Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:51 AM

Share Your Stew Recipe! - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Share Your Stew Recipe! (17424 Views)

Christmas Stew Got Burnt Because I Was Carried Away By A Movie"caroline Shoes" / Best Ofada Rice And Stew Recipe / Ofada Stew Recipe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Stew Recipe! by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 22, 2014
MissMeiya:

Heyyyyy! It's Oga Pepper! Lol
nymphomaniac this is the guy I was talking about with the cameroon peppers. You should see his pepper thread, the guy loves spicy food die

Thank you for your recipe!!!
wink
Re: Share Your Stew Recipe! by amnestylaw1(m): 8:53am On Jul 22, 2014
kulyie: Mine is tomato, pepper, onions and a little bit of ginger to give it a spicy taste and a nice smell wink

not fully blended to smooth paste and mixed with diced pomo and liver

That picture doesn't look like food. tongue
Re: Share Your Stew Recipe! by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 22, 2014
amnestylaw1:

That picture doesn't look like food. tongue
lol then what does it look like? cheesy
Re: Share Your Stew Recipe! by hairbraiding: 9:35am On Jul 22, 2014
As far as aesthetics is concerned, that first picture is the ..ish

The red sauce sits comfortably on the white rice background. So tempting ...mmmm tongue

Re: Share Your Stew Recipe! by shadrach77: 9:46am On Jul 22, 2014
can someone kindly share the recipe for AYAMASE here pls?
Re: Share Your Stew Recipe! by Nobody: 9:55am On Jul 22, 2014
shadrach77: can someone kindly share the recipe for AYAMASE here pls?
what is ayamase?

is it a yoruba, isoko, urhobo, ibo or bendel food?
Re: Share Your Stew Recipe! by Artorius(m): 10:05am On Jul 22, 2014
You forgot the yoga thread?
Re: Share Your Stew Recipe! by Artorius(m): 10:05am On Jul 22, 2014
@Op You forgot the yoga thread?
Re: Share Your Stew Recipe! by idris4eva(m): 10:53am On Jul 22, 2014
Who get time when dere is iya basira in front of my aous.assuming u are talking of concortion rice now (student own) o am d best. grin
Re: Share Your Stew Recipe! by Feraz(m): 10:56am On Jul 22, 2014
This is my own recipe -

Blend the tomatoes and peppers while in the market.
Cook the meat by adding water, a bulb of big onions, pepper, curry, thyme, salt, maggi
Par-boil the blended tomatoes and pepper till most of the water evaporate and then sieve out the water
Add vegetable oil to pot and heat, add onions. After sometime, add the blended tomato in the sieve into the pot of heated oil. Then I add pepper, onions, curry, salt, maggi etc. (Not that I don't like ginger or garlic but no time to start processing those as a student). When the stew starts making the pop sound and splashing everywhere, I add the water I used for cooking the meat and then add the meat (cooked or fried). After say 5 mins, turn off fire.

If I'm using fish, I don't cook separately like the meat. I just add it when the stew is almost done as fish tend to get done very quickly.

I'm still looking for who will teach me how to cook palm oil stew as the one I did sometime back left me with a bitter experience.

P.S.: most times, I don't taste while cooking (with exception of plantain grin) as the stew turns out well. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Stew Recipe! by Feraz(m): 11:37am On Jul 22, 2014
MissMeiya, this your steamed rice, how long does it take to prepare because if parboiled rice take an estimated 30mins to get done, then this 'steamed' rice should take longer right? If yes, you must have lots of patience.
Re: Share Your Stew Recipe! by jantavanta(m): 11:41am On Jul 22, 2014
Without tinned tomato, meat, fish, chicken, Knorr or Maggi.

Instead Wara (tofu) (soy cheese), Soy Sauce, Locust beans,
DawaDawa.
Re: Share Your Stew Recipe! by donTbone(m): 11:58am On Jul 22, 2014
Dunno if any of u av eva tried garden egg stew...

Ingredients: pepper,onions,garden egg, dried fish,cray fish,liver(optional),salt,seasoning,palm oil,curry(optional).

Method:

1. Boil d garden egg for 5mins. Set aside to cool after dat

2. Blend your pepper,preferrably manual grater or grinding stone.

3. Place your pot on d burning stove,wait a while to make d pot hot. Pour your red oil into d pot to get hot for 3mins(depending on d temperature).

