Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story - Islam for Muslims (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story (23375 Views)

The Difference Between A Muslim And A Mu'min (believer) / Joining The Bandwagon; Embracing The Single Story / Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by delishpot: 9:27pm On Jul 25, 2014
yousee: Muslims have a whole lot of work to do. The media, isn't helping them one bit. I was raised in northern Nigeria, I knew how peaceful and tolerant we all lived in the early 80's. Imagine a young Christian child going into a mosque to nap after playing football with his Muslim friends on Saturdays. The imam will wake me up to go home when it's time for 4pm prayers.
Sometimes, I just sit and wonder How bad things have turned. In my secondary school, I had Muslims beating me in Bible knowledge and we joked about it, even my sisters were given Muslim names by our neighbours at their birth, and my dad called their kids Christian names. Musa was Moses etc.
We did sadakha (alms giving together).

Extremism has really polluted Islam, and nobody is going to fix it for you guys. The onus rests on you squarely.

God bless you. Then my obly dream was to become a moslem when I grow up. My sis even had a hijab, he couldnt wait to get older, convert and starz wearing her hijab. But now she still covers her hair and dress modestly. Our moslem friends inspired us. Large familues came together during feasts, friendl and happy chei gone are the days. When moslems and christians exchanged food during celebrations.
Miss the good old peaceful days.
Well, a brother here adviced me that evil moslems are just spoiling the religion which I have come to believe. Evil minds have polluted the minds of many of Gods followers.

1 Like

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by siino(m): 9:54pm On Jul 25, 2014
kstyle2: Not all muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are muslims. Dats a fact. Proven and tested
by u saying dis, wat say u bout d militias in CAR killing d muslims or d isrealite killing d palestine wat are they if not terrorist?

3 Likes

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by yousee(m): 10:07pm On Jul 25, 2014
delishpot:

God bless you. Then my obly dream was to become a moslem when I grow up. My sis even had a hijab, he couldnt wait to get older, convert and starz wearing her hijab. But now she still covers her hair and dress modestly. Our moslem friends inspired us. Large familues came together during feasts, friendl and happy chei gone are the days. When moslems and christians exchanged food during celebrations.
Miss the good old peaceful days.
Well, a brother here adviced me that evil moslems are just spoiling the religion which I have come to believe. Evil minds have polluted the minds of many of Gods followers.

Thank God you understand. Those festive periods were the bomb. There was no eid maloud (baban sallah) that we didn't have at least 4 rams in my backyard. When dad complained that He prefered he-goats, these Muslim men changed the rams to goats. Mum wooed them with isi - ewu.
I even got kaftans free.

Bro, them days are over!

1 Like

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by 1Book(m): 10:09pm On Jul 25, 2014
wordsbase:
For your information, nobody is talking about what the media tells anybody. We all have one way or the other, personally or through someone close to us, experienced the havoc caused through islam. So don't sit her and make comments as if we are in a land far away from all these happenings.

Besides, I studied Islamic Law in the University as an elective. I should be certain of what I say, shouldn't I?

And i'm surprised that you don't think that the perception people have about islam caused by your muslim brothers is a matter to address. You are part of the problem.
Lolz......A pastor who onced studied theology in United Kingdom....aslo took some Islamic studies/courses in Unilag....He confirmed that, only if what he has learnt is being practiced by all muslim...Then the world(people world wide) who have converted voluntarily to Islam...As am talking to You now!...that pastor also confirmed that christainty is a sham, dubious, full of conspiracies, deceit, incoherent and holds absolutely nothing for the practitioners in the Hereafter....Although he's Now trying to be a muslim but he still runs his church so as to keep making ends means... saying the church business is the only thing tying him down....This is for real bro!
#Let the Anti/non-muslims keep their perceptions to themselves while i talk and work the reality.
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by tintingz(m): 10:11pm On Jul 25, 2014
SporaD8: Mind you, Hitler was subdue by allied forces-Britain and America(your typical christian Nation). Besides Hitler is no longer a threat to world peace, Islamic fanaticism is!
If America were to declare war on any mid-eastern terrorist group Muslim worldwide will tag it Muslim against Christian; Federal Government declared total war against Bokoharam, Sultan and Northern Governors will tag it declaration of war against Muslims.
See now that no one called the terrorist Muslim, Its your fellow Muslim brothers that called them Muslims!
In conclusion, You are actually saying,"Islamic terrorism is not a problem after all Hitler(a supposed Christian) is also a culprit!"

