Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,058 members, 7,807,184 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:47 AM

Former Minister For Petroleum, Dr. Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former Minister For Petroleum, Dr. Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead (1315 Views)

‘my Husband Is Gay, He Masturbates In My Presence’ – Former Minister’s Daughter / Forbes Take On Kemi Adeosun, Nigeria's New Minister For Finance / Ibe Kachiukwu Assumes Office As Minister Of State For Petroleum Resources (Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Former Minister For Petroleum, Dr. Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by MurphyG1(m): 8:55am On Jul 21, 2014
Close family members according to TheWill have reported that former Petroleum Minister and Secretary General of OPEC, Dr. Rilwanu Lukman is dead. He was 76 years old.
Rilwanu Lukman is a Nigerian engineer who held several ministerial positions in the Nigerian Federal government before becoming Secretary General of OPEC (Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries) from 1 January 1995 to 31 December 2000. On 18 December 2008, Lukman was appointed Minister of Petroleum Resources by Nigerian president Umaru Yar’Adua, holding office until March 2010.

Lukman was appointed Minister of Mines, Power and Steel from 1984 to 1985 in the government of General Muhammadu Buhari. In 1986 he was appointed Federal Minister of Petroleum Resources, holding that position until February 1990. In that role, he was also Chairman of the Board of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation. He was briefly Minister of Foreign Affairs between January and September 1990. He was Chairman of the Board of Directors of the National Electric Power Authority (1993–1994).

From 1986 he served eight consecutive terms as OPEC president. Lukman was elected OPEC secretary general on 22 November 1994, succeeding Dr. Subroto of Indonesia, whose three-year term ended on 30 June 1994. Lukman was a compromise choice between two competing candidates, Hossein Kazempour Ardebili of Iran and Alirio Parra of Venezuela. He was re-elected to a second term in 1997, holding office until the end of 2000. He was a central figure in the agreement between Iran and Saudi Arabia to control oil prices early in 1999, followed by agreements to reduce production levels, which led to a surge in prices towards the end of the 1990s.

Source: http://jide-salu.com/2014/07/21/former-super-minister-for-petroleum-rilwanu-lukman-is-dead-aged-76/
http://thewillnigeria.com/news/breaking-rilwanu-lukman-dead-sources/

Re: Former Minister For Petroleum, Dr. Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by Nobody: 9:10am On Jul 21, 2014
Ina lilahi wa lilahi

Simply means - his family should return all the loot from our treasury. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Former Minister For Petroleum, Dr. Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by WIZGUY69(m): 9:11am On Jul 21, 2014
R.I.P My Guy.
Re: Former Minister For Petroleum, Dr. Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by juman(m): 9:14am On Jul 21, 2014
grin

I thought he would live forever. grin

He died this morning in Austria.
http://leadership.ng/news/378466/former-petroleum-minister-rilwanu-lukman-dead
Re: Former Minister For Petroleum, Dr. Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by arewafederation: 9:22am On Jul 21, 2014
Allah ya jikan shi... Amin.
Re: Former Minister For Petroleum, Dr. Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by emperorchedda(m): 9:25am On Jul 21, 2014
RIP. Buh u follow chop our money sha....no vex
Re: Former Minister For Petroleum, Dr. Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by shizzleStar: 9:50am On Jul 21, 2014
one of the clannish rogues that siphoned our commonwealth without any development for the people of even his region

ok bye!

1 Like

Re: Former Minister For Petroleum, Dr. Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by drauj(m): 10:08am On Jul 21, 2014
Well, I don't think if he was a man of questionable integrity he'd have played the kind of roles he did in the international sphere. Guys grow up and appreciate excellence and integrity.
Quit being haters and tribal and religious fanatics as you have been encouraged to be now of all times. May Allah SWT forgive him his short-comings and make Jannatul Firdaus his final abode.
Re: Former Minister For Petroleum, Dr. Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by Obinoscopy(m): 12:30pm On Jul 21, 2014

(1)

I Dreamt Last Night That Atiku Abubakar Emerged The Apc Flagbearer- Ifeduba / Pls When Will Apc Presidential Rally Taking Place In Lagos 8) / Fatal Accident Along Mile2 Expressway Crushed Many Dead(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.