Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,008 members, 7,803,350 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:07 PM

How Did You React When You Had First "A" & "F" In The University? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Did You React When You Had First "A" & "F" In The University? (17912 Views)

Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React / The University Of Liverpool Comes To You! Move Ahead Without Moving Away / How I Turn Out With 9 F's In My SSCE _Ibrahim M Gombe. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You React When You Had First "A" & "F" In The University? by Uricas(m): 11:09pm On Jul 22, 2014
dmcdad:
Hehehehehe. Because of the University or what?
thank God you can see...
Re: How Did You React When You Had First "A" & "F" In The University? by dmcdad: 11:09pm On Jul 22, 2014
Nicepoker: Had F in all the courses from year one to year five. Graduated wit 2nd lower. Don't ask me how I made it. Cos u will never believe the story
Haba! Na Nollywood movie? cheesy
Re: How Did You React When You Had First "A" & "F" In The University? by dmcdad: 11:12pm On Jul 22, 2014
Uricas:
thank God you can see...
Haba! The fact that the topic stated it outrightly doesn't mean it should be exclusive to Universities alone. At least, that's the way I see it.

Was it awkward to presume that he meant Higher Institutions in general?

2 Likes

Re: How Did You React When You Had First "A" & "F" In The University? by gorgeousnogo(f): 11:14pm On Jul 22, 2014
I had this strange feeling in my tummy that wont go away when i saw i got F (my first and only). I didnt talk to anybody through out that day. I was just cursing that wicked lecturer becos i know i didnt merit it
Re: How Did You React When You Had First "A" & "F" In The University? by Uricas(m): 11:14pm On Jul 22, 2014
sisiafrika: he might employ u in the future! U haughty being!
lol. See how gullible you are and how shallow you thinking faculty is. What's the correlation between my comment and yours?
Re: How Did You React When You Had First "A" & "F" In The University? by Uricas(m): 11:19pm On Jul 22, 2014
dmcdad:
Haba! The fact that the topic stated it outrightly doesn't mean it should be exclusive to Universities alone. At least, that's the way I see it.

Was it awkward to presume that he meant Higher Institutions in genral?
Just listen to your self. Are you saying after two years in school, you can't differentiate between University and higher institution?

1 Like

Re: How Did You React When You Had First "A" & "F" In The University? by Nwakannaya1: 11:22pm On Jul 22, 2014
watchthisposter: Had my first A in second semester first year, 'twaz "computer appreciation" so I was like warreva, piece of cake undecided

Had my first F in the same semester and I was like shocked shocked shocked "Choi! Jennifer* don finish me O!!" grin

I started thinking of breakup tactics cheesy

*not her real name
Ų sure say no be d "jennifer help Ų get d Å.
Re: How Did You React When You Had First "A" & "F" In The University? by LyfeJennings(m): 11:26pm On Jul 22, 2014
UnknownT: Page 2?
I can't remember my 1st A but I still remember my one and only F. In UNN, Engr401. I was at home when the result ccame out so I asked one of my coursemates to help me check mine. He told me F and I was shocked, I wan madt, my mind did a mental calculation and I found out I had just 1 year to rewrite it or it turns to extra year. None of my siblings ever had an extra year and I was scared I may break that record. When I returned to school, I saw d result myself I got 12/100 LOL. Fortunately for me, one of my neighbors who also doubled as my course mate had an F too so we studied hard for d course( it was during one of d studies I found out that one of d questions, I used a different formula to solve it) and we finally wrote d exam. When d result came out , d lecturers just gave all carryover students 40(E). Though I know how we read and prepared for that course.

U go brilliant gan o. Mehn,I had 7 carryovers in 100L,6 in 200,7 in 300 & 6 in finals..Oh boy,it wasnt shocking cos I knew I wasn't serious at all. Sides that,I had difficulties reading and assimilating,I didn't discover how much of a genius I could be till I was in my final year but it was too late then. I hated attending classes. I only attended to play...

