Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? (18951 Views)

CBN, Banks Set August 1 To Publish Serial Debtors’ List / How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Debtor.... / After Being Scammed, Can You Retrieve Your Lost Money Through Bank? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by femi4: 10:21am On Jul 29, 2014
naijacutee: Guys, please has anyone got smart tips on how to retrieve money from a serial onigbese?

I don't want to waste energy or resources on chasing this debt, and I would like to know what methods have worked for you guys.

Obviously, I'll never ever lend anyone again as I've learnt the hard way that the easiest solution is prevention.

Thanks in advance.
Give it like six months and act as if you ve forgotten.
Now, its time to act, get hold of whatever that is precious to him, and it must be at least worth the value of the amount he/she is owing you
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by Tunguy01(m): 10:21am On Jul 29, 2014
Ogbeni lo sewere fun
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by doofanc: 10:22am On Jul 29, 2014
dokunbam: Woot woot

I opened this thread for tips, now I have to read tru every comments here

Dont mind those silly NLders. I won't be surprised if most of those making jest of the whole thing are serial debtors themselves.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 29, 2014
I can only advise for future purposes.
My friend taught me something that has worked for me, PUT IT ON PAPER let them sign the date and when they are supposed to pay back.
If its above 500k get a lawyer to do an agreement it wont cost more than 15k for a good lawyer but it will save you the stress and money you will use in the end. With the lawyers agreement just go to court and your money go comot.

For now, if the person works threaten to go to his/ her office, if they ignore you go and talk to the boss if you prove they owe you they can draw up a plan with the office accountant for you to retrive your debt from their salary

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by joomiegirl(f): 10:28am On Jul 29, 2014
aminho: tell him shekau is your cousin or that he has a crush on you

grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by routik(m): 10:30am On Jul 29, 2014
Christianity is not an excuse for gentility. If peaceful/understanding approach didn't work and you really want your money back, trail him to his house/office and create an embarrassing scene. His Wife, Girlfriend and Relation/anyone that is really concerned will pay you your money and ask you to leave. There is nothing to be ashamed of. It is your money, FIGHT!!! for it.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by xkobans: 10:30am On Jul 29, 2014
My dreams and hope for a better Nigeria. A country where hardwork is rewarded, a country where corruption, nepotism, tribalism, favouritism and unfair advantages are void of. A country where that young child wakes up in the creeks of the least developed regions in the southwest or northwest and has hopes for a better future. A country where the true value of humanity is respected. A country where your religion isn't used as a tool for destruction of human lives and deterioration of an already endangered resources. A country where a progressive Nigerian state is prioritised over selfishness and greedy personal interest.
We are Nigerians and we can make it work. I know it's a long shot and may even seem impossible and risky. Keep believing. Keep doing the right thing. Be proud of who you are.
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by Bunchersstab(m): 10:34am On Jul 29, 2014
After calling him ova a month of d date he agreed returning it, i went to police station to report d issue dat i will be going to his house around 4am with my things...
I decide to start living wit dem until he paid d debt.
Guess wat happend
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by equlibrium(m): 10:36am On Jul 29, 2014
datguru:

As stupid as your reasoning is , it's better you go and teach your kids and nurture them about the dangers of cultism than coming here to be saintly. I never told you I'm a cultists . You can go and hang yourself for all I care
my statement dint say you wer, its refers again to my earlier statement abt the ills of cultism. Endeavour to undastnd b4 rantn.
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by vislabraye(m): 10:38am On Jul 29, 2014
naijacutee: It is worth the stress o, Bros Mattin. Do people obey court injunctions? What is the process of doing this?

Initially I thought you were going to give us tips on how you can collect your debts. Lol.

I have had people owe me before. There's really no strategy on getting them to pay you back especially if the person lacks integrity.

As a rule of thumb, I don't lend to someone what I cannot forfeit. Alternatively, the key is to pester and threaten the person. If you know the person's pastor or religious leader who he respects, report him to theM.
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by Bunchersstab(m): 10:42am On Jul 29, 2014
After calling him ova a month of d date he agreed returning it, i went to police station to report d issue toldd police dat i will be going to his house around 4am with my things...
dat I decide to start living wit him & his wife until he paid d debt.
Guess wat happend

I went there wit a frnd dat mornin jst 2 bear witness, afta knockin on his door 4 few minutes he opend d door saw me standin hissed for like 5minutes went inside den come out wit my cash.
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by paris10: 10:43am On Jul 29, 2014
It doesn't make sense harassing or chasing debtors about. You lend what you could easily give as a gift to a family member. Even if the money is huge, debtors usually have conscience and would definitely pay you without asking them.

I know some dont have shame, but i'd rather let go of that money than kill myself of headache. And just because someone refuses to pay you back, all of a sudden you'd stop lending people in need abi? Life is too big than material things. WWJD?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by horlabiyi(m): 10:44am On Jul 29, 2014
first, is there any written agreement that the person in question owe you any money? If no,then you are still getting your money. Just try to get a phone that can record phone call conversation,call d idiot and let him confess on phone he actually owe you the money. Then take it to army barrack and then play the recorded thing for them,then they are going to follow you there and retrieve your money. Don't take it to the police or sue the person, cos if you do that they are going to ask him how and when he would be able to pay you your money. Imagine the person owing you like 100k and telling the police he's going to be pay it 1k every month. Peace and good luck in getting your money. NA SOLDIER FIT DO AM

1 Like

Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by emmykk(m): 10:49am On Jul 29, 2014
Buy 4litres petrol,walk into his or her living room specially when his or her family is there,start pouring the petrol on yourself from head to toe while they watch and threaten him or her that you will light the lantern or matches on yourself here and now if the money is not paid today.

