Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,157 members, 7,807,530 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals (55603 Views)

Gucci Scarf & Sunglasses BankyW Wore To Ebuka's Wedding (pics) / Charly Boy Celebrates Caitlyn Jenner With Photo Of His Alter Ego, Linda / Don Jazzy, Dbanj Are G-A-Y And Reps Illuminati - With Photo And Video Evidence! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 22, 2014
LOL Tonto who asked if she's your maid? www.enaijajobs.com/index/anthonia1.html
Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by NobleAky(m): 1:12pm On Jul 22, 2014
fortsierafino: Before attacking or beefing her, you guys should know the different between maid and maidservant,

[size=8pt]Maid= A girl or an unmarried young woman
Maidservant= a female servant or cleaner

I can see clearly that she used the word daughter/maid showing she meant good not the other maid servant

why all the beef?

checkout her skin, beauty and dressing. does she look like a maidservant?

Ndi mmadu self
Tonto in not learned enough for this analysis, so spare us this because we all know she is referring to her maidservant
Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by IYANGBALI: 1:13pm On Jul 22, 2014
Lilimax:
Why e go pain me nah?
But your comment was uncalled for embarassed
ok I'm sowie you are my sister from another mother. Kiss kiss
Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by MrT2011(m): 1:18pm On Jul 22, 2014
kaybyte: thanks jare. she is commiting the act of lesbianism with that made thats why she is very proud of the babe and i think is because the does anything she demands. she just dey fool all of una wey dey sorpot her

You are a Devil!

You must be gay too and for you to imagine what you said, you must be doing such.

Tomorrow you go to church and be singing praises- anuofia!

1 Like

Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by linearity: 1:19pm On Jul 22, 2014
Burger01:
Must she use the word 'maid'? That's classless to me and she made it sound like she is a colonial dunce smiley... and even if the fine lady is her maid must she blow trumpet. I'm sure the lady won't be happy she was called maid and blown to the whole world. It's ok calling her daughter. We don't need pride.. angry

You are the one that is proud, you are proud because, you think you know the meaning of maid, you are proud and get it blown to the whole world, stop blowing your trumpet of mediocre. And what evidence led you to conclude that...."I,m sure the lady won't be happy she called maid..."?

Maid is not colonial, it is been used today in the same sense it was used centuries ago.

Just because of your mediocrity, should we also stop or better ban words like bridesmaids, maid of honor, etc from our vocabulary?

3 Likes

Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by abbey621(m): 1:19pm On Jul 22, 2014
Jobless Nigerians, always having blood pressure over another person's matter. If Dangote called most of you to become his maid, butler or gateman you would jump at the opportunity, so spare me the crap! A maid is a maid, simple. Half of you probably wish your parents treated you as well as Tonto treats her maid/daughter grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by obas1o: 1:19pm On Jul 22, 2014
Good day every one, I just discover a website that pays u for sharing sometin with ur friends on socail networks like facebook,twitter,googlepus and so on and they also pay dirctly to ur local bank account, wen u place their advert on ur fb or twitter wall and 1 person click on it , dy pay u #10, and when 100 people click it,it gana be 100*10 which is = 1k, and wen u also refer some one to them and d person join vip member,dy pay u #1000,and u can also sigup for a challenge,if u are able to invite 50 frnds to them and they join vip, u r done,cus u will be recieving a total of 100k monthly and if u also invite 10 vips to them u will be paid 10k monthly for 14 months,and if u invite 30 vips u will be paid 50k monthly for 14months, follow the below link to get started http://www.winthrills.com/?ref=obas1o ,after successfully registeration u upgrade ur membership to vip with just 3k, so that u can have access to all their bonus,mind you the 3k is just a dime,cus u can make it within a day even 5k,and make sure your sponsor their is ochuko paul

