Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,411 members, 7,781,192 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:26 AM

Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here (60576 Views)

Farmers! Let's See You In The Farm. Post Your Pictures Here. / Palm Oil Farmers Let's Meet Here / Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by boluwajokosegun: 11:30am On Aug 08, 2014
For those who want to dry any farm porduce,There is one commercial dryer manufactured in Ibadan it dry cassava chips, fish, moringa, fruits & meat by using heat generated from chacoal, not using direct fire from chacoal for drying so it maintain the original colour of the produce that you place in it. call 08136650972 ...Cost is N360k , it drys 5 tons with N200 chacoal

1 Like

Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Pavore9: 12:17pm On Aug 08, 2014
Apitch:
That's a long time
Do u have any useful guide on rice farming, I need to start learning about it
You really need to physically be on the rice field to observe and learn it. Follow a rice farmer around u to his farm.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Pavore9: 12:25pm On Aug 08, 2014
Buchika: the locals usually measure chain by squaring 66 ft that's 66*66, but what I normally get at end of the day is 25 chains per hectare
The 12hectares will be the daily harvesting range with just 4 workers on the field!
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 1:12am On Aug 09, 2014
Buchika: wao o, you know achalla. we re neighbour. I am at igbariam. the experience is almost the same, some times I engage almost 30 casual workers from a neighbouring state in my farm, 2 of them is for cooking their afternoon and evening meal. bro I don suffer for cassava o o
I once went to Igbariam farm settlement, not long ago. I was told by someone there that hiring a hactare cost 25k. How true is that?
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 1:19am On Aug 09, 2014
fayahsoul:
yep. what do u farm?
Layers
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by fayahsoul: 1:28am On Aug 09, 2014
FarmTech:
Layers
ok. u sell only d eggs?
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by rareman(m): 7:48am On Aug 09, 2014
boluwajokosegun: For those who want to dry any farm porduce,There is one commercial dryer manufactured in Ibadan it dry cassava chips, fish, moringa, fruits & meat by using heat generated from chacoal, not using direct fire from chacoal for drying so it maintain the original colour of the produce that you place in it. call 08136650972 ...Cost is N360k , it drys 5 tons with N200 chacoal

Please can it dry plantain and Banana and maintain its original colour?
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Buchika: 9:04am On Aug 09, 2014
FarmTech:
I once went to Igbariam farm settlement, not long ago. I was told by someone there that hiring a hactare cost 25k. How true is that?
the settlers are like that, they re only interested on what they can get from you as a new entrant, there re three villages in the settlement, try village one (1) next time, but best is to look for community land outside but near the settlement, it s actually what I am using.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 12:29pm On Aug 09, 2014
fayahsoul:
ok. u sell only d eggs?
For now, yes.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 12:42pm On Aug 09, 2014
Ofido: My brother its small small we farmers of Anambra origin wil be identifying wit the thread. i jst stumbled on it today.

Am from anambra also, precisely from Awka-Etiti so rareman we need to talk as brothers, am from ejighinandu call or watzapp me on 08034903207.

am a farmer was previously mainly into rice farming but presently i jst finished constructing a poultry farm in partnership wit two partners and the birds will be arriving this tuesday
How far about your birds?
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 12:43pm On Aug 09, 2014
Buchika: the settlers are like that, they re only interested on what they can get from you as a new entrant, there re three villages in the settlement, try village one (1) next time, but best is to look for community land outside but near the settlement, it s actually what I am using.
Thanks very much. So u have a farm at Igbariam? I wish I can pay you a visit.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 12:55pm On Aug 09, 2014
In fact this thread should make front page. We need all anambra farmers and intending farmers on this thread. If you're reading this, pls mail the moderators and beg them to send this to front page. I'm mailing them now.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Buchika: 1:29pm On Aug 09, 2014
FarmTech:
Thanks very much. So u have a farm at Igbariam? I wish I can pay you a visit.
it's ok .
where is yours located
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 2:45pm On Aug 09, 2014
Buchika: it's ok .
where is yours located
Nkpor. I just met with Apitch not long ago. I'll talk to you. We planned visiting together.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by rareman(m): 5:09pm On Aug 09, 2014
FarmTech:
Nkpor. I just met with Apitch not long ago. I'll talk to you. We planned visiting together.

Good to know my brothers are into this, am in Lagos hoping that I might be opportuned to join you guys on this great visit. On this farm things any knowledge is a blessing. @buchika I will alert you anytime I hit Anambra soil, you have a large heart!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Buchika: 9:28pm On Aug 09, 2014
FarmTech:
no problem, we can schedule it cos I always have my hands full. I once took this type of visit to umudike.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by fayahsoul: 11:28pm On Aug 09, 2014
FarmTech:
For now, yes.
ok best of luck bro.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by badgan(m): 5:17am On Aug 10, 2014
i am a young graduate from anambra, anaocha.. i have been interested in farming but the know how scares me a lot.. recently i thought to try fish farming or egg production. but stumbling across this sounds like the cassava farming is good with manageable risk(my kind of business).pls how do i go about farming cassava in commercial and profitable quantity.. i have about 200k ... should that be enough to get things to a profitable level... and where to get the planting stems or bits.. is there a market for that ? abeg i need serious advice.. i need to be like dangote ..lol..

