Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,795 members, 7,806,200 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:57 PM

Fathers How Do You Bond With Your Family. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Fathers How Do You Bond With Your Family. (8993 Views)

Fathers,how Do You Feel When Your Daughters Hide From You To Dress Up. / 15 Items That Can Save Your Family’s Life / Child Abandonment By Callous Fathers, How Come? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fathers How Do You Bond With Your Family. by bugativeron: 6:50pm On Jul 20, 2014
I am a father who works in another state. Which is about 4hrs drive from where my family of a wife and 2 young children leave at. I try to be home every 2weeks and I speak with my wife like 5 or 6 times in a day this include early in d morning and late at night. But of recent I have noticed a trend in which I specially will make a lovely special dish for the family on sundays or saturday evening. This helps us to bond as a family. While wify and children watch tv I cook for them and serve them. Today it was a special jollof rice with chicken using one of my grand ma recipe. I realised this allow us to spend time together. Guys share your family bonding strategy.

39 Likes

Re: Fathers How Do You Bond With Your Family. by bugativeron: 7:08pm On Jul 20, 2014
Hi guys share your family bonding strategy. What are yoy waiting for
Re: Fathers How Do You Bond With Your Family. by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 20, 2014
bugativeron: Hi guys share your family bonding strategy. What are yoy waiting for

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Fathers How Do You Bond With Your Family. by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 20, 2014
Op, you are a really good husband and father. You appreciate the importance of bonding with yor wife and children despite the distance away from home. I guess a lot of married men do not bond or see a need for bonding as you do hence no comment so far before me. LOL. SMH.

18 Likes

Re: Fathers How Do You Bond With Your Family. by bugativeron: 8:18pm On Jul 20, 2014
You know we take a lot of this for granted. Sometimes I asked myself what will my children remember me for if I suddenly have to leave them now. That help me to want to create good memories and time spend together.

14 Likes

Re: Fathers How Do You Bond With Your Family. by beeevan: 8:47pm On Jul 20, 2014
Please keep creating these memories, they ll never forget it. Memories of my bonding moments with my dad are still ever green.

6 Likes

Re: Fathers How Do You Bond With Your Family. by bugativeron: 9:11pm On Jul 20, 2014
@beeevan thanks. Can you please some of the activities that created the fond memories
Re: Fathers How Do You Bond With Your Family. by beeevan: 9:33pm On Jul 20, 2014
bugativeron: @beeevan thanks. Can you please some of the activities that created the fond memories

We dress in his clothes and dance to the Indian music "Sunita" and he rewards us according to performance. The winner might get 4 fingers of shortbread, a balloon and whatever else he has to offer while others get less. His noodles are unbeatable, adds both kidney and liver to it and he prepares it just to excite us. He asks us to make wishes, big ones and he promises to fulfill them, we enjoy the promises he makes and did I mention that most can't be fulfilled? Lol.

My dad just knows how to excite kids, he tells funny stories that never happened. He loves meat a lot, so we partake in his variety of baked meats. He allocates the body part according to previous promises, he might have to pay off the car he promised you with chicken feet.

He took us to the zoo severally and he is very good at sampling weird foreign stuffs in packs at the super mart. There is one he bought and could not figure out how to prepare because everything on it was written in Chinese . He boiled it and it came out stretchy like bubble gum, He fried it and it puffed up and seem edible . We all dived in and started munching away, within 5 hours we were all sick, he had to load us in the car, straight to the family doc.

His Job made him available only on weekends too. if I continue, it ll get to a point that I did be sounding like a broken record,so..later.

63 Likes

Re: Fathers How Do You Bond With Your Family. by bugativeron: 9:45pm On Jul 20, 2014
@beeevan such a hillarious man. I can Imarging the time spent together

1 Like

Re: Fathers How Do You Bond With Your Family. by cococandy(f): 9:55pm On Jul 20, 2014
OP you make good effort.
Your kids will have wonderful memories of you as they grow into adulthood.
Some men don't know that the reason why kids tend to lean more towards their moms include things like this.
May God bless and keep your home.