. Please u may think this is a scam,yahoo or 419..but please i asure u ,is 100% real and legit.but if u r still doubtin no prob, just goto www.google.com,i mean google search engine, and search "winthrills.com is it real or scam?" after that click send,,and see testimonies.but after confirmin don't forget to come back and use my referer link. ,http://www.winthrills.com/?ref=obas1o ..best of luck.
Feel free to contact me if u are encounterin any errors
08158420650 on what'sapp or call
or u can add me on facebook with http://fb.com/obasguru
Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by Orikinla(m): 1:19pm On Jul 22, 2014
To Onyinye and every Onyinye in the world.
May you be celebrated with thanksgivings to God.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY2H2ZP56K4
Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by ceejayluv(m): 1:21pm On Jul 22, 2014
She's a maid... Simple!
Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by obiscolly(m): 1:21pm On Jul 22, 2014
linearity:

don't mind them, they are dying of jealousy, na dis same people wey hate the word "maid" because it means "slavery" and should not be used in a modern society got plenty bridesmaids for their wedding or are looking for cheap bridesmaids now....hypocrisy....dem go even get maid of honor join am.

Wikipedia say...A maid is a female person employed in domestic service....Tonto carry go mare and kudos for giving this sister the opportunity earn a living, a roof over her head, food, clothing, etc and to top it all...allowing to continue her education.

Abi oo...i'm sure if many of them were Bill Gates' maids they'd proudly put it on all their social media account profiles..lol

1 Like

Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by antartica(m): 1:27pm On Jul 22, 2014
Stupid stunt. Gucci my assz. If only these poor girls and boys are not more or less slaves in Nigeria where there are no protections whosoever for vulnerable children,she can't afford her in the real.
Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by emmabest2000(m): 1:28pm On Jul 22, 2014
FlirtyKaren: Tonto Dikeh just shared this photo of her cook Onyinye off for exams today rocking her Gucci sandals. Trust Nigerians, Tonto has instead sparked an outrage as people are condemning her for calling the lady her maid. Read the comments after the cut

http://www.lailasblog.com/2014/07/tonto-dikeh-shares-photo-of-her-maid.html
Tonto has use style made this girl a celebrity lol...

1 Like

Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by aminaeke: 1:37pm On Jul 22, 2014
I dont see anything wrong in refering to her as maid, it all depends on what is in the readers mind, all those that have negative felling abt the (maid) are those that treat maids as slaves which is not supposed to be. Tonto is just proud of the girl and want people to know she treats her as equal, case close. If she call her sister, Onyiye, friend, etc una go still complain. (ABI UNA BE EMETA-MMA )

1 Like

Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by Bryancrox(m): 1:47pm On Jul 22, 2014
KingAdeOluomo1:
And so
Dey ur lane
Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by Konjour(m): 1:50pm On Jul 22, 2014
Maid. Handmaiden. Househelp. Domestic staff. They're all functional names and if the girl in

question is being treated fairly and is being paid the wages for the services she renders, I don't

see any cause for an 'outrage' by people who've probably got same in their homes.

Being a househelp is an unfortunate position to be in, in my opinion. But the girl in question still

attends college which is the first thing I noticed and I think her tuition is probably being footed by

her boss which would be a great thing to do. In due course, she'll become her own boss by

getting educated. The 'outrage' people feel about the title 'maid' is probably due to the continuous

use of the word by the employer but honestly, it shouldn't be anybody's headache.

She who pays the piper dictates the tune innit?!
Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by Rossikki: 1:54pm On Jul 22, 2014
That girl looks too young to be anybody's 'maid'. Tonto should get someone older to do her housework. This is child exploitation.
Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by Nigeriannews(m): 2:03pm On Jul 22, 2014
some time is just love tonto dike any how sha lets hope its not a publicity stunt
>>http://naijatoday.com.ng
Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by segunbanks: 2:07pm On Jul 22, 2014
Please Peepz i need ur help 2lik my sister page on fb

I NEED YOUR HELP BUDDIES
Hello friend: I want you to like my sister pics and comment on her write up on
https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=624311241000511&id=615001271931508&set=a.615062018592100.1073741828.615001271931508
tell your friends to also help me like it,it
one of the things that will make her qualify
as Osun Tourism Ambassador for Year
2014.pls I count on u. camp and race to
qualify is getting out. thanks
Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by Herrmes: 2:09pm On Jul 22, 2014
Why is this on the front page?
Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by Burger01(m): 2:13pm On Jul 22, 2014
linearity:

You are the one that is proud, you are proud because, you think you know the meaning of maid, you are proud and get it blown to the whole world, stop blowing your trumpet of mediocre. And what evidence led you to conclude that...."I,m sure the lady won't be happy she called maid..."?

