period.
Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Ezemust: 7:27pm On Jul 21, 2014
Obiagelli:
My respect to likes of zik who saw a diplomatic end to a crisis triggered by a few whose actions were applauded by the multitude.
Certainly not a Man that further compounded the problem, killing millions and fled in the end certainly not.
Btw gowon's case is coming in a few weeks.
wat diplomacy could be beta dan aburĂ½?
Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Ezemust: 7:56pm On Jul 21, 2014
0merta:

You're absolutely right, you know! We sure agree to disagree, and disagree to agree!

My point is that NOT all Igbos like Ojukwu...There are Millions of Igbos out there that still hate him even in Death. That's the point I was trying to prove to the Nigger I quoted!

Try and get My point or fucck off!...
i can swear wit my life dat a million igbo dnt hate ojukwu
Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 22, 2014
Ezemust: wat diplomacy could be beta dan aburĂ½?
No mind the mumu babe . . .
Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by filiks(m): 10:25pm On Jul 24, 2014
PenSniper:

Ok, you clearly did not answer any of my questions. Maybe you didn't understand them or you just know that the answers will not support your views.

I ask again, what was Ojukwu's rank before Gowon came into power? If you know the answer, then it's only sane not to use the expression 'he had a FEELING OF SUPERIORITY'.

I asked a second question; 'where was Awolowo when the war started and who released him?'
The answer, from your ramblings, should have been ; He was a free man, Ojukwu released him in the east where he was serving prison term.

Your claim of being 'a witness' to the events of 1966 is so childish. Speaking grammar doesn't translate to old age or wisdom.

Please read my comments again and maybe you'll see that I am not here to indulge in all your children's e-wars between yorubas and Igbos. I can write a whole text book on the Igbo leaders that got it all wrong in the past as well as the yoruba leaders without any sentiments.

1 Like

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by filiks(m): 10:30pm On Jul 24, 2014
Ghost01: @Filiks, you don't get to sell your own fallacious view as the real history. Awo was released from prison on August 3, 1966, when the only known Biafra was the Bight of Biafra. Ojukwu declared Biafra's Independence on May 30, 1967. The Civil War started on July 6, 1967. Stop trying to sell untruths as historical facts.

So what was my own fallacy? Read my post again and maybe you will observe that I asked you to read and did not give you the info.

You answer should have been; Awo was a free man when the war started, he was freed by Ojukwu prior to that war.

This is why people fail little tests sometimes.
Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Ghost01(m): 10:46pm On Jul 24, 2014
filiks:

So what was my own fallacy? Read my post again and maybe you will observe that I asked you to read and did not give you the info.

You answer should have been; Awo was a free man when the war started, he was freed by Ojukwu prior to that war.

This is why people fail little tests sometimes.

Freed by Ojukwu? Was he a prisoner of Ojukwu's or a prisoner of the Nigerian state? Btw, who was Ojukwu then to free a prisoner of Awo's stature? Tribalism won't let u use ur head

1 Like

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by filiks(m): 11:10pm On Jul 24, 2014
Ghost01:

Freed by Ojukwu? Was he a prisoner of Ojukwu's or a prisoner of the Nigerian state? Btw, who was Ojukwu then to free a prisoner of Awo's stature? Tribalism won't let you your head.

Son, what was Awo? former leader of western region, and what was Ojukwu(military head of eastern region).
I am not one of you tribalists here who hide behind the computer to say words that don't mean much.
I am a solution based critic of persons not their tribes!
If a man does something good, give him the credit regardless of what name he bears!!!
If Obasanjo did well as a president, I'll give him the credit and I don't care how many Igbos are up against him! But you won't know anything about that.
Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by T9ksy(m): 11:36pm On Jul 24, 2014
Ghost01:

Freed by Ojukwu? Was he a prisoner of Ojukwu's or a prisoner of the Nigerian state? Btw, who was Ojukwu then to free a prisoner of Awo's stature? Tribalism won't let you your head.

Don't mind the jester. Ojukwu was a regional military administrator whilst awo was one of the founding fathers of the whole country. Awo's alleged crime was a federal offence committed against the nation and naturally will have to be imprisoned somewhere in the country and just because it was in ojukwu's backyard does not necessarily mean, that he, ojukwu has any power over awo's incarceration. He can't release/ detained awo against the federal govts' order.

In aug 1966, ojukwu and his whole administration were still drawing their salaries from the federal govt. Had ojukwu truly released awo, gowon would have immediately arrested him and throw him back into jail to complete his full sentence.

ibo logic 101!!!

1 Like

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by PenSniper: 4:27pm On Jul 25, 2014
filiks:

Ok, you clearly did not answer any of my questions. Maybe you didn't understand them or you just know that the answers will not support your views.

I ask again, what was Ojukwu's rank before Gowon came into power? If you know the answer, then it's only sane not to use the expression 'he had a FEELING OF SUPERIORITY'.

I asked a second question; 'where was Awolowo when the war started and who released him?'
The answer, from your ramblings, should have been ; He was a free man, Ojukwu released him in the east where he was serving prison term.

Your claim of being 'a witness' to the events of 1966 is so childish. Speaking grammar doesn't translate to old age or wisdom.

Please read my comments again and maybe you'll see that I am not here to indulge in all your children's e-wars between yorubas and Igbos. I can write a whole text book on the Igbo leaders that got it all wrong in the past as well as the yoruba leaders without any sentiments.

You are obviously an irritant, a mischivious lie-peddler, an arrogant slowpoke consumed with and blindfolded by hatred trying hard to rewrite history. I regret the time i've wasted on you because its apparent you belong to the dregs of a pompous society.
Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by filiks(m): 11:03pm On Jul 26, 2014
PenSniper:

You are obviously an irritant, a mischivious lie-peddler, an arrogant slowpoke consumed with and blindfolded by hatred trying hard to rewrite history. I regret the time i've wasted on you because its apparent you belong to the dregs of a pompous society.

Son, your words ... childish. Well, I don't do that with kids. When you grow up and become capable of having a good debate or conversation, then we can talk.

A little education about debates: To debate, you first make your POINTS and probably give examples to buttress your views and not take out your frustration on your opponent by calling names etc.

Thank me later.
Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 08, 2014
what are the factors behind lagos plan of action for the economic development of africa, 1980-2000
Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 08, 2014
Obiagelli shld give us a solution to boko-haram. This obsession with Biafra and Igbos is not helping the daily massacre in the north east

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Burutai wife own dubai property...revealed by sahara reporters. Picz / Co-Defendant In The Trial Of IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu Displays Bravery... Video / Nnamdi Kanu: Biafra National Guard Declares War Against Nigerian Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.