Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,505 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:46 PM

Don't I Deserve Compensation For Giving You(gsm Company) My Epl Proposal? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Don't I Deserve Compensation For Giving You(gsm Company) My Epl Proposal? (919 Views)

I Want A Shareholder For My New Company; My Girlfriend Or Brother / Take A Step, Take What I Am Giving You, You Will Never Regret / Factory Related Injury And Employee Compensation Under Nigerian Law By Ewere Odi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't I Deserve Compensation For Giving You(gsm Company) My Epl Proposal? by Jcurtis: 11:03am On Jul 21, 2014
Hello everyone,

I would like you honorable members of Naira-land forum to please jugde this matter.Next month the matter will be exactly five years old and if i do not act legally on it before 31st August,i will lose the right to sue after wards.

So as you patiently read this lengthy story,i want you to be as fair as you can in your assessment and judgment as evident by your comments.The story goes:

On August 12,2009 ,i sent one of the newest GSM company in Nigeria an email through their customer care email address.The title of the email was:'Please go there part I'.The email was very short and was basically a suggestion encouraging the GSM company to sponsor the English Premier League on Hitv satellite.

Swiftly the GSM company replied my email.They thanked me for taking time out to contact them.Then they added:'PLEASE FORWARD A PROPOSAL ABOUT THIS INQUIRY TO OUR HEAD OFFICE ADDRESS LOCATED AT...............'.. That week they launched the first ever English premier league marketing idea in Nigeria,dubbed:PLAYBALL.They started sponsorship of the EPL on Hitv satellite commencing with the very first match of the 2009/2010 EPL season.

I was surprised at the reply and request because i was not expecting any.Anyway i didn't send any proposal.I just ignored the request.

Later that night when i sent the part 2,of the first email they replied with the same request.I still ignored it.Between this date and August 24th,i sent some more suggestions that where not about the English Premier League.

On 24th August i sent another better advertising idea on using the EPL to attract subscribers to the GSM network.The company liked my suggestion and swiftly replied with a third request for my proposal using the same wordings as the first two requests.I just ignored the requests.

When i sent the final part of this email,(because the mobile phone i was using to send the emails only allows a maximum of 120characters)
the GSM company also replied me with a fourth,final and different request for my proposal.Unlike the first three requests that had the same wordings,this fourth request reads:

'WE AT ********THANK YOU FOR TAKING THIS TIME OUT TO CONTACT US.OUR GOAL IS TO PROVIDE YOU WITH WORLD CLASS TELECOM SERVICES.
SENDING YOUR IDEAS IN BITS AND PIECES WILL NOT ACHIEVE THE CONCRETE EFFECT DESIRED.PLEASE FORWARD A DETAILED PROPOSAL ABOUT THIS INQUIRY TO OUR HEAD OFFICE AND YOU WILL BE CONTACTED IF THERE IS NEED FOR YOUR SERVICES.........'.

When i got this email FOURTH request i became VERY excited and really interested in sending the proposal as requested.Quickly i emailed them back and told them that i would send the proposal within a short time.And i did.I wrote the proposal from August 24 to August 29,edited it and finally on August 31,2009,somewhere around 12pm i sent the proposal to the GSM company via email.They acknowledge the receipt of the proposal.They promised to contact me.

The title of the proposal was:TM1-THE ENGLISH PREMEIR LEAGUE.It was addressed to the chief marketing officer and it was 11page long.Well i waited for our dear most innovative GSM company to contact me.THEY DIDN'T.

INSTEAD THEY UPGRADED PLAYBALL advertising concept to MY CLUB PREMIERSHIP AND MY CLUB TRIVIA in the month of September 2009, ahighly sophisticated and very comprehensive English premeir league advertising concepts nation wide.Everything in my proposal was just out in the public in new adverts by the same company that asked me for it.They published this new adverts all over the national dailies,radio,tv and even on their website.I was not aware of all of this new advert releases by the GSM company until a friend pointed it to my attention in the third week of September, that my proposal and its content was been put to full use by the company without even contacting me.