4. Slice your onions into d hot red oil den add d grated pepper.den leav for 5mins.

5. Add your cray fish nd dried fish(which must av bin washed with hot water) and also d animal liver(cooked).

6. Peel d skin of your boiled garden egg den grate as dat of ur pepper. Then add to d ones in d pot.

7. Add your seasoning,salt nd curry to taste.

Best served with yam and bread...
Re: Share Your Stew Recipe! by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 22, 2014
Feraz: MissMeiya, this your steamed rice, how long does it take to prepare because if parboiled rice take an estimated 30mins to get done, then this 'steamed' rice should take longer right? If yes, you must have lots of patience.

Nope! It takes less. It takes about 20 minutes.

And you don't even have to watch it very closely because it can't burn. The worst that could happen is the boiling water would dry up and the pot and basket would burn. Also the rice could get too soft, I suppose.

It's so handy when you're cooking other things, because all you have to do is set it up, and leave it until it's done. Last night I was exhausted, but I was still able to make steamed rice for this morning with no problem.
Re: Share Your Stew Recipe! by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 22, 2014
hairbraiding: As far as aesthetics is concerned, that first picture is the ..ish

The red sauce sits comfortably on the white rice background. So tempting ...mmmm tongue

cheesy Thaaaank you dear! I like to pay attention to things like that.

I even use molds when I'm serving fufu, it drives my mother nuts *covers face*
Re: Share Your Stew Recipe! by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 22, 2014
Artorius: @Op You forgot the yoga thread?

I did not forget ooo cry
That data wipeout just discouraged me something serious! I still have the pictures, but chai those posts were too long to easily replicate cry

I'll start it again someday, I promise
Re: Share Your Stew Recipe! by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 22, 2014
Feraz: This is my own recipe -

Blend the tomatoes and peppers while in the market.
Cook the meat by adding water, a bulb of big onions, pepper, curry, thyme, salt, maggi
Par-boil the blended tomatoes and pepper till most of the water evaporate and then sieve out the water
Add vegetable oil to pot and heat, add onions. After sometime, add the blended tomato in the sieve into the pot of heated oil. Then I add pepper, onions, curry, salt, maggi etc. (Not that I don't like ginger or garlic but no time to start processing those as a student). When the stew starts making the pop sound and splashing everywhere, I add the water I used for cooking the meat and then add the meat (cooked or fried). After say 5 mins, turn off fire.

If I'm using fish, I don't cook separately like the meat. I just add it when the stew is almost done as fish tend to get done very quickly.

I'm still looking for who will teach me how to cook palm oil stew as the one I did sometime back left me with a bitter experience.

P.S.: most times, I don't taste while cooking (with exception of plantain grin) as the stew turns out well. cheesy

Very nice! I'm learning so many different ways to make stew, it's exciting
You don't have to process the ginger, you know. I have a elder cousin who leaves the pieces inside the stew, and encourages us to chew them, because it's good for you. Health matters aside, try it once. Remove the pieces after if you like. The taste is pretty nice.
Re: Share Your Stew Recipe! by Feraz(m): 12:54pm On Jul 22, 2014
MissMeiya:

Nope! It takes less. It takes about 20 minutes.

And you don't even have to watch it very closely because it can't burn. The worst that could happen is the boiling water would dry up and the pot and basket would burn. Also the rice could get too soft, I suppose.

It's so handy when you're cooking other things, because all you have to do is set it up, and leave it until it's done. Last night I was exhausted, but I was still able to make steamed rice for this morning with no problem.
Will try this when I have the time. For the bolded, that was the first thing that came to my mind cos I felt like it's more like soaking the rice in hot water.
MissMeiya:

Very nice! I'm learning so many different ways to make stew, it's exciting
You don't have to process the ginger, you know. I have a elder cousin who leaves the pieces inside the stew, and encourages us to chew them, because it's good for you. Health matters aside, try it once. Remove the pieces after if you like. The taste is pretty nice.
Ok oh! I'll try it.

Gentlemimi, I thought bayleaf is used just for jollof rice?
Re: Share Your Stew Recipe! by 12month: 1:08pm On Jul 22, 2014
I have learnt a lot from this thread today o...but still searching urgently for a girlfriend that knows how to cook wella
Re: Share Your Stew Recipe! by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jul 22, 2014
Feraz: Will try this when I have the time. For the bolded, that was the first thing that came to my mind cos I felt like it's more like soaking the rice in hot water.

