Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter (81997 Views)

Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo / The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) / What Cream And Soap Can A Dark Skin Person Use (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by Nobody: 8:28am On Jan 04, 2015
Happy New year dearie

1 Like

Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by Starx(f): 1:21pm On Jan 04, 2015
mysteriouxx:
Happy New year dearie

Wish you the same, love! smiley
Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by ovalrose(f): 7:06pm On Jan 11, 2015
Starx:

I'm glad to hear it. Speaking of darkening, did you use it in the sunlight?
Wish you a very Merry Christmas... in arrears smiley
happy new year,starx. I always use it cos I have skin so dry its liable to tear easily bt now even it can't fight this harmattan weather anymore. I don tire
Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by Starx(f): 10:01pm On Jan 11, 2015
ovalrose:

happy new year,starx. I always use it cos I have skin so dry its liable to tear easily bt now even it can't fight this harmattan weather anymore. I don tire

Hello dear,
This harmattan weather really is something, isn't it? A few days ago, I realized I used lotion up to three different times during the day to combat the ashy skin ish that the dry weather causes...lol. It was nearly crazy. I swear, in the past week, I have used more lotion than I usually use in a month.

Really sorry about the dryness issue. We really must protect that beautiful skin from drying. angry When the first wave of the harmattan hit, I added a bit of coconut oil to my body cream. But, with the intensity of the dryness in the weather increased, I would need to increase the coconut oil in the mix. Coconut oil is light and non-greasy and is made up of small molecules that can be easily absorbed into the skin to make moisture last for longer....as this weather seems determined to suck up all moisture from our skin. I would suggest you add a good quantity of coconut oil to your body cream to combat dryness. I really wouldn't recommend heavy oils such as cocoa butter and shea butter because of their ability to cause darkening in heavy sunlight. For folks who live abroad and experience very light sunlight in the winter, these butters are a great option to fighting dry skin during the cold period. For us in Naija (and others in tropical regions), lighter oils is the way to go. I will share other healthy measures to combat dryness as I discover them.

Hope I was able to provide some help, dear. Let me know how it goes. We will survive this period with our skin in great condition. (Amen) smiley smiley smiley
Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by Starx(f): 11:48pm On Jan 11, 2015
bree01:
I have been applying shea butter on my face for about a month. Recently, I used baby oil in my hair and suffered tremendous acne breakout. Most of it is gone. I washed my hair thoroughly and have stayed away from the baby oil.
A few days ago, I noticed that my facial skin is tender. I continued with the shea butter but added cocoa butter to it for some relief. I use black soap too to wash twice daily. Lemon Sugar scrub about once in 3 days when I can't stand the bumpiness.

Is there something I am doing wrong?. I still have breakouts and spots, I am beginning to accept that these will be there at every ovulation period.
All products are raw, unrefined.

Also, I sometimes apply lemon on the spots and breakouts. The tenderness is actually on the smooth areas.

Hello love, just went through your post again and realized I totally missed what you mentioned about ovulation being a factor that may be considered. I'm sorry about that. It made me realize I also notice breakouts and pimples during the premenstrual period. Here is an article from a medical journal about how this comes about. It was quite educative for me, I hope you find it enlightening as well smiley;

The Link Between Estrogen and Acne

When women have mild to moderate acne that comes and goes in sync with their menstrual cycles, bumps usually break out just after ovulation and clear up just after menstruation. “Menstrual acne” begins when estrogen levels begin to decline, about the midpoint of the menstrual cycle, and is at its worst just before menstruation, when estrogen levels start to go up again.

The way hormones have an influence on acne in women is through activation of oil making glands in the skin known as sebocytes. These cells make the oils that flush dead skin cells and excess bacteria out of a pore. Small amounts of oil in pores actually help keep them clean, as well as making the skin more flexible.

The sebocytes are activated by testosterone. Every woman’s body makes tiny amounts of testosterone, primarily in the ovaries. Androgen-activated receptor sites in a woman’s body respond to testosterone in the same way they would respond in a man’s body, except that most women’s bodies make much less testosterone and have much lower skin oil production and hair formation than most men.

