Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:56 AM

Fashola Commissions Oba Lateef Adeyemi Housing Estate. PIC - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Fashola Commissions Oba Lateef Adeyemi Housing Estate. PIC (29310 Views)

FG Commissions 102-unit Housing Estate / President Jonathan Commissions 324 Housing Units In Elim Estate, Enugu / Beautifully Finished 4 Bedroom Duplex In Femi Okunu Estate ( pic includ'd).N 65m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Commissions Oba Lateef Adeyemi Housing Estate. PIC by bigass(f): 4:29pm On Jul 22, 2014
UrbanMystique: may be the should put that in Ajegunle then.

Ajegunle must be demolished. Its too near to Lagos to be ignored

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Oba Lateef Adeyemi Housing Estate. PIC by kobikwelu(m): 4:30pm On Jul 22, 2014
someone asked a very important question....

Can a civil servant afford a unit of these homes
Re: Fashola Commissions Oba Lateef Adeyemi Housing Estate. PIC by seanet01: 4:32pm On Jul 22, 2014
jmaine:

Kindly produce a post of mine saying that Seanet SeeDunce01. Failure to do that makes you a slut . . . .

Btw, I hope with all this, Fash will not be overlooked for a certain Buhari for the APC presidency.

It will be amusing to see contrary posts in the future concerning that.
You wanna deny that Mr. Stomach infrastructure? Jamiu elepon buuuluuue, iro e tin po ju lenu ijo meta yi o. Se epon bulue ma n je ki pa iro ni?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Oba Lateef Adeyemi Housing Estate. PIC by seanet01: 4:32pm On Jul 22, 2014
kobikwelu: someone asked a very important question....

Yes.
Re: Fashola Commissions Oba Lateef Adeyemi Housing Estate. PIC by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 22, 2014
This thread is on the 5th page and it hasn't made front page yet?

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Oba Lateef Adeyemi Housing Estate. PIC by jmaine: 4:38pm On Jul 22, 2014
seanet01: You wanna deny that Mr. Stomach infrastructure? Jamiu elepon buuuluuue, iro e tin po ju lenu ijo meta yi o. Se epon bulue ma n je ki pa iro ni?

SeeDunce01 never disappoints with his needless and perennial juvenile stunts. *smh*
Re: Fashola Commissions Oba Lateef Adeyemi Housing Estate. PIC by Firefire(m): 4:44pm On Jul 22, 2014
kobikwelu: someone asked a very important question....

seanet01: Yes.

Please be humble enough to share evidence of ANY Lagos State civil servant that benefited from these Homes.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Oba Lateef Adeyemi Housing Estate. PIC by seanet01: 4:52pm On Jul 22, 2014
jmaine:

SeeDunce01 never disappoints with his needless and perennial juvenile stunts. *smh*
Jamiu elepon bulue ma binu

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Oba Lateef Adeyemi Housing Estate. PIC by seanet01: 4:53pm On Jul 22, 2014
Firefire:

Please be humble enough to share evidence of ANY Lagos State civil servant that benefited from these Homes.

Thank you.

Go and inquire from the Lagos state Ministry of housing.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Oba Lateef Adeyemi Housing Estate. PIC by EkoIle1: 4:58pm On Jul 22, 2014
Lagos disburses N119m housing loan to staff

By Ekene Okoro / Snr. Correspondent, Lagos

The Lagos State Government on Friday said over N119.7 million has been disbursed as housing loan to its workers in the last one year.

State Head of Service, Mrs. Oluseyi Williams who revealed this at a ministerial briefing in Alausa, Ikeja, said a total of 555 officers benefited from the facility within the period.

According to her, the loan was to enable the beneficiaries acquire land and build their own houses.

Williams said that the government had also allocated apartments to some workers at the various staff quarters to ease their accommodation problems.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2014/05/lagos-disburses-n119m-housing-loan-staff/

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Oba Lateef Adeyemi Housing Estate. PIC by EkoIle1: 5:02pm On Jul 22, 2014
If the winners pay promptly, the government will increase the monthly stock of houses on offer from 200 to even 600 units. The governor is confident that the scheme will continue after he ceases to be in office next year. “An institution has been developed and a system created, so the scheme is taking a life of its own”, he noted in a recent interview. The only obstacle he fears is payment default. He has consequently been appealing to the winners to take prompt payment as an article of faith. He said at the flag-off ceremony: “I want to make perhaps the most important appeal, that is, the right to own a home comes with a lot of responsibilities to pay monthly charges and rates. By so doing, you will bring back a pool of money into the system that will enable us to build for other people who have paid their taxes and are in the queue.”

