Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,912 members, 7,806,648 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen (45556 Views)

Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. / That Moment When Your Gas Finishes Late Night While Cooking Beans....(photos) / Safety Rules In The Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by Nobody: 6:39am On Aug 03, 2014
Hi, put the cylinder far away from your cooker when it is being used, and please ensure that your kitchen is well ventilated always (i.e. windows are always open). You can also install a small gas detector in your kitchen which can detect gas leaks, and give off an alarm if gas escapes from the cylinder or cooker. undecided

Always ensure your valves are properly fitted and the pipe/hose does not leak. Get a technician to service your burner like once a quarter to ensure that all the soot and grime is removed from the burner so that nothing disturbs the free flow of air.

Finally, get a good fire extinguisher in your kitchen with a clear indicator gauge showing the level of foam or extinguisher material in the cylinder, and learn how to use it in case of an emergency! wink

Thank you.
Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by satowind(m): 6:40am On Aug 03, 2014
Another 2go update on front page #sayNoTo2goUpdate
Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by Impulse80(m): 6:41am On Aug 03, 2014
Wat of students that use everything all packaged
Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by onome710(m): 6:41am On Aug 03, 2014
iwakolewa: Hi, put the cylinder far away from your cooker when it is being used, and please ensure that your kitchen is well ventilated always (i.e. windows are always open). You can also install a small gas detector in your kitchen which can detect gas leaks, and give off an alarm if gas escapes from the cylinder or cooker. undecided

Always ensure your valves are properly fitted and the pipe/hose does not leak. Get a technician to service your burner like once a quarter to ensure that all the soot and grime is removed from the burner so that nothing disturbs the free flow of air.

Finally, get a good fire extinguisher in your kitchen with a clear indicator gauge showing the level of foam or extinguisher material in the cylinder, and learn how to use it in case of an emergency! wink

Thank you.

The best answer so far! Good Insight!
Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by kobonaire(m): 6:42am On Aug 03, 2014
iwakolewa: Hi, put the cylinder far away from your cooker when it is being used, and please ensure that your kitchen is well ventilated always (i.e. windows are always open). You can also install a small gas detector in your kitchen which can detect gas leaks, and give off an alarm if gas escapes from the cylinder or cooker. undecided

Thank you.
excellent points ... mam, you surely know your safety cool

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by jeff1607(m): 6:42am On Aug 03, 2014
Pavore9: What of those that use campgas type? Most students use it to cook in their rooms.
Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by onome710(m): 6:44am On Aug 03, 2014
Impulse80: Wat of students that use everything all packaged

U mean to say 'Camp gas' it is advisable to cook outside ur room. Incase of incasity may occur.
If u are done, u turn if off properly and return to a corner of ur room to avoid 'ole' doing u strong thing!

In any case it is wiser to Prevent than to seek cure. Be wise!

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by Exponental(m): 6:45am On Aug 03, 2014
Even if it is placed outside, ensure it doesnt fall. A fall will cause distortion in d cylinder. If d cap is bad, d gas tries to force itself through d cap, thereby causing a form of explosion.
Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by iamtheprincipal: 6:45am On Aug 03, 2014
laudate: Hi, put the cylinder far away from your cooker when it is being used, and please ensure that your kitchen is well ventilated always (i.e. windows are always open). You can also install a small gas detector in your kitchen which can detect gas leaks, and give off an alarm if gas escapes from the cylinder or cooker. undecided

Thanks for the advice.
Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by rutibaby(f): 6:49am On Aug 03, 2014
IT'S RISKY DEAR.
Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by Hemanwel(m): 6:51am On Aug 03, 2014
Before nko?Over safe dey worry am sef!Abi you want put am for sitting room ni?
Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by spex: 7:03am On Aug 03, 2014
Exponental: Even if it is placed outside, ensure it doesnt fall. A fall will cause distortion in d cylinder. If d cap is bad, d gas tries to force itself through d cap, thereby causing a form of explosion.

I don't think a camp gas cylinder would just fall, even when i's empty. Unless of course someone decided to do you 'strong' thing. grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by duruh: 7:05am On Aug 03, 2014
May God help us not to be victims of gas fire out brake.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by Nobody: 7:10am On Aug 03, 2014
Stove tins Jarey. Kerosine or Electric stove, to avoid unneccesary panic
Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by lafuria1(m): 7:14am On Aug 03, 2014
We've had our cylinder in the kitchen for more than 20years, the key is to be observant, ensure the valves are well tighten.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by Isiterere(m): 7:31am On Aug 03, 2014
Pavore9: What of those that use campgas type? Most students use it to cook in their rooms.
It is called "CAMPGAS" be safety conscious pls. While I was using one in school, I made sure I bought a mini fire Extinguisher the same day I bought the campgas( to avoid story that touch) . Prevention is better than cure...
A word is enough for the wise ...

