Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,954 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:46 AM

ADVICE : Listed My Item On Ebay, Got A Bidder, Items No More Available. - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / ADVICE : Listed My Item On Ebay, Got A Bidder, Items No More Available. (10325 Views)

Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved / Bonnlightcrudeoil&forcadus Much More Available. / How Do I Shop On Ebay Using Paypal And Recieve My Item(s) In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ADVICE : Listed My Item On Ebay, Got A Bidder, Items No More Available. by guyman2012(m): 10:00pm On Jul 20, 2014
Re: ADVICE : Listed My Item On Ebay, Got A Bidder, Items No More Available. by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 20, 2014
mayorall:

And there will be no sanction from Ebay?.

Buyer can leave a negative feedback if bid ended in his favor. Seller can always approach eBay with evidence.

I ma very proactive with my buyers, I use contact software that emails them when they place bid, win bids, shipping, etc It;s through this contact method that you develop a relationship with your buyers.

A simple email that says:

"Unfortunately the item you have bidder upon was sold out, we do not know when we will replenish our stock. We regret this and hope that you understand. Thank you"

Will suffice to soothe the most troublesome buyer.

OP, please use Woocommerce (free) to keep stock of your inventory as you grow. You need a total sales software to manage these things for you.

PS: http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/end_early.html

Also start placing this on your ads "I reserve the right to end listings since items are advertised on other sites and may no longer be available".

9 Likes

Re: ADVICE : Listed My Item On Ebay, Got A Bidder, Items No More Available. by coretechng1(m): 10:09pm On Jul 20, 2014
mayorall:

Have you successfully received money in you account via eBay before?
Re: ADVICE : Listed My Item On Ebay, Got A Bidder, Items No More Available. by tellwisdom: 10:52pm On Jul 20, 2014
mayorall:

www.nairaland.com/1804156/brand-new-ainol-bw1-ii

It is our business. Thank you

Give me one make I test sad

1 Like

Re: ADVICE : Listed My Item On Ebay, Got A Bidder, Items No More Available. by mindtricks: 10:53pm On Jul 20, 2014
priscaoge: One reason Y I hate this online transactionundecided too much errors n stress. Why don't u send it via FEDEX since there is an option 4 that?

True talk joor.
Re: ADVICE : Listed My Item On Ebay, Got A Bidder, Items No More Available. by Lexusgs430: 11:18pm On Jul 20, 2014
Just end listing. Reason - Item no longer available for sale.

1 Like

Re: ADVICE : Listed My Item On Ebay, Got A Bidder, Items No More Available. by Joel3(m): 11:52pm On Jul 20, 2014
can ebay nigeria received payment? Have you tried it? Someone with experience.
Re: ADVICE : Listed My Item On Ebay, Got A Bidder, Items No More Available. by expert101(m): 12:01am On Jul 21, 2014
[size=18pt]Where didn't you stop your campaign when you run out of stock?

By the way if you are living in Nigeria what are you doing with Ebay when you have ?[/size]

1 Like

Re: ADVICE : Listed My Item On Ebay, Got A Bidder, Items No More Available. by babseg(m): 12:05am On Jul 21, 2014
@op let's assume you can receive money through your PayPal from eBay. Do you know how much you will be charged by ebay and PayPal
Re: ADVICE : Listed My Item On Ebay, Got A Bidder, Items No More Available. by Thomsbuky(m): 12:20am On Jul 21, 2014
All you need to do to is go to your seller listing, cancel listing and give reason " item no longer available" If you have already receive money via pay pal refund the buyer as you are unable to fulfil the order. However, if you think you can fulfil delivery of the item via Fex exp as you mentioned go ahead and inform the buyer when to expects delivery...very simple as long as you are honest , not trying to scam the buyer.

1 Like

Re: ADVICE : Listed My Item On Ebay, Got A Bidder, Items No More Available. by NaLaugh: 12:50am On Jul 21, 2014
2sexi: get a fellow naija to out bid him in that case like a buy it now...

And you wonder why websites blacklist Nigeria right?

2 Likes

Re: ADVICE : Listed My Item On Ebay, Got A Bidder, Items No More Available. by Nobody: 1:28am On Jul 21, 2014
CityNG:

Buyer can leave a negative feedback if bid ended in his favor. Seller can always approach eBay with evidence.

I ma very proactive with my buyers, I use contact software that emails them when they place bid, win bids, shipping, etc It;s through this contact method that you develop a relationship with your buyers.

A simple email that says:

"Unfortunately the item you have bidder upon was sold out, we do not know when we will replenish our stock. We regret this and hope that you understand. Thank you"

Will suffice to soothe the most troublesome buyer.

OP, please use Woocommerce (free) to keep stock of your inventory as you grow. You need a total sales software to manage these things for you.

PS: http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/end_early.html

Also start placing this on your ads "I reserve the right to end listings since items are advertised on other sites and may no longer be available".

^^^^ This. OP, don't try to juggle things around. If something goes wrong/gets delayed after the bidder has already paid, it will be much much worse than a simple ended item after a bid.

Don't take chances with your seller rep.