Tunde Alabi, publisher of the New York-based Black Ivory magazine who runs a business consulting firm in Lagos. He shares the governor’s projection that in the next 7 years the scheme should be self financing, thus consigning the state government to the role of a regulator and purchaser of homes built by the private sector. “The government will no longer be investing directly in building houses”, he adds, recalling that the government did not obtain a loan to kick off the scheme. “It relied purely on internally generated revenue, prudent financial management and disciplined economic husbandry to save N200m monthly for this scheme before escalating the savings to N500m every month”.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Oba Lateef Adeyemi Housing Estate. PIC by EkoIle1: 5:07pm On Jul 22, 2014
[b]Emeka Onuorah, immediate past president of the Nigerian Institution of Estate Surveyors and Valuers who says he has known Fashola right from their childhood days in Surulere, remarks that the governor did not wake up one morning and just hit upon the idea of developing an “incomparable home ownership scheme in Nigeria. In fact, he was a young lawyer when he handled a case against the state government for the non-payment of suppliers of materials to the Jakande housing scheme, and ironically had become the chief of staff to Governor Tinubu when the court judgment was to be executed. So, he understands the loopholes in the Jakande scheme and avoids them in the Lagos HOMS. Besides, he went to Singapore shortly after he became governor to speak personally to Lee Kuan Yew so as to profit from the legendary former prime minister’s experience in his eminently successful housing development programme. So, Fashola has personally driven the scheme, having held 29 meetings on the scheme in the last three years. This is why he is able to deliver a home ownership scheme which meets international standards”.[/b]

Onuorah commends the ample space created for each flat, calling it “a great leap from the matchboxes which pass for houses in the name of mass housing even in developed nations”. A 1-bedroom flat has a space of 60.22m square metres, a 2-bedroom flat 75.79square metres and a 3-bedroom flat 123.88square metres. “They also have more living areas than regular flats”, he notes.

Governor Fashola observes that the Lagos HOMS has created considerable business and employment opportunities. 134 construction companies, 459 sub contractors employing 1,168 persons and 7 consulting firms have been engaged so far. In addition, 5,442 suppliers and artisans like labourers and food vendors have benefitted from it. “This is the kind of ambitious building and construction programme needed to provide a critically needed service in Nigeria and at the same empower a large spectrum of our society”, observes Haruna Abubakar, an economist with Heritage consulting firm in Lagos. “Fashola has set the pace, and it now behooves other governments in Nigeria to take a cue, so that our people can get the dividends of democracy in a profound and sustainable manner. In executing such schemes, the other governments in Nigeria must follow the Fashola example by not politicizing the process of giving out the houses. Fashola has scored yet another bull’s eye”.

http://thewillnigeria.com/news/opinion-fasholas-scores-a-bulls-eye-with-an-ambitious-home-scheme-to-create-200-landlords-monthly/

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Oba Lateef Adeyemi Housing Estate. PIC by EkoIle1: 5:14pm On Jul 22, 2014
UrbanMystique: is this one under construction too or just combination of all the pictures posted?

It's under construction like the same Ilubiin scheme GEJ's errand boy and thug Obanikoro tried to stop .

These 2 are set to be the largest estates so far...

1,254 units in Ilubrin and 1,080 units in Ijora Badia.

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Oba Lateef Adeyemi Housing Estate. PIC by UrbanMystique: 5:17pm On Jul 22, 2014
EkoIle1:

It's under construction like the same Ilubiin scheme GEJ's errand boy and thug Obanikoro tried to stop .

These 2 are set to be the largest estates so far...

1,254 units in Ilubrin and 1,080 units in Ijora Badia.
niceeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Fashola Commissions Oba Lateef Adeyemi Housing Estate. PIC by youngmonie: 5:20pm On Jul 22, 2014
Good job on the governor, this is real economic development that we want in Nigeria. Imagine if this is done in every local government in the state. The spiral effect it will have on JOBS, they will employ bricklayers, architects, surveyors, electricians, plumbers, welders, engineers, painters, local business too will benefit, those that sell block, cement, iron , wood, windows, roofing sheets, nails, doors, kitchen units, the economic benefits are just enormous.

