Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,302 members, 7,780,707 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:08 PM

Crisis In UNN Between Post Graduate And Under Graduate Students Today(photos) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Crisis In UNN Between Post Graduate And Under Graduate Students Today(photos) (41646 Views)

Photo Of Overcrowded Lecture Hall In UNN / Laptop Fee In UNN Causes Hardship Among Students (photos) / Unilorin Convocating 6851 Students Today And Tomorrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crisis In UNN Between Post Graduate And Under Graduate Students Today(photos) by Ranchhoddas: 7:45pm On Jul 20, 2014
500GP:

WHY WILL I OPT IN FOR SUBSTANDARD UNIVERSITY LIKE UNN? WHEN THERE'RE BETTER (BEST ) UNIVERSITIES IN OTHER REGIONS
whatever helps you sleep at night

1 Like

Re: Crisis In UNN Between Post Graduate And Under Graduate Students Today(photos) by defendedvictim(m): 7:49pm On Jul 20, 2014
Vig86:
You must be a Borno guy. Don't blame u anyway. Those areas captured are far from the school though within the school environment, very close to the former second gate exit.
its actually dirty..it wudnt b a crime if everywhere in d campus was clean.
@topic..resorting to violence ain't jst it @all. dey myt v to pay, sooner or later
Re: Crisis In UNN Between Post Graduate And Under Graduate Students Today(photos) by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 20, 2014
SamIkenna: My goodness! I can't believe our govt lets the youths study in such environment. It breaks my heart. What is Chime doing? Why did he let a good university rot like that? And is this how other universities in Nigeria look? If the school and govt can't even provide funds for facility upkeep how can they fund and sustain academic research? This is wrong. Students deserve better. The facility looks worse than a mad-house.
mr. Unn is a federal uni and gov. Chime isn't responsible for the school! ESUT is the responsibility of the enugu state govt. Got it?
Re: Crisis In UNN Between Post Graduate And Under Graduate Students Today(photos) by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 20, 2014
DIVINE78:
What a tribe.
oh no, conehead! Don't you realise that the Yorubas,hausas,fulanis,ibibios even students from around the continent and outside the continent study in the university of nigeria? This is not the university of ibadan or oau or other shit in the south west, its the only university of nigeria and its located in igboland, in my state!!! Long live enugu state, long live igboland, long live nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Crisis In UNN Between Post Graduate And Under Graduate Students Today(photos) by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 8:58pm On Jul 20, 2014
Shinelle: And you think quoting me unnecessarily will make u get noticed right?.... alright, You're duly sighted...
btw I weep for your future!
*starts slow clap*
that was a moving speech. Thanks
Re: Crisis In UNN Between Post Graduate And Under Graduate Students Today(photos) by delors(m): 9:10pm On Jul 20, 2014
ademega: This ur post got me cracking ....... I understand ur point . A time will come u will be in our shoes . We pay due to watch ball and sit at the common room. Not that they will ask u not to watch anything but we make sure no pg student stand while an undergrad sit .
Nah...I was in your shoes before but it is nolonger my size. I am beyond that now (thank God o). The only times I entered that common room was once for a fellowship where Prof Bamitale Omole (now OAU VC) was the preacher and on some other occasions I went to buy cold drinks there...I respect myself jeje, I no want make those old bros come dey waylay me with slaps up and down.
Re: Crisis In UNN Between Post Graduate And Under Graduate Students Today(photos) by BankuTilapia2: 9:12pm On Jul 20, 2014
Manchidede: University of Nigeria, Nsukka is esperiencing some crisis which is about to escalate to a major destruction.
Since the inauguration of the new Vice Chancellor early last month, the school has not been conducive for the students. This has affected the boys hostels in particular.
Consequently, Power supply and water are the major issues on ground. For one week now, the school have experienced blackout(though generators work sometimes in the night). Water supply has been fluctuating for a while now.
That notwithstanding, amongst the three boys hostels(alvan, eni-njoku, and mbanefo hall), the school authorities have asked the occupants of mbanefo hall to vacate the hall with immediate effect.
However, the crisis initiated saturday night(19th) when post graduate students beat an undergraduate student who has said to have fetched water from their tap mercilessly. According to what blog gathered, that is not the first time such thing has happened. During the world cup finals, it was reported that the said post graduate students beat another undergraduate student for watching the match with them.
All these accumulated grievances have surfaced yesterday night when the undergraduate students started their revolution. Some of the students entered inside the school for protest while the rest stayed back to fight the post graduate students. They broke their cars, hostel glasses, hostel gate amongst others, while the students that went inside the school ended up in shutting down all the power generators in school.

