Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,562 members, 7,781,816 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:31 PM

Tips For Professional Logo Design, A Must Read For All Logo Designers - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Tips For Professional Logo Design, A Must Read For All Logo Designers (2666 Views)

Hysterical Rant Between Nigerian Logo Designers / The Biggest Mistakes Logo Designers Make / Nairaland Portfolio For Logo Designers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips For Professional Logo Design, A Must Read For All Logo Designers by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 21, 2014
I just want to share this wonderful idea because am so bothered..when i check through Narialand and see some design called lOGO, which i just tag as normal graphics design and from my view i think all this mistakes are done because most of our designers don't seek for theoretical background before venturing into this field..graphics design is more than that, while logo design is more than just graphics work..first i would like to start with the definition of a logo..

DEFINITION:Webster defines logo as a graphical represent of a firm, group or organization..

A logo may consist of two element according to Airey, which are
Elements: A symbol and a wordmark

CONCEPT OF LOGO DESIGN: when designing a logo for a company or a client ..you are expected to ask your client some brilliant questions, because most of the client sometime just tell you to design logo for them without giving any description, sometime the just reply i don't even have an idea of what i want just design let me see..at this point this is where you are to put down some questions to show you know what you are doing first
1.Do the company has a website(yes this is very important even due a company should get a website befor a logo so as to enable the web
master make a nice choice of colour)

2. Do the company
has another logo or an old logo ..yes is possible for a company to have up to 3 different
logos, just like apple, addidas(three official logo)

3. Do you want a word mark logo or a symbol type or both..if yes

4.Do you have choice
for font

5.What type of symbol do you have in mind, or do the company has any symbol that best suit them

6. Do you have any colour in mind for your design

lets get down to our side..as the designer, this is time to show your skills
step 1
we will be talking about colour and their description in logo design

orange: creative, friendly, youthful

yellow:sunny, inventive , optimism

green: growth, professional , medical , tranquil. Trustworthy

purple:spiritual. Wise. Evocative

black: credible and powe

white :simple, clean, pure

pink: fun and flirty

brown :rural historical steady

red :romantic,danger,
bold, energetic

having discuss about colour the next is concept of designing

A logo must be simple:
this is one of the problem people have in logo design, take a look at the world leading logo like SONY, SAMSUNG, LG, DM TECH, DELL, HP, IBM, RAY.BAN, COCACOLA, ADIDAS, 7UP, PEPSI, FEDEX,NOKIA AMAZON.COM DSTV..you can see that most of this company stick to word mark type logo with slight symbols just like amazon.com with a small arrow, FedEx with two different colours,while some companies would also like to go for only symbol like infinity,mercedes, star times these are ideas that should strike your mind befor venturing into logo design

1:All item for logo design should be personally designed, image is not adviseable for a logo

2, you must be very careful of font you use(typography)

3.A logo must not exceed three colours

4. Your logo must must be able to fit on any background or material and still remain great, both on cloths, paper, wood anything at all you can think of.

4.your logo must be flexible in size

5. Logo must be descriptive

6. Don't ever jack someone's logo for your own design

7. Always give your client multiple design to make choice, it boast your creativity
*Now lets take on these logo to summarise the whole story

1 Share

Re: Tips For Professional Logo Design, A Must Read For All Logo Designers by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 21, 2014
more

Re: Tips For Professional Logo Design, A Must Read For All Logo Designers by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 21, 2014
some of my works

Re: Tips For Professional Logo Design, A Must Read For All Logo Designers by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 21, 2014
more

Re: Tips For Professional Logo Design, A Must Read For All Logo Designers by erad(m): 6:52pm On Jul 21, 2014
frankben4real:
A logo must be simple:
this is one of the problem people have in logo design, take a look at the world leading logo like SONY, SAMSUNG, LG, DM TECH, DELL, HP, IBM, RAY.BAN, COCACOLA, ADIDAS, 7UP, PEPSI, FEDEX,NOKIA AMAZON.COM DSTV..you can see that most of this company stick to word mark type logo with slight symbols just like amazon.com with a small arrow, FedEx with two different colours,while some companies would also like to go for only symbol like infinity,mercedes, star times these are ideas that should strike your mind befor venturing into logo design

3.A logo must not exceed three colours

*A logo MUST not be simple, a logo SHOULD advisably be simple. This depends on the brief you are working with and your client, some concepts can't be executed with simplicity.

*A logo CAN exceed three colours. This is still because of the same reason above.

Just make sure there's a smooth blend among all elements of the logo and most importantly, your logo MUST be a vector.

1 Like

Re: Tips For Professional Logo Design, A Must Read For All Logo Designers by felixchip(m): 8:50pm On Jul 21, 2014
Quote :Erad" A logo MUST NOT be simple.
BUT, a logo must be scalable.
Easy to use on different platforms(web, shirts, app,)

It should be easy to recognise when changed to Black/white.

Should be easy to remember/recognise.
Re: Tips For Professional Logo Design, A Must Read For All Logo Designers by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 21, 2014
erad:

*A logo MUST not be simple, a logo SHOULD advisably be simple. This depends on the brief you are working with and your client, some concepts can't be executed with simplicity.

*A logo CAN exceed three colours. This is still because of the same reason above.

Just make sure there's a smooth blend among all elements of the logo and most importantly, your logo MUST be a vector.
why I mentioned this is that some designers don't know how to blend color after all multi choice has a logo with up to six different colours, but for a very simple concept colour jacking should be moderate, checking from most world popular logo you will bear with me that colour says alot about a concept
Re: Tips For Professional Logo Design, A Must Read For All Logo Designers by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 21, 2014
felixchip: Quote :Erad" A logo MUST NOT be simple.
BUT, a logo must be scalable.
Easy to use on different platforms(web, shirts, app,)

It should be easy to recognise when changed to Black/white.

Should be easy to remember/recognise.
nice point xchip...were all heading towards simplicity
Re: Tips For Professional Logo Design, A Must Read For All Logo Designers by abdoolorunwa(m): 5:42am On Aug 23, 2014
A beautiful and comprehensive piece put together. but for around how much do you market an average piece?
Re: Tips For Professional Logo Design, A Must Read For All Logo Designers by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 23, 2014
abdoolorunwa: A beautiful and comprehensive piece put together. but for around how much do you market an average piece?
thanks, my contact is on my signature... if you need my service
Re: Tips For Professional Logo Design, A Must Read For All Logo Designers by kindl0(m): 11:27pm On Feb 05, 2016
a logo I designed recently

Re: Tips For Professional Logo Design, A Must Read For All Logo Designers by kindl0(m): 11:32pm On Feb 05, 2016
and an artwork I designed for the record label

(1) (Reply)

MX Film & Multimedia Academy, Opening In Lekki-ajah Soon / Where And How Can I Generate Serial Number To Install Corel Draw X7 / Information On Apcon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.