Hello mister, do you reason at all?

where did sultan sided terrorist? can you state where Muslims are supporting terrorist?

we have heard Muslims clerics speaking against boko haram and they were being attacked including the sultan, a Muslim cleric was attacked recently.

This thread was created by a Muslim talking about how terrorism really affect good Muslims relating with non-Muslim.

The civilian JTF in the north are Muslims are they supporting terrorists?

There are terrorists claiming Muslims and there are terrorists claiming Christians like the hutaree, army of God, anti-balaka, KKK and so on.

Muslims are not supporting terrorists/terrorism the same way you will say Christians are not supporting terrorism, this people are just bad eggs.
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by delishpot: 10:19pm On Jul 25, 2014
yousee:

Thank God you understand. Those festive periods were the bomb. There was no eid maloud (baban sallah) that we didn't have at least 4 rams in my backyard. When dad complained that He prefered he-goats, these Muslim men changed the rams to goats. Mum wooed them with isi - ewu.
I even got kaftans free.

Bro, them days are over!

Sad indeed. But the way this world is moving, we may never get such days ever again until the days after the world ends.
May God himself favour, protect and guide us.
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by pickabeau1: 10:21pm On Jul 25, 2014
I think the moderates are scared of the extremists wuthin the fold
spot on...

ooseven: It's never your fault, it's never your fault...always the victim it's never your fault

Boko Haram ravages northern Nigeria - moderate Muslims lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Syrian regime destroys its own Muslim population- moderate Muslims lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

ISIS Destroys ancient Islamic edifices and attacks Iraqi Shias- moderate Muslims lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

ISIS sacks Mosul of Christians - moderate Muslims lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Israel defends itself against Hamas rocket fire and underground tunnels- moderate Muslims angry angry Death to Jews...twitter campaign, Facebook campaign, street protest, Arab league meetings, UNHCR resolutions, intrnational Islamic outrage. Na this hypocrisy dey vex people.

The very problem is the first pillar " there is no other God except Allah....." If you keep that in your bed room no problem, if you keep it in Saudi Arabia, no problem. If you keep it in all the conquered lands of the Middle East and north africa no wahalla....but why force people in France, UK, Germany, Sweden, Denmark to wake up at 5 am with your loudspeakers shouting at them that they their own Gods are false, yet if anyone goes against the Koran or even draws an innocent picture of your prophet he is a dead Man walking.

No other religion seeks world domination like Islam. People have now woken up to the covert threat on their cultures and beliefs and are now reacting.

E.g Burkah has been banned in France and other countries are debating it.

Countries are beginning to kick against being covert selling of so called halal meat.

China and Russia clamping down on its Islamic extremists.