19 Likes

Re: Fathers How Do You Bond With Your Family. by FINA4804(f): 10:31pm On Jul 20, 2014
Our fathers and husbands need to know this, well if you have a husband that do not care about bonding especially when his job do not allow him to be around always, I think the woman should assist, talk him into it.

6 Likes

Re: Fathers How Do You Bond With Your Family. by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 20, 2014
beeevan:

We dress in his clothes and dance to the Indian music "Sunita" and he rewards us according to performance. The winner might get 4 fingers of shortbread, a balloon and whatever else he has to offer while others get less. His noodles are unbeatable, adds both kidney and liver to it and he prepares it just to excite us. He asks us to make wishes, big ones and he promises to fulfill them, we enjoy the promises he makes and did I mention that most can't be fulfilled? Lol.

My dad just knows how to excite kids, he tells funny stories that never happened. He loves meat a lot, so we partake in his variety of baked meats. He allocates the body part according to previous promises, he might have to pay off the car he promised you with chicken feet.

He took us to the zoo severally and he is very good at sampling weird foreign stuffs in packs at the super mart. There is one he bought and could not figure out how to prepare because everything on it was written in Chinese . He boiled it and it came out stretchy like bubble gum, He fried it and it puffed up and seem edible . We all dived in and started munching away, within 5 hours we were all sick, he had to load us in the car, straight to the family doc.

His Job made him available only on weekends too. if I continue, it ll get to a point that I did be sounding like a broken record,so..later.

Awwwwww. This is so touching. Every woman's wish is for a good father figure for her kids.

10 Likes

Re: Fathers How Do You Bond With Your Family. by Nobody: 5:20am On Jul 21, 2014
My dad still ranks as one of the best in the world. I'm not mincing words. He never touched us. But that man is funny shah. He was one of the men that made me train myself in playing football. He used to yab us then. He'll say "you don't know how play ball, I was the captain of my school football team." He played well with us. When he realised that he gave birth to 4 stubborn boys, lolz, nobody tell guy man, he went to buy first aid materials. He always treat us whenever we get injured ( we have to explain what happened tho). He was more like a mother than a father. He'll wake you up in the middle of the night, tell you to go urinate because he understands body chemistry. He knows when a child plays too much, there's tendency to urinate in the bed. Funny man, he'll look at my mum and say "see as this woman fine", my mum will blush ehn and all of us will laugh. He was full of life even when we weren't the biggest boys in town we ate the sweetest things. He'll say "those rich men no get 2 head", lolz. I miss that man, mehn! Funny enough, everyone missed him. You will always miss a man who comes to the compound, see other men talking, he'll just throw one joke and everybody will burst into laughter. Very funny man, you will feel his presence. He was a perfect father and I kind of find it difficult when other people complain about theirs because mine was AWESOME.

36 Likes

Re: Fathers How Do You Bond With Your Family. by PastorOluT(m): 5:20am On Jul 21, 2014
@ Beeven so exciting, my kind of man. Gonna take that even to my grand kids 'cos I am gonna have a very large family n every family reunion day is gonna be a thing to look forward to for every member.

In fact this is my vision in life funny as it may seem!

3 Likes

Re: Fathers How Do You Bond With Your Family. by snowland(m): 5:21am On Jul 21, 2014
So touching
Re: Fathers How Do You Bond With Your Family. by bunmioguns(m): 5:25am On Jul 21, 2014
cry cry
Re: Fathers How Do You Bond With Your Family. by kombats: 5:27am On Jul 21, 2014
As an Original brought up African pikin the only time me and my father bond na through cane,beating and punishment. He will say is only the best for U. But still our bonding na him still make sense pass all this western so call bonding

10 Likes

Re: Fathers How Do You Bond With Your Family. by xynerise: 5:34am On Jul 21, 2014
This is how we do it while our kids watch cool

