Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,574 members, 7,809,094 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

History 102 : The Unfortunate Role Of Awolowo In Nigeria's History - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / History 102 : The Unfortunate Role Of Awolowo In Nigeria's History (1909 Views)

HID Awolowo Was Buried Beside Her Husband, Chief Obafemi Awolowo In Ikene (Pics) / Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter / Nigeria History Makers In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

History 102 : The Unfortunate Role Of Awolowo In Nigeria's History by RareDiamond: 9:12am On Jul 21, 2014
It is a known fact that Awolowo display strong tribal loyalty than national loyalty hence the general refusal to accept him as a nationalist. His hatred for other tribes made him to propagate strong discriminatory and tribal bigoted policies. He was also instrumental in causing crisis in the western region due to his unpatriotic dispute with Akintola.

I use to view awolowo as a nationalist due to false and malicious western (Oduduwa) propaganda but now i see him at best as a yoruba leader with policies unfavourable to the yorubas.

Was Awolowo justified in his actions
Re: History 102 : The Unfortunate Role Of Awolowo In Nigeria's History by isaco(m): 9:24am On Jul 21, 2014
Nigeria positive History is not complete without Papa Awo. That's it!

7 Likes

Re: History 102 : The Unfortunate Role Of Awolowo In Nigeria's History by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 21, 2014
isaco: Nigeria positive History is not complete without Papa Awo. That's it!
In what way did he contribute to the unity and progress of Nigeria?
Re: History 102 : The Unfortunate Role Of Awolowo In Nigeria's History by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 21, 2014
op.
there is absolutely no reason for nigeria to exist. kind you, during the sage's time, it was a regional federalism system that we practise and so he only focus on his people while azkiwe was supposed to take care of you people. pls learn your history well before you come spill trash here

4 Likes

Re: History 102 : The Unfortunate Role Of Awolowo In Nigeria's History by Nobody: 10:01am On Jul 21, 2014
azeezhy: op.
there is absolutely no reason for nigeria to exist. kind you, during the sage's time, it was a regional federalism system that we practise and so he only focus on his people while azkiwe was supposed to take care of you people. pls learn your history well before you come spill trash here

what makes you think the Op is from the south east
Re: History 102 : The Unfortunate Role Of Awolowo In Nigeria's History by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 21, 2014
I use to view awolowo as a nationalist due to false
and malicious western (Oduduwa) propaganda but
now i see him at best as a yoruba leader with
policies unfavourable to the yorubas.
Re: History 102 : The Unfortunate Role Of Awolowo In Nigeria's History by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 21, 2014
RareDiamond:
It is a known fact that Awolowo display strong tribal loyalty than national loyalty hence the general refusal to accept him as a nationalist. His hatred for other tribes made him to propagate strong discriminatory and tribal bigoted policies. He was also instrumental in causing crisis in the western region due to his unpatriotic dispute with Akintola.

I use to view awolowo as a nationalist due to false and malicious western (Oduduwa) propaganda but now i see him at best as a yoruba leader with policies unfavourable to the yorubas.

try to narrow your accusation/allegations to bullet point for easy discussion and contribution
Re: History 102 : The Unfortunate Role Of Awolowo In Nigeria's History by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 21, 2014
We are talking about the unity of Nigeria and those that tried in enshrinening tribalism, bigotry and nepotism in the body polity.

Somethings i wonder how he is so celebrated after being used, dump and yet took the part to ignoble demise.
In a saner clime someone that committed suicide shouldnt be celebrated because the upcoming generation will always see him as a role and a poster child of how negetivities still pay.

I heard he was also jailed for fraud in Calabar prison...what a sage
azeezhy: op.
Re: History 102 : The Unfortunate Role Of Awolowo In Nigeria's History by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:11am On Jul 21, 2014
IgboMonk: We are talking about the unity of Nigeria and those that tried in enshrinening tribalism, bigotry and nepotism in the body polity.

Somethings i wonder how he is so celebrated after being used, dump and yet took the part to ignoble demise.
In a saner clime someone that committed suicide shouldnt be celebrated because the upcoming generation will always see him as a role and a poster child of how negetivities still pay.

If you like die.
Re: History 102 : The Unfortunate Role Of Awolowo In Nigeria's History by anago9010(m): 10:12am On Jul 21, 2014
IgboMonk: We are talking about the unity of Nigeria and those that tried in enshrinening tribalism, bigotry and nepotism in the body polity.

says a fvckhead who idolize a sissy that fled cross dressed. no one in your cursed tribe can match him in all ramifications. little wonder your fathers ran to the southwest to enjoin his free education.

even your tin god ojuiku, bow to him and called him the best president Nigeria never had. he was imprisoned cos the northern as$ licker collaborated with his Hausa master balewa to rope him up on trump up charges. hope I cure some of your gross stupidity syndrome.

