Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,926 members, 7,803,005 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:10 AM

Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story (23350 Views)

The Difference Between A Muslim And A Mu'min (believer) / Joining The Bandwagon; Embracing The Single Story / Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by MrT2011(m): 9:02am On Jul 25, 2014
MMMG14: Keep deceiving urseff, ur Religion is of war,terror n crime. Imagine Iraq tellin Xtians 2 abjure dia Faith, pay tax or b killed! In wch Christian dominating country r muslims bn compelled 2 leave dia Islamic f8? Hop y'all knw d Sudanese woman who escaped bn killed 4 turning 2a christian.

Islam is rili "a religion of peace".....tsheeeew!

Thank God 4a country lik ISRAEL wch wil kill n obliterate al ye Arab muslims...! Yeye pipu!

1 Like

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by IyfeNamikaze(m): 9:02am On Jul 25, 2014
I understand what the Op is trying to tell us, but all that you say about islam is only how you wish things were, not how it really is.
Muslims will kill you and burn your house if you mock their prophet or abuse the quran. They will not only kill you, they will even go to the extent of killing anybody who practice your religion an burn down churches! That is how violent muslims are... and dont be surprise that the Op will be the frst person to throw the stone at you.
An atheist can come to a christian community and say "there is nothing like yahwe and that christ story is a scam" . and people (a pastor,bishop or any clegyman) will just tell laugh at him or tell him to come for bible studies for prayers and dilverance. or must cases ignore him. and the matter will just end there. But if same thing happens in any muslim community, all hell would be let lose in the whole of middle east and northern africa! imams will set a bounty on the head of the atheist,churches would be burned, christians would lose their lives even though it was an atheist and not a christian that made mockery of their prophet or relgion. CAN THE OP DENY THAT? CAN ANY MUSLIM DENY THAT?

Don't blame the media when for your problems, blame yourselves! the media have been saving you people from yourselves longer than i can remember.
take a look at the lady that was almost sentenced to death just because she denouced islam, and your muslim brothers were going to kill her despite the fact that she was pregnant! How evil can a religion get?

how evil can a religion get that they openly slaughter people in plublic while quoting verses from the Quran to support their sensless evil act? and they will still post it on the internet! Imagine!
The Media is only showing the World what islam truely is... a violent religion.

Blame your imams and conscience and inbuilt violent nature for your problems! blame yourselves. Look inwards. look at the man in the mirror

17 Likes

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by howfarwhatagwan: 9:02am On Jul 25, 2014
Well so sad I've got quite a number of muslim friends whom I care so much about. Personally I hate to get involved in religious arguments but truth be told I think that Muslims have kept quiet for too long and are not speaking loud enough to condemn the actions of some of these sects whom are tarnishing the image of the islamic religion sometimes it's like they themselves are afraid of these sects. The sooner all muslims all over the world rise up and speak out louder against these sects the better for everyone.

For Christians the bible says do unto others what you want them to do unto you but this golden rule can also be applied to humanity as a whole. The world have sat and watched muslims do almost nothing or not enough as other non-muslims have been persecuted and punished in their communities for example the recent case of the sudanese woman.

3 Likes

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by manfred10(m): 9:03am On Jul 25, 2014
kstyle2: Not all muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are muslims. Dats a fact. Proven and tested

Therefore all muslims are potential TERRORISTS

2 Likes

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by SangoCrusader: 9:05am On Jul 25, 2014
Such posts sicken me to be honest.

What you have given us is YOUR INTERPRETATION OF THE QURAN while Abubakar Shekau and Boko Haram have their own interpretation believing Allah is vengeful and sanctions this wave of killings. After all, Allah sanctioned it before with prophet Muhammad, so why are you so arrogant to believe he can not be exacting his will through Boko Haram?!?! Admit it, Abubakar Shekau is as much a Muslim as you and all of your clerics and he is using that same QURAN to justify his actions.

It is like Deeper Life calling baptist churches fake... wtf?!