So if you moderate Muslims don't speak up when you need to, you will always be represented by the hate preaching, xenophobic, extremist preachers and terrorists.
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Kessleek(m): 11:11pm On Jul 25, 2014
kstyle2: Not all muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are muslims. Dats a fact. Proven and tested
Dummy, are you the one that proved and tested such fallacy
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 25, 2014
atrix4g: MANY nd to start with the one u dont want to hear, fight to defend Allahs religion, stive to b the best in Anyting u do, strive to be close to God by going away from what he tells us to go away from like fornication, bribery which the prophet said is the best . nd obviously is the best, fight to defend ones self from oppressors, strive to educate urself both in circular books nd religious books which i believe is causing the problem in our society cos WE re all ignoramus. nd many more. And u know what Allah says in the quran ? which translates. ' whoever strives only strives for his own soul, God is not in need of any wealth or good from all of the Alamin(mankind, jinns, mention it'. so ....
How can a baby fight for his mother?
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Hardetayour: 11:21pm On Jul 25, 2014
geborenzie: i get your write up in encouraging muslims but muslims are very volatile take a look at boston bombing it was done by Muslims where millions of pple died also take a look at the n klling of two britain officers by two nigerian guys
mariam in sudan that was supposed to be killed because she became a christian if not for international outcry also the ISIS who want to circumcise 4 million children and women in the name of religion and the story of a muslim man in america i dont which part he killed a pregnant woman because he thought she was a prostitute, sure there are nice muslims but the crazy ones have overshadowed the nice and the media might be lieing but the media cannot be lieing all the time so wtf i have right right to look at you once,twice,thrice in case you want to harm may be you should try preaching to your muslims brothers about all these things than preaching to us and also tell them to stop practising honor killing a situation where the victim of rape is being killed thanks
Wow. Boston bombing was done by Muslims? Brother, u need to read more and stop eating shit CNN feeds you. Do u know what apostacy is? Read ur bible and find out the action to be meted out to someone who converts to another religion. U're the type that reads ony CNN and BBC all day and think u know it all. Pls read more on this things u think u know. May ALLAH guide you
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by MMMG14: 11:43pm On Jul 25, 2014
Dhulqarnain:
Av u heard abt a country called C.A.R?
And Israel will only obliterate d Arab Muslims in ur dreams...

If uu r very vast n updated.....uu shud know much well about d 1967 war btwn Israel n al Arab league of nations...hahahahahaha!

If uu don't, ask ur Papa. If he doesn't, ask him Papa-papa! Lol
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by MMMG14: 11:49pm On Jul 25, 2014
Isiterere:
sorry for been brain washed by the western media ...
Christian revolt in C.A.R are called freedom fighters/ rebel , same in Niger Delta (militant ), India, and Sri Lanka but is another name when it comes to Muslim world . Blame the individual involved and not their religion. I am a proud and peace loving Muslim .
Belated ramadan kareem to all Muslim world wide ..

ALL izZ WELL

Mr.Retard, read n b well equipped b4 uu typ! In CAR, its a war d islamic bigots brot 2d xtain rebels! So uu xpct dem not 2 defend demselves bah? Tshhheeeeew!

And point of korrection, militants did not in anyway fyt on bhalf of Religion unlik ur Hamas,Hezbollah,Boko haram,etc who all "barrack" Allah-Akbar afta maiming,killing or remuvin som1s head.

God hlp uu all......
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by MMMG14: 11:52pm On Jul 25, 2014
Dhulqarnain: I am proud to be a Muslim!!!

Of kos uu r proud 2b a Terrorist 4rm d root of Ishmael! Keep it up broo!
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by elfico(m): 11:54pm On Jul 25, 2014
And what about the IRA (Irish Republican Army)? I guess they were muslims too right? Try to think before you talk and not the other way round.
Like someone said "You swallow propaganda like birth control pills, selling your soul to the eye on the back of the dollar bill".
No insult intended
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by MMMG14: 11:56pm On Jul 25, 2014
atrix4g: sure u know that the BH guys kills more Muslims Dan all oda religion 5x. Cos u know dat wen u blast anytin in d north 90% of casualties re Muslims. A simple text from the quran. "Anyone who kills a soul is assumed to hav killed the whole of mankind" nd ofcourse the life of a muslim is neva nd should neva b taken by anoda xcept in some cases.

Guy shutUp n karry ur mouth go bush! Al d churches dey detonate bombs, r visited by muslims bah? I no blame unaa, na wetin una alfa tel una, una de blv!

Y didn't dey kidnap students 4rm an islamic skoool? Or d boiz hostel dat de raided 3-4mnths back, was it muslim oriented?
Bro gt ur facts b4 uu talk jawee!
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Isiterere(m): 11:59pm On Jul 25, 2014
MMMG14:

Mr.Retard, read n b well equipped b4 uu typ! In CAR, its a war d islamic bigots brot 2d xtain rebels! So uu xpct dem not 2 defend demselves bah? Tshhheeeeew!