Quickly i sent them an email in October 2009 to remind them of their promise to contact me,but they didn't reply me.They ignored all my emails from that month and even my letters of complaints of illegal use of my English premier league proposal without permission to, March 2011 when my lawyer finally wrote them.They replied his letter dated February 18 2011 and claimed absolute ignorance of my missing EPL proposal and my complaints of illegal use by the company.They asked my lawyer to refrain from any legal action as threaten,so that they could investigate the matter and get back to the lawyer.

We waited for them till April ending and nothing was forthcoming,so my lawyer now wrote another letter to them threatening legal action in 14days time if the company does not pay N50million in compensation.In the first week of June,the company replied our 2nd letter and emphatically denied ever requesting for my proposal.They said my proposal was unsolicited for and that they do not use unsolicited proposals.They also said that as an ethical company,they normally got in touch with authors before they use their work if they find it useful.

Well to be honest with you guys, their official position smacked off stupidity in modern day life.We laughed at the language they used :'that my proposal was unsolicited for'.Were as i had and still have four of their emails sent to me sitting pretty tight in my inbox from the same company that read "please forward a proposal about this inquiry to........''.

Anyway what the company was saying was that they were not ready to compensate me for using my idea illegally to make name,fame and money.From the moment the company jumped into the EPL market,everything changed for them.

NOW because the matter will be five years next month,and i want to do all i can to go to court before i lose my right to sue,i decided to come out on Naira land forum,to ask you guys whether i deserve compensation from the GSM company?

I spent N1200 to get the proposal ready and sent to them.Even though i acted as a novice in sending it via email,i still sent it as requested thinking they would be honorable enough not to steal the proposal altogether.

When i went to their head office at kingsway ikoyi to complain about the matter,the receptionist blocked me.My request to speak with a top official fell on deaf ears.So i got angry and started venting my mind.In the process the receptionist also lost her cool and unwitting told me that someone inside the GSM COMPANY 'intercepted' my proposal along the way and 'converted' it to his,'repackaged' it and presented it to his company as his own.That was what the receptionist at the most innovative GSM COMPANY IN NIGERIA TOLD ME ON NOVEMBER 23,2010.

I told her that i didnt care.The company asked me for my proposal through their official channel and also sent it through their official channel.So her excuse held no water.Till date the company has not bothered to revisit the matter.They calculate that i am a poor dude who cant mop up enough cash to file a N50million lawsuit against them in court.Which in a way is true.I have been sick with insomnia since October 2008.Stopped working as a teacher in one of the best private schools in EDO STATE in May 2009,as a result of chronic insomnia,which still afflicts me till date.So since i didnt want to stress myself working securely,because of sleeplessly and the stress it generates,i decided to stop start a freelance marketing and writing business.So i am not buoyant enough to sue for great amounts in court.

But i will head to court soon.I spent N1200 to make that proposal.I also expected them to value the worth of the proposal and made me an offer before they went ahead to use it.Right now,since two issues are involved,i am heading to court to address the first issue, which is demand for my out of pocket cost of N1200 since the company believes i don't deserve a compensation for the good i did for them.

So for the honorable members of this forum who have taken the time and patience to read this story,my question to you is:DO I DESERVE COMPENSATION FROM A COMPANY THAT ASKED FOR MY PROPOSAL 4TIMES ,USED IT ILLEGALLY AND REFUSED TO PAY?What would you do if you were in my position?should i forget the issue altogether?

Please be fair in your comment.
Thank you
Curtisej
[/b][b]