5 Likes

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by morefire: 9:07am On Jul 25, 2014
hazyfm:

[size=16pt]ARE U AWARE SHEKAU USES A SAMSUNG GALAXY?[/size]

WESTERN EDUCATION IS BAD INDEED, BUT THE PRODUCTS OF THIS SAME WESTERN EDUCATION IS AWESOME!!!!
Lets stop fooling ourselves here

EVEN THE BOMBS ARE AS A RESULT OF ADVANCEMENT IN WESTERN EDUCATION...

1 Like

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by nora544: 9:07am On Jul 25, 2014
Freelancer007:

Who could have been a worse terrorist than Hitler who killed 6 million jews. Was Adolf Hitler a muslim? No!

Bush fooled the world and invaded Iraq on the pretext that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction, this he later aplogized for, saying he was misled.

Nevertheless, Bush had killed millions of Iraqis during the US invasion of Iraq on the pretext that Sadam had weapons of mass destruction. People died, women made widows and Children turned orphans because of the terrible nature of a single man. Is George Bush a Muslim?

Pls bro, don't be myopic! Not all terrorists are muslims. An evil person can hide under the cloack of religion to perpetrate evil.

You forget Stalin in russia who also killed his own people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by thewarrior72: 9:09am On Jul 25, 2014
Freelancer007:

Who could have been a worse terrorist than Hitler who killed 6 million jews. Was Adolf Hitler a muslim? No!

Bush fooled the world and invaded Iraq on the pretext that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction, this he later aplogized for, saying he was misled.

Nevertheless, Bush had killed millions of Iraqis during the US invasion of Iraq on the pretext that Sadam had weapons of mass destruction. People died, women made widows and Children turned orphans because of the terrible nature of a single man. Is George Bush a Muslim?

Pls bro, don't be myopic! Not all terrorists are muslims. An evil person can hide under the cloack of religion to perpetrate evil.

Freelancer007:

Gush...why comparing apples with mangoes? did Hitler kill Jews under religious ground/pretext?, or did bush kill the iraqis for not been Christians?

Islamic terrorists all over the world draw their inspiration from Koran & haddit, eg elqada, isis, boko haram, elshabaab etc

1 Like

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by boofydon: 9:16am On Jul 25, 2014
IyfeNamikaze: I understand what the Op is trying to tell us, but all that you say about islam is only how you wish things were, not how it really is.
Muslims will kill you and burn your house if you mock their prophet or abuse the quran. They will not only kill you, they will even go to the extent of killing anybody who practice your religion an burn down churches! That is how violent muslims are... and dont be surprise that the Op will be the frst person to throw the stone at you.
An atheist can come to a christian community and say "there is nothing like yahwe and that christ story is a scam" . and people (a pastor,bishop or any clegyman) will just tell laugh at him or tell him to come for bible studies for prayers and dilverance. or must cases ignore him. and the matter will just end there. But if same thing happens in any muslim community, all hell would be let lose in the whole of middle east and northern africa! imams will set a bounty on the head of the atheist,churches would be burned, christians would lose their lives even though it was an atheist and not a christian that made mockery of their prophet or relgion. CAN THE OP DENY THAT? CAN ANY MUSLIM DENY THAT?

Don't blame the media when for your problems, blame yourselves! the media have been saving you people from yourselves longer than i can remember.
take a look at the lady that was almost sentenced to death just because she denouced islam, and your muslim brothers were going to kill her despite the fact that she was pregnant! How evil can a religion get?

how evil can a religion get that they openly slaughter people in plublic while quoting verses from the Quran to support their sensless evil act? and they will still post it on the internet! Imagine!

Blame your imams and conscience and inbuilt violent nature for your problems! blame yourselves. Look inwards. look at the man in the mirror
You are so on point. A few years back, at the university of ibadan a girl went to preach inside a mosque and she was beaten to a state of coma by the worshippers even the so called undergraduates. If not for the police she could have died.
I don't support her going to the mosque to preach but just to give you an idea of the kind of violence that runs in their blood.

9 Likes

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 25, 2014
Yeah yeah we get it there are Muslims all over the world doing bad stuff but the FACT remains that that is NOT what the Quran teaches nor how the Prophet (S.A.W) lived his life. EOD

So all that verse quoting you people do to attack Muslims or all that verse quoting terrorists do to justify their actions is all WRONG for various reasons , the simplest one being that they were revealed a time long ago for a certain situation.

