Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? (18950 Views)

CBN, Banks Set August 1 To Publish Serial Debtors’ List / How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Debtor.... / After Being Scammed, Can You Retrieve Your Lost Money Through Bank? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by datguru: 9:36am On Jul 29, 2014
jericco1:

haha exactly.

grin
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 29, 2014
Serial debtor? Well some rough looking niggers can get the money outta him, even if you go to court the court wont force him to pay if he claim to be broke they only thing that will happen is for him to claim he will pay back in 5yrs. Taking a debtor without agreed collateral to court is a waste of resources..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by uboma(m): 9:37am On Jul 29, 2014
Homguy: Why did you lend to a serial debtor? Cut your loss and move on!

Your post is really annoying. Would she have lent him the money if she had prior knowledge of his unwillingness to pay back?
If you have nothing meaningful to contribute that will aid her in getting back her money, I'll advise that if you must, just follow the thread silently and learn a thing or two. Or simply unfollow the thread.

6 Likes

Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by lumideezle(m): 9:37am On Jul 29, 2014
ogb5:

Treat the debt as a donation to charity and move on grin

Next time always take a post dated cheque from the debtor in exchange for the loan at the time you are giving the loan.

With a post dated cheque in your hand you can get your money from their account when they have money or if the cheque bounce you can call in the police for dud cheque.

Ever heard of Cheque confirmation ? They wld simply instruct the bank to dishonor the cheque.. dem go just embarass u more

1 Like

Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by datguru: 9:39am On Jul 29, 2014
equlibrium:
wen will kids learn der is ntin to be gained frm cultism?
Instead dey log on to extol d damn vice, evn online.
shiiiiiiiiiiit

As stupid as your reasoning is , it's better you go and teach your kids and nurture them about the dangers of cultism than coming here to be saintly. I never told you I'm a cultists . You can go and hang yourself for all I care
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by kolokolobi(m): 9:40am On Jul 29, 2014
Get him to write you a cheque as this is proof of his commitment to pay. If he refuses get a lawyer to write him a letter of demand. This is hoping you backed up the loan with documentation as he can deny he ever recieved any money from you. If you don't have documentation call him with a number he doesn't recognise and record the convo and ensure you demand the amount being owed and the agreement of him paying back so you have at least a proof that he owes you.
Finally play dirty. This is where the internet is our friend. I'll help you mount the publicity if you contact me.....Facebook....nairaland ....bb and every media outlet that can be used and by the time every one is calling him to redeem his image he will pay.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by JustCurious: 9:42am On Jul 29, 2014
Getting back your money from 'debtors' these days takes miracle. Yeah, I mean every M to the I to the RACLE. Hmmm.

Unfortunately, there are some set of 'debtors' who don't bulge..no matter what. These are those who seem determined not to pay back because they feel you could always do without the money. You are 'richer', they know. They are unrepentant Onigbeses. While the other set are those who genuinely don't have the money to pay back. They regret it, but can't help it.

For the first set, miracle works, keep them on MFM prayer list. wink or apply the silent treatment. Just don't say anything, again. When they come closer for anything, look straight into his/her eyes. Smile. Sigh. Do this for some days. (This pricks their conscience), I tell you, she'd be the first to say, I'm sorry I understand, I'd pay back.

While for the other group, maybe you could let go, if this is something you really want to do.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by iluvmoscow(m): 9:42am On Jul 29, 2014
Lol. Serial debtor. I can't stop laughing over here. Thinking about my experiences with most of them right now. grin cheesy
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by victor08(m): 9:43am On Jul 29, 2014
STOP BORROWING PEOPLE MONEY EXCEPT YOU RUN A LENDING AGENCY.

