Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

Some Highly Publicised Hiphop/rap Battles (beef) N D Winners (personal Opinion) - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Some Highly Publicised Hiphop/rap Battles (beef) N D Winners (personal Opinion) (1008 Views)

Christian Hiphop/rap Chat Room / 2face Idibia Ft. Dammy Krane & Rocksteady - Omo No Dulling [O.N.D] / Hoodkid-naija's Newest Entrant In The Hiphop/rap Scene(download Here) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Highly Publicised Hiphop/rap Battles (beef) N D Winners (personal Opinion) by rigarmortis: 12:01pm On Jul 21, 2014
Canibus vs LL cool j.....canibus wins

Canibus killed LL cool j several times over on the rack 2nd round knock out, compared to LL cool j’s 4,3,2,1, we can safely say that canibus won the lyrical battle, though his career suffered when he enlisted in the US army while LLcool j went ahead and sold platinum copies of his albums, considering the the beef songs side by side, canbus killed thins niqqa dead.

Fifty cent vs rick ross....fifty cent wins, landslide flawless victory.

Rick ross came into the rap game with his thug-mafia boss, gang member, uber drug pusher persona, he started off the beef with 50, trying to climb up via the beef, but he made a mistake, forget the current 50, listen to his mixtapes and his debut album, 50cent is dope sire, maybe not as lyrical as the best but he is a master of the gansta-thug rap genre.
He exposed rick ross to the world, bursting his bubble several times, ross started with mafia music “Curtis Jackson baby mama/i aint asking for a cent line. 50 replied with “officer ricky” and finished rick ross with that single track, he released officer ricky cartoons and the rest and shut rick ross up for good, ricky was later seeking to retract the beef when it was exposed that he had no gang affiliations, was a former correctional/prison officer and never sold drugs on the street like he claim...in other words rick ross is a fraud, 50 even brought his baby mama to make a video to confirm that ross is indeed a former cop and not as rich as he seemed, she claimed he hasn’t been paying child support when due.
If not that ross was wise enough to shut up, it would have cost him his career.

50cent vs jarule......50 cent wins flawless landlside victory

Fifty claim jarule is a fugazi, he was robbed in a night club of his chain and couldn’t do anything despite his tough guy attitude, jarule blames fifty for the robbery and thats how it all started, jarule on the other hand claims 50 is just jealous, however, whatever the cause 50 killed this guy’s career, in his debut album, all the tracks dedicated to the beef TOTALLY killed jarule and buried him. Jarules responses were too weak and he tried to put on 2pacs persona, a person who he cant fill his baby shoes.

Dr dre/snoop dogg vs easy e.........dre/snoop wins

Not much to say on this, just listen to fvkcing wit dre day diss song, its self explanatory. Real mutherfukcing g-s in like a Sunday school song compared to that.....nothing else to say

Jay z vs nas..........jay z wins with a slight margin

Before we start lemme quickly say that i am a huge nas fan, from illmatic to untitled (niqq3r), but truth be told, jay nailed this beef, nas’ major diss track is ether, i wonder why ppl say nas killed jay completely in ether when the track is lyrically impotent and only made snide remarks about jay’s appearance, big nose and big lips, that is real wack to me, listen to canibus’ 2nd round knockout, dr dres f===king with dre day or even 300 bars mixtape song and have an idea of how its done, Nas is one of the best but diss tracks is not one of this strong points. He also made mention of jay z being rich....really...whats the point of selling records then?........he should have given out his records for free? Jay on the other released the takeover......”god mc, you aint ready for war/ r.o.c too strong for yall/ its like bringing a knife to a gun fight............chest in line of fire with your thin a55 vest...very dope lines.......nas never accused jay of being fake......he only insinuated that jay “sold out”...meaning he wasn’t real.....but that is being economical with the truth.
The thing is, jay is just too good, lyrically he is dhope...listen to any track from reasonable doubt...d’evil, where i am from, brooklyns finest, history , he uses multiple producers, he is the master of the flow in the rap game..listen to 99 problems, change clothes and big pimping, lyrical exercise...he is also a good story teller...meet the parents, hard knock life etc....a rebel...blue magic, 99 problems, he pushes the boundary of hiphop while stcicking to the scripts and not compromising on lyrical content, eg guns n roses, encore. Jay z is dhope, so how did nas ever kill him, nas is just a good story teller, apart from illmatic, i am..and maybe stillmatic nas doesn’t have any other classic, all jays albums are potential classics.
Back to the beef, jay experienced everything he wrote down, he sold drugs and all that, he accused nas in “the take over” of scribbling in his notepad and creating his life.......which is true..what is nas’ response?..nada......ok he dropped radio version “stillmatic and h to the omo” but thats all, no real studio track strong enough, pls just listen to jays takeover again and then ether and decide, ppl sided with nas cos he was like the UNDERDOG..and remember people always side with the underdog.
The genesis of the beef, jay released the song, the city is mine and nas took offense, someone strong enough to do that, and bold enough is one step ahead, nas released...wait for it.....we will survive!....that cements his inferior feeling, talking about radio freestyles, jay z released the super ugly which kills h to the omo, infact he even had to apologise cos the track made his own mom angry! Since then jay has gone to release billboard topping, platinum selling singles and albums.
Ok, lets just say its a draw.

