Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,931 members, 7,806,694 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

Random Facts About Ebonyi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Random Facts About Ebonyi (33120 Views)

Pictures : Random Pictures Of The Nigerian Air-force / Oil Lesson101: 1st Oil Well In Nigeria! Ebonyi State! / Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 21, 2014
cheesy grin
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by psychologist(m): 6:43pm On Jul 21, 2014
Solupeace:
makwarama! I bu Onyibe so Oshiahu?
ibu onye okposi
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by majamajic(m): 6:45pm On Jul 21, 2014
Ebonyi try

Waiting to see anambra endless list.

...@ chino over to u
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by SalC: 6:45pm On Jul 21, 2014
I once visited Okposi and spent few weeks in the late igwe B O agwu's compound, I was told the green snake will come and welcome me that I shouldn't kill it shocked shocked shocked greet? Welcome? A snake? shocked. Thank God it didn't come till I left. Or maybe they were merely trying to scare me embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by vanndubi: 6:51pm On Jul 21, 2014
Dr. Akanu Ibiam was so fulfilled that he built his own tomb while he was alive! So, straight-forward that I have not seen a Nigerian (to date) that can fit into his shoe

8 Likes

Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by Ihuomadinihu: 6:53pm On Jul 21, 2014
Are Ebonyi and Abia related? I think so,similar culture and dialect. Parts of Ebonyi was created out of Abia.

4 Likes

Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by 0merta(m): 6:54pm On Jul 21, 2014
Along with states like Zamfara, Jigawa and Yobe, Ebonyi is also ranked by the Federal Ministry of Education as an Educationally Less developed State (ELDS) and therefore, Indigenes of the state require lesser marks to get admitted into Federal Universities, other Federal higher institutions and Unity Schools...

That's a fact too! grin grin grin
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by jericco1(m): 6:58pm On Jul 21, 2014
I don't even understand any of this, are these the random facts of the state or they're just list of prominent people from Ebonyi?

1 Like

Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by seguntheblogger: 6:58pm On Jul 21, 2014
Protect Yourself from Online Money Scams?Check If the Company is Legal or Not?

https://www.nairaland.com/1822924/protect-yourself-online-money-scams
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by kelnas(m): 6:58pm On Jul 21, 2014
front sit booked.
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by Smartsyn(m): 7:00pm On Jul 21, 2014
Ebonyi State, one of the less discussed State in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by shevon: 7:01pm On Jul 21, 2014
smileandlove: Ndi ibeanyi nda ga unu nmere? Unu nohu ereme? Unu bukwara! Ezi uzo chee unuoooo!

OP are you from Okposi?
Nna, anyi no kwa hu ereme ereme.
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by MsMichaelz(f): 7:02pm On Jul 21, 2014
Funny Ebonyi people. God help you, u wear khaki or nysc brooch go market na there u go know say khaki no be leather. Market men and women will double or triple the price of their wares. Although the state is peaceful, I think most Ebonyians are lazy ( from observation,I stand to be corrected).

2 Likes

Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by vanndubi: 7:03pm On Jul 21, 2014
Ihuomadinihu: Are Ebonyi and Abia related? I think so,similar cultute and dialect.

The only relationship is that Ebonyi south (Afikpo zone) and Abia north were both in old Imo state and they both greet "Jökwa". Although they share common boundary, I think their culture and dialect are wide apart.

1 Like

Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by Omimah: 7:04pm On Jul 21, 2014
0merta: Along with states like Zamfara, Jigawa and Yobe, Ebonyi is also ranked by the Federal Ministry of Education as an Educationally Less developed State (ELDS) and therefore, Indigenes of the state require lesser marks to get admitted into Federal Universities, other Federal higher institutions and Unity Schools...

Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by Dannylux: 7:06pm On Jul 21, 2014
The last wife of Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe is from Ebonyi State! He noticed her after she entertained him with the Umuagbogho Dance of Afikpo which subsequently led to marriage.

Ayim Pius, current PA to the president is from Ebonyi.

The current minister of Health is from Ebonyi.

The first Nigerian girl to travel in space hails from Ohaozara, Ebonyi state.

Ebonyi is the food basket of the South East with it's GDP increasing yearly, majorly from Agriculture.

Ex President, OBJ served his prison sentence in Abakalili prison, Ebonyi State.

It's also one of the youngest states in Nigeria.

Ebonyians are blessed. There are a lot of untapped potentials in that State.