Estrogen levels start to climb at the beginning of the menstrual cycle. The estrogen binds to the cell receptors that would otherwise respond to testosterone. This “turns off” oil production and helps clear up pores.

Estrogen levels fall after ovulation. There is less estrogen to bind to the cell receptors in oil glands, so they are more likely to be activated by testosterone. They continue to produce excess oil until estrogen levels begin to climb again the next month.

There can be some lag time between increased oil production in the skin and acne breakouts timed to the menstrual cycle. If the skin is properly cleansed, acne may not break out at all. Not all of the pores in women’s skin that respond to testosterone are in the face. There may be about 1/3 as many activated pores on the back as in the face, and it is even possible for acne to break out on the chest in women.

My notes;
* The decreased levels of estrogen and the increased levels of testosterone during the premenstrual period causes increase in oil production which in turn increases the chances of developing breakouts and acne.
* Breakouts (from these fluctuations) may happen on the chest as well, so I know better than to freak out when that happens... smiley
* Once the estrogen levels return to normal, the breakouts and acne triggered also go away..well, till the next month...lol
* "Small amounts of oil in pores actually help keep them clean, as well as making the skin more flexible." I already found this to be true. Good to have original knowledge validated.

2 Likes

Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by bree01: 4:03am On Jan 12, 2015
Thank you for the update. I have yet to start steaming but I persisted in my use of the shea butter. I reduced the use of the black soap to once a day or every other day. Then I noticed a new challenge. My skin is so dry and feels leathery so quickly so I started to add oils to the shea butter. There is significant improvement. I know the weather compounds issues but there are times that I consider returning to my old lotions.

I think my persistence may have paid off. Much fewer acne breakout(so far) this cycle; knock on wood. I keep poor track of my ovulation date when oga is away.

I plan to try different ratios to mix shea butter and almond oil and find the best formula for my skin. In warm weather, shea butter/coconut oil was perfect. But now, I need to reapply more than once daily

1 Like

Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by Nobody: 8:26am On Jan 12, 2015
Hello and gud day all!...my sis used a carotone BSC cream for the treatment of acne on her face burn the cream bleached/burnt her cheeks cos dats d areas she do apply d cream..nw she can"t go bk to sch cos she is shy of that and hv stopped using d cream already...pls is dere any remedy dat will return dose places back to its normal colour?..some parts of her face are white while some re dark like one juju man..lol..pls help!!!!!..ur advice is highly apprecited..she needs to go bk to sch cos she has been indoors since jan 5th...thanks.
Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by Nobody: 9:13am On Jan 12, 2015
bestdeals0:
Hello and gud day all!...my sis used a carotone BSC cream for the treatment of acne on her face burn the cream bleached/burnt her cheeks cos dats d areas she do apply d cream..nw she can"t go bk to sch cos she is shy of that and hv stopped using d cream already...pls is dere any remedy dat will return dose places back to its normal colour?..some parts of her face are white while some re dark like one juju man..lol..pls help!!!!!..ur advice is highly apprecited..she needs to go bk to sch cos she has been indoors since jan 5th...thanks.
pls i need ur advice on dis pals!
Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by Starx(f): 2:01pm On Jan 12, 2015
bestdeals0:
pls i need ur advice on dis pals!

Hello dear,

Yes, it is usually possible to remedy skin problems, majorly because the human skin possesses rejuvenating properties and has the capacity to heal itself provided what is causing damage has been eliminated. You may wish to aid this process though. Because of their capacity to do more harm than good, I usually do not recommend non organic remedies. Natural remedies are great at restoring your skin to peak condition without interfering with its normal workings.

So sorry to hear about what happened to your sister. It hurts in a significant way when I hear about these situations because I went through a similar situation. Yes, your sister will definitely get better. The bleached part means her skin has been stripped of melanin and the burnt part literally means there really were burns. The homemade facial mask (oats and honey) and steaming I recommend have always worked well in restoring the skin to a healthy state. Please, check previous posts to see how to do each of these in details. However, like any natural process, this takes consistency and patience. You will begin to notice a difference in a day or two though.