6 Likes

Re: History 102 : The Unfortunate Role Of Awolowo In Nigeria's History by truth4meal(m): 10:22am On Jul 21, 2014
Awolowo is the best Yoruba leader with policies unfavourable to the Yoruba....
Dude how can the best leader initiate unfavourable policies. How does greatness comes misfired policies? Gosh! Wake up dude this is 2014 and the war is over.

3 Likes

Re: History 102 : The Unfortunate Role Of Awolowo In Nigeria's History by driand(m): 10:28am On Jul 21, 2014
the chronicles of the greedy fool. who wanted to be president and ended up a suicide victim.
Re: History 102 : The Unfortunate Role Of Awolowo In Nigeria's History by RockMaxi: 10:35am On Jul 21, 2014
The Mods should ban this OP till 3014, imagine opening a thread with no substantive fact just to encourage tribal hatred.
Re: History 102 : The Unfortunate Role Of Awolowo In Nigeria's History by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:17am On Jul 21, 2014
Largas:
In what way did he contribute to the unity and progress of Nigeria?
n what way didn't he?
Re: History 102 : The Unfortunate Role Of Awolowo In Nigeria's History by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:18am On Jul 21, 2014
driand: the chronicles of the greedy fool. who wanted to be president and ended up a suicide victim.
I knw the chronicles of another short man who wanted to rule his own country but ended uo as a stroke victim grin grin

5 Likes

Re: History 102 : The Unfortunate Role Of Awolowo In Nigeria's History by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 21, 2014
SLIDEwaxie: n what way didn't he?
Pathetic of you to answer questions with questions.
Re: History 102 : The Unfortunate Role Of Awolowo In Nigeria's History by Sibrah: 12:21pm On Jul 21, 2014
Gej Is the Greatest president ever. He swapped the word Good and Bad in the Nigerian Dictionary thus giving 99 good road, schools, election, healt service, and subsidy

1 Like

Re: History 102 : The Unfortunate Role Of Awolowo In Nigeria's History by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 21, 2014
Tunde howfa?

anago9010:

says a fvckhead who idolize a sissy that fled cross dressed. no one in your cursed tribe can match him in all ramifications. little wonder your fathers ran to the southwest to enjoin his free education.

even your tin god ojuiku, bow to him and called him the best president Nigeria never had. he was imprisoned cos the northern as$ licker collaborated with his Hausa master balewa to rope him up on trump up charges. hope I cure some of your gross stupidity syndrome.
Re: History 102 : The Unfortunate Role Of Awolowo In Nigeria's History by anago9010(m): 1:02pm On Jul 21, 2014
IgboMonk: Tunde howfa?

Numbskull shytehead, I see you bleating like a calf denial milk in another thread, how my polysyllabic written pierce through your dumbhead. when are you starting your battle rap 101 class with me(rakim).

1 Like

Re: History 102 : The Unfortunate Role Of Awolowo In Nigeria's History by 500GP: 1:04pm On Jul 21, 2014
SLIDEwaxie: I knw the chronicles of another short man who wanted to rule his own country but ended uo as a stroke victim grin grin

I KNOW THE CHRONICLE OF A MAN WITH BIG HEAD AND BEARD WHO INITIATED A EAR BUT ENDED AS A COWARD BY DRESSING IN A WOMAN ATTIRE (BIANCA'S ATTIRE ) AND RAN TO ABIDJAN

1 Like

Re: History 102 : The Unfortunate Role Of Awolowo In Nigeria's History by 0merta(m): 1:08pm On Jul 21, 2014
RareDiamond:

Awolowo's the best thing to happen to We Yorubas!

His accomplishments and legacies are still being felt and enjoyed by We Yorubas till today!

As per his rift with Akintola, Awolowo was the Party Leader for crying out loud and he had the right to call Akintola to order when the latter was going against the Party ethics and policies...

Policies unfavourabe to Yorubas? Are you being sarcastic or something?

You must be a Fool!

4 Likes

Re: History 102 : The Unfortunate Role Of Awolowo In Nigeria's History by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:16pm On Jul 21, 2014
Awolowo is the embodiment of everything wrong with humanity. The jury is still out on whether the person was entirely human. He was evil personified. The highest post he achieved is minister in charge of genocide. But yorubas adore him. He is their demi-god. Tells you a lot about yoruba people. Spits.

1 Like

Re: History 102 : The Unfortunate Role Of Awolowo In Nigeria's History by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:17pm On Jul 21, 2014
anago9010:

western goat, this thead is about awo the frog.
Re: History 102 : The Unfortunate Role Of Awolowo In Nigeria's History by anago9010(m): 1:21pm On Jul 21, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

Satan worshipper, when will you kick the bucket to go fraternize with your mentor Lucifer in the lake of fire. while dozen of goblins fist on you.