Benzino vs Eminem....eminem wins

Benzino chose the wrong person when he tried to bolster his career by attacking Eminem and turning the black/latino community against him.
Play pull ya skirt up and say what you say....the latter wins all day, the sauce and nail in the coffin further kills benzino, not to mention that the beef, forced him to resign from the source, pay fine for defamation, and killed his already weak rap career TOTALLY.

Eminem vs ICP.....eminem wins

I personally downloaded and listened to all icp tracks where Eminem was mentioned and i must say they are very weak jibes including the main one...slim anus, in contracts, every Eminem rhyme about icp has been insanely creative, check out marshal matters......

Nicki minaj vs lil kim....nicki wins

Miss kim tried to up her falling career by picking on nicki....dont ask me why you have not seen her on the billboards recently...just listen to nickis automatic.

NWA vs ice cube...ice cube wins

Fvkc whatever your heard and listen to no Vaseline.

EAST COAST/B.I.G/BAD BOY RECS VS WEST COAST/2PAC/DEATHROW
DRAW........thats what i would have said if 2pac didn’t change it all by releasing hit em up, which affect the world of rap, changed friendships, got him and his rival killed and redefined beef songs, the track is not even lyrically superior to biggies beef tracks like who shot ya, beef and other hidden diss songs, but pacs was too open and aggressive to ignore......winner is 2pac/west coast

Mention should also be made of kim/foxy b...which i think kim won slightly though foxy is lyrically better and has a mad flow, she made to many failed attempts at reconciliation.

Drake/common....drake kills a verse common ends beef

Common is a rap great, for him to have dised drizzy for no reason than to sell made me sick, drake sings a lot so ppl seem to forget this dudes lyrical abilities, just get his mixtape and take time to listen to his paly with words in most of his songs......a line directed at common went thus... "It bothers me when the gods get to acting like the broads." On sthe track, stay scheming.......this is both a prop and a diss at the same time...dont get it?...read again.

Ruggedman vs eedris/kennis music... is this even a beef, with the one sided diss songs..?....anyway...ruggedman wins sire

Remember that ruggedman redefined rap in Nigeria...like it or not.....i don’t really like his songs but give him respect, he sanitised the rap game in Nigeria and showed that rap could sell, he also single handedly wrecked eedris’ rap career, he would later take to singing.
One thing he also did which i consider epic is breaking the monopoly kennis music had on the niaja pop music scene, it was like if kennis didn’t sign you, forget about blowing, he broke their monopoly by well aimed diss lines and made the industry level.

Ruggedman vs mode nine.......modo wins

Need i say more?...i sh1t you not my good men, modo won this one....maybe he won the diss battle but lost the career war......maybe

Chocolate city/MI/Ice prince vs Kelly handsome/iceberg slim etc

the choc boys won every battle they engaged in, though ice prince is trash currently, he was ok in somebody wants to die and old diss songs aimed at other rivals

VECTOR VS REMINISCE....two w@nkers....who give a flying fvkc about them?....they are both painfully wack
Re: Some Highly Publicised Hiphop/rap Battles (beef) N D Winners (personal Opinion) by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 21, 2014
VECTOR VS REMINISCE....two w@nkers....who give a flying fvkc about them?....they are both painfully wack

[/quote]

i was nodding my head in accordance to everything u wrote but u just had to ruin it with this BS
Re: Some Highly Publicised Hiphop/rap Battles (beef) N D Winners (personal Opinion) by rigarmortis: 1:33pm On Jul 21, 2014
youmour:

bro you will agree with me that these guys are wack, no track worth mentioning in there arsenal

i was nodding my head in accordance to everything u wrote but u just had to ruin it with this BS
Re: Some Highly Publicised Hiphop/rap Battles (beef) N D Winners (personal Opinion) by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 21, 2014
Say Hov won nas slightly ? Dafuq ? Jay killed NAS....
"Four albums in 10 years nigga ? I could divide/That's one every, let's say, two/Two of 'em shit was doo/One was naahhh, the other was Illmatic/That's a one-hot-album-every-10-year average."