Please, tell your sister not to be too troubled. Her face will recover and become even more amazing than before. The great thing about skin recovery is that when it's done, your skin looks even more great because it has received nourishment like never before. smiley I understand about about her not wanting to be seen yet (her being indoors and all) but as she gets better, she should start braving it. Friends are more interested in what you are not what you look like at the moment. I'm sure her amazing self has not been affected by this occurrence. It's just that shit happens...sometimes wink We pick ourselves up and get better.

Here are my recommendations;
Morning: Oats and honey mask. Apply a pea-sized amount of shea butter afterwards. Massage well into the face so it does not stay on top of the skin which may cause some clogging.
Night: Steaming. Oats and honey mask. Same application of shea butter just before bed.
Note:
Buy Ghana shea butter, if you can. Their shea tree seems to contain even more helpful ingredients.
Let your sister include veggies and fruits in her meals and be sure to eat healthy. Healthy skin is from inside out.

Let me know how things go. I will do some more research into natural remedies for very damaged skin and let you know how that goes. Great to hear from you...

1 Like

Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by Starx(f): 2:15pm On Jan 12, 2015
bree01:
Thank you for the update. I have yet to start steaming but I persisted in my use of the shea butter. I reduced the use of the black soap to once a day or every other day. Then I noticed a new challenge. My skin is so dry and feels leathery so quickly so I started to add oils to the shea butter. There is significant improvement. I know the weather compounds issues but there are times that I consider returning to my old lotions.

I think my persistence may have paid off. Much fewer acne breakout(so far) this cycle; knock on wood. I keep poor track of my ovulation date when oga is away.

I plan to try different ratios to mix shea butter and almond oil and find the best formula for my skin. In warm weather, shea butter/coconut oil was perfect. But now, I need to reapply more than once daily

Hello dear,

Yes, I also notice black soap is very drying. It really strips the face of oils, which requires you to replace it (the oil lost) after cleansing your face with it. I'm glad to hear about your own personal tries and mixes. As you try mixes, it encourages understanding the uniqueness of your skin, how it responds to different weather conditions and what nourishes it best... I find any form of learning enjoyable. smiley There's nothing more fulfilling than finding that perfect mix. Sounds like you use your shea butter during the day. The lotions you spoke about, how are their ingredients like? If you didn't notice anything adverse in the past from using them and they don't seem to contain anything dangerous/harmful to your skin, then they should be safe.
Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 12, 2015
Starx:

Hello dear,

Yes, it is usually possible to remedy skin problems, majorly because the human skin possesses rejuvenating properties and has the capacity to heal itself provided what is causing damage has been eliminated. You may wish to aid this process though. Because of their capacity to do more harm than good, I usually do not recommend non organic remedies. Natural remedies are great at restoring your skin to peak condition without interfering with its normal workings.

So sorry to hear about what happened to your sister. It hurts in a significant way when I hear about these situations because I went through a similar situation. Yes, your sister will definitely get better. The bleached part means her skin has been stripped of melanin and the burnt part literally means there really were burns. The homemade facial mask (oats and honey) and steaming I recommend have always worked well in restoring the skin to a healthy state. Please, check previous posts to see how to do each of these in details. However, like any natural process, this takes consistency and patience. You will begin to notice a difference in a day or two though.

Please, tell your sister not to be too troubled. Her face will recover and become even more amazing than before. The great thing about skin recovery is that when it's done, your skin looks even more great because it has received nourishment like never before. smiley I understand about about her not wanting to be seen yet (her being indoors and all) but as she gets better, she should start braving it. Friends are more interested in what you are not what you look like at the moment. I'm sure her amazing self has not been affected by this occurrence. It's just that shit happens...sometimes wink We pick ourselves up and get better.

Here are my recommendations;
Morning: Oats and honey mask. Apply a pea-sized amount of shea butter afterwards. Massage well into the face to it does not stay on top of the skin which may cause some clogging.
Night: Steaming. Oats and honey mask. Same application of shea butter just before bed.
Note:
Buy Ghana shea butter, if you can. Their shea tree seems to contain even more helpful ingredients.
Let your sister include veggies and fruits in her meals and be sure to each healthy. Healthy skin is from inside out.

