Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,843 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

Why Mosquitoes Bite Some People But Not Others - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Mosquitoes Bite Some People But Not Others (644 Views)

Trying So Hard To Like Some Certain Set Of People But It Is Difficult / Why Do Some People Abandon Their Parents After Marriage? / Why Do Some People Fear Registry Wedding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Mosquitoes Bite Some People But Not Others by CharlesPhc: 1:14pm On Jul 21, 2014
About 1 out of every 5 people is an especially appealing target for hungry mosquitoes. But what factors determine who gets bitten? It's mostly about what's on your skin -- and they can hone in on you from about 50 yards away. Bacteria is especially seductive as well as the microbes that make up your body odor. Co2 is also attractive, the more you give off the more they like you. In general, larger people give more than smaller people, which is why mosquitoes bite adults more than kids. They're also drawn to movement and heat -- so if you're out in the park playing soccer, you're probably getting unwanted mosquito attention. Watch for more details and tips to be less tasty.

https://screen.yahoo.com/popular/why-mosquitoes-bite-people-not-040000608.html?vp=1
Re: Why Mosquitoes Bite Some People But Not Others by MARKone(m): 1:22pm On Jul 21, 2014
Ok

Re: Why Mosquitoes Bite Some People But Not Others by purplesummer(f): 1:55pm On Jul 21, 2014
I think it's the blood that attracts the mosquitoes. Mosquitoes can smell the blood in people with AA genotype from afar and it attracts them (i guess it's tastier or something.)
Re: Why Mosquitoes Bite Some People But Not Others by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 21, 2014
some folks skin are like Rubber. Mosquito go bite tire.

as for us wey get succulent skin wink, they smell us from afar.
Re: Why Mosquitoes Bite Some People But Not Others by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 21, 2014
Mosquitoes always like to leave everybody At the bunker and feast on me until one night I drank 1 part of otapia mixed with one giant cup of hot lipton(15 parts of beverage). Now when they sucked my blood and begin to die, they know say na one chance dey don enter.

(1) (Reply)

German Ethics Council Calls For Incest Between Siblings To Be Legalised / Children Exhumes A Baby's Dead Body While Playing On The Beach / What Will You Do If You Were The Husband??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.