1 Like

Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Apitch(m): 9:43am On Aug 10, 2014
FarmTech:
The young man(Farmtech) is doing well for himself! It was nice meeting U bro
badgan: i am a young graduate from anambra, anaocha.. i have been interested in farming but the know how scares me a lot.. recently i thought to try fish farming or egg production. but stumbling across this sounds like the cassava farming is good with manageable risk(my kind of business).pls how do i go about farming cassava in commercial and profitable quantity.. i have about 200k ... should that be enough to get things to a profitable level... and where to get the planting stems or bits.. is there a market for that ? abeg i need serious advice.. i need to be like dangote ..lol..
It's better to understudy someone first and get first class info than just reading it up
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Pavore9: 3:09pm On Aug 10, 2014
@Buchika, these are the images of the rice harvester l told you about though the pictures are from the manufacturers website but it is the same with the one l saw being used in a rice farm here in Kenya. So with this no abakaliki wahala of opening a restaurant all in the name of cooking for workers! grin

you can view its specifications on http://mcmachine.diytrade.com/sdp/1494090/4/pd-6086634/12039244-0/4G-100_type_Rice_and_wheat_harvester_machine.html

Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by ozikam: 5:10pm On Aug 10, 2014
My brothers, im so hapy for ths thread. I am 4rm awgbu in anambra state,im levn in abuja and heading an agric based cooperative society in awka,it was registered on june ths year,a member of AFAN anambra chapter,i also run an agric forum and i realy want to work wt young anambrarians who are interested in agriculture acros nigeria. our gov. is embarkn on massive agric revolution in th state and he works wt mainly cooperatv societies,try nd belong to one, i hav a lot to offer on agric biznes. call me (Edwin) on 08067837873.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Buchika: 8:10pm On Aug 10, 2014
@Pavore9: it's this type of simple and affordable machine I believe is the future of agriculture in Africa.

@ozikam. you re welcome but it ll best to share your ideas and advice here for all to learn from.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Pavore9: 9:00pm On Aug 10, 2014
@Buchika, so u see how neatly & efficient it cuts, with such machine one can achieve much wit lower labour cost. such machine cannot consume more than N1000 of petrol daily when u can imagine how much labourers charge to harvest per chain and food!
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 12:22am On Aug 11, 2014
badgan: i am a young graduate from anambra, anaocha.. i have been interested in farming but the know how scares me a lot.. recently i thought to try fish farming or egg production. but stumbling across this sounds like the cassava farming is good with manageable risk(my kind of business).pls how do i go about farming cassava in commercial and profitable quantity.. i have about 200k ... should that be enough to get things to a profitable level... and where to get the planting stems or bits.. is there a market for that ? abeg i need serious advice.. i need to be like dangote ..lol..
Buchika said the problem is in the peeling.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 12:26am On Aug 11, 2014
Apitch:
The young man(Farmtech) is doing well for himself! It was nice meeting U bro
You're welcome. I will visit yours when you start.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 12:32am On Aug 11, 2014
ozikam: My brothers, im so hapy for ths thread. I am 4rm awgbu in anambra state,im levn in abuja and heading an agric based cooperative society in awka,it was registered on june ths year,a member of AFAN anambra chapter,i also run an agric forum and i realy want to work wt young anambrarians who are interested in agriculture acros nigeria. our gov. is embarkn on massive agric revolution in th state and he works wt mainly cooperatv societies,try nd belong to one, i hav a lot to offer on agric biznes. call me (Edwin) on 08067837873.
How much does it cost to register in a cooperative?

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 12:34am On Aug 11, 2014
Pavore9: @Buchika, so u see how neatly & efficient it cuts, with such machine one can achieve much wit lower labour cost. such machine cannot consume more than N1000 of petrol daily when u can imagine how much labourers charge to harvest per chain and food!
I love that m/c.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Pavore9: 8:22am On Aug 11, 2014
So with about N750K, l can own a harvester, thresher & a winnower, offering harvest services across rice growing areas of lgbariam, Oba ofemili, Omor, Achalla, Omasi etc No farmer can complain of harvesting, threshing & winnowing a chain for N900!

1 Like

Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by roxell120(m): 12:10pm On Aug 11, 2014
r

1 Like

Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by anonimi: 12:14pm On Aug 11, 2014
roxell120: im d state coordinator of agro -allied organisation in anambra state.we work in conjunction wit the federal ministry agric to empower the youths through agricultural funds mapped out by the FG to be accessed the youths thru agro-allied. This fund cant be accessed as an individual but as a group of ten who ve comon goal(coorperative) we are here to give u all neccessay support to be empowered. Contact me on 0 7056548121

Very good, practical policy from the FGN and I hope the states will set up similar things.
@ OP many thanks for initiating this thread and the Mods for putting it on FP.

Nigeria shall RISE again and the gates of Boko Hell will not prevail against us.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Apitch(m): 12:35pm On Aug 11, 2014
roxell120: im d state coordinator of agro -allied organisation in anambra state.we work in conjunction wit the federal ministry agric to empower the youths through agricultural funds mapped out by the FG to be accessed the youths thru agro-allied. This fund cant be accessed as an individual but as a group of ten who ve comon goal(coorperative) we are here to give u all neccessay support to be empowered. Contact me on 0 7056548121
I'm so happy to be reading this now and I will definitely contact you sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

We Sell Pure Honey, Contact Us / How Pigs Drink Water In A Modern Pig Farm / Obiano Commissions Largest Poultry In The South East (photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.