Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,588 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:50 PM

Why Would A Literate Woman Go To Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Would A Literate Woman Go To Church? (518 Views)

Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / Does A Jihadist Killed By A Woman Go To Heaven / Happy Sunday: Is Having Sex As Couple Before Going To Church Godly Or Ungodly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Would A Literate Woman Go To Church? by mmsen: 4:31pm On Jul 20, 2014
When the Bible is very clear on their position.

Genesis 3:16 - Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire [shall be] to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

1 Corinthians 14:34-35 - Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but [they are commanded] to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

1 Timothy 2:12 - But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

Ephesians 5:22-33 - Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
Re: Why Would A Literate Woman Go To Church? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 20, 2014
Upbringing, society, tradition.
Women are brought up to be subservient.
Female agnostics/atheists are rare.

(1) (Reply)

"How Can Christians Be Sensitive To Muslim/Islamic Culture?" / As An Atheist, Can You comfortably Play The Role Of A Christian In A Movie / Why Do Some Preachers Capture The Congregations' Attention Than Others?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.