Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,822 members, 7,802,630 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:46 PM

The Sorry State Of Umuahia-awka-ibom Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Sorry State Of Umuahia-awka-ibom Road (2222 Views)

Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt / The Sorry State Of Umuahia-Ikot Ekpene Federal Road / The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Sorry State Of Umuahia-awka-ibom Road by innocentchuks(m): 2:15pm On Jul 20, 2014
I cannot believe that in this present Nigeria there is a road as this bad,I am made to understand it is a Federal road,but Abia state Government why can't you do something as other States do?either repair it and task Federal Govt. Or call on FG for immediate action. THE question I never stop asking myself is "why is it that the worst road situation is trace down to Abia Stat?" Abia Government what is happening?

Re: The Sorry State Of Umuahia-awka-ibom Road by innocentchuks(m): 2:17pm On Jul 20, 2014
More pictures

Re: The Sorry State Of Umuahia-awka-ibom Road by innocentchuks(m): 2:18pm On Jul 20, 2014
More
Re: The Sorry State Of Umuahia-awka-ibom Road by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 20, 2014
Bro, it is mighty difficult to believe these pictures exist.
I mean, were this photos taken in 1957 or in 2014?
How can a road be this useless and witchy in 2014?
Re: The Sorry State Of Umuahia-awka-ibom Road by Osama10(m): 2:31pm On Jul 20, 2014
Nigeria is doomed.

2 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Umuahia-awka-ibom Road by collynzo2(m): 2:38pm On Jul 20, 2014
What is Jonathan doing about it? Why is T.A Orki not complaining or even lobbying for the road to be repaired?

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Umuahia-awka-ibom Road by slimfit1(m): 2:41pm On Jul 20, 2014
No how can the people from this state be this stupid to let the road look like this. Blame your selves for not taking action.
Re: The Sorry State Of Umuahia-awka-ibom Road by oduastates: 2:50pm On Jul 20, 2014
Your own dose of Fresh air till Kingdom come.
Transmorphication agenda forever.

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Umuahia-awka-ibom Road by innocentchuks(m): 2:54pm On Jul 20, 2014
I past through this road just yesterday and we spend close to three hours on the road with the help of military men ordering a truck driver to help and pull out two trucks that was sunk in the mud. What is saw kept me dumbfounded.

Re: The Sorry State Of Umuahia-awka-ibom Road by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 20, 2014
Na wa oh, this is really terrible!! Smh sad
Re: The Sorry State Of Umuahia-awka-ibom Road by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jul 20, 2014
Why are roads in Abia state in terrible condition?

This thread needs more views. So when awareness is created in the society, people will disturb and perhaps, government will intervene.
Orji is a terrible leader!
He isn't working on it, neither is he bringing the attention of the federal government to the road.
This is horrible. Mighty horrible.

Road connecting Imo state to Elele is not so different from this one even.
SMH.

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Umuahia-awka-ibom Road by Eldavido1: 7:29pm On Jul 20, 2014
This is horrible, can't believe what I'm seeing. The state govrtment can please start something.
Re: The Sorry State Of Umuahia-awka-ibom Road by Arosa(m): 7:42pm On Jul 20, 2014
It's like the Federal government has forgotten about this road. undecided

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Umuahia-awka-ibom Road by dozzzybaba: 7:43pm On Jul 20, 2014
Look at what the PDP government of T.A Orji and the FG have done to the roads in Abia yet these politically naive ibos will still vote for PDP in Abia stata again

3 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Umuahia-awka-ibom Road by lakpalakpa: 7:46pm On Jul 20, 2014
dozzzybaba: Look at what the PDP government of T.A Orji and the FG have done to the roads in Abia yet these politically naive ibos will still vote for PDP in Abia stata again

T.A.Orji is a performer..

Jona-daft's Fresh Air till suffer kill mumus!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Umuahia-awka-ibom Road by dozzzybaba: 8:02pm On Jul 20, 2014
lakpalakpa:

T.A.Orji is a performer..

Jona-daft's Fresh Air till suffer kill mumus!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
The ibos were jubilating when Governor Murtala Nyako was impeached. I am very sure if Nyako was the Governor of Abia state the condition of their roads wouldnt be as bad as this.

