Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:53 AM

Armed Robbers Attack VP Sambo Wife’s Car, Kill 2 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Armed Robbers Attack VP Sambo Wife’s Car, Kill 2 (2002 Views)

VP Sambo Held Hostage In Kano / VP Sambo, Dancing To Duncan Mighty’s “port Harcourt Son” / Who Is The Prettiest?? Osibanjo's Wife Or Sambo's Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Armed Robbers Attack VP Sambo Wife’s Car, Kill 2 by LMAyedun(m): 5:38pm On Jul 20, 2014
Armed robbers attack VP Sambo wife’s car, kill 2

The attack resulted in multiple crashes.
Armed robbers attacked commuters along the Abuja-Kaduna expressway Friday, killing two and injuring several others, witnesses said.

The raid resulted in multiple crashes involving at least six cars, including one belonging to a non-governmental organization owned the wife of Vice President Namadi Sambo.

The black vehicle belonging to Amina Sambo’s I-Care Women and Children Initiative was completely burnt and could not be salvaged by sympathizers who stopped to help put off the fire, a witness said.

John Oguche, a driver of one of the vehicles attacked by the robbers, told journalists in Kaduna that the accident occurred around 4p.m. near Doka Hospital along the inter-city road,

“They blocked the road near Doka hospital and made unsuspecting vehicles to ram into one another,” he said.

The Kaduna State Coordinator of the NGO, Abdulrahman Mikailu, who spoke to our reporter from his hospital bed at St. Gerald hospital in Kaduna on
Sunday, narrated how the robbers opened fire and dispossessed travellers of their belongings.

“Two bullets shot by the bandits missed me narrowly when I tried to come out of my vehicle to put off the fire, not knowing that a robbery operation was going on,” Mr. Mikailu said. “I had to duck and fall on the ground pretending to be dead.”

“The robbers who were in military uniform thought I was dead, so they proceeded to my car and ordered my co-traveller to surrender all his money and laptops, handsets and other personal belonging of both of us.

“The fire had already raged as at the time of the attack, that is why the sympathizers could not put it off. I understand that they killed two passengers in a ‘Sharon’ commercial vehicle and robbed several vehicles.

“I am lucky to have survived with bruises and chest injury from the impact of the accident, but I lost my phones and other belongings.”

The Public Relations Officer of the Kaduna State Police Command, Aminu Lawal, said the multiple accident was caused by panicked drivers who tried to flee from the scene.

Mr. Lawal, an Assistant Superintendent of Police, however said there were no official report of casualties in the incident.

http://m.premiumtimesng.com/blog/2014/07/20/armed-robbers-attack-vp-sambo-wifes-car-kill-2/?

Re: Armed Robbers Attack VP Sambo Wife’s Car, Kill 2 by freshprincex49(m): 5:49pm On Jul 20, 2014
The title is misleading....why do we thrive in this kind of reportage? With the sensational headline, one would think the Vp's wife was actually in the car that was attacked. RIP to the dead btw. All dare devil armed robbers will surely meet their waterloo someday, their own death will be slow and painful...

3 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Attack VP Sambo Wife’s Car, Kill 2 by yunglykmine(m): 5:51pm On Jul 20, 2014
Boko Boyz at work i guess...
ThankGod she wasn't in the car.
Re: Armed Robbers Attack VP Sambo Wife’s Car, Kill 2 by oggy89: 5:54pm On Jul 20, 2014
Re: Armed Robbers Attack VP Sambo Wife’s Car, Kill 2 by brownlords: 5:54pm On Jul 20, 2014
I dint read, but hope the wife or relative is among the two that was killed.

Bar man, more udeme, seems this my Sunday make sense with this kind good news, they think they untouchable
Re: Armed Robbers Attack VP Sambo Wife’s Car, Kill 2 by Clerverly: 5:54pm On Jul 20, 2014
So she escaped?

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Attack VP Sambo Wife’s Car, Kill 2 by donphilopus: 6:08pm On Jul 20, 2014
Armed Robbers should continue attacking their fellow (un)armed rubbers!

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Attack VP Sambo Wife’s Car, Kill 2 by solomakindees(m): 6:15pm On Jul 20, 2014
If robbers waylay a VIP's car, who is safe now? Its not about if the 2nd lady was in the car or not. A sitting govt ought to be able to guarantee the safety of all.
Re: Armed Robbers Attack VP Sambo Wife’s Car, Kill 2 by gramci: 6:38pm On Jul 20, 2014
Clerverly: So she escaped?

Running from thread to thread posting rubbish. It's Sunday for Christ sake. Get a life, go out, have fun.

3 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Attack VP Sambo Wife’s Car, Kill 2 by stingg(m): 6:47pm On Jul 20, 2014
Such a misleading title
Re: Armed Robbers Attack VP Sambo Wife’s Car, Kill 2 by LMAyedun(m): 6:51pm On Jul 20, 2014
gramci:

Running from thread to thread posting rubbish. It's Sunday for Christ sake. Get a life, go out, have fun.
OMG!! This is Crazy.
Why the beef Bro undecided
Funny tho grin
Re: Armed Robbers Attack VP Sambo Wife’s Car, Kill 2 by Fatdon(m): 6:52pm On Jul 20, 2014
They'll definitely meet their waterloo.
Meanwhile, only God knows how many
innocent lives that this nation has lost
to armed robbers. We need God's fear,
job security, employment, good
governance, respect for laws & orders, war against corruption & acts of
indiscipline, security of life & property
in this nation.
Re: Armed Robbers Attack VP Sambo Wife’s Car, Kill 2 by 175(m): 6:53pm On Jul 20, 2014
gramci:

Classic!

I couldn't help but cringe at his comment! Cleverly or abi Dundeely is on a downward spree!

He needs help my broda!
Re: Armed Robbers Attack VP Sambo Wife’s Car, Kill 2 by RichDad1(m): 7:18pm On Jul 20, 2014
Hmmmm
Re: Armed Robbers Attack VP Sambo Wife’s Car, Kill 2 by Dexpro: 9:48pm On Jul 20, 2014
sober.....
Re: Armed Robbers Attack VP Sambo Wife’s Car, Kill 2 by 99100(m): 11:41pm On Jul 20, 2014
brownlords: I dint read, but hope the wife or relative is among the two that was killed.

Bar man, more udeme, seems this my Sunday make sense with this kind good news, they think they untouchable

Cruel.
Re: Armed Robbers Attack VP Sambo Wife’s Car, Kill 2 by brownlords: 11:44pm On Jul 20, 2014
99100:

Cruel.

How and why?
Re: Armed Robbers Attack VP Sambo Wife’s Car, Kill 2 by Nobody: 12:59am On Jul 21, 2014
God please help us in this country

(1) (Reply)

Fayose Swears In Judge Who Headed His Impeachment Panel / Soyinka Denounces Jonathan Support Group Over Fabricated Report / INEC Accepted Buhari As A Candidate Without Certificate Of Education - BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.