USE POLICE AND ARMY TO THREATEN HIM.
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by olasmith10(m): 9:44am On Jul 29, 2014
the best thing Na to arrest am with mopol...
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by mfm04622: 9:44am On Jul 29, 2014
Seem you don't have any evidence of the loan to the celebrity. To collect, first you need evidence. Go to him and ask him to give you post dated cheques. He should split the cheques into how many parts it is easy for him to pay. Let there be written agreement signed by him and witnessed by others.Anytime any of the cheque bounced, there are 2 options. 1) involve EFCC or sue him to court yourself. The court case will be straight forward since there is evidence. EFCC may take longer but the effect is more devastating on him as he would be charged with a criminal offence.
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by ayobase(m): 9:45am On Jul 29, 2014
dytbabe:

Seriously there's nothin else u can do, if u call on police, they will only negotiate when he can pay and when the time even comes, they will say they not capable.
Another thing
What does the person do? A shop or anyth?

Report to someone the person respects most of u go to the shop to take smth more expensive

correct..
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by uboma(m): 9:49am On Jul 29, 2014
Billyonaire: OP; I hope you find any of these uaeful:

1. sell out the bad debt to loan collectors at 13% discount and let them retrieve without your involvement.

2. Arrange with a senior police officer preferable a DPO to retrieve the debt with a promissory note to offer him his cut. Make sure the debtor is arrested on a Friday afternoon and let the DPO purportedly travel on Saturday without anyone to sign the 24hrs free bail bond. Trust me people will rather pay debts than sleep in jail.

3. Take the debtor to court and get exact date of repayments

4. Disgrace the person involving all these steps above and your money will be out.

Do not be scared of repercussions in life. Life is what we make It. All die na die.

Best advise so far.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by ayando(m): 9:49am On Jul 29, 2014
The truth is the people you trust the most usually do it. Presently in a similar situation n I am helpless about what to do. Just hope n wish for the best while cutting your loss. I have a cheque with no date on it. I only need sm1 who works in a diamond bank to help n I am done.
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by bebe2(f): 9:50am On Jul 29, 2014
jericco1:

hmm you must be from that part of the world.

yes i am,

And u??
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by donem: 9:52am On Jul 29, 2014
datguru: I use aro baggers angry
sad d day e go backfire ehn.
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by manosteel(m): 9:53am On Jul 29, 2014
By threatening him with a sharped knife.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:56am On Jul 29, 2014
Threaten the person that you will report him/her to his/her boss or colleagues in the office. Threaten that you will Put pap (EKO) and red palm oil with leafy vegetables including cow horn wrapped with red piece of cloth in a calabash and put it in front of his house
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by Nobody: 9:58am On Jul 29, 2014
Well, can u tell us the nature of the lending? Did he buy stuffs from u? Was it money lent to a friend for sum needs? R u a banker and u lent mooney to him n bank is forcing u to pay d money? Letus know.

Being a celebrity makes it easier to recover ur money, but I need to know d nature of the lending.
Ways to collect ur money;
1. Plead with the person. Call and send texts at odd hoours of the day n night.
2. Involve ppl he respects. It could be family, friends or clubs. Imagine wat it looks like wen u find out d meeting days oof his club and storm d pplace, plead with them to beg u recover ur mooney.
3. If d money plenty and u are a banker and ur office wan sack u cos of the money, go to his shop, report to his line executives, omata, white hoouse, opc, sars etc. Vigilante works fastest if d person neva becoome big boy for dt line.

4 if na celebrity and all d above fails... Hahahah. Carry sun newspapers go. I proomise u, u won't pay a dime. Na d kain news dem wan hear. The way dem go take package d jist, dem go add sugar, salt, peppper, u go surprise say na d small jist u give dem wey come out big. And b4 dem publish, dem go call ur debto know ihm own side of d story. My neighbour used this method successfully to get a bank dt messed him up to do his bidding. The small ogas were surpressing d jjst till sun get d jist. D big ogas had to call him directly to hear from him.

5. Involve a deity. I will nt advice this, but sum die hards will pray psalm 35 , 20times ontoop d debtor head,involves ifa, ayaaya to go and get d money. Guy, dis method na dicey one oooo, if d person still refuses to pay and dies in d process, na u go do certain tins b4 dem bury am ooo or else wahala go dey ontop deadi body.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by ayando(m): 9:58am On Jul 29, 2014

1. sell out the bad debt to loan collectors at 13% discount and let them retrieve without your involvement.

