Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,812 members, 7,806,282 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:00 PM

Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles (40399 Views)

Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up / Top 10 Nigerian Players Of 2013 / Nigerian Players In South African League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by colossus2: 6:07pm On Jul 21, 2014
pussyeater: Where is Sodje? The one wen dey always wear bandana!
.....with green goatie embarassed

Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by maysimsimple(m): 6:08pm On Jul 21, 2014
Sheggy13:
Really? Maybe so sha.. can't even remember anyone that goes by that name.. he must have surely been a colossal flop that I can't even put a picture to his name lol

Olumide Harris never made it to d super eagles. He was a member of d wombling n fumbling flying eagles team of 95. Nigeria was initially billed to host d WYC in 95 before d outbreak of meningitis, n d hosting was moved to Qatar. B4 that, we have hosted d AYC, where olumide harris , manga Muhammad , Patrick Pascal etc where in d team. D guy was shooting star player then.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by bankoleben(m): 6:08pm On Jul 21, 2014
Furo Iyeneme, Eric Ejiofor, Friday Ekpo, Femi Opabunmi, Romanus Orjinta, Pius Ikedia, Ogbonna Kanu
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:09pm On Jul 21, 2014
Afam4eva: There was another flop by the name of Chukwu Ndukwe that was called up by former SE coach, Christian Chukwu. I don't know how on earth that guy found his wat to the team. He probably was Chukwu's relation. That guy had 100 chances and was only able to convert 1.

Around that same period there was a guy named something Ekwueme that played 11 for us. He was not as bad as Ndukwe but was not what we needed.

You have good memory.
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 21, 2014
Hit like if u came here to read comments
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by M4gunners: 6:11pm On Jul 21, 2014
pussyeater:
Mikel slOwBI
Not possible, he has won nation cup, play confederation cup, Many games onlike the ones mention there.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by pussyeater(m): 6:14pm On Jul 21, 2014
But Nigeria get players tho! I hope some of dem dey Nairaland sha, so dem can take their own eys see wetin dem don cause for Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 21, 2014
Okonronko,dat useless defender coach Christain Chukwu used against Cameroun AFCON 2004...Pius Ikedia...Basket Baruwalolsssss
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by pussyeater(m): 6:15pm On Jul 21, 2014
M4gunners: Not possible, he has won nation cup, play confederation cup, Many games onlike the ones mention there.
U sound like a Chelsea fan

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by snadguy007(m): 6:16pm On Jul 21, 2014
dabossman:

Seriously? [s] You probably started watching football in 2010 [/s]. Yakubu is probably among the Top 5 goalscorers of all time for Nigeria. One bad miss doesn't make him an eternal flop.

Do u attack people that mentioned mikel obi too ??. My opinion is strictly my opinion
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by beejaymoore(m): 6:18pm On Jul 21, 2014
[quote
author=jibbish] den if its nt Chief Festus,it must b dt Shuaibu guy...
Nigeria Football has gone thru road roads gan. But it was Chief Festus
dt brought dt one time wonder called Ogbeche to SE[/quote]

I cant blame festus for bring ogbeche, cause Nigerians wanted him after d overhead kick against Paraguay....., It would av bin bad 2 drop a player like dat wen d fans loved his moment of magic.. Remains d biggest flop sha 2 me
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 21, 2014
i simply cannot believe people are tossing names such as Wilson Oruma into the list...yall serious that dude was a fine player only unlucky to have to rival Okocha for the number ten role. Again, we simply do not have a player like him in this generation. Oruma, Obodo and Ayila wen they last played together in the 2006 Afcon was the last time Nigeria had any sort of midfield. coincidentally this was the year mikel made his debut.

the biggest flop of all that was praised to the skies at youth level and utterly messed up at senior level is Sanni Kaita. i can't believe the guy was tipped to be the next big thing in Midfield for us.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by pussyeater(m): 6:19pm On Jul 21, 2014
Una don forget one person oh! Yobo nko?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by jibbish(m): 6:23pm On Jul 21, 2014
beejaymoore:

I cant blame festus for bring ogbeche, cause Nigerians wanted him after d overhead kick against Paraguay....., It would av bin bad 2 drop a player like dat wen d fans loved his moment of magic.. Remains d biggest flop sha 2 me
I hear say d guy don dey bang in goals for dutch league
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by M4gunners: 6:24pm On Jul 21, 2014
pussyeater:
U sound like a Chelsea fan
I,m sorry i will never be a Chelsea fan.As you can see my profile says M4gunners Arsenal for life.
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by Syenite(m): 6:24pm On Jul 21, 2014
pussyeater: Una don forget one person oh! Yobo nko?
How can u call Yobo a flop? U probably started watching football in 2013.
The only centre backs that were better dan Yobo were probably Chukwu, Keshi, Okechukwu and Taribo.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 21, 2014
1. Rabiu Ibrahaim- there have been just a few serious pretenders to the title of the new Okocha and Rabiu Ibraham was widely believe to be the most serious of them all until we found out that he can't even play well in the portugese league.
2. Sanni Keita- in 2006 this dude was supposed to be Nigeria's answer to the emerging Yaya Toure. needless to say the question remains unaswered.
3. Chinedu Obasi- never had the nerves of a top player, always looked so average and yet he was supposed to be our Cristiano Ronaldo. more like Ji Sung Park.
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by aitanofi(m): 6:25pm On Jul 21, 2014
Walahi u made my day, d guy na confirm molue
Hemanwel: How on earth would anyone here not remember Manga Muhammed??
That dude chases the ball,catches it,and afterwards leaves the ball behind.
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by pussyeater(m): 6:27pm On Jul 21, 2014
Syenite:
How can u call Yobo a flop? U probably started watching football in 2013.
All the flop wen him dey do for him club side for England nko? Wetin u go call that one? Flip Flop abi?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by Aniroly(m): 6:27pm On Jul 21, 2014
Tell me something kiss
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by SmilingHarry(m): 6:29pm On Jul 21, 2014
Have u all 4gotten Kenneth Zeigbo who was touted as the next Rashidi Yekini by the press?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by rashygenius: 6:31pm On Jul 21, 2014
U guys re wrong

THE GREATEST FLOP EAGLES EVER HAD WAS

Ayodele MAKINWA.he played 4 most serie A cLUBS Including iNTER,LAZIO,PARMA..yet he culd only found d net 2wice or so

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by pussyeater(m): 6:32pm On Jul 21, 2014
Does anyone knw Thunder Balogun? Was he a flop?
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by tenry(m): 6:35pm On Jul 21, 2014
Khalessi:
Drogba? So by this time you Don high eh?
Lol, funny.
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by dabossman(m): 6:40pm On Jul 21, 2014
snadguy007:

Do u attack people that mentioned mikel obi too ??. My opinion is strictly my opinion

I apologize for that. But your opinion should at least be objective.
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by toprealman: 6:43pm On Jul 21, 2014
SHOLA AMEOBI!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by snadguy007(m): 6:45pm On Jul 21, 2014
dabossman:

I apologize for that. But your opinion should at least be subjective.
Its cool bro, just dat ur attack get small weight
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by pussyeater(m): 6:45pm On Jul 21, 2014
toprealman: SHOLA AMEOBI?
SHflopOLA AMEOBI

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by dabossman(m): 6:49pm On Jul 21, 2014
snadguy007: Its cool bro, just dat ur attack get small weight
grin
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by sod09(m): 6:59pm On Jul 21, 2014
where is Mikel obi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Real Madrid Unveil Anthony Rudiger - Photos / Floyd Mayweather Jnr Rated Greatest Boxer Of All Time / Francisca Ordega Signs For Athletico Madrid.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.