Re: Fathers How Do You Bond With Your Family. by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 5:35am On Jul 21, 2014
You can bond with your family by watching james bond movies together with your family. Worked for us when we were growing up
Re: Fathers How Do You Bond With Your Family. by iamtewwy(m): 5:38am On Jul 21, 2014
my father? create bond? he never cares about us then, thats why we never gave a Bleep abt him even if he dies today. tho have learned from his mistakes

7 Likes

Re: Fathers How Do You Bond With Your Family. by englishmart(m): 5:46am On Jul 21, 2014
Don't worry@ op
My family and I are well bonded.
That's what matters.
Re: Fathers How Do You Bond With Your Family. by NobleG1(m): 5:51am On Jul 21, 2014
bugativeron: I am a father who works in another state. Which is about 4hrs drive from where my family of a wife and 2 young children leave at. I try to be home every 2weeks and I speak with my wife like 5 or 6 times in a day this include early in d morning and late at night. But of recent I have noticed a trend in which I specially will make a lovely special dish for the family on sundays or saturday evening. This helps us to bond as a family. While wify and children watch tv I cook for them and serve them. Today it was a special jollof rice with chicken using one of my grand ma recipe. I realised this allow us to spend time together. Guys share your family bonding strategy.

How old are you? 8?
Re: Fathers How Do You Bond With Your Family. by femi4: 5:54am On Jul 21, 2014
Watching World Cup together/Going to Cinemas
Re: Fathers How Do You Bond With Your Family. by ojuafact: 5:57am On Jul 21, 2014
Re: Fathers How Do You Bond With Your Family. by NobleG1(m): 5:57am On Jul 21, 2014
iamtewwy: my father? create bond? he never cares about us then, thats why we never gave a Bleep abt him even if he dies today. tho have learned from his mistakes

Your father did wrong but two wrongs most times don't make right.
Remember, you only have one father. Reconcile with him now he's still alive. It will make you a better person.

14 Likes

Re: Fathers How Do You Bond With Your Family. by kevoh(m): 6:03am On Jul 21, 2014
OP nice one. Definitely going to be stealing some good ideas from this thread!

1 Like

Re: Fathers How Do You Bond With Your Family. by twin7: 6:03am On Jul 21, 2014
NobleG1:

How old are you? 8?
totally uncalled for....I feel he's doing a great job....people underestimate these acts but ud be shocked to know how far it goes.....the kids would look forward to his arrival @ all times...to me that kinda strikes a balance considering he's away for most part of the week.

20 Likes

Re: Fathers How Do You Bond With Your Family. by Sparklingheart: 6:08am On Jul 21, 2014
bugativeron: I am a father who works in another state. Which is about 4hrs drive from where my family of a wife and 2 young children leave at. I try to be home every 2weeks and I speak with my wife like 5 or 6 times in a day this include early in d morning and late at night. But of recent I have noticed a trend in which I specially will make a lovely special dish for the family on sundays or saturday evening. This helps us to bond as a family. While wify and children watch tv I cook for them and serve them. Today it was a special jollof rice with chicken using one of my grand ma recipe. I realised this allow us to spend time together. Guys share your family bonding strategy.

This sound so lovely...bt then... I dnt really like it wen couples live seperately... Cnt they b moved 2 ur location... I think d bond will b more superb

3 Likes

Re: Fathers How Do You Bond With Your Family. by 9jvirgin(m): 6:12am On Jul 21, 2014
I speak with my daughter all the time. This gives me joy.

1 Like

Re: Fathers How Do You Bond With Your Family. by Smartsyn(m): 6:15am On Jul 21, 2014
We watch the James Bond 007 classic together every Sunday..

And I use Top Bond on my sister's lips . she talks too much
Re: Fathers How Do You Bond With Your Family. by Afrocatalyst: 6:25am On Jul 21, 2014
Every man knows how he bonds with his family. Well done OP.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Wife Said No More Sex I Can Go Outside Make Kids / Some Causes Of Problems In Families And Possible Solutions / Would You Work For Your Father In-law?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.