The school security tried to intervene, but the student's forces outwitted theirs.
This crisis is still ongoing this morning as the undergraduate students are still agitating to do more.
Currently the army from Nsukka barracks have arrived school to calm the situation.
Stay tuned
SOURCE: ,.COM
See more photos below....
[img]http://3.bp..com/-oiO9qFWTJBE/U8uopsWYMDI/AAAAAAAAEhE/tTT75InzpnU/s1600/8.jpg[/img]
[img]http://3.bp..com/-b-JqzJwBoMg/U8uoXEQ24cI/AAAAAAAAEgc/pa5c8J9jCtI/s1600/3.jpg[/img]
[img]http://1.bp..com/-HeEvFDycFZU/U8uovXJIU4I/AAAAAAAAEhM/kMEO015oQAc/s1600/9.jpg[/img]
[img]http://1.bp..com/-yNdJiCBxmPc/U8upAWsO8pI/AAAAAAAAEhs/23AYX-x1umI/s1600/13.jpg[/img]
[img]http://1.bp..com/-epXWFe--2VA/U8upBxaGkJI/AAAAAAAAEh0/IaB_GEE_DQ0/s1600/14.jpg[/img]
[img]http://1.bp..com/-Iu0NhQP_OGA/U8uppGSUFeI/AAAAAAAAEiU/gopDWc_GfB8/s1600/2.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp..com/-ZpTz_4e0cF8/U8upEWJSg4I/AAAAAAAAEh8/G_KtAzZHHms/s1600/15.jpg[/img]
SOURCE: www.,.com
SEE LATEST UPDATES HERE

Is that a university or a market square. Hahaaaaa
Re: Crisis In UNN Between Post Graduate And Under Graduate Students Today(photos) by revelationuche: 9:31pm On Jul 20, 2014
Wat is the diff btw an undergraduate and postgraduate? Are they nt both students. The whole of the undrgraduate of UNN are fools,if they cant fish the perpetrator of such act out and deal wiv him mercilessily [img]http://www.hostsleek.com/clients/?aff=052[/img]
[img]http://www.?aff=580[/img]
[img]http://clients.utiware.net/?aff=595[/img]
Re: Crisis In UNN Between Post Graduate And Under Graduate Students Today(photos) by nifton(m): 10:42pm On Jul 20, 2014
Una know now reparation mode soon.
Re: Crisis In UNN Between Post Graduate And Under Graduate Students Today(photos) by HARDUBUY(m): 11:40pm On Jul 20, 2014
Controversy:
BREAKING NEWS: Liverpool and Dortmund have reached an agreement over the transfer of Reus.

They've agreed it's never going to happen.
if i catch u for whining me!!...mehn, i was about jubillating, b4 i realized that the news was synonymous wit ur moniker....anyway, Remy is on his way to Anfield. #YNWA.
Re: Crisis In UNN Between Post Graduate And Under Graduate Students Today(photos) by homeboy232(m): 2:07am On Jul 21, 2014
Only in naija, one of the major disadvantages of studying in naija, later some people no go want accept say lack of global exposure is worst than illiterate, u can imagine a whole postgraduate students with naija foolish secondary school mentality, later dem go dey make noise say job no dey, who want employ them? I thank God for my decision to study in europe..
Re: Crisis In UNN Between Post Graduate And Under Graduate Students Today(photos) by EreluY(f): 3:51am On Jul 21, 2014
Grammatically flawed and woeful reporting. By the way, are these UNN undergrads and postgrads? Besides, the picture showing students and armed personnel bears the resemblance of US prisons. Is that what they call students' hall of residence? lol.
Re: Crisis In UNN Between Post Graduate And Under Graduate Students Today(photos) by Nobody: 8:16am On Jul 21, 2014
Another reparation dues of 8000
Re: Crisis In UNN Between Post Graduate And Under Graduate Students Today(photos) by Somydida: 8:23am On Jul 21, 2014
No. One, there was no crises in UNN since the new VC came, school has been so calm and conducive, we do not have any water challenge, we do have adequate water supply 24/7, even in d night tap do rush in every hostel. This particular problem was because of light issue, we ve not had light for past one week but the school do put on generator in the night for us. It escalated on saturday night because school disconnected Mbanefo occupants from having light because they were asked 2 vacate that hostel cos they are illegal occupants ''pls tell me how will those boys occupy a hostel they didn't pay for, if they build a house, will they allow people to occupy it free?'' That was exactly their case. In a bid to make life uncomfortable for them, the school had to disconnect them and so they started demonstrating. @1st they started by offing the school gen that night and threaten the staff in charge of the gen not to put it on except they will be connected, this was done for them just to stay calm, so they now took the advantage of that and started misbehaving, next tin they went to pg hostel together with other boys in the other two boys hostel telling the pg students that even duo they use thesame gen wt them, but they don't like protesting with them wen ever there is light issue, that the pg students enjoys the school while they do not, and that was how everytin started. They were saying things like '' NO MORE PG, OFF THE LIGHT, BRING BACK OUR GIRLS!!!" They said pg guys shld stop dating their undergraduate girls etc, they were throwing stones in the pg hostel from the outside, while the pg students kept quit and didn't retaliate, they damaged so many tins in that hostel including the pg student cars. it was when they wanted to enter the hostel by force that the pg students were dragging the gate with them, in self defense, they dragged their leader in and beat him mercilessly, threw him back to them, that was when they respected their selves and went outside and continued throwing stones from outside till the next day. From eye witness Nekydida, final year student, UNN.
Re: Crisis In UNN Between Post Graduate And Under Graduate Students Today(photos) by nwanioma(f): 10:52am On Jul 21, 2014
I think UNN has fallen from what ever standard it used to have, i was there some months back and the entire space just felt cramped up with buildings. ugly buildings. I wonder if the urban planning dept even has a contribution or say to this. As for the students fighting, i find it hard to comprehend why a postgrad student would beat up and undergrad, its not like secondary school or something.. Anyway am glad am out. n i never want to go back there.
Re: Crisis In UNN Between Post Graduate And Under Graduate Students Today(photos) by Betterlife4u: 2:31pm On Jul 21, 2014
Aluta continua victoria Alasa..........

