Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own (2970 Views)

How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? / CHRISLAM !!!!!: One World Religion Emerging. / I Am A Christian And Love God But I Still Keep Fornicating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 22, 2014
Rilwayne001:

grin grin And whats the different between the verse and the below verse.
Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 6-7
As for the Disbelievers, Whether thou warn them or thou warn them not it is all one for them; they believe not. Allâh has set a seal on their hearts and on their hearings, (i.e. they are closed from accepting Allâh's Guidance), and on their eyes there is a covering. Theirs will be a great torment"

Allah is gonna make them deaf and dumb and torment them. cheesy
Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by Rilwayne001: 6:59pm On Jul 22, 2014
FrancisTony:

Allah is gonna make them deaf and dumb and torment them. cheesy

grin grin Simple allegory, you dont know grin grin

Blame your secondary school teachers of UMukoro Community Grammar School for this grin grin..
Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by alexleo(m): 6:59pm On Jul 22, 2014
FrancisTony:

Yes

Ok. Next is-

Now in the bible there is nothing that suggests that God does not want us to know any of these nature of his. All we have seen in him in the bible is a God that never pretends about any of these nature of him.
In the light of this, If there was no sin how else would his nature as God of judgment/wrath be made manifest? How else will his nature as a God of mercy be made manifest? (I mean, there was no way he could have started unleashing his wrath in a perfect, peaceful and sinless heaven).

Let me know your opinion on this. Its not yet the conclusion.
Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 22, 2014
alexleo:

Ok. Next is-

Now in the bible there is nothing that suggests that God does not want us to know any of these nature of his. All we have seen in him in the bible is a God that never pretends about any of these nature of him.
In the light of this, If there was no sin how else would his nature as God of judgment/wrath be made manifest? How else will his nature as a God of mercy be made manifest? (I mean, there was no way he could have started unleashing his wrath in a perfect, peaceful and sinless heaven).

Let me know your opinion on this. Its not yet the conclusion.

hmmn. Nothing to say.

I all concur.
Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by malvisguy212: 7:42pm On Jul 22, 2014
Rilwayne001:

That was because they didnt believe despite seeing the clear proof...and what if he never cover there eyes would they still believe?

2 Thessalonians 2:11-12 English
Standard Version (ESV)
Therefore God sends them a strong DELUSIONS, so that they may believe what is FALSE, in order that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

They believed before your god sent them delusions in other for him to punish them...what kimd of benefient god is this bible god..uhn?

Kindly tell me who is more violent between the bible god and Allah?

Tag: malvisguy212, francistony
2 Thessalonians 2:10-1321st Century King James Version (KJ21) 10 and with all the deceit of unrighteousness in those who perish,
because they received not the love of the
truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe
a lie, 12 that they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure
in unrighteousness. 13 But we are bound to give thanks always to God for you, brethren, beloved
of the Lord, because God hath from the
beginning chosen you for salvation,
through sanctification by the Spirit and
belief in the truth.

Is this hard for you to understand? What a shame, so this is how you read the quran?
Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by Rilwayne001: 7:44pm On Jul 22, 2014
malvisguy212: 2 Thessalonians 2:10-1321st Century King James Version (KJ21) 10 and with all the deceit of unrighteousness in those who perish,
because they received not the love of the
truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe
a lie, 12 that they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure
in unrighteousness. 13 But we are bound to give thanks always to God for you, brethren, beloved
of the Lord, because God hath from the
beginning chosen you for salvation,
through sanctification by the Spirit and
belief in the truth.

Is this hard for you to understand? What a shame, so this is how you read the quran?

Mtshewww undecided
Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by alexleo(m): 8:01pm On Jul 22, 2014
FrancisTony:

hmmn. Nothing to say.

I all concur.

Ok dear, this now takes us back to where we began and my statement earlier that Lucifer must have been created to serve a purpose. (Remember Romans 9:21- God is like a potter who makes some vessel unto honour and some vessel unto dishonour). Lucifer must have been created unto dishonour. i.e so that through his action God's judgement/wrath and mercy will be made manifest.

Now this brings us to the love of God that made Christ to come and die.

God knows his nature. He never developed this nature because of us. He cannot also change this nature of him because of us. He is eternal and everything about his nature is eternal. The best he could do for man who he has created with freewill is to warn him about the consequences of his choice with respect to his nature( this warning started from the beginning in the garden of Eden) and also the way of escape he has made for us- John 3;16. Its now left for us to choose which side of God that we want to experience. His love or his judgment/wrath. Its all about CHOICE. Nothing more. God is not wicked in any way. He is just. We are selfish, thats why we want him to change for us rather than we changing for him. It doesnt work that way. He remains the creator. He is in charge. If God had not made a way of escape for us then we would ve said he is wicked. If God had hidden this aspect of him from us and be telling us he is only a loving God, then when we see his wrath we would ve been justified to also say that he is wicked for not telling us the truth about him.

The truth is that we christians always avoid going deep in thinking about God to this level because we are afraid of his wrath. And thats why this question of the fall of Lucifer/fall of man keeps on confusing us about God. In that confusion we now tend to defend God and in that defence this obvious questions keep staring us in the face making the whole defence look silly before people. Yet God never told us to pretend about him. He never pretends about himself. Again we always have a one sided view about God. We, in our selfish nature always want to view God only as a loving God and we use the love to condemn his judgment/wrath whereas God NEVER told us that he is only a loving God. He wants us to have a balanced view of him. May God help us. Amen.