1 Like

Re: ADVICE : Listed My Item On Ebay, Got A Bidder, Items No More Available. by mavinc4u(f): 1:28am On Jul 21, 2014
op, is this your first time of selling on eBay? just asking
Re: ADVICE : Listed My Item On Ebay, Got A Bidder, Items No More Available. by mayorall(m): 6:46am On Jul 21, 2014
Thomsbuky: All you need to do to is go to your seller listing, cancel listing and give reason " item no longer available" If you have already receive money via pay pal refund the buyer as you are unable to fulfil the order. However, if you think you can fulfil delivery of the item via Fex exp as you mentioned go ahead and inform the buyer when to expects delivery...very simple as long as you are honest , not trying to scam the buyer.

Thanks friend.
Re: ADVICE : Listed My Item On Ebay, Got A Bidder, Items No More Available. by tutucious(f): 8:53am On Jul 21, 2014
Hmmm so u selling it for $100. Pls remind me again how much u sold this same Tab to ur fellow Nigerians?

1 Like

Re: ADVICE : Listed My Item On Ebay, Got A Bidder, Items No More Available. by dav8id(m): 8:59am On Jul 21, 2014
tutucious: Hmmm so u selling it for $100. Pls remind me again how much u sold this same Tab to ur fellow Nigerians?

Chia grin business no dey ur village? grin grin
Re: ADVICE : Listed My Item On Ebay, Got A Bidder, Items No More Available. by tutucious(f): 9:03am On Jul 21, 2014
dav8id:

Chia grin business no dey ur village? grin grin

oga David I hail... But d price gap is much nah... Mayor is a business man no doubt but if d tab could go for DAT low price in anoda country I wonder y d price is higher in Nigeria
Re: ADVICE : Listed My Item On Ebay, Got A Bidder, Items No More Available. by iraycom: 9:17am On Jul 21, 2014
please i need someone to teach me how to buy from amazon and ebay
Re: ADVICE : Listed My Item On Ebay, Got A Bidder, Items No More Available. by dav8id(m): 9:21am On Jul 21, 2014
iraycom: please i need someone to teach me how to buy from amazon and ebay
You want make purchase for personal use or for resell?
For personal use then amazon and ebay is ok but for resell craiglist is u best bet
Re: ADVICE : Listed My Item On Ebay, Got A Bidder, Items No More Available. by greggng: 10:01am On Jul 21, 2014
Write the buyer and explain to him is out of stock for now. Then enter support or resolution center u will see options to cancel transaction. Once thay is done the person will complete transaction when he receive message to agree to cancel transaction . Once both of u agree mutually u re good to go

1 Like

Re: ADVICE : Listed My Item On Ebay, Got A Bidder, Items No More Available. by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 21, 2014
mayorall:

no sanctions...you can list and unlist an item as long as you have not been paid..Ebayer for 8yrs
Re: ADVICE : Listed My Item On Ebay, Got A Bidder, Items No More Available. by wiringdpt(m): 10:30am On Jul 21, 2014
Refund the payment simple
mayorall: Hello fellow nairalanders, I listed my item on ebay, I got a bidder but this item is out of stock, Wont I get sanctioned if I end the listing?, I can send the item directly from China from the manufacturer but via DHL. And I selected international mail but am seeing fedex on the item. Advice please. Please advice. The buyer had sent me message via ebay but I dont know what to tell him/her.
Re: ADVICE : Listed My Item On Ebay, Got A Bidder, Items No More Available. by iraycom: 10:48am On Jul 21, 2014
for resell london use phone and laptop
Re: ADVICE : Listed My Item On Ebay, Got A Bidder, Items No More Available. by dav8id(m): 10:51am On Jul 21, 2014
iraycom: for resell london use phone and laptop

Usa used craiglist is ur best bet
Re: ADVICE : Listed My Item On Ebay, Got A Bidder, Items No More Available. by suyamasta(m): 10:58am On Jul 21, 2014
@mayorall why did you list something thats is out of stock?
Re: ADVICE : Listed My Item On Ebay, Got A Bidder, Items No More Available. by mayorall(m): 11:20am On Jul 21, 2014
tutucious:

oga David I hail... But d price gap is much nah... Mayor is a business man no doubt but if d tab could go for DAT low price in anoda country I wonder y d price is higher in Nigeria

That is starting bid my brother. It can get to $1000 or you dont know about Ebay?.
Re: ADVICE : Listed My Item On Ebay, Got A Bidder, Items No More Available. by mayorall(m): 11:23am On Jul 21, 2014
wiringdpt: Refund the payment simple

Not yet paid and thats what am avoiding. thank you
Re: ADVICE : Listed My Item On Ebay, Got A Bidder, Items No More Available. by mayorall(m): 11:25am On Jul 21, 2014
suyamasta: @mayorall why did you list something thats is out of stock?

I cant keep my item cos of ebay, other people had bought the product. Moreover, ebay relisted it when there was no buyer but I didnt pay attention to it.
Re: ADVICE : Listed My Item On Ebay, Got A Bidder, Items No More Available. by mayorall(m): 11:26am On Jul 21, 2014
milehigh06:

no sanctions...you can list and unlist an item as long as you have not been paid..Ebayer for 8yrs

If I end listing, I hope he wont win the bid.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Much Do I Need To Start A Fish Farm / Advice On Partnership Agreement? / CBN To Withdraw N7.9tr Dirty, Mutilated Notes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.