And point of korrection, militants did not in anyway fyt on bhalf of Religion unlik ur Hamas,Hezbollah,Boko haram,etc who all "barrack" Allah-Akbar afta maiming,killing or remuvin som1s head.

God hlp uu all......
grow up dude . Learn how to argue without insult next time maybe I will have your time . Have a sweetdream .
ALL IZZ WELL
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by MMMG14: 12:12am On Jul 26, 2014
Isiterere:
grow up dude . Learn how to argue without insult next time maybe I will have your time . Have a sweetdream .
ALL IZZ WELL

Hahahahahahaahah! Sowie 4my insults n ranting jawee, but uu shud knw I mean no harm. Notin do uu, wen uu ready, I am as well ready.

Swtdrms

1 Like

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by tola9ja: 1:19am On Jul 26, 2014
Masha Allah
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by atrix4g(m): 4:23am On Jul 26, 2014
MMMG14:

Guy shutUp n karry ur mouth go bush! Al d churches dey detonate bombs, r visited by muslims bah? I no blame unaa, na wetin una alfa tel una, una de blv!

Y didn't dey kidnap students 4rm an islamic skoool? Or d boiz hostel dat de raided 3-4mnths back, was it muslim oriented?
Bro gt ur facts b4 uu talk jawee!
I'm sorry if I vexed u. U go nd get ur facts. Facts not naira land stories or what do media says.
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by atrix4g(m): 4:26am On Jul 26, 2014
TheIROKO: How can a baby fight for his mother?
i guess u know God will not come down and defend his religion, he sends his pple. So stop being pastorbrainwashed
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Dhulqarnain(m): 5:30am On Jul 26, 2014
MMMG14:

If uu r very vast n updated.....uu shud know much well about d 1967 war btwn Israel n al Arab league of nations...hahahahahaha!

If uu don't, ask ur Papa. If he doesn't, ask him Papa-papa! Lol
??
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Dhulqarnain(m): 5:31am On Jul 26, 2014
MMMG14:

Of kos uu r proud 2b a Terrorist 4rm d root of Ishmael! Keep it up broo!
U r still not making sense
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Nobody: 8:55am On Jul 26, 2014
atrix4g: i guess u know God will not come down and defend his religion, he sends his pple. So stop being pastorbrainwashed
you just said God which means a superior being that has boundless powers. he doesn't to fight but to just take away if he pleases. Unless of course you want to please your God by killing other people but how reasonable is that.
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Nobody: 8:56am On Jul 26, 2014
atrix4g: i guess u know God will not come down and defend his religion, he sends his pple. So stop being pastorbrainwashed
you just said God which means a superior being that has boundless powers. he doesn't to fight but to just take away if he pleases. Unless of course you want to please your God by killing other people but how reasonable is that. imagine everybody doing that and what the world will look like
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by ssultana(f): 11:21am On Jul 26, 2014
Arcsniper: Oh, am happy its not easy for ppl like u to live in non-muslims Areas.
As if its easy for a non-muslim to live in a Muslim community.

Remind me what an eye for an eye does again....
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 26, 2014
wow what a nice statement to make just for the world to recognize ur presence and we have done so. But lemme ask u some questions(1) what religion did Hitler practised before z demise (2)Mao Zedong, who starved over millions to death within four year (3) Henry
Okah bombed Nigeria 50th year independence is a muslim abi? Answer those and hence think out of ur coconut head before any utterance from dat ur waste bin called mouth.
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 26, 2014
Arcsniper: Oh, am happy its not easy for ppl like u to live in non-muslims Areas.
As if its easy for a non-muslim to live in a Muslim community.
. During the era of muhammad (saw) there were millions of pagan when he returned back to Makkah and when spain was under ISLAMIC governance, and also india was governed by MUSLIM for several centuries and there were non-muslims around den as there z no compulsion to any religion what so ever. So bro ur post ain't true.
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 26, 2014
drfk001: Nice article @op but you can't deny the fact that those miscreants wether BH or ISIS or another group are mus.lims added with the fact that wherever there is a religious crises whether Christians, jews or Hindus there is always a muslim story attached to it. I would say that these inter-religious crises is usually due to actual or potential aggression of Muslims against these other religions.
no reply
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 26, 2014
Boland: My only quetion is this:
Is Jihad compulsory in Islam or not?
Well dat depends on ur definition of Jihad. As jihad is striving and calling to the right way, to d religion of peace and mercy. I belief it is necessary but not compulsory
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by muhsin(m): 1:46pm On Jul 26, 2014
drfk001: Nice article @op but you can't deny the fact that those miscreants wether BH or ISIS or another group are mus.lims added with the fact that wherever there is a religious crises whether Christians, jews or Hindus there is always a muslim story attached to it. I would say that these inter-religious crises is usually due to actual or potential aggression of Muslims against these other religions.