Believe me this has been working in niger delta since 1914
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by streetzdreamz(m): 10:51am On Jul 29, 2014
aisha2: I can only advise for future purposes.
My friend taught me something that has worked for me, PUT IT ON PAPER let them sign the date and when they are supposed to pay back.
If its above 500k get a lawyer to do an agreement it wont cost more than 15k for a good lawyer but it will save you the stress and money you will use in the end. With the lawyers agreement just go to court and your money go comot.

For now, if the person works threaten to go to his/ her office, if they ignore you go and talk to the boss if you prove they owe you they can draw up a plan with the office accountant for you to retrive your debt from their salary
u'v said t all,@op dis s d best piece of advice so far,lil or no stress atall but very efficient..trust me t works especially d later part of her post

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by emmykk(m): 10:51am On Jul 29, 2014
Buy 12litres of petrol,walk into his or her parlour or living room specially when his or her family members are there,start pouring the petrol on yourself from head to toe while they watch and threaten him or her that you will light the lantern or matches on yourself here and now if the money is not paid today.

Believe me this has been working in niger delta since 1914.......
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by Nobody: 11:02am On Jul 29, 2014
aminho: tell him shekau is your cousin or that he has a crush on you
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by SkinnyDude(m): 11:03am On Jul 29, 2014
a lady like u has been owning me for over a year now. i don use arusi and juju threaten am. stil the babe refuse.

Last bullet
.. the landlady where i lived doesnt want to complete my balance. i paid, and later didnt like the room. she gave me 13k, and said she wil only give me the balance when she rents the room out. imagine. na 7k remain o, and am broke now. how do i retrieve that 7k too.
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by Awoofawo(m): 11:05am On Jul 29, 2014
naijacutee: Guys, please has anyone got smart tips on how to retrieve money from a serial onigbese?

I don't want to waste energy or resources on chasing this debt, and I would like to know what methods have worked for you guys.

Obviously, I'll never ever lend anyone again as I've learnt the hard way that the easiest solution is prevention.

Thanks in advance.

Only serial creditor fall for serial debtor! cool yourself like being creditor o! grin
O ya go borrow Bro J, him 1billion dollar to contain those boko bois! grin
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by BizBloke(m): 11:07am On Jul 29, 2014
SporaD8: Rule if the thumb - the money you can't give(dash-out), don't lend it out.

True, SporaD8 but since she has done so, a solution is best looked for now.
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by SkinnyDude(m): 11:10am On Jul 29, 2014
naijacutee: Thanks, dytbabe. I'll definitely pray about it, but faith without works is dead. What works can I do? Anymore suggestions?
babe prayer wont change their mind. i don pray tire.
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 29, 2014
The money I lost to lending is enormous..

I don't even lend N1, 000 now.

Worst is lending to someone who claims he will invest in business only to use it and feed his hungry family...
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by deavicky(m): 11:12am On Jul 29, 2014
Hand am over to God
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 29, 2014
Op, any money wey you dey borrow person must be the one way you go allow to go if the person no see or gree pay you back. grin

I remember in school, I borrowed somebody money and he promised to pay me at the end of the month, this guy nor gree pay me my money o cheesy You can imagine how I take dey drink garri, no be say I no get but the guy refused to pay me.It was at the end of the semester that he paid me, something I borrowed him at the beginning if the semester which he used for his Ghana trip with is department and the day he paid me was the day he stopped talking to me, if he see me for road na so he go pack face as if he help me work for the money or I for leave that huge amount of money for am.

Some people will beg you even with tears in their eyes to lend them money and when its time to pay you will become an enemy to them. I don't borrow people money again because I don't want problems, I will rather give you what I have then to borrow you,

Please, collect your money stylishly as you don't know what's in people's heart, People do a lot because of money so just be calm about it. Na your money so collect am but remember, do it wisely. smiley

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by SkinnyDude(m): 11:23am On Jul 29, 2014
Pavore9: OP is a MOD! All threads are not equal!..lol! Back 2 the matter.my own carry my N120K enter grave in June! lt a loss on my part bt God is good!
why u no show face when them dey bury am?
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by SkinnyDude(m): 11:26am On Jul 29, 2014
canalily: ...same with me...i lend money to my friend for his mother's burial since January whch he promised to pay bak after the burial. Till now i have never recieved bk my money. He earns his monthly salary, yet difficult for him to pay bak. Pls how cn you help us cos am tired of stories....
thats the way it is. they tell u when to pay but wil definitely not pay when the time comes. paying debt is like loosing money to Nigerians.
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by MOORCHMOORE(m): 11:28am On Jul 29, 2014

Thanks in advance.
Just enter barracks and make 'em take one of those slaps i dey see for fp settle am, in less than 1hr you get your cash (factory rest)

1 Like

Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by SkinnyDude(m): 11:31am On Jul 29, 2014
equlibrium:
it refers to vikings the university cult
must b a toddler that was recently tot hw to join cult and use the internet at the same time. Things like dat get overwhelming for small children like him all the time.
you cant even write properly.
stop trying so hard to sound smart.
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by SkinnyDude(m): 11:32am On Jul 29, 2014
akuchiemartin: . U carry aro come my door step, I go shell una with my shelling machine. As for u @ op, there is ntin u can do abt it, jst pray that sometime someday, the debtor will remember u cos I have a guy that's owing me 1.2million till now, so jst keep ur fingers crossed and keep reminding them from time to time.
i guess you are an igbo. guy jee tuo ya n'arusi okija.
Re: How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? by equlibrium(m): 11:33am On Jul 29, 2014
SkinnyDude:
you cant even write properly.
stop trying so hard to sound smart.
hahahaha. . .
In a hundred lifetimes, you can only wish to be as smart as me. A thousand.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. / Packaged Water Business / We’re Addressing Recession With Wrong Tools —CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.