Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

I Want To Start A New Life In Kwara. Help! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Start A New Life In Kwara. Help! (2845 Views)

My Parents Divorce Left My Life In Shambles / How Lady Saved A Chronic Drunk's Life In Lagos (photos) / My Gay Life In Nigeria - Isolation, Danger & Fear Homophobia Stirred By Politici (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Start A New Life In Kwara. Help! by jieta: 3:18pm On Jul 21, 2014
i have a little money on me(30,000). i just want to go some where were no body knows me and start a new life.so please if you are from kwara and you have any ideas to share with me i will be very grateful
Re: I Want To Start A New Life In Kwara. Help! by dominique(f): 3:27pm On Jul 21, 2014
How familiar are you with the city? Do you know anybody there? Have you figured out what you'll be doing once you get there? I hear Ilorin is very cheap to live in but 30k cannot take you very far but I believe its possible to start a new life in a new city no matter how little you have. All the best.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Start A New Life In Kwara. Help! by bellong: 3:35pm On Jul 21, 2014
What are your plans for this new life you intend starting?

How old are you and what can you do?

are your family members in the know of your plan?

Why is Kwara your choice and what part of the state do you plan staying?

How do you plan to sustain yourself in the state?

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Start A New Life In Kwara. Help! by jieta: 3:35pm On Jul 21, 2014
dominique: How familiar are you with the city? Do you know anybody there? Have you figured out what you'll be doing once you get there? I hear Ilorin is very cheap to live in but 30k cannot take you very far but I believe its possible to start a new life in a new city no matter how little you have. All the best.
've not been to ilorin is my first time, bt i believe if i get there with the little knowledge i will get from nairaland, i will start from there. and thank you for your contribution
Re: I Want To Start A New Life In Kwara. Help! by jieta: 3:42pm On Jul 21, 2014
bellong:
What are your plans for this new life you intend starting?

How old are you and what can you do?

are your family members in the know of your plan?

Why is Kwara your choice and what part of the state do you plan staying?

How do you plan to sustain yourself in the state?
am in my mid twenties and from delta state precisly.my actual plan is to get to kwara and stay in a hotel for like a week then during that week i will look for a little job to engage my self in.......just my elder sister that know about my plan. thanks
Re: I Want To Start A New Life In Kwara. Help! by bellong: 4:05pm On Jul 21, 2014
jieta: am in my mid twenties and from delta state precisly.my actual plan is to get to kwara and stay in a hotel for like a week then during that week i will look for a little job to engage my self in.......just my elder sister that know about my plan. thanks

The cheapest hotel in a sane environment you can get is about N1500/night in Ilorin and do you intend coping staying long considering the amount you have?

Ilorin is a peaceful city and Kwara state is a civil service state and by that I mean, most of the citizens are government employees.

What kind of job do you think you can get and what are your qualifications? The city is not that expensive but with the recent influx of people from the North, prices of things including accommodation have skyrocketed compared to the past.

There are few factories like Unifoam, Kamil (nail industries), Dangote flour, Tuyil (pharmaceutical company) and some other small companies including bottled and satchet water factories that you can get unskilled job.

Whatever your plan is, let your family be in the know to forestall future bitter experience.

I wish you goodluck in your quest.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Start A New Life In Kwara. Help! by rolled: 4:36pm On Jul 21, 2014
Who do you this kind thing
Just want to go a place you have never been
Do you mind sharing why you want to start afresh

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Start A New Life In Kwara. Help! by jieta: 4:52pm On Jul 21, 2014
bellong:

The cheapest hotel in a sane environment you can get is about N1500/night in Ilorin and do you intend coping staying long considering the amount you have?

Ilorin is a peaceful city and Kwara state is a civil service state and by that I mean, most of the citizens are government employees.

What kind of job do you think you can get and what are your qualifications? The city is not that expensive but with the recent influx of people from the North, prices of things including accommodation have skyrocketed compared to the past.

There are few factories like Unifoam, Kamil (nail industries), Dangote flour, Tuyil (pharmaceutical company) and some other small companies including bottled and satchet water factories that you can get unskilled job.

Whatever your plan is, let your family be in the know to forestall future bitter experience.

I wish you goodluck in your quest.
thank you very much for ur contribution. i believe to achieve sucess in life one must start from some where, with my little qualification(NECO certificate) i can get to some where atleast you mention some unskilled job there. i just pray i get to the right place to survive.
Re: I Want To Start A New Life In Kwara. Help! by jieta: 4:55pm On Jul 21, 2014
rolled: Who do you this kind thing
Just want to go a place you have never been
Do you mind sharing why you want to start afresh
my friend na so life be ooo when life twist you some how you go advise ur self say make you go rest for some where first whether diff go dey.i wounld 've love to but not now
Re: I Want To Start A New Life In Kwara. Help! by udz: 10:04am On Jul 22, 2014
I was once in ur shoe, it wasnt easy but i took dat leap. Though b prepared 4 some hard times in d beginning but at d end my bro U shall come here and testify. Life has no general formula, kwara might not be a goldmine for alot, but it might be waiting 4 U 2 come and shine. Anyway when i made dat move then i squated with a frnd 4 sometime. Also pray and go to a good church, make urself availaible, no form big boy o untill u get what kwara has in stock 4 U. Take care brother, u shall land well as U take this leap.