1 Like

Re: Don't I Deserve Compensation For Giving You(gsm Company) My Epl Proposal? by KAYCEEJUNIOR(m): 12:51pm On Jul 21, 2014
Dude that's your right.. ..probably, your dream to stardom......better start the proceeding now, sue, resue until you are ensure that they pay you, if only your case is legally binded, print all the hard copys of your mails to them and the mails they sent to you, directly from your mail, with its date before they hack your account and delete it.
Which you all the best in your fight, by the way you sounded so marketable, am seeking for a finance to start up a service business, I could like you to drop your contact for consultancy incase if it clicks.
Re: Don't I Deserve Compensation For Giving You(gsm Company) My Epl Proposal? by tryanzer(m): 7:02pm On Jul 21, 2014
You are on the right track.
U have nothing to lose
Re: Don't I Deserve Compensation For Giving You(gsm Company) My Epl Proposal? by blessedjohn: 7:44pm On Jul 21, 2014
bro, you've waited for to long. you better act now!
Re: Don't I Deserve Compensation For Giving You(gsm Company) My Epl Proposal? by olisadon: 3:43am On Jul 22, 2014
Op ,you made the mistake and i doubt if you will get any thing,next time ensure that these people sign a non disclosure agreement before you give out your idea
Re: Don't I Deserve Compensation For Giving You(gsm Company) My Epl Proposal? by blackprowler: 8:25am On Jul 22, 2014
My dear OP, welcome to Nigeria. I tell you, Nigerians don't know why this country is so bad and backward. We're just deceiving ourselves. The country is in this situation because the people are bad. My own experience was first in 1999. Bill gates, Branson, the Apple man I've forgotten his name, and all other First World billionaire entrepreneurs would be abject failures if they were to have been born and living in Nigeria with their mindset. Nigeria is bad because majority of its people are bad. Recently I had to travel to Ibadan after a university asked for me after I sent them a proposal on a product I wanted to install on their premises. All the info was already in the proposal but after I got there, I heard the man telling me foolishly how he'd tried to get their contractor to know about it (clearly so that they would do same as they did to you). Sadly for them, their man never heard of it. Yet I wasn't patronised. Why call me to travel over, waste money, risk my life and limbs, only to hear that? And such an attitude sits well with a human being's conscience? I'm sorry for this country. It would take only a change of heart of the Nigerian people to save them from themselves. Our problem isn't president, governors, elite etc etc. Our problem is we're bad people and it is one of us bad people that gets to be president, governor etc

1 Like

Re: Don't I Deserve Compensation For Giving You(gsm Company) My Epl Proposal? by Chibenze(m): 10:04am On Jul 22, 2014
blackprowler: My dear OP, welcome to Nigeria. I tell you, Nigerians don't know why this country is so bad and backward. We're just deceiving ourselves. The country is in this situation because the people are bad. My own experience was first in 1999. Bill gates, Branson, the Apple man I've forgotten his name, and all other First World billionaire entrepreneurs would be abject failures if they were to have been born and living in Nigeria with their mindset. Nigeria is bad because majority of its people are bad. Recently I had to travel to Ibadan after a university asked for me after I sent them a proposal on a product I wanted to install on their premises. All the info was already in the proposal but after I got there, I heard the man telling me foolishly how he'd tried to get their contractor to know about it (clearly so that they would do same as they did to you). Sadly for them, their man never heard of it. Yet I wasn't patronised. Why call me to travel over, waste money, risk my life and limbs, only to hear that? And such an attitude sits well with a human being's conscience? I'm sorry for this country. It would take only a change of heart of the Nigerian people to save them from themselves. Our problem isn't president, governors, elite etc etc. Our problem is we're bad people and it is one of us bad people that gets to be president, governor etc
no brother, please dnt have such a mentality for our country generally, thier are many good people in nigeria, maybe u have not met them, nigeria is a great country filled with good and caring individuals, just that the bad eggs are dominating, nigeria have great men and women who are changing the world positivily, filled with passion, determination, a love for man kind, too bad it is only the evil expect we see every day on the internet, many good things are going on bro, you and i can change the country, it all start from us (individually). Start thinking how to make a change in Nigeria and you will start seing positive change happening in our society/nation. If you hate ur country how do you expect change in our sociaty and the world. I love my country Nigeria, am proud to be a nigeria and i working to make my country better, what about you?
Re: Don't I Deserve Compensation For Giving You(gsm Company) My Epl Proposal? by Chibenze(m): 10:10am On Jul 22, 2014
no brother, please dnt have such a mentality for our country generally, thier are many good people in nigeria, maybe u have not met them, nigeria is a great country filled with good and caring individuals, just that the bad eggs are dominating, nigeria have great men and women who are changing the world positivily, filled with passion, determination, a love for man kind, too bad it is only the evil expect we see every day on the internet, many good things are going on bro, you and i can change the country, it all start from us (individually). Start thinking how to make a change in Nigeria and you will start seing positive change happening in our society/nation. If you hate ur country how do you expect change in our sociaty and the world. I love my country Nigeria, am proud to be a nigeria and i working to make my country better, what about you?
Re: Don't I Deserve Compensation For Giving You(gsm Company) My Epl Proposal? by blackprowler: 12:39pm On Jul 22, 2014
Chibenze: no brother, please dnt have such a mentality for our country generally, thier are many good people in nigeria, maybe u have not met them, nigeria is a great country filled with good and caring individuals, just that the bad eggs are dominating, nigeria have great men and women who are changing the world positivily, filled with passion, determination, a love for man kind, too bad it is only the evil expect we see every day on the internet, many good things are going on bro, you and i can change the country, it all start from us (individually). Start thinking how to make a change in Nigeria and you will start seing positive change happening in our society/nation. If you hate ur country how do you expect change in our sociaty and the world. I love my country Nigeria, am proud to be a nigeria and i working to make my country better, what about you?