2 Likes

Re: History 102 : The Unfortunate Role Of Awolowo In Nigeria's History by 0merta(m): 1:24pm On Jul 21, 2014
AlfaSeltzer: Awolowo is the embodiment of everything wrong with humanity. The jury is still out on whether the person was entirely human. He was evil personified. The highest post he achieved is minister in charge of genocide. But yorubas adore him. He is their demi-god. Tells you a lot about yoruba people. Spits.

AlfaSeltzer:

Are you still pained by the 20 Pounds policy?... grin grin grin

Otu Nnegi there!

Oloshi!

3 Likes

Re: History 102 : The Unfortunate Role Of Awolowo In Nigeria's History by eaglechild: 1:27pm On Jul 21, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
If you like die.

He must have really struck a nerve.
Re: History 102 : The Unfortunate Role Of Awolowo In Nigeria's History by VICTORCIZA(m): 1:31pm On Jul 21, 2014
To me Awo is a mass murderer, the starvation policy he introduced during biafra war lead to the death of million biafra children!. i have never wish him well and i will never wish him well. it is very good that he committed suicide, he don't deserve to live. He is a coup plotter who rather than face second imprisonment decided to do it the coward way by drinking poison.
Awo may you never find peace in the world beyond.
may the soul of the innocent biafran children you starved to death cry against you for ever.
amen

mod please let nobody derail this thread

1 Like

Re: History 102 : The Unfortunate Role Of Awolowo In Nigeria's History by anago9010(m): 1:35pm On Jul 21, 2014
VICTORCIZA: To me Awo is a mass murderer, the starvation policy he introduced during biafra war lead to the death of million biafra children!. i have never which him well and i will never which him well. it is very good that he committed suicide, he don't deserve to live.
may the soul of biafrans children you starved to death cry against you for ever.
amen

illiterate bas.... tard, its spelt wish and not which. how I'm gonna school you in history, when your mustard seed size brain can't even go through the rigour of basic spellings. anyway no one in your cursed tribe both dead and alive can match awolowo shoe sole till the end of time. how about killing yourself Japanese pilot styled during ww2.

2 Likes

Re: History 102 : The Unfortunate Role Of Awolowo In Nigeria's History by T9ksy(m): 1:39pm On Jul 21, 2014
AlfaSeltzer: Awolowo is the embodiment of everything wrong with humanity. The jury is still out on whether the person was entirely human. He was evil personified. The highest post he achieved is minister in charge of genocide. But yorubas adore him. He is their demi-god. Tells you a lot about yoruba people.

And the ibos adore a man who led them into a suicidal war only to scamper to safety in the middle of the night abandoning them to the fate of those he claimed were committed to wiping their race, out. He sacrificed 3millions of them for his ulterior motive yet the ibos worship him.Tells a lot about the psyche of average ibo man.

5 Likes

Re: History 102 : The Unfortunate Role Of Awolowo In Nigeria's History by 0merta(m): 1:39pm On Jul 21, 2014
VICTORCIZA: To me Awo is a mass murderer, the starvation policy he introduced during biafra war lead to the death of million biafra children!. i have never which him well and i will never which him well. it is very good that he committed suicide, he don't deserve to live.
may the soul of biafrans children you starved to death cry against you for ever.
amen

No be only "Which", na "Winch"...Olodo like you!

You see your Life? While Awolowo was busy imbuing We Yorubas with free, compulsory, qualitative education, your Leaders were eating bush meat, drinking fresh palm wine and fuckin' cheap Prostitutes!

Id!ot, is it logical or rational to feed One's enemies?

“All is fair in love and war” ― Francis Edward Smedley

3 Likes

Re: History 102 : The Unfortunate Role Of Awolowo In Nigeria's History by EMMASON125: 1:44pm On Jul 21, 2014
Pa Awolowo is a tribal bigot.
Re: History 102 : The Unfortunate Role Of Awolowo In Nigeria's History by 0merta(m): 1:46pm On Jul 21, 2014
T9ksy:

And the ibos adore a man who led them into a suicidal war only to scamper to safety in the middle of the night abandoning them to the fate of those he claimed were committed to wiping their race, out. He sacrificed 3millions of them for his ulterior motive yet the ibos worship him.Tells a lot about the psyche of average ibo man.

You forgot to add that he was dressed like a Harlot before fleeing for his "dear" Life...after leading innocent Folks to untimely deaths!

Ojukwu aptly defined the word "Cowardice"...

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

LOL Aregbesola Distrubte Odourless Fufu ,while Omisore Dashes Out Bag Of RICE / Tuface Just Lost His Title Formal EFCC Boss Ribadu / The Man - Akinwunmi Ambode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.