A friend of mine who went to Abia state recently inundated me with horrific tales of how messed up Abia state is.

However, what still baffles me is the political gullibility of the ibos. Despite how 'unfair' the PDP administartion of T.A Orji has treated them, these politically myopic ethnic group will still vote for PDP again in that state

4 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Umuahia-awka-ibom Road by kel4soft: 9:18pm On Jul 20, 2014
Where do you guys expect Orji to get money to reconstruct that road? Is a federal road, ministry of works should something about it.

If not for corruption, tell me how PH-Enugu road will cost 92billion naira when they are not constructing bridges. Bar Eleme-Oyigbo axis with poor soils, from Asa-Enugu are all good soils. The over inflated amount would have been of a help to this sorry road.
Re: The Sorry State Of Umuahia-awka-ibom Road by seanet01: 9:49pm On Jul 20, 2014
Igboland is more developed than Yorubaland. Mud houses in Oshogbo and Yorubaland. Muddy road in Abia+Umuahia, Anambra +Awka. Developed indeed. Awon aje kuta ma mu omi!

7 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Umuahia-awka-ibom Road by seanet01: 9:52pm On Jul 20, 2014
collynzo2: What is Jonathan doing about it? Why is T.A Orki not complaining or even lobbying for the road to be repaired?
Oloshi. Oponi Ayirada, Lagos issues na him you go put for head like clipper. This is your village with muddy roads. Now tell me why I would not prefer Oshogbo with red roofs and good roads to this your monkey infested region?

6 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Umuahia-awka-ibom Road by seanet01: 9:57pm On Jul 20, 2014
innocentchuks: I cannot believe that in this present Nigeria there is a road as this bad,I am made to understand it is a Federal road,but Abia state Government why can't you do something as other States do?either repair it and task Federal Govt. Or call on FG for immediate action. THE question I never stop asking myself is "why is it that the worst road situation is trace down to Abia Stat?" Abia Government what is happening?
GEJ till una come back to your sense.

2 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Umuahia-awka-ibom Road by mayorall(m): 10:24pm On Jul 20, 2014
seanet01: Oloshi. Oponi Ayirada, Lagos issues na him you go put for head like clipper. This is your village with muddy roads. Now tell me why I would not prefer Oshogbo with red roofs and good roads to this your monkey infested region?

You wan finish am? cheesy Lagos and Osun matter done cover him brain. Awon Eranko

2 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Umuahia-awka-ibom Road by WIZGUY69(m): 10:46pm On Jul 20, 2014
mehn! See development at its peak. to be sincere i feel pity for my south least brothers.
Don't worry you get there (south west) level.
imagine a federal road like this. there is no even equiment on sight.
it's obvious the most underdeveloped region in Nigeria is s/east.

grin

3 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Umuahia-awka-ibom Road by WIZGUY69(m): 10:50pm On Jul 20, 2014
No Agency in Alaibo is even functioning in the first place.
ochanja area of the "japan of africa" onitsha.

3 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Umuahia-awka-ibom Road by djfaithy: 11:27pm On Jul 20, 2014
Adjei ! See beautiful tared roads in dubai of Africa, chino is always blind when it comes to his own backward region, but if na red mud for oshogbo ,na that one dey give him orgasm pass, anyway let's keep enjoy our fresh air till eternity.............. But posterity will judge all of you, the bloods of those who might have died and may still die on that road will cry on all you supporters of bad governance in this country, imagine that road since 1999 that PDP has been in charge of that state, he no go better for all these people I swear.
Re: The Sorry State Of Umuahia-awka-ibom Road by djfaithy: 11:31pm On Jul 20, 2014
This is the type of threads they avoid like leprosy, if na tinubu,apc, yoruba or hausa dem for don full dis thread, talk of low lifers.
Re: The Sorry State Of Umuahia-awka-ibom Road by purplesummer(f): 11:39pm On Jul 20, 2014
Meehn, the road is a death trap. I've used it severally and it gets worse each time. It's just the Abia state part of the road that is this bad, from Obot Akara which is where Akwa ibom starts it's a smooth ride till uyo.

The appropriate authorities should really look into this road that has fallen into utter disrepair.