Thank you, but sorry, I no be ya mate, at all. Google my name for small info. I am a Nigerian too, living in Nigeria and I'm not as described. Don't go round admonishing others so easily. One may well be your former teacher. It's the internet you know. Sorry for coming down hard on you
Re: Don't I Deserve Compensation For Giving You(gsm Company) My Epl Proposal? by blackprowler: 12:46pm On Jul 22, 2014
Chibenze: no brother, please dnt have such a mentality for our country generally, thier are many good people in nigeria, maybe u have not met them, nigeria is a great country filled with good and caring individuals, just that the bad eggs are dominating, nigeria have great men and women who are changing the world positivily, filled with passion, determination, a love for man kind, too bad it is only the evil expect we see every day on the internet, many good things are going on bro, you and i can change the country, it all start from us (individually). Start thinking how to make a change in Nigeria and you will start seing positive change happening in our society/nation. If you hate ur country how do you expect change in our sociaty and the world. I love my country Nigeria, am proud to be a nigeria and i working to make my country better, what about you?

Sorry, don't google my name. I'm not using my name here. But be assured I'm one of the most aware people participating in discussions about this country and in contact with many of our leading elite on twitter. I've advised Ezekwesili, Dele Momodu and others so that they got angry and unfollowed me. I've held discussions with some physically
Re: Don't I Deserve Compensation For Giving You(gsm Company) My Epl Proposal? by Chibenze(m): 1:45pm On Jul 22, 2014
blackprowler:

Thank you, but sorry, I no be ya mate, at all. Google my name for small info. I am a Nigerian too, living in Nigeria and I'm not as described. Don't go round admonishing others so easily. One may well be your former teacher. It's the internet you know. Sorry for coming down hard on you
am sorry sir, i never had any intension to insult you, properly u misunderstood my post, pls accept my apologies
Re: Don't I Deserve Compensation For Giving You(gsm Company) My Epl Proposal? by blackprowler: 2:30am On Jul 23, 2014
Chibenze: am sorry sir, i never had any intension to insult you, properly u misunderstood my post, pls accept my apologies

I feel bad for talking to you like this. You're probably one of us, the endangered species of decent people in Nigeria. Pls also accept my apologies
Re: Don't I Deserve Compensation For Giving You(gsm Company) My Epl Proposal? by tollu: 3:30am On Jul 23, 2014
Your first four mails were probably responded to my customer care representatives and most likely never even left the Customer Relations Department. So if this is part of your file for claims, you might want to restrategize.

To be honest with you, no idea is new and these things were probably in the works even way before you submitted your proposal. Now I'm not sure how these legal proceedings work but if you're looking to make a quick buck here, it might not turn out the way you hope.
So my dear, dust you ideas box, take this as par for the course and protect yourself next time.
Re: Don't I Deserve Compensation For Giving You(gsm Company) My Epl Proposal? by Chibenze(m): 8:21am On Jul 23, 2014
blackprowler:

I feel bad for talking to you like this. You're probably one of us, the endangered species of decent people in Nigeria. Pls also accept my apologies
thank you sir. Ur welcome
Re: Don't I Deserve Compensation For Giving You(gsm Company) My Epl Proposal? by Jcurtis: 9:45am On Jul 23, 2014
To all of you that read this post,and made important comments,i just want to say thank you.

(1) (Reply)

What Can You Do With N1,000,000? / Forex Trainer Needs N10m For Surgery / The Working Principle Of Oil Fired Steam Boiler Safety Valve

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.