Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,488 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:24 PM

I Need Advise About Flights To The UK! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Need Advise About Flights To The UK! (969 Views)

I Need Urgent Advise About Receiving UK Visa Documents From VFS Global Services / Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport / Fg's Reduction Of British Airways Flights To Nigeria Generates Ripples (2) (3) (4)

(1)

I Need Advise About Flights To The UK! by richards2014: 11:02pm On Jul 21, 2014
I will be traveling to the UK by next month (August), I want to know the following.

1. I am looking for cheap but standard airline. When I say cheap I dont mean some Egyptair or Afriqiyah of Libya, neither do I mean expensive airlines like Virgin. I am looking at Airfrance, British Airways, Virgin, Arik but it seems Airfrance is the cheapest amongst these 4 airlines. I need to know, since Airfrance makes a stop over in France do I need a France/Schengen Transit visa? Mind you I am a Nigerian passport holder with valid UK visa. If I need a transit visa for France then I wont use Airfrance because I don't have time to process any transit visas now.

2. What other airlines will you recommend for me? I need an airline that is affordable with good reputation. I don't want someone to tell me to ask Google coz I know about Google before coming to Nairaland. No matter how you try Google is not nairaland, I like and prefer the direct answers/advises I get on Nairaland than Google, so please if you don't have an answer don't bother to reply.

I have come to nairaland because I know so many Nigerians travel in and out of UK daily, so please dear nairalanders give me advise as to what flight to use.

I will prefer to fly direct but if I get better deal on transit then I wouldn't mind transiting. I hope and wish Airfrance don't need transit visa because Airfrance is standard airline.

TRAVEL DATES: I know the cost of airfare varies depending on the date you travel, so for that reason I am flexible, I am looking at traveling on any date in second week of August to return to Nigerian after 3 months, that is second week of November.
Re: I Need Advise About Flights To The UK! by richards2014: 11:08pm On Jul 21, 2014
I did some Google searching about visa free destinations with Airfrance, some sites says Visa is no longer needed with AirFrance, but that announcement is old, since 2008. So it is better to hear from those who have been travelling with AirFrance since this year. Is it true that Airfrance no longer require transit visa to UK as stated on this website: http://www.airfrance.com/NG/en/local/page_flottante/hp/airport_transit_visa.htm
Re: I Need Advise About Flights To The UK! by justwise(m): 11:37pm On Jul 21, 2014

(1)

Hello world / How To Write Essay For Studying In USA / Scam Or What

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.