I wont even bother to say anything anymore since I'm pretty sure this has been said like a million times but none of you or them (terrorists) will ever listen.

But i will admit that there's a large amount of ignorant Muslims in this world that harbor some disliking or hate towards other faithfuls for whatever reasons so i guess its only normal that we would get the same treatment from other ignorant people.

1 Like

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by thewarrior72: 9:22am On Jul 25, 2014
Freelancer007:

Freelancer007:

Gush...why comparing apples with mangoes? did Hitler kill Jews under religious ground/pretext?, or did bush kill the iraqis for not been Christians?

Islamic terrorists all over the world draw their inspiration from Koran & haddit, eg elqada, isis, boko haram, elshabaab etc
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Jabioro: 9:22am On Jul 25, 2014
My history Professor refused to tell me that invention started in Arab,he didn't make me know dat civilazatn commence 4rm Arab backyard,infact he forgot 2 mention the thin line of world develop wth d Arabic.,hw come most of her breeds become terror 2 d world at large? Tell her and d cohorts,d believer 2 make Quaran adjustmt,especially hw 2 gv a peaceful preaching wtout violent,make their griviance knwn through dialogue...u r welcum..nt bombing,shoting,hijacking kidnapping,all sorts dematn on human being in d name of Allah.l loue u pple bt my fear is d proness....to trouble..
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by MrT2011(m): 9:23am On Jul 25, 2014
kentozybee: haba e neva reach dat stage nw, I am not defensive ,besides I am a xtian, just telling u to watch ur utterances by judging so as not to sin against d Almighty God

That I should watch my utterances!

I decree unto You:- You will experience beheading by the Jihads- There in Hell you can come back and quote me. embarassed

Fool! embarassed
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 25, 2014
drfk001:
I do really think you are myopic and believe alot in "we versus them" mentality which is the real cause of islamic extremism. Hitler who you mentioned started the WW2 on the backbone of Nazism and German superiority not religion. Bush was never blamed for using religion as a pretext for the Iraqi war

Don't say We versus Them. Look around u, all the so called fighting was it really an Islamic fight or politically motivated. The present one Gaza vs Israel isn't it a fight for land?

Boko haram aren't they asking for an Islamic country of their own? We all know their claim of western education is a sin is faux, otherwise y r they using western product to fight. Why do they kill muslims that preach against them if they r really fighting for islam. Pls Don't use their action to judge the entire Muslims.

In regards to what u mentioned about Hitler and Bush. whether it was religious or not they killed innocent people.

2 Likes

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by olumuyiolaoluwa: 9:30am On Jul 25, 2014
MMMG14: Keep deceiving urseff, ur Religion is of war,terror n crime. Imagine Iraq tellin Xtians 2 abjure dia Faith, pay tax or b killed! In wch Christian dominating country r muslims bn compelled 2 leave dia Islamic f8? Hop y'all knw d Sudanese woman who escaped bn killed 4 turning 2a christian.

Islam is rili "a religion of peace".....tsheeeew!

Thank God 4a country lik ISRAEL wch wil kill n obliterate al ye Arab muslims...! Yeye pipu!
Bro check tis out http:///ldywkz2T4U
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Abuklaw(m): 9:32am On Jul 25, 2014
kstyle2: Not all muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are muslims. Dats a fact. Proven and tested
OMG! Can't you see where he pointed out that non-muslims too perpetrate evil in CAR and other part of the world. The loses army of Uganda were nothing but pure christians who have a similar modus operandi to that of boko haram.
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by tunjilana: 9:32am On Jul 25, 2014
yousee: Muslims have a whole lot of work to do. The media, isn't helping them one bit. I was raised in northern Nigeria, I knew how peaceful and tolerant we all lived in the early 80's. Imagine a young Christian child going into a mosque to nap after playing football with his Muslim friends on Saturdays. The imam will wake me up to go home when it's time for 4pm prayers.
Sometimes, I just sit and wonder How bad things have turned. In my secondary school, I had Muslims beating me in Bible knowledge and we joked about it, even my sisters were given Muslim names by our neighbours at their birth, and my dad called their kids Christian names. Musa was Moses etc.
We did sadakha (alms giving together).