1 Like

Re: How Did You React When You Had First "A" & "F" In The University? by Suresh08: 11:29pm On Jul 22, 2014
ATMC: Lmao! @op y digging the past?
Well, the first result I saw in UNN was A(phy101), we were just 2 that had 'A', it was a good feelingsmiley Then after a while, I saw Bio 151 and it was lol (u guessed right) 'F', lmao! I was shocked...though it was the only F in my first year, it wasn't the only F lol...it was in uni that I had an F for the first time in my life lol but I conquered them all...all those outside courses...hehehe esp chem232 ff by CS201...Shaa, the whole carry over thing stopped in my second yr. Then my semi finals result was the best of all my results...5.0 G.P;-D...Carry over baaaaaad
BIG-FAT-LIE.R
Re: How Did You React When You Had First "A" & "F" In The University? by dmcdad: 11:32pm On Jul 22, 2014
Uricas:
Just listen to your self. Are you saying after two years in school, you can't differentiate between University and higher institution?
Lol... I didn't say I couldn't differentiate. You need to read between the lines. I only presumed that its no crime to post here also, afterall despite the fact that the title negates it, it still seemed fair to me.

Besides, you are beginning to get on my nerve with your pushy statements. Not like I can do anything to that effect, but it seems you don't know the person you are dealing with.

Relax bruv... I saw the title of the thread before posting and I don't think it's criminal to do so. So, just let it go. Afterall, them no dey pay anybody for posting and no restrictions whatsoever.
Re: How Did You React When You Had First "A" & "F" In The University? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jul 22, 2014
I never had an F but other grades were very much familial and used to. B dominated my results back then in UNN. 'A' occur like one in every six, 6:1.
Re: How Did You React When You Had First "A" & "F" In The University? by dmcdad: 11:35pm On Jul 22, 2014
LyfeJennings:

U go brilliant gan o. Mehn,I had 7 carryovers in 100L,6 in 200,7 in 300 & 6 in finals..Oh boy,it wasnt shocking cos I knew I wasn't serious at all. Sides that,I had difficulties reading and assimilating,I didn't discover how much of a genius I could be till I was in my final year but it was too late then. I hated attending classes. I only attended to play...
And you graduate? Lol. Nice try bruv.
Re: How Did You React When You Had First "A" & "F" In The University? by UnknownT: 11:36pm On Jul 22, 2014
LyfeJennings:

brilliant? I doubt. Lol! Funny enough, I only sat up in my 4th year(d same year I had d carryover). I was on Total scholarship n d requirement was a CGPA of 3.0 so my target 4rm 2nd to 3rd year was just to get 3.0 above cos I had already wasted my 1st year(spent it in Mbanefo's common room watching dstv n playing ps2 in a barber's shop). My 4th n 5th year results just helped me graduate with a weak 2:1 gringrin

2 Likes

Re: How Did You React When You Had First "A" & "F" In The University? by Emmyk(m): 11:37pm On Jul 22, 2014
GST103 Nigerian People and Culture.. My First A.

I don't pray to have an F.

1 Like

Re: How Did You React When You Had First "A" & "F" In The University? by iamzeekie(m): 11:38pm On Jul 22, 2014
my A's came in 2nd semester 100 level in fulfilment of God's word. In ACT 2:17 it was God's grace. All 7 A's could any man had done that? No, Only God that i serve !
Re: How Did You React When You Had First "A" & "F" In The University? by dmcdad: 11:39pm On Jul 22, 2014
UnknownT: brilliant? I doubt. Lol! Funny enough, I only sat up in my 4th year(d same year I had d carryover). I was on Total scholarship n d requirement was a CGPA of 3.0 so my target 4rm 2nd to 3rd year was just to get 3.0 above cos I had already wasted my 1st year(spent it in Mbanefo's common room watching dstv n playing ps2 in a barber's shop). My 4th n 5th year results just helped me graduate with a weak 2:1 gringrin
Ehya... At least you still come out with Upper! That weak 2.1 no still be beans oooo.
Re: How Did You React When You Had First "A" & "F" In The University? by Uricas(m): 11:44pm On Jul 22, 2014
dmcdad:
Lol... I didn't say I couldn't differentiate. You need to read between the lines. I only presumed that its no crime to post here also, afterall despite the fact that the title negates it, it still seemed fair to me.

Besides, you are beginning to get on my nerve with your pushy statements. Not like I can do anything to that effect, but it seems you don't know the person you are dealing with.

Relax bruv... I saw the title of the thread before posting and I don't think it's criminal to do so. So, just let it go. Afterall, them no dey pay anybody for posting and no restrictions whatsoever.
God will help you. Hope you won't do the same in your exam?
Re: How Did You React When You Had First "A" & "F" In The University? by dmcdad: 11:51pm On Jul 22, 2014
Uricas:
God will help you. Hope you won't do the same in your exam?
Amen! Well, I think I have done the same several times and I still score A's in the said courses. I make such mistakes every now and then, but yet come out with a blast. God has been faithful I must say. Sometimes it's just the favour of God we need. If one should couple that with hardwork, then that person becomes unstoppable.