Maid is not colonial, it is been used today in the same sense it was used centuries ago.

Just because of your mediocrity, should we also stop or better ban words like bridesmaids, maid of honor, etc from our vocabulary?
I wasn't referring to the 'maid' meatball. I was referring to Tonto dunce smiley

Off target smiley
Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by Ediss(m): 2:15pm On Jul 22, 2014
this girl no go kill me ooooo grin
Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by Maonyz(f): 2:22pm On Jul 22, 2014
20pounds: You call another man maid like you are king Africans and our traditional values of inequality. This is why an egalitarian society will continue to be a mirage in this clime.

I have a maid at home too but now that you have come up with this, what can I call her (outside maid or househelp) to fit into her job specifications for me
Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by roufy235(m): 2:23pm On Jul 22, 2014
nice one
Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by seedorfg(m): 2:28pm On Jul 22, 2014
In pej voice= tchai tchai dis house maid don suffer, wallahiii
Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by Jambsupport(f): 2:30pm On Jul 22, 2014
d maid z nw a celeb nw o.
Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by gidjah(m): 2:38pm On Jul 22, 2014
lets not take pills over some one else's illness,the word maid does it sound disrespectful? if you mend shoes what are we gonna call you?-shoe maker or aboki.!if you tend baby what shall u be called? -nanny or baby sitter.!if u treat people ,what do we call u?doctor or nurse.if u r caught stealing,what shall be your name?-ans-thief or ole!in europe people are called by the kind of services they render, so what do we expect aunty to call her?abi we must over spiritualise all things ni?!,thats our problem in nigeria,too many religious activities but no good result and true followers!
Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by aniyphil: 2:41pm On Jul 22, 2014
Emmafrancis: Make I book space. Tonto story dey hit FP most times

damn right . . .it did !
Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by klins4213(m): 2:47pm On Jul 22, 2014
Lolz...

Bryancrox: I hate commenting on anytin dat involve Tonto nd Dicke...continue chating wit Beyonce
Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by delishpot: 2:51pm On Jul 22, 2014
obiscolly: Please what's wrong in being a maid? Are there not people called nannies, baby sitters, drivers? Naija and una wahala sef. That's just a designation of her relationship with the girl. I see no reason why you guys should read any meaning into it. It's just the idea we have and the way people treat maids in Nigeria that's causing this negative response.

True notging wrong in being called maid. But why include daughter? If she sees her as a daughter then why the maid tag again? She for give her LV handbag and a dior gown to wear and dolce gabbana pef and some swarovski earings and tiffany, bracelets to wear join na!
My daughter/ maid ko my son/ cleaner ni.
Na she sabi jor. As long as her oninye dey enjoy every human right wey human deserve for there.
But come o, tonto no dey ever spell anything right? Tinz, examz, ma daughter/ housegirl, etc.
Eh, make I go check my indomie. Me self don reach to find one son/ houseboy wey go dey cook for me and wear my expensive italian leather shoes and my silk suite and tie go write jamb.
Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by obiscolly(m): 2:58pm On Jul 22, 2014
delishpot:

True notging wrong in being called maid. But why include daughter? If she sees her as a daughter then why the maid tag again? She for give her LV handbag and a dior gown to wear and dolce gabbana pef and some swarovski earings and tiffany, bracelets to wear join na!
My daughter/ maid ko my son/ cleaner ni.
Na she sabi jor. As long as her oninye dey enjoy every human right wey human deserve for there.
But come o, tonto no dey ever spell anything right? Tinz, examz, ma daughter/ housegirl, etc.
Eh, make I go check my indomie. Me self don reach to find one son/ houseboy wey go dey cook for me and wear my expensive italian leather shoes and my silk suite and tie go write jamb.
Lol...truth is that even though I see nothing really wrong with her using the word 'maid' I still believe she's trying to pass a message across to some people. I learnt she was kinda deprived her childhood after she lost her mother. So I'm suspecting she was maltreated by whoever took her in later on. She's just trying to show that maids shouldn't be treated as junk.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wizkid's Son Boluwatife All Grown Up Now [photos] / Kidnappers Of Cynthia Okereke And Clemson Cornell Demand $100,000 Ransom / Tiwa Savage's Outfit To Toolz' Wedding In Dubai(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.