Nigeria student with their hot bloods.
Academic activities truncated.
how civilized of us, Greatest nigeria students
Re: Crisis In UNN Between Post Graduate And Under Graduate Students Today(photos) by Appswheel(m): 5:34pm On Jul 21, 2014
2014/2015 Post Utme Screening Dates And Venue For Nigeria Tertiary Institutions

SOURCE: SEE FULL INFORMATION HERE

Bells University of Technology

Compulsory Screening Exercise for all prospective candidates, including those who have not chosen the University in the UTME/Direct Entry and wish to attend Bells University of Technology, as well as candidates, who have chosen the Institution as First or Second Choice will take place as follows:

Post – UTME Screening Date and Venues.

Dates: Saturday, 19th july, 2014.
Time:10.00 a.m.
Registration Fee: N 10,000

ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (ESUT)

All candidates who chose Enugu State University of Science And Technology(ESUT) in the 2014 UTME and scored 180 and above, all those who did not choose ESUT but now wish to apply, are invited to ESUT screening exercise at the permanent campus Agbani on the days and time indicated below. Also, candidates interested in law can now apply.

Post – UTME Screening Date and Venues.

Dates: 4 – 6th Aug, 2014.
Registration Fee: N 2,000

Note:The on-line registration starts on Monday July14,2014 and ends on Wednesday 30,2014. The website closes on August 1, 2014 at midnight.

AFIT 2014 POST UME REGISTRATION

Venue: AFIT’s premises at the Nigerian Air Force Base Kaduna.
Dates: Saturday, 23rd Aug, 2014.
Time:9.00 a.m. (Please note that lateness will not be tolerated)
Registration Fee: N3,500.00

ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY
All candidates who selected Abia State University as their first choice in the 2014 Jamb Examination, and who scored 180 and above in the said examination are hereby invited to a Post -UTME screening exercise scheduled as follows

Venue: Abia State University, Uturu
Time: 9:00am
Registration Fee: N 2,750.00
Closing Date: Friday, July 25, 2014

2014/ 2015 POST UMTE -LADOKE AKINTOLA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY

Date: Wednesday July 30, 2014 – Saturday August 2, 2014.
Time:
Registration fee: N 3,000
Application Closes on: July 25,2014.
SEE FULL INFORMATION

2014 POST UTME FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF PETROLEUM RESOURCES, EFFURUN

Venue: Lectures Theatres, Federal University of Petroleum Resources Effurun. Off Ughelli-PH Rd Before Agbarho Bridge

Time: 8:00am
Date: Saturday, August 2, 2014
Registration fee: N 2,000

To apply for Post UTME, candidates are to pay a non-refundable processing fee of two thousand Naira (N2,000.00) only into any of the Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun accounts (see details below):

FEDERAL UNIVERSITY NDUFU-ALIKE, IKWO
Day One: Wednesday, 30th July, 2014
Time: 9:00am Prompt
Venue: The University Premises
Fee: N2,000
Reg Closing Date: 28th July, 2014

UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR

ELIGIBILITY

Candidates who scored 180 and above in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) are eligible to apply.

Date:Friday, July 25 – Sat 26, 2014
Time: (8am -12pm)
Exam Fee: 5500
Reg deadline: Wednesday, 23rd July, 2014

2014 POST-UTME OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERISTY

The 2014 Post-UTME Screening Exercise of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife will hold for all candidates who chose Obafemi Awolowo University and scored 200 or above in the last UTME.

Date: Saturday, 2nd August, 2014 by

Time: 11.00 am

Reg Fee: [b]N [/b]2000

SOURCE: GET FULL DETAILS
Re: Crisis In UNN Between Post Graduate And Under Graduate Students Today(photos) by Adelekedove(m): 10:29pm On Jul 21, 2014
Those postgraduate students are fond of things
like that. I remember during my service (early this year) in Nsukka when I and my colleagues went to watch champion league @ that same venue, they started shout @ us that they don't allow anyhow pple in there hostel. Imagine they even have special seat for there executives to watch match.
"Awon crazy pple"
Re: Crisis In UNN Between Post Graduate And Under Graduate Students Today(photos) by olyspacekf(m): 6:54pm On Jul 24, 2014
jihad do not mean war.... and it can never mean war pls and pls before u make and comment about is islam pls seek for deep knowledge

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' / Which Subject Do You Think Is Going On? (Hilarious Photo) / 13 Pictures You’ll Get If You’ve Ever Had A Horrible Nigerian Lecturer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.