2. Arrange with a senior police officer preferable a DPO to retrieve the debt with a promissory note to offer him his cut. Make sure the debtor is arrested on a Friday afternoon and let the DPO purportedly travel on Saturday without anyone to sign the 24hrs free bail bond. Trust me people will rather pay debts than sleep in jail.

4. Disgrace the person involving all these steps above and your money will be out.

Do not be scared of repercussions in life. Life is what we make It. All die na die.
. Good advice and I liked the fact you realized there would be repercussions. What is the point when one's life is threatened? Anyway, is a choice.
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by greggng: 9:59am On Jul 29, 2014
Do you ve any evidence to prove you gave him money? If is a loan why didn't u request for collateral?

If the fund is big and u ve evidence then you ve to see ur lawyer first before he will file a report with the police to handle this. Being a celeb is enough reason for him to pay. Let me warn u that police will take 10percent of the total fund

If in ur mind it was a gentleman agreement u had with him pls forget about it and move on with the lesson you learnt
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by nnamdibig(m): 10:01am On Jul 29, 2014
Carry machete to block am by 5:00am
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by 2scorehigh(m): 10:02am On Jul 29, 2014
naijacutee: Funny enough the person is a celebrity and business person whom I cannot mention as I don't want to jeopardise my chances of getting my money sad

They haven't got a shop, so there's nothing to take.

Hahahahaha.

Is it Seun? grin

1 Like

Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by born2boink(m): 10:02am On Jul 29, 2014
Wetin money dey cause this time, money no go fit solve the palava, I remembered when I dey secondary when Samuel owe me #50 , walahi, I seize samuel one shoe, leave one remain. I know wetin him go do before money commot for his hand within 2 hrs.
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by rigarmortis: 10:03am On Jul 29, 2014
You cant, thats why they are called serial debtors.

If you want to keep a friend, dont lend and dont borrow.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by ShyDare(m): 10:05am On Jul 29, 2014
superior1: Keep visiting his house in the middle of the night with sacrifice, smashing it on his doorstep undecided
dnt kill me with laff.
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by ShyDare(m): 10:07am On Jul 29, 2014
superior1: Keep visiting his house in the middle of the night with sacrifice, smashing it on his doorstep undecided
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by myspnigeria: 10:08am On Jul 29, 2014
report the person to SARS....
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 29, 2014
Dont borrow people money you cant dash dem. Experience has taught me that. I only give people money i can dash not borrow because in most cases, u will be lucky to get d money repaid!

naijacutee: Guys, please has anyone got smart tips on how to retrieve money from a serial onigbese?

I don't want to waste energy or resources on chasing this debt, and I would like to know what methods have worked for you guys.

Obviously, I'll never ever lend anyone again as I've learnt the hard way that the easiest solution is prevention.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by dokunbam(m): 10:12am On Jul 29, 2014
Woot woot

I opened this thread for tips, now I have to read tru every comments here
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by jericco1(m): 10:13am On Jul 29, 2014
bebe2:

yes i am,

And u??

I envy you dear, but I'm not from there tongue
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by doofanc: 10:18am On Jul 29, 2014

Well, sorry sir, but 1, 2 and 3 will only work if there was a pre-lending agreement between them. This also applies to those telling OP to involve the law enforcement, police or court. If the debtor is really the cruel type, he/she can simply claim not to have met OP before, and its your word against his/hers.

The same applies to the issue of post dated cheques. The debtor must confirm all cheques before they will be honoured by any bank. The post dated cheque will only work if, as stated above, it was part of the lending agreement.

It can really annoying, I know. This is particularly true if you are sure the debtor has the resources to pay you back, but is just unwilling. In such a case it may be best to involve as many mutual friends as you know to compel the debtor to live up to his/her promise.

Then of course prayer, trust me, it works. smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. / Packaged Water Business / We’re Addressing Recession With Wrong Tools —CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.