ALL IZZ WELL

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by Nobody: 7:31am On Aug 03, 2014
lafuria1: We've had our cylinder in the kitchen for more than 20years, the key is to be observant, ensure the valves are well tighten.

why did you steal my comment? Was about typing the same thing. Copy cat. gringrin

My cylinder have been in the kitchen since 1987 and no explosion has ever happened. As lafuria1 said,the key is to be observant.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by Isiterere(m): 7:35am On Aug 03, 2014
onome710:

U mean to say 'Camp gas' it is advisable to cook outside ur room. Incase of incasity necessity may occur.
If u are done, u turn if off properly and return to a corner of ur room to avoid 'ole' doing u strong thing!

In any case it is wiser to Prevent than to seek cure. Be wise!
Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by holyboss: 7:42am On Aug 03, 2014
Simple, Put it under your Bed and run the pipe to your kitchen
Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by nationwide24: 7:43am On Aug 03, 2014
donroxy: That is why I'm always on Electric Cooker and when there is no light Blazing with my Stove since 1900 with Biodiessel and Kerosine !!

Gas rage and issues are very touching to the Heart !!!
Word bro. Electric cooker or kerosene stove. Gas is no alternative for me. The havocs I witnessed in school was enough lesson.
Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by onome710(m): 7:45am On Aug 03, 2014
[quote author=Isiterere][/quote]

Thanks but I did that on purpose. I hope you don't make mistakes tho!
#perfecto!
Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by marcjoe(m): 7:50am On Aug 03, 2014
laudate: Hi, put the cylinder far away from your cooker when it is being used, and please ensure that your kitchen is well ventilated always (i.e. windows are always open). You can also install a small gas detector in your kitchen which can detect gas leaks, and give off an alarm if gas escapes from the cylinder or cooker. undecided

Tanks for dis tip....
Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by marcjoe(m): 8:00am On Aug 03, 2014
duruh: May God help us not to be victims of gas fire out brake.

Amen cool
Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by Edunwa302(m): 8:03am On Aug 03, 2014
What a question
Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by Isiterere(m): 8:04am On Aug 03, 2014
onome710:

Thanks but I did that on purpose. I hope you don't make mistakes tho!
#perfecto!
funny you. We all do.
#NO1ISPERFECT
Enjoy your day.

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by expaboy(m): 8:10am On Aug 03, 2014
Nice one.. Thread with nice contributions without insults
Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by freezyprinzy(m): 8:10am On Aug 03, 2014
superior1: I am not sure, learnt of some folks who died due to gas-leak explotion.
wonderfull so is dis 2 encourage him or what!? cheesy
superior1: I am not sure, learnt of some folks who died due to gas-leak explotion.
wonderfull so is dis 2 encourage him or what!?
Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by Generalkorex(m): 8:13am On Aug 03, 2014
mazizitonene: What of students using camp gas ??
make sure the burner is well placed and the rubber[gas seal]that round rubber is on it.if the rubber is 2 remove one.
Make sure it is well lock after use .better still you can use the cover that came with d gas to cover it.this will prevent leakages if at all the cylinder is leaking.
Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by Reference(m): 8:14am On Aug 03, 2014

And the last time I checked people 'camp' outdoors. Where have you seen a gaddem camp inside a house.....hahahahaha.
Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by poiZon: 8:15am On Aug 03, 2014
kudoxs: See question o! You definitely know the obvious answer to the question before you asked! Put it in your kitchen, it's safer that way, ode!

must u insult?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by poiZon: 8:22am On Aug 03, 2014
na God dey save man o.
what of kerosene explosion that do occur n its even more rampant than gas explosion?
when using gas u need to be extra cautious n always use your sixth sense well, once u perceive gas particle, quench all light source n do proper ventilation.
last bullet
using gas to cook will expand your life span by additional 10yrs....... na me do d research!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen by superior1: 8:23am On Aug 03, 2014
freezyprinzy: wonderfull so is dis 2 encourage him or what!? :Dwonderfull so is dis 2 encourage him or what!?

Figure

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Roasting The Monitor Lizard Caught In Our Rice Farm Today (Photos) / Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer / Found This Giant Rat Drowned Inside The Drum This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.