Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,279 members, 7,780,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:19 PM

Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen (45318 Views)

Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. / That Moment When Your Gas Finishes Late Night While Cooking Beans....(photos) / Safety Rules In The Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by TundeCole(m): 8:26am On Jul 22, 2014
Hi Nlanders! Just curious. Is it advisable to place your gas cylinder filled with gas right in the kitchen where you cook? Especially a not too big kitchen.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by Nobody: 10:00am On Jul 22, 2014
Put it in the corridor very close to the kitchen na and lock it well so the gas doesn't leak
Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by routsz: 11:13am On Jul 22, 2014
I have my 12.5kg right under d sink and about 15feet from d cooker. It is not d best having it in d kitchen but I don't have options as I'm prevented from boring thro d wall for piping, so . . Witnessed gas cylinder explosion while in school those days and it was horrific!

3 Likes

Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by Pavore9: 3:20pm On Jul 22, 2014
What of those that use campgas type? Most students use it to cook in their rooms.

9 Likes

Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by laudate: 1:42am On Aug 03, 2014
Hi, put the cylinder far away from your cooker when it is being used, and please ensure that your kitchen is well ventilated always (i.e. windows are always open). You can also install a small gas detector in your kitchen which can detect gas leaks, and give off an alarm if gas escapes from the cylinder or cooker. undecided

Always ensure your valves are properly fitted and the pipe/hose does not leak. Get a technician to service your burner like once a quarter to ensure that all the soot and grime is removed from the burner so that nothing disturbs the free flow of air.

Finally, get a good fire extinguisher in your kitchen with a clear indicator gauge showing the level of foam or extinguisher material in the cylinder, and learn how to use it in case of an emergency! wink

73 Likes

Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by mstik(f): 1:56am On Aug 03, 2014
It's better to keep it outside the kitchen. Gas leaks can occur, and it will be disastrous if it happens when the burner is on.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by superior1: 1:58am On Aug 03, 2014
I am not sure, learnt of some folks who died due to gas-leak explotion.
Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by Alishachris: 1:58am On Aug 03, 2014
better out in a metal enclave that in. cool Peace
Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by psychologist(m): 2:02am On Aug 03, 2014
Witches and wizards don full Nl
Them no dey slip angry

12 Likes

Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by sarutobie(m): 2:02am On Aug 03, 2014
mstik: It's better to keep it outside the kitchen. Gas leaks can occur, and it will be disastrous if it happens when the burner is on.
person wey get ear make em hear..I know a man who lost his wife and children in one fell swoop as a result of having his cylinders inside the kitchen..

2 Likes

Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by laudate: 2:06am On Aug 03, 2014
sarutobie:
person wey get ear make em hear..I know a man who lost his wife and children in one fell swoop as a result of having his cylinders inside the kitchen..

Bros, one of the posters stated that he cannot keep his cylinder outside as he is not allowed to make a hole in the wall for the pipe. So what is the best alternative?

4 Likes

Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by Aromas: 2:13am On Aug 03, 2014
Aboro lanso fun omoluabi, toba denu'e adi odidi

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by shadowwalker101: 2:15am On Aug 03, 2014
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
yh I guess
Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by laudate: 2:21am On Aug 03, 2014
routsz: I have my 12.5kg right under d sink and about 15feet from d cooker. It is not d best having it in d kitchen but I don't have options as I'm prevented from boring thro d wall for piping, so . . Witnessed gas cylinder explosion while in school those days and it was horrific!

Bros, please listen to everyone's advice on this thread and keep your gas cylinder outside your apartment. If you can't bore a hole through the wall, then make a hole near the kitchen window to pass the hose through to the cylinder once it is placed outside your premises.

7 Likes

Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by mstik(f): 2:23am On Aug 03, 2014
That's terrible!
sarutobie:

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by mazizitonene(m): 2:25am On Aug 03, 2014
What of students using camp gas ??

3 Likes

Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by mrofficial(m): 2:56am On Aug 03, 2014
It's inside my Kitchen. If you're observant and not careless, in the case that gas leakage occurs, you're sure gonna notice.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by nickz(m): 3:14am On Aug 03, 2014
safer outside but it still depends on the size of your kitchen smiley
Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by AdeniyiA(m): 3:16am On Aug 03, 2014
psychologist: Witches and wizards don full Nl
Them no dey slip angry
welcome on board....smiley
Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by scribble: 3:25am On Aug 03, 2014
God will protect us all.

11 Likes

Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by Nobody: 4:05am On Aug 03, 2014
If u place it outside won't sun have effect on d cylinder

5 Likes

Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by aieromon(m): 5:20am On Aug 03, 2014
It is really not safe to have the gas cylinder inside the kitchen but it is unavoidable when there is space constraint. Always make sure to turn off the gas valve head when not in use and always be on the lookout for leakages.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by Nobody: 5:46am On Aug 03, 2014
A gas isn't meant to be indoors,but due to the way some of houses are built here,no choice but to place it indoors.

May God protects us all.

8 Likes

Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by gabriel212: 5:53am On Aug 03, 2014
I believe it is best to keep the cylinder away from the burner and it must not come under any sockets due to spark in time of plugging in some cases. Though keeping it out of the kitchen is best but their is limitations.
If ur apartment is in the 2nd or 3rd floor
if kept outside, the sun will reduce the pipe strength. unless it is kept in place out of sunlight.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by Nobody: 6:00am On Aug 03, 2014
Aromas: Aboro lanso fun omoluabi, toba denu'e adi odidi
That is why I'm always on Electric Cooker and when there is no light Blazing with my Stove since 1900 with Biodiessel and Kerosine !!

Gas rage and issues are very touching to the Heart !!!

3 Likes

Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by Nobody: 6:06am On Aug 03, 2014
What about campgas?
Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by Innodon(m): 6:28am On Aug 03, 2014
No...I think outside the kitchen is d safest place.
Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by kudoxs(m): 6:30am On Aug 03, 2014
See question o! You definitely know the obvious answer to the question before you asked! Put it in your kitchen, it's safer that way, ode!
Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by kobonaire(m): 6:33am On Aug 03, 2014
I guess so .... the most ideal storage should be outside and then you run a pipe indoors. Unfortunately, in some circumstances, people may steal your cylinder (or outdoor storage constraints) making you keep it indoors. When growing up, we faced the same situation and faced no problems keeping the cylinder indoors. You have to be precautious though. Ensure that the adaptor + valve is snugly fit to the cylinder and make sure kids (or adventerous adults) don't play around the cylinder. Be observant for leaks (tell tale smell).
Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by Drdreluv: 6:36am On Aug 03, 2014
Ok
Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by pak: 6:36am On Aug 03, 2014
Put the gas cooker away from your cooker, yeah right ??

What about those cylinders with their cookers right on top of them ? I start cooking outdoors abi ?

8 Likes

Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by knightsTempler: 6:37am On Aug 03, 2014
undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See The #600 Food I Bought Today In Lagos. / Indomie Compensates @Dikachim For Creating Fuel Queue And Indomie Tweet / Hilarious: Nigerians On Twitter Forcing Foreigners To Accept The Name Puff Puff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.