Peace.
Re: How Did You React When You Had First "A" & "F" In The University? by vict505(m): 11:52pm On Jul 22, 2014
Vivipop: The first "A" I had was in my first year,first semester at UNN,it wasn't a big deal,because I found myself in a group where having an A isn't a biggie,scoring 80 and above is.
As for an F, never had one.
Anti you can lie oo
Re: How Did You React When You Had First "A" & "F" In The University? by Guidette(f): 12:01am On Jul 23, 2014
My first A was in my first semester cant remember which course though. In fact i had too many As. Got a 4.0 GPA on a 4 scale that semester. My first F was in 4th yr. Immunology with Dr Stanley was a b*tch. She was literally an oyinbo version of what a witch should be like minus her broom. She declared war on all of us students and made sure we failed the final exams. My mark was so bad that i was asked to retake the exam even though i had a 96% on the midterms which brought my average to 71%, just above the 70% passmark. I refused to retake the exam obviously but i never forgot my first F ever.
Re: How Did You React When You Had First "A" & "F" In The University? by eminemkayc: 12:05am On Jul 23, 2014
Back then in 2000 in my 100 level, my first result came out. Phy 192. Was an A-grade. Never had an 'F' though till i left the faculty of engineering.
Re: How Did You React When You Had First "A" & "F" In The University? by p2t2r(m): 12:08am On Jul 23, 2014
So frnds on NL, that was how I was liking this girl o, until I saw her WEAC result looking like my bb pin E8E8F9E8 sad

2 Likes

Re: How Did You React When You Had First "A" & "F" In The University? by youngice(m): 12:11am On Jul 23, 2014
my first A ....o men my first semester I knack 4.5 for Futo EEE........next semester i knack 2.5. embarassed embarassed cry cry
Up till now I never recover finish but if u knack A wella how you go comot with 2 one ...mind you im in my 3rd yr
Re: How Did You React When You Had First "A" & "F" In The University? by youngice(m): 12:12am On Jul 23, 2014
my first A ....o men my first semester I knack 4.5 for Futo EEE........next semester i knack 2.5 with one nasty F. embarassed embarassed cry cry
Up till now I never recover finish but if u knack A wella how you go comot with 2 one ...mind you im in my 3rd yr
Re: How Did You React When You Had First "A" & "F" In The University? by youngice(m): 12:12am On Jul 23, 2014
my first A ....o men my first semester I knack 4.5 for Futo EEE........next semester i knack 2.5 with one nasty F. embarassed embarassed cry cry
Up till now I never recover finish but if u no knack A wella how you go comot with 2 one ...mind you im in my 3rd yr
Re: How Did You React When You Had First "A" & "F" In The University? by Nobody: 12:15am On Jul 23, 2014
A and F kwa? Op are you referring to university or secondary school?
Re: How Did You React When You Had First "A" & "F" In The University? by eneres: 12:15am On Jul 23, 2014
I can't really remember my 1st A...bt my 1st F stands out in my memory cos I broke down at the notice board whr the results were pasted. No be small cry o. My exam officer passed by n saw me cry, d man could not help laughing o. And to think it was a single unit course...PHY 112 sha...Uniuyo
Re: How Did You React When You Had First "A" & "F" In The University? by Nobody: 12:23am On Jul 23, 2014
UnknownT: brilliant? I doubt. Lol! Funny enough, I only sat up in my 4th year(d same year I had d carryover). I was on Total scholarship n d requirement was a CGPA of 3.0 so my target 4rm 2nd to 3rd year was just to get 3.0 above cos I had already wasted my 1st year(spent it in Mbanefo's common room watching dstv n playing ps2 in a barber's shop). My 4th n 5th year results just helped me graduate with a weak 2:1 gringrin
Oga, come back here now now bcuz ieno understand you, how did you do your carry overs? Or you didn't do them? You no even suppose graduate at all.
Re: How Did You React When You Had First "A" & "F" In The University? by Nobody: 12:24am On Jul 23, 2014
LyfeJennings:

How you take do am? Talk now now.
Re: How Did You React When You Had First "A" & "F" In The University? by xplicity1(m): 12:28am On Jul 23, 2014
Re: How Did You React When You Had First "A" & "F" In The University? by farano(f): 12:38am On Jul 23, 2014
I love packing As' with ghana must go grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Check My Unizik Result / Hnd Is Better Than Bsc / Redeemers University To Suspend 22 Students For Not Attending Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.