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Start A New Life In Kwara. Help! by babymama3: 5:44am On Jul 24, 2014
jieta: i have a little money on me(30,000). i just want to go some where were no body knows me and start a new life.so please if you are from kwara and you have any ideas to share with me i will be very grateful

Let them not use you for rituals o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Start A New Life In Kwara. Help! by marbee(f): 11:22am On Jul 24, 2014
grin

1 Like

Re: I Want To Start A New Life In Kwara. Help! by Nobody: 5:38am On Oct 06, 2014
this person is a female!

udz:
I was once in ur shoe, it wasnt easy but i took dat leap. Though b prepared 4 some hard times in d beginning but at d end my bro U shall come here and testify. Life has no general formula, kwara might not be a goldmine for alot, but it might be waiting 4 U 2 come and shine. Anyway when i made dat move then i squated with a frnd 4 sometime. Also pray and go to a good church, make urself availaible, no form big boy o untill u get what kwara has in stock 4 U. Take care brother, u shall land well as U take this leap.
Re: I Want To Start A New Life In Kwara. Help! by Limassol(m): 8:12pm On Feb 11, 2022
jieta:
i have a little money on me(30,000). i just want to go some where were no body knows me and start a new life.so please if you are from kwara and you have any ideas to share with me i will be very grateful
Hello Bro... Did you finally made the move? And are you still in kwara?
Re: I Want To Start A New Life In Kwara. Help! by jieta: 8:49pm On Feb 11, 2022
Limassol:
Hello Bro... Did you finally made the move? And are you still in kwara?
Of course i did and it was horrible.

Well! am no longer there I've left kwara.

Anyway why did you ask.
Re: I Want To Start A New Life In Kwara. Help! by Kobojunkie: 8:58pm On Feb 11, 2022
jieta:
Anyway why did you ask.
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy wink wink grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I Want To Start A New Life In Kwara. Help! by Limassol(m): 9:30pm On Feb 11, 2022
jieta:

Anyway why did you ask.
Thanks for your reply. Would you recommend illorin to a hutsler? i will appreciate your tips.
Re: I Want To Start A New Life In Kwara. Help! by Limassol(m): 10:23am On Feb 12, 2022
and pointers.
Re: I Want To Start A New Life In Kwara. Help! by PlaysNigeria: 1:03pm On Feb 12, 2022
Wow, just wow
Re: I Want To Start A New Life In Kwara. Help! by jieta: 4:03pm On Feb 12, 2022
Limassol:
Thanks for your reply. Would you recommend illorin to a hutsler? i will appreciate your tips.
like i said earlier, my experience was horrible, but never the less when i got there i lodge in a hotel for about three days i saw a house but the questions where just too much and also as somebody listed up there I saw vacancy in two places.

One in a coca cola shop and another in a nail factory but both ask for a quarator so i could not get both jobs. This was the second time when went there.

The first time i got there it was late in the night i had to pass the night in unilorin, in the morning i move out of the school environment to see what inlorin has for me.

Went to tanke and his environment, trying to familiarize myself with the environment before moving back to the campus it was on my way back at the gate the security men caught me, that was the first day i knew that you don't just walk into a federal University without a means of identification. There question me and could not explain myself very well.

The security men took me to there office i told them why am in the state and my ignorance about federal University unlike state University all fell in deaf ears. There took me to a police station there i spend two nights before i called my sister who came to bail me out.
Re: I Want To Start A New Life In Kwara. Help! by BItt: 4:44pm On Feb 12, 2022
jieta:
well i would suggest you chose ogun state because there are very few employment opportunities in Kwara and the economic vibrancy is low.

i would also suggest you meditate or pray about your movement for atleast 8 days before you choose. goodluck
Re: I Want To Start A New Life In Kwara. Help! by oldienavie: 6:40pm On Feb 12, 2022
jieta:
like i said earlier, my experience was horrible, but never the less when i got there i lodge in a hotel for about three days i saw a house but the questions where just too much and also as somebody listed up there I saw vacancy in two places.

One in a coca cola shop and another in a nail factory but both ask for a quarator so i could not get both jobs. This was the second time when went there.

The first time i got there it was late in the night i had to pass the night in unilorin, in the morning i move out of the school environment to see what inlorin has for me.

Went to tanke and his environment, trying to familiarize myself with the environment before moving back to the campus it was on my way back at the gate the security men caught me, that was the first day i knew that you don't just walk into a federal University without a means of identification. There question me and could not explain myself very well.

The security men took me to there office i told them why am in the state and my ignorance about federal University unlike state University all fell in deaf ears. There took me to a police station there i spend two nights before i called my sister who came to bail me out.

I am sorry you had to go through this.
I keep saying it, African and Africans are not far form animals.
THere is no reason for you to be arrested and there is no law stopping you from entering a federal university.

You were abused and this kind of abuse happens every day, imagine if you did not have anyone to reach out to, you would have been swapped with a murderer.

This is the real problem with Nigeria and not our leaders, no one understands that the highest form of religion is to protect and care for the vulnerable, everyone wants to obtain power so they can abuse and oppress those under them.

This is why Africa especially Nigeria will remain the hell that it is....

Terrible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Start A New Life In Kwara. Help! by DarlingtonC: 12:42pm On Feb 13, 2022
This is funny and pitiful at the same time.

The security guys at Unilorin abused you. I mean you could have just been a prospective student checking out the school.

Pele

(1) (Reply)

What Other Added Value Can A Woman/wife Give To A Man/husband? / Closed now / Mother Posts Facebook Video Of Her Beating Teen Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.