Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

Kashamu Distributes 66,000 Litres Of Kerosene To Osun Residents - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kashamu Distributes 66,000 Litres Of Kerosene To Osun Residents (1740 Views)

Ben Bruce Compares Price Of Kerosene In Nigeria And India / Umahi Distributes Made-In-Ebonyi Rice To Workers For Christmas (pics) / Politician Distributes Money In Public (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kashamu Distributes 66,000 Litres Of Kerosene To Osun Residents by Anasko(m): 4:43am On Jul 21, 2014
The Chairman, Organisation and Mobilisation
Committee of the Peoples Democratic Party in the
South-West, Mr. Buruji Kashamu, has said his
organisation, Omoilu Foundation, distributed
66,000 litres of kerosene to residents of Osun
State.
Kashamu, who spoke in Ede on Sunday through
the Managing Director of the Foundation, Mr.
Samson Onasile, just before the start of the
distribution, said the gesture was not to induce
voters but to assist the people.
He added that an additional 66,000 litres of
kerosene would arrive in Osogbo this week for
distribution.
Onasile said the group was not involved in any
fraudulent activity which could disenfranchise
voters in Osun State contrary to the claim of the
ruling All Progressives Congress.
He explained that politicians started making
overtures to the foundation having realised that
members of the foundation who were benefitting
from the magnanimity of Kashamu had electoral
value.
Onasile said, “The Omoilu Foundation gave out
750 vehicles and 1,000 motorcycles in 2006. The
chairman (Kashamu) at times distributes recharge
cards to members without asking them to do
anything for him.
“We are distributing kerosene today to assist our
members in the state (Osun State).
“Before you are registered as a member of the
foundation, you are requested to obtain a form
and we get your data. We ask them to come with
their voter cards to know that they registered.
“We encourage them to register so that they
would be able to vote and we ask them to bring
their cards to know that they truly registered and
got their cards.”
According to him residents of Ondo State and
other states which are not preparing for elections
are also registering to become members of
Omoilu Foundation.
Onasile said the allegation that the foundation
was an occult group was a lie and was aimed at
discrediting its chairman.
“We have registered 140,000 members for Omoilu
Foundation in Osun State as of today and many
are still obtaining our forms.
“We are distributing 66,000 litres today and
before Tuesday additional 66,000 would arrive for
distribution. The kegs for the kerosene is branded
PDP of course and the chairman is a leader of the
PDP and would work for the interest of the party.
“Omoilu Foundation is not an occult group like
some politicians are saying. We are interested in
the welfare of our members,” he added.
It will be recalled that Governor Rauf Aregbesola
has asked the people of the state to shun
registering with the foundation while claiming the
group was an occult one.
The Director, Communication Research and
Strategy, Osun APC, Mr. Kunle Oyatomi, described
the distribution of kerosene as a ploy to
hoodwink the citizenry.
Oyatomi said, “Why do you need to collect
people’s voters’ cards if not for fraudulent
purposes?
http://www.punchng.com/news/kashamu-distributes-66000-litres-of-kerosene-to-osun-residents/
Re: Kashamu Distributes 66,000 Litres Of Kerosene To Osun Residents by Mogidi: 4:49am On Jul 21, 2014
The Director, Communication Research and Strategy, Osun APC, Mr. Kunle Oyatomi, described the distribution of kerosene as a ploy to [size=15pt]hoodwink the citizenry[/size].

And the APC's rice is to help the hoodwinked citizens abi?

I think Mr Oyatomi is one gallon short of a full jerry-can, he needs a shrink if he thought people would believe this baloney.

Kerocracy and Riceocracy is the new democracy in the SW ja re, deal with it.

4 Likes

Re: Kashamu Distributes 66,000 Litres Of Kerosene To Osun Residents by gidjah(m): 4:50am On Jul 21, 2014
he tried a bit,but come to think of it how far can 66k of lit of kero go for a whole town?thats about 2 tankers to them.that man is a dare drug baron who can only be compared to his older brother Tinubu of lagos state.is this how far d drug money can go? or is this ao attempt to kick start a political career?
Re: Kashamu Distributes 66,000 Litres Of Kerosene To Osun Residents by Gboliwe: 5:02am On Jul 21, 2014
I now envy the inhabitants of Osun state!