Let me know how things go. I will do some more research into natural remedies for very damaged skin and let you know how that goes. Great to hear from you...
wow!...thanks alot for dis dearie..u are a darling..meanwhile, we visited a dermatologist and she recommended dt she shouldnt use anytin containin chemical on her face til futher notice...dat she should always use either a toilet or locally made soap..also she instructed dt we should mix palm kernel oil and unadulterated shea butter and she should apply it on her face anytime she is indoors and by 3days she will c d changes it will perform on her face...tnx for d info dear..any research or idea is still highly welcomed...am grateful!.
Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by iamord(m): 4:00pm On Jan 12, 2015
Hello everyone! Pls can anyone recommend a good dermatologist for me, I was light chocolate but the complexion darkened due to the harsh climate condition et all! I need my flawless skin back!!!
Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by Starx(f): 4:06pm On Jan 12, 2015
bestdeals0:
wow!...thanks alot for dis dearie..u are a darling..meanwhile, we visited a dermatologist and she recommended dt she shouldnt use anytin containin chemical on her face til futher notice...dat she should always use either a toilet or locally made soap..also she instructed dt we should mix palm kernel oil and unadulterated shea butter and she should apply it on her face anytime she is indoors and by 3days she will c d changes it will perform on her face...tnx for d info dear..any research or idea is still highly welcomed...am grateful!.

Great. Chemicals are bad for the skin. For damaged skin, they would be seriously dangerous. I'm glad to hear you got help from a professional. smiley Wish your sister the best with her recovery. The sunlight might not be great for her damaged skin (because the protective melanin has been tampered with). Would be best to stay out of the sunlight till she gets better. Let me know if you need any more help.

1 Like

Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 12, 2015
Starx:

Great. Chemicals are bad for the skin. For damaged skin, they would be seriously dangerous. I'm glad to hear you got help from a professional. smiley Wish your sister the best with her recovery. The sunlight might not be great for her damaged skin (because the protective melanin has been tampered with). Would be best to stay out of the sunlight till she gets better. Let me know if you need any more help.
alright..tnx dear..i sent u a mail...pls reply
Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by Starx(f): 7:09pm On Jan 12, 2015
bestdeals0:
alright..tnx dear..i sent u a mail...pls reply

I just did smiley
Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by Starx(f): 7:18pm On Jan 12, 2015
iamord:
Hello everyone! Pls can anyone recommend a good dermatologist for me, I was light chocolate but the complexion darkened due to the harsh climate condition et all! I need my flawless skin back!!!

Hello there,

I'm sorry I can't help with referring you to a dermatologist. If you speak with your doctor though, I'm sure he or she will be able to recommend a trusted dermatologist for you. Wish you the best. smiley
Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by Uniqueempress(f): 9:55pm On Jan 12, 2015
bestdeals0:
pls, can I know the location of the dermatologist you saw?
Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by iamord(m): 4:26am On Jan 13, 2015
Starx:

Hello there,

I'm sorry I can't help with referring you to a dermatologist. If you speak with your doctor though, I'm sure he or she will be able to recommend a trusted dermatologist for you. Wish you the best. smiley
well thanks dear! I appreciate

1 Like

Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by Nobody: 6:56am On Jan 13, 2015
Uniqueempress:
pls, can I know the location of the dermatologist you saw?
anambra
Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by kataleya(f): 9:57am On Jan 20, 2015
Starx:

Hello there, great to know these have been helpful smiley

I usually don't use regular makeup. But from watching videos of makeup tutorials, I often notice the cream (that is, the cream you use during the day) works as a moisturizer and comes just before the foundation/concealer. From what you said, it would seem like you have an acne prone skin. A light, non-greasy cream would be great as a moisturizer while not being heavy enough to clog your pores. Also, exfoliate regularly, clean up make-up carefully at the end of everyday and use a light moisturizer before bed. It would reduce the possibility of your pores getting clogged and causing breakouts.