Extremism has really polluted Islam, and nobody is going to fix it for you guys. The onus rests on you squarely.

I love this so much and wish our lives can really be this simple again
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by IyfeNamikaze(m): 9:37am On Jul 25, 2014
boofydon:
You are so on point. A few years back, at the university of ibadan a girl went to preach inside a mosque and she was beaten to a state of coma by the worshippers even the so called undergraduates. If not for the police she could have died.
I don't support her going to the mosque to preach but just to give you an idea of the kind of violence that runs in their blood.

its so frightening! their intolerance level is off the charts!
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Mintayo(m): 9:37am On Jul 25, 2014
elektra: Good write-up Muhsin. This is the second one I've read on nairaland drawing attention to the discrimination of Muslims in multi cultural environments
How about your next write-up be about the discrimination and murder of non-Muslims in predominantly Muslim territory in Northern Nigeria. I am not talking about killings by Boko Haram, but killings by non-BH Muslims. I'm talking about killing of corp members and so on. Until Muslims like yourself, who are the good ones, start addressing how non-Muslims are treated by your fellow Muslims, it would be very difficult for non-Muslims to be sympathetic to your plight.
just once, just once, I would like to see a Muslim addressing the plight of non-Muslims in the North. Just once.
Seriously,i am interested in that write-up to,because i ave not seen one before!
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Rooneyboy(m): 9:42am On Jul 25, 2014
muhsin: Don’t infringe my individual rights. I will not do yours, either.
[b]who infringes on people's rights Christians or muslims

Stop being silly my friend, acting to be ignorant in all the atrocities and brutality muslims world wide is really irritating.
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by mannirmusa: 9:42am On Jul 25, 2014
Good one!
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by oieda: 9:49am On Jul 25, 2014
I don't know much of the Quran but the follow are my views...

1. Almost all terrorist groups have an Islamic origin. From a predominantly Islamic country or having much of their belief having Islamic roots. I don't care if they are bad Muslims. I am yet to see a bad Hindu person be a suicide bomber. Or a bad atheist be one.

2. The Quran clearly says a Muslim must partake in Jihad once in his lifetime. Jihad, that is holy war. Why should a religion advice it's followers thus. As pa no matter what whether there is no need for such, say there is peace through someone's lifetime he must still find a way for holy war.

3. There is usually a drive, a spirit and unseen force that drives each and every religious practice. And that is why certain religions are known by certain traits. Correct me if I am wrong but Islam ranks number 1 in terms of violence. See Libya, Egypt, Syria and Iran.

And if non-Muslims are practicing a wrong/false religion won't it be further wickedness to kill them so they go to 'hell'?

And lastly, what do women get in paradise?

please do not insult, just correct where I am wrong. Insulting further buttresses the already stated assumption that you are violent.

3 Likes

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 25, 2014
tamertery: 4 me its a big waste of time trying to convince dem anti-islamic folks about islam, cause even tho their was nfn like BH, nd other terrorist organisations claiming to b muslims nd painting islam in black, Allah alredy said it in d QUR'AN (vey will never ever be satisfied with you till you join their religion) hell is hotter mehn I think I can withstand the heat and discrimination from the non-muslim folks but not that of my lord, my creator, my God, ALLAH, the lord of abraham, isaac, joseph, david, solomon, ezra, elijah, moses, jesus and muhammad(may the peace nd blessings of GOD be upon dem all) ameen, guys its jus a temporary life, rather than waste ur tym hating, go on and look for salvation, seek knowledge on how to look 4 salvation, nd worry about life aftr ds temporary world, May God protect us and grant us a good ending in the hereaftr, cause their comes a day my brothers nd sisters when there will b no hiding place, no lawyer to defend u, no amnt of wealth to safe u, twil b jus u nd ur deeds... May GOD save us, ameen

Peace

I'm out....
you have not addressed the matter.... Besides "Allah" is the lord of Muhammad alone. The others u mentioned? Jehovah Elohim is their Lord. And besides also, the bible says that Ishmael (and his descendants) shall be against everyone, and everyone shall be against him (Gen 16:9-12). So I'm not the least surprised at all this happening.