NICKI KILLED KIM, OH YEAH!!!!! KIM TRYNA RESUSCITATE HER DEAD CAREER BY DISSING NICKI BUT grin cheesy

P.S----- Jay Beef was for prodigy and nas
Re: Some Highly Publicised Hiphop/rap Battles (beef) N D Winners (personal Opinion) by AbuMikey(m): 7:01pm On Jul 21, 2014
puff puff pass
Re: Some Highly Publicised Hiphop/rap Battles (beef) N D Winners (personal Opinion) by ibrews: 7:26pm On Jul 21, 2014
i was enjoying ur write up until i got to vector and reminisce been wack
vector killed that nigga and vector is very dope!
Re: Some Highly Publicised Hiphop/rap Battles (beef) N D Winners (personal Opinion) by herald9: 8:03pm On Jul 21, 2014
Drake is really good...under rate him at your own peril...

Eminem is a god
Nas is a Legend
Jayz is a Mayor

I love to hear J.Cole diss too
Re: Some Highly Publicised Hiphop/rap Battles (beef) N D Winners (personal Opinion) by AbuMikey(m): 8:53pm On Jul 21, 2014
Drake dissed Macklemore and Ryan Lewis at the ESPY. .... shocked

Well, I'm waiting for Macklemore's reply sha grin
Re: Some Highly Publicised Hiphop/rap Battles (beef) N D Winners (personal Opinion) by lilmax(m): 12:54am On Jul 22, 2014
Eminem cool
Re: Some Highly Publicised Hiphop/rap Battles (beef) N D Winners (personal Opinion) by BabaEleko(m): 2:32am On Jul 22, 2014
You seem to be only one in the hip hop world that thinks Jay-z won. Wake up bro. Even Jay-z indirevtly admitted to taking the L years later. You also think Drake won Common! ? Common son! #CanadaDry trended worldwide after common dropped his verse. And Nicki Minaj won with Lil Kim?? Really Dude, u dont know what u talking bout. I wont be surprise if u think Lil Durk won the beed with Game. FOH with that bs.

1 Like

Re: Some Highly Publicised Hiphop/rap Battles (beef) N D Winners (personal Opinion) by rigarmortis: 8:04am On Jul 22, 2014
AbuMikey: Drake dissed Macklemore and Ryan Lewis at the ESPY. .... shocked

Well, I'm waiting for Macklemore's reply sha grin

macklemore is not a battle rapper, I doubt if he would reply
Re: Some Highly Publicised Hiphop/rap Battles (beef) N D Winners (personal Opinion) by rigarmortis: 8:20am On Jul 22, 2014
BabaEleko: You seem to be only one in the hip hop world that thinks Jay-z won. Wake up bro. Even Jay-z indirevtly admitted to taking the L years later. You also think Drake won Common! ? Common son! #CanadaDry trended worldwide after common dropped his verse. And Nicki Minaj won with Lil Kim?? Really Dude, u dont know what u talking bout. I wont be surprise if u think Lil Durk won the beed with Game. FOH with that bs.

my good man...jay won nas, nas only had few things to say and they were irrelevant.....big nose, big lips...that sh1t is wack man........did you listen to jays radio freestyles and nas'........jay...."next time you kiss your wife, you are sucking my d1kc"....epic lines, listen to takeover again. jay won the battle and won the war. nas only had public sympathy as the underdog with a sinking career.

about drake/common...I only said drake dropped that line and common ended the beef......fact

and nicki won kim.....kim came out with the you are copying me, so you gotta help me I help you ish and nicki came out with automatic....and went on to kill her in interviews.
Re: Some Highly Publicised Hiphop/rap Battles (beef) N D Winners (personal Opinion) by AbuMikey(m): 8:24am On Jul 22, 2014
rigarmortis:

macklemore is not a battle rapper, I doubt if he would reply

Macklemore might just surprise all of Us, You know wink

If he ever does shocked , I just pity for Drake gringrin
Re: Some Highly Publicised Hiphop/rap Battles (beef) N D Winners (personal Opinion) by rigarmortis: 8:25am On Jul 22, 2014
Jregz:

P.S----- Jay Beef was for prodigy and nas

yep.....nas, mobb deep, not just Prodigy, and "the other cats throwing shots at jigga"
Re: Some Highly Publicised Hiphop/rap Battles (beef) N D Winners (personal Opinion) by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 22, 2014
AbuMikey:

Macklemore might just surprise all of Us, You know wink

If he ever does shocked , I just pity for Drake gringrin
macklemore is not the type for diss. Even if he replies. It wont br d0pe
Re: Some Highly Publicised Hiphop/rap Battles (beef) N D Winners (personal Opinion) by AbuMikey(m): 10:01am On Jul 22, 2014
runzlord: macklemore is not the type for diss. Even if he replies. It wont br d0pe

Alright.

You never can tell.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Meet The 10 Most Gifted Nija Rappers In 2014 / [MUSIC] Psquare FT Drake – Untitled (snippet) / Tupac (2pac) Shakur Is Alive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.