Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,712 members, 7,805,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model (34731 Views)

Check Out My Modified 05 RX330 On 22inch Wheels / Experts In Any Model Of Hyundia Cars / EYE CANDY: Modified Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Chuckdee(m): 10:33am On Sep 08, 2014
pelumikorede:

I like these mods and would like similar of thesame but would like to know how you paid for them and how you were able to get them down to nigeria

I got them through a 3rd party.. PM if you need more details.
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by auhanson(m): 3:38pm On Sep 08, 2014
Readone35L: Will Roll in pictures of my Dodge charger srt 8, Civic and my cousins rides too. ALL MODIFIED ... Body kits, Rims, paint Jobs, lights, Lowering Springs(well slammed) Engine Mods : Tuned Écu , Exhaust modifications, Turbo charged, nice Intakes, racing parts e. T.c once had a flame kit on my civic. Later removed it. Ppl get freaked lol

Yours sit beautifully well just like a lowered Benz or BMW
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by AMvanquish: 8:21pm On Sep 08, 2014
Chuckdee:

3rd party...

I wouldnt mind No 6. On the list. The interior LED package. Cool..

1 Like

Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by auhanson(m): 11:08am On Sep 09, 2014
Jacksolo4me: Forced Induction is usually the route to go for big power gains...

But accessing those parts and someone to put all in place without breaking the engine after a couple runs is a woe here in Nigeria.-if not laughable and near impossible

In Nigeria, You won't get any tuning shops or ECU tuners/ReFlashers just road side mechanics n a whole lot of "Professionally recommended blow and break your engine Mechanics"..
"

jacksolo4me, boys aint that bad anymore in naija,we are great, believe me. Actually, if know what you want and how to get there and you guide them well , they will deliver to you. You wont go to the road side neither to the servicing giant, but simply pay a visit to a good spare part market , for instance like Ikoku in PH or "Alorji" in ABA(pls forgive my spelling). I f you went there , check inspect the market first you will marvel at wht you could see and the untapped skills that is available , then you could be convinced and negotiate your bills. They will marvell at your ideas and you will marvel at their skills.

Mechanically, i have taken a 1.8 litre 4 cylinder engine block to bore into a 2.3 diameter that could accommodate a 2.3 litre engine for bigger piston strokes to achieve a 2.3litre capacity performance. This was amazing, the chap was accurate with the diameter of the bore to fit accurately with the diameter of the standard 2.3 original piston strokes, rings and gasket bought from the market. It accommodated the rings and gasket perfectly without any need for refiling(what you need is a technician with accurate sense of measurement and carefulness to bore accurate hole for the engine piston storkes, and a good knowledge of your specific engine timing, the right size of the the rings and gasket with the metals and connecting rods. Well,to cut the long story short, the car became a 4 cylinder supersport sedan..though i may not know how much horsepower that has really achieved,except i start going into the calculation of that, but the performances and responses were just excellence, way too better than the previous engine and it wasn't that expensive to do. If i had money for low end turbo and superchargers , they could have installed it as well, and port the cylinderhead to compliment the intake manifo & exhaust modification to prevent excessive backward pressure. When i look at it, the cost of doing that could buy a whole fairly use high end vehicle(AMG)
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Jacksolo4me(m): 7:47pm On Sep 09, 2014
New K&N typhoon 69-8610TTk cold air intake.

Performance Chip OBD2 connector(Connects to the OBDII port)-Fell for some crap advert-Ill do some test to make sure it isnt just a resistor sitting in a fancy box.

Parking sensors.

Audi style headlight DRL.

just arrived...not in d country so il just pile up da parts until I'm back to install em....

Stay tuned for the DIY....

1 Like

Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Jacksolo4me(m): 7:55pm On Sep 09, 2014
auhanson:

jacksolo4me, boys aint that bad anymore in naija,we are great, believe me. Actually, if know what you want and how to get there and you guide them well , they will deliver to you. You wont go to the road side neither to the servicing giant, but simply pay a visit to a good spare part market , for instance like Ikoku in PH or "Alorji" in ABA(pls forgive my spelling). I f you went there , check inspect the market first you will marvel at wht you could see and the untapped skills that is available , then you could be convinced and negotiate your bills. They will marvell at your ideas and you will marvel at their skills.

Mechanically, i have taken a 1.8 litre 4 cylinder engine block to bore into a 2.3 diameter that could accommodate a 2.3 litre engine for bigger piston strokes to achieve a 2.3litre capacity performance. This was amazing, the chap was accurate with the diameter of the bore to fit accurately with the diameter of the standard 2.3 original piston strokes, rings and gasket bought from the market. It accommodated the rings and gasket perfectly without any need for refiling(what you need is a technician with accurate sense of measurement and carefulness to bore accurate hole for the engine piston storkes, and a good knowledge of your specific engine timing, the right size of the the rings and gasket with the metals and connecting rods. Well,to cut the long story short, the car became a 4 cylinder supersport sedan..though i may not know how much horsepower that has really achieved,except i start going into the calculation of that, but the performances and responses were just excellence, way too better than the previous engine and it wasn't that expensive to do. If i had money for low end turbo and superchargers , they could have installed it as well, and port the cylinderhead to compliment the intake manifo & exhaust modification to prevent excessive backward pressure. When i look at it, the cost of doing that could buy a whole fairly use high end vehicle(AMG)

I do know sir that such mechanics and technicians are in existence in Nigeria.