3 Likes

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Ohibenemma(m): 9:52am On Jul 25, 2014
We can't continue this self-deceit, we just can't! The stereotypical perspective with which others view Muslims is daily justified by their activities worldwide. Recent case in Sudan readily springs to mind, the age long state animousity towards those of other religious leanings in Saudi Arabia, Iran and many other Middle East countries is well known and documented; this stance is re echoed in virtually all predominantly Muslim nations and even communities worldwide. Christians, who have had to school in Universities sited in Muslim communities in Nigeria can give you their gory tales, tales of RELIGIOUSLY sponsored aggression against non-muslim practitioners. We can't continue to deceive ourselves, we just can't.
SOME christians may have been guilty of terror acts, but such have never been religiously justified. Like someone asked earlier, what will be the OP's reaction should someone insult Muhammad in his presence, especially where he is sure those of his religion are in the majority? The answer is clear...VIOLENCE!
It takes more than a few articles to change people's perspectives about Islam, it takes action - complete action! Total action!

4 Likes

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by SangoCrusader: 9:55am On Jul 25, 2014
dragan: Yeah yeah we get it there are Muslims all over the world doing bad stuff but the FACT remains that that is NOT what the Quran teaches nor how the Prophet (S.A.W) lived his life. EOD

So all that verse quoting you people do to attack Muslims or all that verse quoting terrorists do to justify their actions is all WRONG for various reasons , the simplest one being that they were revealed a time long ago for a certain situation.

I wont even bother to say anything anymore since I'm pretty sure this has been said like a million times but none of you or them (terrorists) will ever listen.

But i will admit that there's a large amount of ignorant Muslims in this world that harbor some disliking or hate towards other faithfuls for whatever reasons so i guess its only normal that we would get the same treatment from other ignorant people.

As you have called some muslims ignorant, some muslims are also calling you ignorant. Boko Haram in Sambisa Forest will call you ignorant too. Can you admit that subjectivity makes it impossible to interpret the Quran in one true way?!

1 Like

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by atrix4g(m): 9:55am On Jul 25, 2014
listica: you have said it all,nonses blood suckaz
u know this is what is causing d problem. It shows u hav little or probably noting upstairs. Type terrorist groups in Google nd acquire a little
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by AlPicapcI(m): 9:55am On Jul 25, 2014
hazyfm:

[size=16pt]ARE U AWARE SHEKAU USES A SAMSUNG GALAXY?[/size]

WESTERN EDUCATION IS BAD INDEED, BUT THE PRODUCTS OF THIS SAME WESTERN EDUCATION IS AWESOME!!!!
Lets stop fooling ourselves here

even the bombs and the guns perhaps the video coverage, am sory to say this, any graduate that still remains muslim is an uneducated graduate to me...personal opinion....

2 Likes

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by atrix4g(m): 9:58am On Jul 25, 2014
SangoCrusader:

As you have called some muslims ignorant, some muslims are also calling you ignorant. Boko Haram in Sambisa Forest will call you ignorant too. Can you admit that subjectivity makes it impossible to interpret the Quran in one true way?!
this is wrong frend Muslims re expected to interprete the quran the way the person that it was revealed to and pple that we dere with him interpreted it. Cause if we want to interprete it in our way den we will Def go astray from it
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 25, 2014
san316: It happens everyday. I was in a bus in jos and a call came in. I picked and said ''assalam alaikum'' and all eyes turn on me and i was like ''kilo de''. May God nt make their actions discourage us from being who we are.
ameen
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Nobody: 10:00am On Jul 25, 2014
IyfeNamikaze: I understand what the Op is trying to tell us, but all that you say about islam is only how you wish things were, not how it really is.

mtsw
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by atrix4g(m): 10:01am On Jul 25, 2014
AlPicapcI:

even the bombs and the guns perhaps the video coverage, am sory to say this, any graduate that still remains muslim is an uneducated graduate to me...personal opinion....
look at u, probably u define wat u use in choosing ur religion cos if urs is wit wat happens nd wat pple say I guess being a Xtian(Pope's nd naija pastors) nd even a jew is deadlier

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Marriage To Conjoined Twins From The Shari'ah Perspective / Islamic Rulings On Genotype In Marriage / Do Muslims See Visions And Fall In Trance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.