17 Likes

Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by IzyLuv(f): 7:07pm On Jul 21, 2014
SalC: I once visited Okposi and spent few weeks in the late igwe B O agwu's compound, I was told the green snake will come and welcome me that I shouldn't kill it shocked shocked shocked greet? Welcome? A snake? shocked. Thank God it didn't come till I left. Or maybe they were merely trying to scare me embarassed

It comes when u least expect... its harmless though...

But scary as ... grin

2 Likes

Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by SalC: 7:10pm On Jul 21, 2014
IzyLuv:

It comes when u least expect... its harmless though...

But scary as ... grin
Hmm I was just imagining myself and a snake without me doing anything, thank God I didn't get to see it.
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:11pm On Jul 21, 2014
Nice thread Op.
Informative.

5 Likes

Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by Dannylux: 7:11pm On Jul 21, 2014
0merta: Along with states like Zamfara, Jigawa and Yobe, Ebonyi is also ranked by the Federal Ministry of Education as an Educationally Less developed State (ELDS) and therefore, Indigenes of the state require lesser marks to get admitted into Federal Universities, other Federal higher institutions and Unity Schools...

Its own State University, not Federal.
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by IzyLuv(f): 7:15pm On Jul 21, 2014
SalC: Hmm I was just imagining myself and a snake without me doing anything, thank God I didn't get to see it.

U can either walk away...

Or u tell it to leave that you don't want trouble...(like ma Granny does grin)...

Some pple pour red oil over it or white powder...(peace offering)

Ist day i saw it, i just stood there and kept screaming "aká"
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by DeeOneBangin: 7:16pm On Jul 21, 2014
Ebony, Afikpo Camp! Did my nysc orientation camp there. We were told to be careful that they eat human being.

*na wetin we hear ooooo shocked

1 Like

Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by IzyLuv(f): 7:16pm On Jul 21, 2014
Dannylux:

Federal University of Ndufu-Alike, Ikwo, Ebonyi state...,.FUNAI grin....
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by chezzy13(f): 7:17pm On Jul 21, 2014
Am proud of my state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by uzolexis(f): 7:22pm On Jul 21, 2014
Dannylux: The last wife of Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe is from Ebonyi State! He noticed her after she entertained him with the Umuagbogho Dance of Afikpo which subsequently led to marriage.

Ayim Pius, current PA to the president is from Ebonyi.

The current minister of Health is from Ebonyi.

The first Nigerian girl is travel in space hails from Ohaozara, Ebonyi state.

Ebonyi is the food basket of the South East with it's GDP increasing yearly, majorly from Agriculture.

Ex President, OBJ served his prison sentence in Abakalili prison, Ebonyi State.

It's also one of the youngest states in Nigeria.

Ebonyians are blessed. There are a lot of untapped potentials in that State.

the bolded is the most interesting part of your facts grin grin cheesy
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by 0merta(m): 7:24pm On Jul 21, 2014
Have the Ezzas and Izzis stopped slaughtering and eating themselves?

Their rivalry dates back to the beginning of the 19th century. Not only do they kill themselves in intermittent, internecine and fraticidal Wars, they are also known to take the Corpses of their Victims home to be roasted as Suya.

This, no doubt, is a fact too!

2 Likes

Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by mecussey(m): 7:24pm On Jul 21, 2014
I schooled at Unwana...we see a whole lot of snakes and scopion(akpi). Their girls bath outside and they got much boobs. Akanu ibiam was great anyway
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by myworld01: 7:24pm On Jul 21, 2014
so denrele get brother...

that red shoe tho
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by robonski15(m): 7:28pm On Jul 21, 2014
I did my youth service at abakaliki ebonyi state, it was an awesome experience!!!

1 Like

Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by 0merta(m): 7:28pm On Jul 21, 2014
Dannylux:

What am I saying, what are you saying?
Re: Random Facts About Ebonyi by Ihuomadinihu: 7:31pm On Jul 21, 2014
vanndubi:

The only relationship is that Ebonyi south (Afikpo zone) and Abia north were both in old Imo state and they both greet "Jökwa". Although they share common boundary, I think their culture and dialect are wide apart.
Tnx. I don't think it's wide apart though. They have more in common than anyother Igbo state put together.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why I Think Atiku May Win This Election. / Wike Storms INEC Office To Supervise Collation Of Results As PDP Wins. PICS / Nekpen Soyemi: Surety Provided By Abidemi Rufai Is A Suspected Fraudster - US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.