Equipments and the required test to guarantee whatever mechanical installations done to an engine.eg,engine swapping, porting, stroker kits are done properly and won't break or blow up an engine.

Nigeria would get there and I know we would...We have some extremely bright and knowledgeable minds here.We just need Organization and proven outcome that the rest of us would trust and relate to...

African Domestic Market...ADM!!!
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by auhanson(m): 2:48pm On Sep 11, 2014
Jacksolo4me:

I do know sir that such mechanics and technicians are in existence in Nigeria.

Equipments and the required test to guarantee whatever mechanical installations done to an engine.eg,engine swapping, porting, stroker kits are done properly and won't break or blow up an engine.

Nigeria would get there and I know we would...We have some extremely bright and knowledgeable minds here.We just need Organization and proven outcome that the rest of us would trust and relate to...

African Domestic Market...ADM!!!

Sure, we will one day. May God help us...
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by auhanson(m): 2:58pm On Sep 11, 2014
Jacksolo4me: New K&N typhoon 69-8610TTk cold air intake.
just arrived...not in d country so il just pile up da parts until I'm back to install em....

Stay tuned for the DIY....

I should like to try this out. Pls how much is it? Can it work in w202 Benz c180?
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Jacksolo4me(m): 4:50pm On Sep 11, 2014
auhanson:

I should like to try this out. Pls how much is it? Can it work in w202 Benz c180?

I doubt if the Mercedes c180 has an aftermarket cold air intake.....The OEM ones are good enough.(the Germans take pride in their craftsmanship).

Besides the merc thread should have the required info or checkout BRABUS or REINTECH(Merc specific aftermarket shop).

Remember these r supporting mods. .u won't gain much or any noticeable gain.best u know what u want before burning N63k.
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by auhanson(m): 7:33pm On Sep 11, 2014
thanks for the quick info.. i'll look out for Benz forum
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Jacksolo4me(m): 7:17am On Sep 18, 2014
UPDATE 1.

Parts should be arriving Nigeria over the weekend.

Got a Full luggage with me for some interior mods

The coming Weeks should be interesting as I'd be doing all the installations myself.DIY.

Hate that I'll have to drop the wheels eventually on springs...couldn't get the Coilovers shipped in time.Springs would have to do.

Got a Lip kit to cater for any eventual rubbing/Scraping that may occur. Car may require a custom paint job and a change of wheels....upgrading to 18's.

INTERIOR MODS
Carbon Fibre panels(Vinyl)
Tachometer Guage---a lil bit of a ricer - hell if I get it right.
A Car cam/black box tracker with GPS antenna.
LED strip---Don't know what to use Em for.
Windshield Mounted Garmin Navi.
7 inch mounted Tab for videos-...

ENGINE MODS
K&N typhoon intake.
Bosch Plugs.
OBDII Chip works like Ithrottle.

EXTERIOR MODS
LED switch back audi style DRL.
EZ universal Lip kit.
TRD'S emblem.
More Carbon Fibre Vinyl touch up only.
Bosch High Performance Wipers.
Front Lip from a Camry SE.
PORSCHE style DRL ultra bright.
8 point parking sensors.
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Jacksolo4me(m): 7:20am On Sep 18, 2014
Eventual look...Credits go to the Slammed Society.

Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Nobody: 10:33am On Sep 18, 2014
As in see pimping of ride. @ Jacksolo4me pls be kind enough to post pictures of your upgrade for us to see and learn a bit or two. thanks ald all d best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Jacksolo4me(m): 6:31pm On Sep 29, 2014
Having a lil problem with the cars engine immobilizer. ..should be fixed soon.

Until then...Here's it's SE conversion with Audi style Switchback LED function.

Should install the following over the weekend.
K&N Cold Air Intake.
EZ universal Lip kit.
TRD wheel and Grille emblems.

1 Like

Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Nobody: 10:35pm On Sep 29, 2014
Jacksolo4me: Having a lil problem with the cars engine immobilizer. ..should be fixed soon.

Until then...Here's it's SE conversion with Audi style Switchback LED function.

Should install the following over the weekend.
K&N Cold Air Intake.
EZ universal Lip kit.
TRD wheel and Grille emblems.
ur got the ridgeline, highlander and armada too also, which model of the trd rim are you going after?
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Jacksolo4me(m): 11:12pm On Sep 29, 2014
Bossforeva: ur got the ridgeline, highlander and armada too also, which model of the trd rim are you going after?

Yeah...those cars.We thank God...

Just TRD hud caps on the wheel...since my rims have "RM racing" hubs on them n lost one after a misfit during an alignment mid year, decided to go with the TRD theme.
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by talk2odim: 11:36am On Sep 30, 2014
and for my mind i go talk say na the same type of camry we dey use........chai! #diarisupgradeooo#
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 03, 2014
Spotted Agidingbi Ikeja.

Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by nissparts(m): 11:22am On Oct 03, 2014
Dont waste your time with those performance chips
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Jacksolo4me(m): 11:33am On Oct 03, 2014
nissparts: Dont waste your time with those performance chips

Yeah its crap.... £119 for it. Should atleast have some use....il do some test.

That's a good looking camry.love da front grill n headlights...wish he did do in a larger wheel rather than Goin stock
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Jacksolo4me(m): 6:59pm On Oct 06, 2014
While waiting on my camry to return from da electrician (Rewire)....-Dat immobilizer ' s location is a pain to remove.....

Here's some from da fellas in da west...

Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Jacksolo4me(m): 4:30pm On Oct 25, 2014
's a Saturday. ..got bored..and thought I'd upset the ricer haters a bit. ...thank God its vinyl.

Still hoping donations would come my way for a paint job(white pearl) and an 18 inch BBS rim with a 2 inch lip wrapped around a set of 225/40/18 Bridgestone.

So far.
K&N Cold Air Intake
Bosch plugs
TRD emblems on wheels n grill
08 SE KIT(stupid road messed it up)

1 Like

Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 25, 2014
How is the ride with the K$N
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Jacksolo4me(m): 11:08pm On Oct 25, 2014
cne010:
How is the ride with the K$N

Did a full change of the ECU, key transponder n Immobilizer(camry 2008) Cos the other got damaged (immobilizer)

Now I don't know if it's da ECU.but shift points have changed after the K&N install....it revs to about 3100rpm n then changes...subsequent changes follow up higher on the Rev range....

My best part is hitting 3rd at 4500rpm wit an immediate pull ..I love da sound though.

Only downside is da 2nd gear shift point..it follows a slight rev up and then down with a slight jerk as it shifts.....shifts have always been smooth.

And yeah the economy just went from Grrrr to an hair pull.
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Nobody: 11:27pm On Oct 25, 2014
Jacksolo4me:

Did a full change of the ECU, key transponder n Immobilizer(camry 2008) Cos the other got damaged (immobilizer)

Now I don't know if it's da ECU.but shift points have changed after the K&N install....it revs to about 3100rpm n then changes...subsequent changes follow up higher on the Rev range....

My best part is hitting 3rd at 4500rpm wit an immediate pull ..I love da sound though.

Only downside is da 2nd gear shift point..it follows a slight rev up and then down with a slight jerk as it shifts.....shifts have always been smooth.

And yeah the economy just went from Grrrr to an hair pull.

I think you need to fit the old air filter so you can be sure you didn't get a bad ECU, I didn't expect the fuel economy to be worse.
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Jacksolo4me(m): 12:03am On Oct 26, 2014
cne010:

I think you need to fit the old air filter so you can be sure you didn't get a bad ECU, I didn't expect the fuel economy to be worse.

Nope never had that before with the old air filter but I'd be sure to do so.

But there is a noticeable change in its performance n sound..not mind bending(I wush)

But then I must confess....The intake sound.well it's my fault on the fuel economy(lead foot syndrome-couldn't help it)
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Nobody: 1:40am On Oct 26, 2014
Jacksolo4me:

Nope never had that before with the old air filter but I'd be sure to do so.

But there is a noticeable change in its performance n sound..not mind bending(I wush)

But then I must confess....The intake sound.well it's my fault on the fuel economy(lead foot syndrome-couldn't help it)

You can get a cat back exhaust for the sound pretty pricey tho, I'm saving up to get an Eisenmann sport for my side chic.
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by redcliff: 6:58am On Nov 01, 2014
CityNG:
These are mine.

Ah ahn. Is that a c class? Where did you get the vboot padding from? Dope shi**
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by redcliff: 7:18am On Nov 01, 2014
teebaddest:
Did this myself simple DIY stuffs hope u guys like it...change the head lights and added LED's... Blacked out the front grill and Al the chrome at the back...... blacked out my wheel covers....changed the CD player to a cool and more modern JVC CD player......added some carbon fibre materials to the dash and doors.

Did you use matt wrap fr all that? Where did you purchase it from?
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Nobody: 10:37am On Nov 01, 2014
Here is my 2007 Camry SE. It's an I4. It's pretty fast but I think I wud have loved to have a V6 feel. Pls where do I buy the 2011 sport bumpers? Anyclue? lipsrsealed Also I went to ladipo to install d 7" monitor but d sound production was wack and cudnt be compared to my stock CD player. I had to reject it. I thanks God I didn't pay dem money before installing. Any clues?

Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by mikkyphp(m): 10:56am On Nov 01, 2014
Just go these.
DIY installation to follow up as soon as i'm back!

Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 01, 2014
Dats d one I got. It wasn't sounding well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Acura Mxd 08 Or Lexus Rx330? / An Accident Involving A Drunk Driver At Ado Rd., Lagos (picture) / Mercedes Is Recalling The G65 Because It Can Go Too Fast Backwards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.