That is wht infrastructural development is very key to economic growth, something the governor has not relented in doing in lagos, same with akpabio they understand the effect it has

so many people would benefit economically

6 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Oba Lateef Adeyemi Housing Estate. PIC by Firefire(m): 5:30pm On Jul 22, 2014
seanet01: Go and inquire from the Lagos state Ministry of housing.

If that would be your response, then why not allow the Lagos state Ministry of housing to post and make comments here instead of you people bringing on NAIRALAND FALSE INFORMATION and Half truth.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked :oNAIRALANDER's BEWARE of those who came in sheep clothings. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Oba Lateef Adeyemi Housing Estate. PIC by EkoIle1: 5:35pm On Jul 22, 2014
And let's not forget job creation and the thousands of construction workers, vendors, building material suppliers and importers, artisans and many more getting paid and feeding their families because of this huge housing program..

Delivering 200 units every month is not an easy task...

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Oba Lateef Adeyemi Housing Estate. PIC by EkoIle1: 5:37pm On Jul 22, 2014
youngmonie: Good job on the governor, this is real economic development that we want in Nigeria. Imagine if this is done in every local government in the state. The spiral effect it will have on JOBS, they will employ bricklayers, architects, surveyors, electricians, plumbers, welders, engineers, painters, local business too will benefit, those that sell block, cement, iron , wood, windows, roofing sheets, nails, doors, kitchen units, the economic benefits are just enormous.

That is wht infrastructural development is very key to economic growth, something the governor has not relented in doing in lagos, same with akpabio they understand the effect it has

so many people would benefit economically

Well said..

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Oba Lateef Adeyemi Housing Estate. PIC by lakpalakpa: 5:50pm On Jul 22, 2014
Why are Ibos pained that Fashola is doing a good job??

angry
Re: Fashola Commissions Oba Lateef Adeyemi Housing Estate. PIC by Gbawe: 6:14pm On Jul 22, 2014
UrbanMystique: I thought they said fashola only works for Islanders ?

Only deceitful m0r0ns say that and we all all know precisely what motivates them to say such nonsense. I am from Surulere and have never tired of explaining to folks that those who claim Fashola is elitist and working only for Island-dwellers are wicked and evil elements who do not truly love Lagos and the transformation she is seeing under Fashola.

7 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Oba Lateef Adeyemi Housing Estate. PIC by Urine: 6:20pm On Jul 22, 2014
Why can't we make this man our president?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Oba Lateef Adeyemi Housing Estate. PIC by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 22, 2014
EkoIle1: Now, lets clap worth some of the lucky home owners and happy lagosians...

I didnt see any poor looking man in that pix....seems the well wishers of those in government are the beneficiaries..SMH
Re: Fashola Commissions Oba Lateef Adeyemi Housing Estate. PIC by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 22, 2014
berem: This thread is on the 5th page and it hasn't made front page yet?

Pls Mods should move this thread to Property section..... any way Fashola dey try pass Amaechi thief, if only Tinubu will not colonize these properties as his personal estates
Re: Fashola Commissions Oba Lateef Adeyemi Housing Estate. PIC by dozzzybaba: 6:25pm On Jul 22, 2014
Governor Ibikunle Amosun's Housing projects in Ogun state is also laudable.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Oba Lateef Adeyemi Housing Estate. PIC by seanet01: 6:39pm On Jul 22, 2014
Firefire:

If that would be your response, then why not allow the Lagos state Ministry of housing to post and make comments here instead of you people bringing on NAIRALAND FALSE INFORMATION and Half truth.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked :oNAIRALANDER's BEWARE of those who came in sheep clothings. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

mumu. Don't tell me a civil servant cannot afford to pay 3m-5m within 30 years

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Oba Lateef Adeyemi Housing Estate. PIC by EkoIle1: 6:42pm On Jul 22, 2014
CHESSBOARD:

I didnt see any poor looking man in that pix....seems the well wishers of those in government are the beneficiaries..SMH

CHESSBOARD:

How can you be asking the best Governor in the South East to leave.... I mean, I am from Abia state but this guy is the best thing to happen to SE in terms of infrastructure...why are you hating bro

Explains your dumb comment...

