Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,264 members, 7,780,595 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:10 PM

Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats - Properties (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats (59719 Views)

DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] / A 5bedroom Bungalow On 5plots Of Land In Osogbo / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by twinskenny(m): 8:44pm On Sep 10, 2015
kkonsults:
lintel formwork

baba been a while.. how is the job going
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 12:01pm On Sep 11, 2015
twinskenny:

baba been a while.. how is the job going
work is fine sir, Alhamdulilai.... sure you are doing great.
K.
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by airsaylongcon: 12:51pm On Sep 11, 2015
airsaylongcon:
Just out of curiosity how many days elapsed between pouring the concrete floor and laying if the blocks on top of d floor?

Am I gonna get this answered?
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 12:40pm On Sep 13, 2015
airsaylongcon:

Am I gonna get this answered?
took a while..
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 12:49pm On Sep 13, 2015
KKONSULTS
design & construction
kkonsult0@yahoo.co
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by airsaylongcon: 5:38pm On Sep 13, 2015
kkonsults:
took a while..
A while as in? How many days?
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by topsy23: 5:42pm On Sep 13, 2015
airsaylongcon:

I believe after a week you should be ready to start your block work
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by airsaylongcon: 6:01pm On Sep 13, 2015
topsy23:

I believe after a week you should be ready to start your block work
I'm still waiting for kkonsults to respond.
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 11:08am On Sep 14, 2015

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by nelsonB: 12:16am On Sep 15, 2015
Plls guys help me out pls, how many block can I get from 1 trip of sand giving 30 blocks per bag of cement.
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by airsaylongcon: 12:31am On Sep 15, 2015
airsaylongcon :
Just out of curiosity how many days elapsed between pouring the concrete floor and laying if the blocks on top of d floor?

I guess this question is not going to be answered. Building standards state that concrete reaches 98% of it's strength after 29 days. In the UK this is extended to 42 days minimum. The standards also clearly state that NO Work can be done on the concrete until it reaches its maximum strength. "took a while..." Or "after a week" clearly indicates a lack of knowledge of these standards.
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by Nobody: 12:33am On Sep 15, 2015
airsaylongcon:

I guess this question is not going to be answered. Building standards state that concrete reaches 98% of fish it's strength after 29 days. In the UK this is extended to 42 days minimum. The standards also clearly state that NO Work can be done on the concrete until it reaches its maximum strength. "took a while..." Or "after a week" clearly indicates a lack of knowledge of these standards.
Please [abeg] and please lend me 2 mins of your time and 50kb of you data and kindly vote for me here https://mobile.twitter.com/runzlord/status/639602054546255872?p=v
The link to the voting page is in that status, cos I can't post the link directly on Nairaland due to Nairaland restrictions. Thank you very much.

It a a palm selfie contest by samsung.
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 6:56pm On Sep 16, 2015
Good day
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 12:37am On Sep 25, 2015
picture updates

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 12:52am On Sep 25, 2015
picture updates

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 1:00am On Sep 25, 2015

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 7:08pm On Sep 25, 2015
Happy Eid celebrations...
Kkonsults.
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 10:18am On Sep 27, 2015
kkonsults:
picture updates

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 10:22am On Sep 27, 2015
up next is the decking
happy weekend
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 7:09pm On Sep 30, 2015
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by kkonsults: 6:51pm On Oct 14, 2015
Good day.
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by smiley001(m): 10:06pm On Oct 14, 2015
kkonsults:
Good day.
Weldone and keep it up sir.

incase u need me, my signature says it all sir.
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by nigeriancuban: 10:35pm On Oct 14, 2015
airsaylongcon:

curing should be a minimum of 21 days for concrete or a little less for beams and lintels
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by nigeriancuban: 10:38pm On Oct 14, 2015
kkonsults:

Thnks
Filling the foundation next step
learn to use skilled engineering terms ,there is no aivh thing as "filling the foundation"

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by airsaylongcon: 10:39pm On Oct 14, 2015
nigeriancuban:
curing should be a minimum of 21 days for concrete or a little less for beams and lintels

Thank you! Someone here said 7 days. I asked cos I wanted to know how long the OP waited for the concrete to cure. The books I read said 28 days though. But I will be fine with at least 21 days for either decking or lintels and beams
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by nigeriancuban: 10:39pm On Oct 14, 2015
ebony202000:
Still waiting for the cost of the decking please.
cost varies an it depends on the specifications you want,I doubt if your deck size is also similar too
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by nigeriancuban: 10:40pm On Oct 14, 2015
kkonsults:
filling
has it been rammed yet?
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by airsaylongcon: 10:42pm On Oct 14, 2015
nigeriancuban:
cost varies an it depends on the specifications you want,I doubt if your deck size is also similar too

At last, an engineering professional! Now I'm forced to follow you
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by nigeriancuban: 10:48pm On Oct 14, 2015
airsaylongcon:

Thank you! Someone here said 7 days. I asked cos I wanted to know how long the OP waited for the concrete to cure. The books I read said 28 days though. But I will be fine with at least 21 days for either decking or lintels and beams
7 what?? hmm,some engrs can be way too wackoo,no wonder they go around building cracks around ,concrete expands during curing and without a firm grip on the reinforcement the desired strength will not be attained..
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by nigeriancuban: 10:55pm On Oct 14, 2015
airsaylongcon:

At last, an engineering professional! Now I'm forced to follow you
thanks for that compliment but like every other profession,we aren't perfect but at least one have to study in school to become something better,most of these cut and nail engineers neither went to college nor even acquired any degree and you can see the damages a lot of the so call renouned bricklayers have caused in the name of proving to be experts
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by airsaylongcon: 10:56pm On Oct 14, 2015
nigeriancuban:
7 what?? hmm,some engrs can be way too wackoo,no wonder they go around building cracks around ,concrete expands during curing and without a firm grip on the reinforcement the desired strength will not be attained..

Go through the thread na. I've seen work commence on a decking 24 hours after it was cast! PS: I am a computing grad o. But I had to hunt books on building to get up to speed.

I had always wondered why buildings built in the 80s and before were always orthogonal but not today's buildings. JB and Cappa built straight structures but not locals. Spoke with a Civil engineer and he complained of material quality and I said the more reason we should wait longer for concrete to cure! These days they just use POP to get a straight look with faulty underlying structures.

The wood we use to build today sef is terrible! I always thought that engineered wood (plywood) was that standard for formwork
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats by mufutau55(m): 12:58am On Oct 15, 2015
airsaylongcon:

Go through the thread na. I've seen work commence on a decking 24 hours after it was cast! PS: I am a computing grad o. But I had to hunt books on building to get up to speed.

On what thread have you seen any Builder commencing block work after 24 hours of decking... Please point us to one of the specific thread.

Hajji M.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Roofing sheets: Cost Of Roofing With Stone Coated Tiles In Nigeria best type / Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos / Cement, Sand And Granite (concrete) Mix Explained

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.