Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

Nigeria On Fire Boko Haram Attacks Power Station In Maiduguri Leaves - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria On Fire Boko Haram Attacks Power Station In Maiduguri Leaves (1420 Views)

President Jonathan Commissions Phase 1 504MW Alaoji Power Station, In Abia- Pics / Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta / Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria On Fire Boko Haram Attacks Power Station In Maiduguri Leaves by nairalandbabe: 9:53am On Jul 21, 2014
For three weeks running, Maiduguri, the Borno State capital, and its neighbourhoods have been plunged into total darkness following the reported damaging of major electricity installments around Damboa town by Boko Haram terrorists, security sources said.
For about 21 days now, the entire city of Maiduguri has not enjoyed electricity coming from the national grid.

A military person who spoke to Leadership in Maiduguri confirmed that the Boko Haram insurgents had detonated bombs that affected the high-tension installations around Damboa and has since left the about two million residents of Maiduguri in total blackout.
Many residents now have to depend on power plants while major business outfits and even government offices depend solely on generators throughout the days.
The power outage has since caused residents some serious economic hardship as most businesses that depend on electricity now hike the prices of their products.
Many households that used to depend on the few hours of electricity supply from the national grid to produce their iced blocks needed for the Ramadan fasting period now have to buy from hawkers at expensive prices.
“We now buy iced sachet water for N25 but before it used to be sold for N10 each or, in some cases, two sachets of iced block for N15,” said Bashir Mustapha, a resident of Maiduguri.
Boko Haram has, in the past three years, vandalized public infrastructure like telecommunication masts that had hitherto cut off various parts of Borno State from the rest of the world. The group had also used bombs and fire to destroy schools, hospitals, police offices, barracks and even cratering of roads. Their most recent attack on public infrastructure was the bombing of an ultra-modern drilling rig procured by Borno State at the cost of over N300 million at the site where it was mobilized to drill water for rural dwellers of the northern part of Borno State.
Source: Leadership Newspaper CLICK HERE TO READ MORE NEWS http://xmoentertainment..com/2014/07/nigeria-on-fire-boko-haram-attacks.html

Re: Nigeria On Fire Boko Haram Attacks Power Station In Maiduguri Leaves by danot1030: 10:09am On Jul 21, 2014
Our military men have been deployed for special electoral training in preparation for August 9th Osun State guber election, so the Boko boys are free to take over anywhere in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria On Fire Boko Haram Attacks Power Station In Maiduguri Leaves by delishpot: 10:17am On Jul 21, 2014
Dem dey against light too?
Re: Nigeria On Fire Boko Haram Attacks Power Station In Maiduguri Leaves by Beaf1: 11:15am On Jul 21, 2014
It seems these guys are having a filled day as our wicked leaders are now focused on impeachments and 2015 elections.
Re: Nigeria On Fire Boko Haram Attacks Power Station In Maiduguri Leaves by Nobody: 11:26am On Jul 21, 2014
I dnt know. What's taking the military too long to launch offensive and recapture demboa
Re: Nigeria On Fire Boko Haram Attacks Power Station In Maiduguri Leaves by hakku: 1:16pm On Jul 21, 2014
#bringbackourlight
Re: Nigeria On Fire Boko Haram Attacks Power Station In Maiduguri Leaves by Ellidude(m): 1:23pm On Jul 21, 2014
I feel sorry for the masses in that state.
Re: Nigeria On Fire Boko Haram Attacks Power Station In Maiduguri Leaves by danot1030: 1:28pm On Jul 21, 2014
Ibnsultan: I dnt know. What's taking the military too long to launch offensive and recapture demboa
unna military ehn, they are cowards, they are only best to harass the defenceless civilian, they are mere political stooge. Thank God they can't trace me even if they read my post.
Re: Nigeria On Fire Boko Haram Attacks Power Station In Maiduguri Leaves by Willy1willy: 1:29pm On Jul 21, 2014
I'm laughing and happy
Re: Nigeria On Fire Boko Haram Attacks Power Station In Maiduguri Leaves by jieta: 3:12pm On Jul 21, 2014
nigeria is finish
Re: Nigeria On Fire Boko Haram Attacks Power Station In Maiduguri Leaves by Demdem(m): 3:15pm On Jul 21, 2014
And yet Jonathan will tell me that this state is under emergency.
Re: Nigeria On Fire Boko Haram Attacks Power Station In Maiduguri Leaves by revolt(m): 3:18pm On Jul 21, 2014
Borno never see anything... the blood of innocent ppl, from maitatsine, to nyamiri, to 1956 census pogroms will have it's fill.
Re: Nigeria On Fire Boko Haram Attacks Power Station In Maiduguri Leaves by MaziOmenuko: 4:03pm On Jul 21, 2014
Ibnsultan: I dnt know. What's taking the military too long to launch offensive and recapture demboa

So its the truth that boko haram has a section of this country under siege? This is serious!

(1) (Reply)

Federal Government Launches 10,000 Mortgages For Affordable Housing Units / How To Apply For FG’s Recently Launched Mortgage Scheme / White Man Becomes President In Africa-First Of Its Kind!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.