Typical ignorant and idiotic village nonsense...

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Oba Lateef Adeyemi Housing Estate. PIC by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 22, 2014
Thunder fire all APC leaders and APC e-goats if they dont present Fashola as the presidential candidate of APC in 2015 ahead of the likes of Buhari/Kwankwaso. Yeye dey smell.

Meanwhile, besides the deportation saga, I have nothing against Fashola as a PERSON. Yes, I may have criticized him a few times, but that was mostly to counter the propaganda, hate, lies and clannish tendencies of APC e-goats.

Again, I have also criticized Fashola for his penchant for attacking the president unnecessarily of late. I guess he is working very hard to impress the godfathers in APC ahead of the sharing of political offices in APC post-2015.

Beside of all the above, Fashola is a hardworking fine gentleman, an excellent administrator and one of the best governors in the country.

Definitely, he would have done better if not for the over-bearing influence of Thi.efnubu.

What is certain is that while many people are impressed with Fashola, Tinubu, the thief, is certainly not impressed. Consequently, Tinubu, the notorious thief, will ensure nothing for Fashola on the platform of APC post-2015.

The possibility of Fashola defecting to PDP after 2015 is very high.
Re: Fashola Commissions Oba Lateef Adeyemi Housing Estate. PIC by EkoIle1: 7:15pm On Jul 22, 2014
[s]
Sincere9gerian: Thunder fire all APC leaders and APC e-goats if they dont present Fashola as the presidential candidate of APC in 2015 ahead of the likes of Buhari/Kwankwaso. Yeye dey smell.

Meanwhile, besides the deportation saga, I have nothing against Fashola as a PERSON. Yes, I may have criticized him a few times, but that was mostly to counter the propaganda, hate, lies and clannish tendencies of APC e-goats.

Again, I have also criticized Fashola for his penchant for attacking the president unnecessarily of late. I guess he is working very hard to impress the godfathers in APC ahead of the sharing of political offices in post-2015.

Beside of all the above, Fashola is a hardworking fine gentleman, an excellent administrator and one of the best governors in the country.

Definitely, he would have done better if not for the over-bearing influence Tinubu.

What is certain is that while many people are impressed with Fashola, Tinubu is certainly not impressed. Consequently, Tinubu will ensure nothing for Fashola on the platform of APC post-2015.

[/s]

You are utterly irrelevant.

9 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Oba Lateef Adeyemi Housing Estate. PIC by bigass(f): 7:22pm On Jul 22, 2014
Sincere9gerian: Thunder fire all APC leaders and APC e-goats if they dont present Fashola as the presidential candidate of APC in 2015 ahead of the likes of Buhari/Kwankwaso. Yeye dey smell.

Again, I have also criticized Fashola for his penchant for attacking the president unnecessarily of late. I guess he is working very hard to impress the godfathers in APC ahead of the sharing of political offices in APC post-2015.

Definitely, he would have done better if not for the over-bearing influence of Thi.efnubu.

What is certain is that while many people are impressed with Fashola, Tinubu, the thief, is certainly not impressed. Consequently, Tinubu, the notorious thief, will ensure nothing for Fashola on the platform of APC post-2015.

why do you display this kind of attitude na

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Oba Lateef Adeyemi Housing Estate. PIC by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 22, 2014
bigass:

why do you display this kind of attitude na
I am Sincere9gerian
Re: Fashola Commissions Oba Lateef Adeyemi Housing Estate. PIC by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 22, 2014
lakpalakpa: Why are some Ibos pained that Fashola is doing a good job??

angry
fixed! Learn not to generalize please!

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Oba Lateef Adeyemi Housing Estate. PIC by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 22, 2014
Sincere9gerian: [s] Thunder fire all APC leaders and APC e-goats if they dont present Fashola as the presidential candidate of APC in 2015 ahead of the likes of Buhari/Kwankwaso. Yeye dey smell.

The possibility of Fashola defecting to PDP after 2015 is very high. [/s]
Shattap! You deserve this: angry

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Family Of Female Corper Trapped In Collapsed Ikoyi Building Prays She Is Alive / Amazing Architectural Drawings And Building Plans / Affordable Properties In Ogun State For Sell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.