Just as long as you don't put too much water. I've always used 3x as much water as the rice, and it's perfect every time.

Yay for new ideas *jubilate*
Re: Share Your Stew Recipe! by kullozone(m): 1:33pm On Jul 22, 2014
GSKing: ah! c'mon guys, how dyu guys live with yourselves?

cooking to me is just like watching the game of boxing or dart! cry

I commend you all though, count me out still.

Dat's not true,boxing'z fun....
Re: Share Your Stew Recipe! by amnestylaw1(m): 1:34pm On Jul 22, 2014
kulyie: lol then what does it look like? cheesy

Your guess is as good as mine. No be for.my mouth dem go hear wetin the thing resemble. grin
Re: Share Your Stew Recipe! by Angeldemivida: 2:08pm On Jul 22, 2014
Amusaopeyemi: 100 naira pepper and 50naira tomatoes with 2 bulb of onions, blend the onions with hand blender and blend the tomatoes and fresh pepper with electric blender or grinding stone.
Fry your oil, add lil bit of curry and stir you can add locust beans (Iru) if you want buh it is optional sha, then add the blended onions plus reduce the heat of the stove. Stir for a while and add your blended pepper and Maggi with salt to taste. (use a wooden spoon so it won't burn)
I love using smoked fish (shawa or panla) for my stews cuz am not a meat person, my teeth no too strong grin grin

Amusa I sent you a mail, reply okay.
Why is your teeth not too strong? You may be over drinking your Coca cola(as u said in your profile), seriously.
And that is a serious health issue.
Weak teeth are sometimes related to sugar problem. Anyway this is not the place for us to do that big sister chat up.
Reply me okay. I want to discuss sth important thru e-mail.
Re: Share Your Stew Recipe! by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 22, 2014
Angeldemivida:

Amusa I sent you a mail, reply okay.
Why is your teeth not too strong? You may be over drinking your Coca cola(as u said in your profile), seriously.
And that is a serious health issue.
Weak teeth are sometimes related to sugar problem. Anyway this is not the place for us to do that big sister chat up.
Reply me okay. I want to discuss sth important thru e-mail.
Yes ma'am. I've replied your mail since o, dunno why it didn't deliver.
Re: Share Your Stew Recipe! by ibdeals1(m): 2:53pm On Jul 22, 2014
smileyyummy thread
Re: Share Your Stew Recipe! by Henrypraise: 4:33pm On Jul 22, 2014
Amusaopeyemi:
Yes ma'am. I've replied your mail since o, dunno why it didn't deliver.

Can u please bring me up to speed as to how to send n reply mails popularly called "pm" via dis forum?
Re: Share Your Stew Recipe! by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jul 22, 2014
Henrypraise:

Can u please bring me up to speed as to how to send n reply mails popularly called "pm" via dis forum?
First, u click on someone's username so as to see the person's profile, and right before the person's profile picture u see the "Send ***** email" e.g "Send AmusaOpeyemi email", click it and boom. Emaill haff sent, you'll v to wait for confirmation from the individual you sent the mail to.
Understood? grin grin
Re: Share Your Stew Recipe! by delishpot: 8:22pm On Jul 22, 2014
kulyie: Mine is tomato, pepper, onions and a little bit of ginger to give it a spicy taste and a nice smell wink

not fully blended to smooth paste and mixed with diced pomo and liver

Chei! You too like good things o. ******Wipes spit from my mouth******** tongue
Re: Share Your Stew Recipe! by GentleMimi: 9:06pm On Jul 22, 2014
Feraz:
Gentlemimi, I thought bayleaf is used just for jollof rice?
Bayleaf is used for meat,stew and jollof rice.
Re: Share Your Stew Recipe! by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 22, 2014
GentleMimi:
Bayleaf is used for meat,stew and jollof rice.

Can i use it for akara too?
grin
Re: Share Your Stew Recipe! by GentleMimi: 9:38pm On Jul 22, 2014
olubukato:

Can i use it for akara too?
grin
Mtchhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!! angry
Re: Share Your Stew Recipe! by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jul 22, 2014
GentleMimi:
Mtchhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loooool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Contemporary Step-by-step Guide To Food Export Business / Pure And Original Honey From Adamawa State (cheap price) / Fattened Chicken Can Cause Food Poisoning, Infections –experts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.