Yes, I believe they are Muslims, at least some of them are. But get this straight, many have faulted to the extent that their religiosity is just nominal. I hope you understand.

Well, maybe the stories attached to Islam but in what ways? That the Muslims are the oppressors or the oppressed? I think you need to understand this also. Do you know about the Bosnian genocide that occurred between 1991-1995? Please tell me more about this. But let me give you a tip: more than 10,000 Muslims were slaughtered for their faith. Where did that ever happen in this contemporary world against any faithful but Muslims? Ask yourself, why?

Again, go find out what's happening in Sri Lanka and Myanmar. Muslims are the little minority there. So, rationally speaking they are not, as they cannot be, the agitators. But yet they are being systematically killed by Buddhists, denied identity and every rights by the government, especially in the latter (Myanmar). Why? Give me any Muslim country where a similar thing happen. Take Iraq out of this, for those (ISIS) are just terrorist that fight even the government.

Waiting for your response. Thanks.
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by drfk001(m): 3:07pm On Jul 26, 2014
muhsin:

Yes, I believe they are Muslims, at least some of them are. But get this straight, many have faulted to the extent that their religiosity is just nominal. I hope you understand.

Well, maybe the stories attached to Islam but in what ways? That the Muslims are the oppressors or the oppressed? I think you need to understand this also. Do you know about the Bosnian genocide that occurred between 1991-1995? Please tell me more about this. But let me give you a tip: more than 10,000 Muslims were slaughtered for their faith. Where did that ever happen in this contemporary world against any faithful but Muslims? Ask yourself, why?

Again, go find out what's happening in Sri Lanka and Myanmar. Muslims are the little minority there. So, rationally speaking they are not, as they cannot be, the agitators. But yet they are being systematically killed by Buddhists, denied identity and every rights by the government, especially in the latter (Myanmar). Why? Give me any Muslim country where a similar thing happen. Take Iraq out of this, for those (ISIS) are just terrorist that fight even the government.

Waiting for your response. Thanks.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnian_Genocide
The Bosnian genocide was a huge crime against humanity no doubt. But lemme point out some facts total number of those killed was around 9000 not more than 10000 like you quoted. Also although muslims make up a large percentage, Bosnian croats were also targeted. Some things to point out is this. The western world or you may call it the "Christian" world recognized it was a huge mistake and crime and as such have set up court systems to find and punish those involved. This is a huge difference to Muslim societies who brand those that kill those not belonging to their faith as holy fighters or martyrs if they blow up themselves OR "moderate Muslims" like you who live in delusion and is quick to deny them as not being Muslims just like you did with the ISIS forgetting that these muslim groups use the quran as a motivation for carrying out their evil acts
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by atrix4g(m): 6:35pm On Jul 26, 2014
TheIROKO: you just said God which means a superior being that has boundless powers. he doesn't to fight but to just take away if he pleases. Unless of course you want to please your God by killing other people but how reasonable is imagine everybody doing that and what the world will look like
i didn't say God cannot do anything oo he can but just won't do somethings due to his majesty

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Marriage To Conjoined Twins From The Shari'ah Perspective / An Open Letter To All Muslims / Do Muslims See Visions And Fall In Trance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.