See politicians fighting over themselves to give them gifts.
First rice, now kerosene, maybe another party will offer tin tomatoes, and another vegetable oil. I am sure, one of the big parties will still command cash to rain from the sky. tongue

People of Osun, its your season! Grab, as much as you can from these thieves and still vote the right one you believe will get it right!

4 Likes

Re: Kashamu Distributes 66,000 Litres Of Kerosene To Osun Residents by Safari29: 5:25am On Jul 21, 2014
Is this how governance is done? sharing rice, kerosene recharge card cars and motorcycle. Hmmm we are doomed
Re: Kashamu Distributes 66,000 Litres Of Kerosene To Osun Residents by Nobody: 6:27am On Jul 21, 2014
People should collect the various gifts but vote based on their conscience on election day.

6 Likes

Re: Kashamu Distributes 66,000 Litres Of Kerosene To Osun Residents by reedbam: 6:32am On Jul 21, 2014
Bit by bit we are being thrown-back into stone-age
Re: Kashamu Distributes 66,000 Litres Of Kerosene To Osun Residents by internetpo(m): 8:31am On Jul 21, 2014
Now i wish am based in osun. sad
Re: Kashamu Distributes 66,000 Litres Of Kerosene To Osun Residents by LoveDecay(m): 9:11am On Jul 21, 2014
Safari29: Is this how governance is done? sharing rice, kerosene recharge card cars and motorcycle. Hmmm we are doomed

Its called poverty.
Re: Kashamu Distributes 66,000 Litres Of Kerosene To Osun Residents by danot1030: 9:57am On Jul 21, 2014
Dis is a slap to the yorubas, it only shows the yorubas has lost its dignity, if politicians now feel that wen the yorubas deserve benevolence is wen they need them to sell their votes like it was done in the previous election where the Ekitis unbelievably sold their vote for a 5kg bag of rice. Event is repeating itself again in Osun state. Where was Kashamu before this election, wit all his wealth and position in PDP wot has he ever done for Osun State, Omisore has been having romance wit the government now for over 14yrs, does it mean it is now he suddenly realise that Osuns are hungary to share rice to them, Aregbeshola has been in power for 4yrs why is it now that he remember that d people he has govern for 4yrs need free rice, wen next will dis people be remember for another gudies after dis election, Ekiti people has finish d 5kg bag of rice from Fayose, they have given him wot he wanted from them and d election is over, is Fayose still giving another rice? Yorubas should think and prove to the world that their votes worth much than wot these politicians are bargaining for.
Re: Kashamu Distributes 66,000 Litres Of Kerosene To Osun Residents by danot1030: 9:59am On Jul 21, 2014
internetpo: Now i wish am based in osun. sad
for kerosene u don't need dat, just come and work for me in my farm I will give u free house plus food.
Re: Kashamu Distributes 66,000 Litres Of Kerosene To Osun Residents by Zionope: 10:21am On Jul 21, 2014
But why would this group request for voters card to get registered with d group? Something is wrong somewhere.
Re: Kashamu Distributes 66,000 Litres Of Kerosene To Osun Residents by Happywoman(f): 10:25am On Jul 21, 2014
They will also be needing beef, chicken,pots, curry, bay leaves ,tomatoes etc to cook the rice and even juju.
Pls other political parties take not.
Mtchewwwwe
Re: Kashamu Distributes 66,000 Litres Of Kerosene To Osun Residents by size38: 10:30am On Jul 21, 2014
When will Nigerian electorates have common sense?
Re: Kashamu Distributes 66,000 Litres Of Kerosene To Osun Residents by truth4meal(m): 10:38am On Jul 21, 2014
Under this GEJ's watch everything is getting critically worse. After taking tribalism to all time high, after festering disunity among religious sect, after aligning and pardoning criminals, after allowing corruption grow - this govt is gradually eroding the remains of our morals, our omoluabi ethos and sophistication.
When Ekiti people voted Fayose I know the ripple effect will be worse than maybe bad governance. I know it will set a new template for our democracy and I don't have to wait too long to know am right.
We lost a lot more under this bizzare government than we can imagine. Nobody remember or in the know of what PDP or APC promises the state - local government by local government. No one heard of anything other than rice, beans, tomato, kerosene soon they will share stove...smh especially when I know you can collect all these bribes and still vote your conscience.
Re: Kashamu Distributes 66,000 Litres Of Kerosene To Osun Residents by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 21, 2014
Chai! Tinubu has finished the wealth of the South West. People now exchange votes for rice and kerosene? Na wa o! The lion of Bourdillon is indeed cruel.