Hope this was helpful, dear smiley
it really was helpful, tanx so much. one more thing, I am following your regimen and I my skin is smoother and softer but am also darker how can I lighten up cos I dnt want to stop using sheabutter. Also would you recommend sheabutter as a light moisturizer like you suggested? tanx

1 Like

Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by Starx(f): 12:39am On Jan 27, 2015
kataleya:
it really was helpful, tanx so much. one more thing, I am following your regimen and I my skin is smoother and softer but am also darker how can I lighten up cos I dnt want to stop using sheabutter. Also would you recommend sheabutter as a light moisturizer like you suggested? tanx

Hello dear,
I'm sorry I'm just now getting back to you. The one thing I've noticed from personal use is that when I use shea butter in the sunlight, I get browner. But as a moisturizer before bed (it helps locks moisture in your skin or hair for longer), it doesn't have any effect on my pigmentation or on those of close friends. Do you use your shea butter in the sunlight? I would recommend shea butter, only before bed. During the day, a light moisturizer (lotions and body creams that do not contain harmful ingredients, used lightly of course) would be great for the skin. Heavy butters like shea and cocoa encourage tanning when used with exposure to sunlight.

What do you currently use during the day, dear?
Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by DopeGod(m): 9:03am On Feb 05, 2015
Hey starx...I cnt thank you enuf..even tho am not dat thanking type...ur remedy went a long way for me...now I can proudly say am a fine boiz without dose pimples...ur oat,honey and ori stuff worked perfectly for me... cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by kataleya(f): 4:32pm On Feb 06, 2015
Starx:

Hello dear,
I'm sorry I'm just now getting back to you. The one thing I've noticed from personal use is that when I use shea butter in the sunlight, I get browner. But as a moisturizer before bed (it helps locks moisture in your skin or hair for longer), it doesn't have any effect on my pigmentation or on those of close friends. Do you use your shea butter in the sunlight? I would recommend shea butter, only before bed. During the day, a light moisturizer (lotions and body creams that do not contain harmful ingredients, used lightly of course) would be great for the skin. Heavy butters like shea and cocoa encourage tanning when used with exposure to sunlight.

What do you currently use during the day, dear?
tanx so much for your help. I'm even sharing your regimen with friends that suffer from acne and there's been improvement. I use my body cream Extract for my face but am not comfortable with it. I think I need a day time moisturizer. I started mixing it with coconut oil though and still waiting for results

1 Like

Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by expozey(f): 11:55am On Feb 12, 2015
Starx:

I'm flattered, dear. Would be glad to hear from you and swap experiences.

Oh yes, me too. Bbpin 749CB910

1 Like

Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by Nobody: 2:36pm On Feb 12, 2015
hmm! This thread seems interesting. Following! but I have been using the shea butter on my skin, and i notice a little bit of darkening than usual, it left my skin feeling soft and smooth, i had to stop using it when it darkened my skin tone. Then i used it on my hair tho, it helps it to grow smiley

1 Like

Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by Starx(f): 1:35am On Feb 22, 2015
kataleya:
tanx so much for your help. I'm even sharing your regimen with friends that suffer from acne and there's been improvement. I use my body cream Extract for my face but am not comfortable with it. I think I need a day time moisturizer. I started mixing it with coconut oil though and still waiting for results

Hello dear,

I've wanted to get back to you before now but I've had some difficulty with access. I was recently robbed on a trip. It was really crazy but I'm fine now smiley

There are two natural skin brightening products I know of and use. These are lime/lemon and honey. For brighter skin, incorporating one or both products in your facial scrubs or masks will promote glowing skin. Please, use lime/lemon juice with care for delicate skin. You may wish to dilute it with water if you want to use it by itself. Applying a drop or two of honey on damp face works as a great night moisturizer and you get even glowing skin in the bargain. I often alternate between using honey or pure Shea butter at night. Lime/lemon juice also works as a great facial cleanser. Using a few drops in my honey and oats mix before bed not only brightens the skin but also assists in drying out pimples and clearing acne scars.