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Umuahia-awka-ibom Road by 4chi: 12:40am On Jul 21, 2014
Osama10: Nigeria is doomed.

eebo land is DOOMED! war torn Mogadishu is paradise compared to this CURSED land...

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Umuahia-awka-ibom Road by Eyop: 7:41am On Jul 21, 2014
Moderators will not put this in Front Page now embarassed
Re: The Sorry State Of Umuahia-awka-ibom Road by dozzzybaba: 11:36am On Jul 21, 2014
mayorall:

You wan finish am? cheesy Lagos and Osun matter done cover him brain. Awon Eranko
They'l blame Tinubu, Fashola, Aregbeshola etc rather than hold their own useless ibo leaders accountable.
It sucks to be ibo

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Umuahia-awka-ibom Road by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jul 21, 2014
www.channelstv.com/2014/07/18/abia-state-government-commence-orders-reconstruction-dilapidated-umuahia-ikot-ekpene-road/ Dilapidated Umuahia-Ikot Ekpene Road Gets Government’s Attention

The Government of Abia State has started work on the popular Umuahia-Ikot Ekpene road to make it motorable after months of abandonment.

Despite the fact that suitable and durable road infrastructures are part of the obligations of the Government in Nigeria to its citizenry, some roads are in such a deplorable and dilapidated condition because of contending issues arising from whether it is a federal road or a state road, a situation that has made the masses and commuters bear the brunt of having to suffer or face hardship while plying the roads.

The Umuahia-Ikot Ekpene Road is a federal road linking Abia State to its neighboring state of Akwa Ibom and Cross River. A major interstate road that has great economic importance and Nigerians ply the road for various reasons which include education and commercial activities amongst others.

The road is one of the busiest roads connecting the south-east to south-south Nigeria, mostly used by commuters including traders returning from the south-west and northern parts of the country. The road had over the years depleted, due to heavy vehicular movement on the road and lack of maintenance and at the moment, the state of the road has hugely deteriorated.

Although some portions of the road were still motorable, other section before and after Ikwuano Local Government Area in Umuahia are needing urgent repairs. The sections of the road at Ekebedi community, Umuegbule, Ogbuegbule, Awomukwu areas are also needing repairs.

Due to the deplorable stat of the road, the State government directed the Abia State Road Maintenance Agency (ABROMA) to commence immediate repair and construction of the bad portions of the road.

The repairs that the Abia State had started would ease the suffering encountered by the commuters and the effect it has on the traders and drivers carrying goods to other state.

Equipment, tractors and manpower were immediately moved to the site to fast track the mending process, but work was temporarily stopped when some minor issues with the land owners, and this resulted to a heavy traffic, tapping trailers carrying goods and materials.

The youths were elated by Governor Theodore Orji’s intervention and willfully cooperated with ABROMA to ensure the work is done.

However, the State governor, Mr Theodore Orji, was at the site for inspection. He said he was impressed by the quality of work done by the ABROMA and urged the community to cooperate and support the effort.

The section of the road at Ekebedi, Ndioruh had already taken a new look, however, traders and commuters, who ply the road, though, impressed by  the action of the government, have some major concerns ranging from quality and long span of the road. But the GM/CEO ABROMA dismissed the doubt with assurance of a quality job.

Irrespective of which road belongs to the federal or state government, all that an average Nigerian desire to see is a better improvement in the road infrastructures with a regular maintenance.
Re: The Sorry State Of Umuahia-awka-ibom Road by size38: 2:31pm On Jul 21, 2014
Is that so? Yet the two PDP best performing Governors of T.A Orji and Akpabio cannot fix that road? Or at best, the best president Nigeria ever had in the person of GEJ cannot transform that road through his "TRANSFORMATION AGENDA"? Well, let those using the road feel the pains well, well so next time, they will learn how not to exchange their votes with a cup of rice.
Re: The Sorry State Of Umuahia-awka-ibom Road by Ohaneze1: 2:39pm On Jul 21, 2014
This is a federal road. The state has done it's own part let the FG do its own part. This is no Orji's fault!

(1) (2) (Reply)

TAN Mega Rally In Minna, See Crowd. / BBA: Sheillah And Nhlanhla Finally Doing It 18+ ONLY / The 1st Lady's Secret Advice To Mr President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.