Now I know why stomach infrastructure is necessary.
Re: Kashamu Distributes 66,000 Litres Of Kerosene To Osun Residents by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:14am On Jul 21, 2014
Osun people are hungry folks. At least, I can cook stew with goatmeat for them and be their local govt chairman....
Re: Kashamu Distributes 66,000 Litres Of Kerosene To Osun Residents by danot1030: 1:37pm On Jul 21, 2014
SLIDEwaxie: Osun people are hungry folks. At least, I can cook stew with goatmeat for them and be their local govt chairman....
my brother is not even limited to Osun people, politicians has expose the Yorubas as hungary people, first it Ekiti election and now it is Osun. Wot a shame!
Re: Kashamu Distributes 66,000 Litres Of Kerosene To Osun Residents by benabbey(m): 1:50pm On Jul 21, 2014
I will suggest Osun people collect anything this politician bring but they should vote by shinning their eye very well. Dont vote murder suspect
Re: Kashamu Distributes 66,000 Litres Of Kerosene To Osun Residents by kolaaderin: 1:51pm On Jul 21, 2014
20pounds: Chai! Tinubu has finished the wealth of the South West. People now exchange votes for rice and kerosene? Na wa o! The lion of Bourdillon is indeed cruel.

Now I know why stomach infrastructure is necessary.

This ur Hatred for Tinubu will finally give u high blood pressure, the message above read PDP shared kerosine, with the cash of drug baron card carrying member of the party.
Re: Kashamu Distributes 66,000 Litres Of Kerosene To Osun Residents by Smartsyn(m): 1:57pm On Jul 21, 2014
Wow.

Aregbe gave them rice, now Omisore is giving them kerosene to boil the rice..

Now that's Epic..

Abeg oo whose own important pass, the rice or the keresene? Lol
Re: Kashamu Distributes 66,000 Litres Of Kerosene To Osun Residents by Safari29: 2:02pm On Jul 21, 2014
Zionope: But why would this group request for voters card to get registered with d group? Something is wrong somewhere.

this guy kashamu or esho jinadu is a dangerous man. drug baron. In 2010 he made people to swear and sleep inside coffins just because of a car or motorcycle in his Omo Ilu PDP Foundation. He is from Ijebu Igbo he is on FBI list of most wanted man. He distribute money cars like paper

1 Like

Re: Kashamu Distributes 66,000 Litres Of Kerosene To Osun Residents by PointB: 2:08pm On Jul 21, 2014
From amala, to cooked rice, from bagged rice to recharge card, and now kerosene for vote; South West, nay, Yorubad politicians are disgracing themselves and indeed ridiculing the country.

Shameless set of people!
Re: Kashamu Distributes 66,000 Litres Of Kerosene To Osun Residents by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jul 21, 2014
PDP is truly showing the osun state apc that they are masters in the game
On election day, expect to see 5 trucks of kerosine, 10,000 bags of rice, clothing and building materials and at least N10,000,000 in each ward, waiting to be distributed to the people from the wards where PDP wins...
No PDP card + voters card, nothing for you even if PDP wins in your ward.
Re: Kashamu Distributes 66,000 Litres Of Kerosene To Osun Residents by mikolo80: 10:47pm On Jul 21, 2014
size38: When will Nigerian electorates have common sense?
when someone makes the sense common.
Re: Kashamu Distributes 66,000 Litres Of Kerosene To Osun Residents by internetpo(m): 9:28am On Jul 22, 2014
danot1030: for kerosene u don't need dat, just come and work for me in my farm I will give u free house plus food.
cheesy no thanks. for the offer. where's ur farm by the way?

(1) (Reply)

Show Of Shame In Abuja: The Real Story – Paul Ekpo Calls Attah, Etiebet, / B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G News!!! B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G News!!! B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G News!!! / Buhari Visits Obasanjo At His Home In Ota - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.