Remember to use very little lime/lemon juice when trying it on your face for the first time to observe how much of it your skin can tolerate smiley
Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by Starx(f): 1:43am On Feb 22, 2015
Nneka123:
hmm! This thread seems interesting. Following! but I have been using the shea butter on my skin, and i notice a little bit of darkening than usual, it left my skin feeling soft and smooth, i had to stop using it when it darkened my skin tone. Then i used it on my hair tho, it helps it to grow smiley

Thank you for your kind words smiley
Sorry to hear about it. Did you use it on your skin in the sunlight? Great to hear you're incorporating Shea butter in hair care.
Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by Nobody: 3:18am On Feb 22, 2015
Starx:

Thank you for your kind words smiley
Sorry to hear about it. Did you use it on your skin in the sunlight? Great to hear you're incorporating Shea butter in hair care.
well i use it all the time, it became my body lotion, even though i don't like the smell, but you know the sun in Nigeria is really bad, so i guess it was also a major problem that led to my skin tone being darkened... and yeah! i love it on my hair, it's nice.

1 Like

Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by Starx(f): 2:56pm On Feb 22, 2015
DopeGod:
Hey starx...I cnt thank you enuf..even tho am not dat thanking type...ur remedy went a long way for me...now I can proudly say am a fine boiz without dose pimples...ur oat,honey and ori stuff worked perfectly for me... cheesy
I am glad to hear it smiley
Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by Starx(f): 3:07pm On Feb 22, 2015
Nneka123:
well i use it all the time, it became my body lotion, even though i don't like the smell, but you know the sun in Nigeria is really bad, so i guess it was also a major problem that led to my skin tone being darkened... and yeah! i love it on my hair, it's nice.

Hello dear,

Yes, this would account for darkening. If you take baths before bed at night, you could still enjoy its amazing benefits on your skin overnight by using it as a night cream. Using Shea butter in the sun increases melanin deposits in the skin, which is basically what constitutes our darkness (or lack of it). Continue to use a light moisturizer and your skin would return to its original pigmentation. Hope you exfoliate regularly too.

I love love Shea butter for hair. My hair is natural and Shea butter is my "holy grail" for my hair and skin smiley In fact, it is this discovery and my falling in love with it that inspired the creation of this thread.

Great to read from you. How is your skin pigmentation now?
Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by Nobody: 6:40pm On Feb 22, 2015
Starx:

Hello dear,

Yes, this would account for darkening. If you take baths before bed at night, you could still enjoy its amazing benefits on your skin overnight by using it as a night cream. Using Shea butter in the sun increases melanin deposits in the skin, which is basically what constitutes our darkness (or lack of it). Continue to use a light moisturizer and your skin would return to its original pigmentation. Hope you exfoliate regularly too.

I love love Shea butter for hair. My hair is natural and Shea butter is my "holy grail" for my hair and skin smiley In fact, it is this discovery and my falling in love with it that inspired the creation of this thread.

Great to read from you. How is your skin pigmentation now?
whoa! never knew all these. ok i will just start using it as a night cream, and i use a very light moisturizer too, "simple replenishing rich moisturizer" just on my face and neck. I exfoliate too smiley

yes! it does wonders to the hair, I'm glad i started using it on my hair, i notice some changes and my hair became much smoother and soft. P.s, it's not a natural hair tho, it's relaxed. My skin is back to normal, just the forehead area is darker, which is weird lipsrsealed, i will upload a picture, and i will show you. thank you

1 Like

Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by ellawify: 7:44pm On Feb 22, 2015
Hello dear tanx for d wonderful work u av been doing here, i av really learnt a lot. My problem is my dark inner tighs, its darker dan d rest of my laps. I really need to do something about it cos it is getting me worried. Any suggestion to help me pls cos i really need to get rid of dis...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Weird Things Some Nigerian Ladies Do Just To Have Big & Firm Boobs / Yetunde Barnabas Wins Most Beautiful Girl In Abuja Pageant (Photos) / 20-Year-Old Lady Makes Wedding Dress Without A Sewing Machine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.