I conclude here. Let me know your opinion about this. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by malvisguy212: 8:19pm On Jul 22, 2014
alexleo:

Ok dear, this now takes us back to where we began and my statement earlier that Lucifer must have been created to serve a purpose. (Remember Romans 9:21- God is like a potter who makes some vessel unto honour and some vessel unto dishonour). Lucifer must have been created unto dishonour. i.e so that through his action God's judgement/wrath and mercy will be made manifest.

Now this brings us to the love of God that made Christ to come and die.

God knows his nature. He never developed this nature because of us. He cannot also change this nature of him because of us. He is eternal and everything about his nature is eternal. The best he could do for man who he has created with freewill is to warn him about the consequences of his choice with respect to his nature( this warning started from the beginning in the garden of Eden) and also the way of escape he has made for us- John 3;16. Its now left for us to choose which side of God that we want to experience. His love or his judgment/wrath. Its all about CHOICE. Nothing more. God is not wicked in any way. He is just. We are selfish, thats why we want him to change for us rather than we changing for him. It doesnt work that way. He remains the creator. He is in charge. If God had not made a way of escape for us then we would ve said he is wicked. If God had hidden this aspect of him from us and be telling us he is only a loving God, then when we see his wrath we would ve been justified to also say that he is wicked for not telling us the truth about him.

The truth is that we christians always avoid going deep in thinking about God to this level because we are afraid of his wrath. And thats why this question of the fall of Lucifer/fall of man keeps on confusing us about God. In that confusion we now tend to defend God and in that defence this obvious questions keep staring us in the face making the whole defence look silly before people. Yet God never told us to pretend about him. He never pretends about himself. Again we always have a one sided view about God. We, in our selfish nature always want to view God only as a loving God and we use the love to condemn his judgment/wrath whereas God NEVER told us that he is only a loving God. He wants us to have a balanced view of him. May God help us. Amen.

I conclude here. Let me know your opinion about this. God bless you.
God bless you, alex.

1 Like

Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 22, 2014
Rilwayne001:

That was because they didnt believe despite seeing the clear proof...and what if he never cover there eyes would they still believe

Look at how you conveniently pull the bolded out of your a.s.s.

Let's ignore that.

What was that clear proof they saw but didn't believe?

Lastly why is Allah so obsessed with what people believe or not? Does it boost his ego knowing people believe him?
Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 22, 2014
Nice piece @alexleo. Seriously, I don't have anything to say. Thank you once again. smiley

1 Like

Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by Rilwayne001: 8:30pm On Jul 22, 2014
rationalmind:

Let's ignore that.

Lastly why is Allah so obsessed with what people believe or not? Does it boost his ego knowing people believe him?

Mtsheeew undecided
Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jul 22, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Mtsheeew undecided

grin grin
Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by alexleo(m): 9:10pm On Jul 22, 2014
malvisguy212: God bless you, alex.

God bless you dear.

FrancisTony: Nice piece @alexleo. Seriously, I don't have anything to say. Thank you once again. smiley

Thanks and God bless you dear.

1 Like

Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by OlaoChi: 9:27pm On Jul 22, 2014
FrancisTony:

The creator. smiley He is the only God.

No the creator is the only thing that truly exists..other things are extensive forms of this creator

You don't need God here...all millions and billions of gods including Allah and Jehovah are human percepts

1 Like

Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by OlaoChi: 9:30pm On Jul 22, 2014
herald9:
nawa for you woh...
He rested when he was through with creation

To be robbed should not be taken literally

Lolz... God repented...in otherwords he had a change of heart
wink
herald9:
After he was through with creation and saw that everything was 'good'
what will he re-energize himself to do again? grin

You should understand what 'rob' mean in that context na...This doesn't need explanation

The fact that you don't believe in him shouldn't make you bring out wacky accusations against him...

I only posted glaring facts!

Proves ur God is worthless in our daily lives..
He created and rested, like he rests when the world he created is in chaos and misfortune
Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by OlaoChi: 9:31pm On Jul 22, 2014
qstar:

I use my money to help humanity, not Church. Since god can't even help humanity.

Exactly why waste ur money enriching pastors when you could help the sick and poor
Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by beejaay: 9:42pm On Jul 22, 2014
rationalmind:

Let's ignore that.

dont mind the guy, i simply ignore his rant.. how will they see the clear proof when the all powerful had already sealed their heart and eyes and yet blaming them for not seeing
Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by Pr0ton: 9:53pm On Jul 22, 2014
Apatheist:
All gods are not the same. Similar, yes, but not the same.
God is one
But human set different ways(religion) of reaching Him
And thus
Different characteristics
Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jul 22, 2014
beejaay:

dont mind the guy, i simply ignore his rant.. how will they see the clear proof when the all powerful had already sealed their heart and eyes and yet blaming them for not seeing

The logic behind his explanation seems insane (and that's being mild).

You supposedly give me a will, I use it, you seal my heart and punish me for exercising the will you gave me.
Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by herald9: 10:17pm On Jul 22, 2014
OlaoChi:

Proves ur God is worthless in our daily lives..
He created and rested, like he rests when the world he created is in chaos and misfortune
My God
Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 23, 2014
Pr0ton:
Comparative Mythology

Read the link, then tell me how Zeus is like Yahweh, or how Dionysius is like Allah.
Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by sisiafrika(f): 11:35am On Aug 30, 2014
FrancisTony:

Don't worry.

I am currently in a confused state right now. embarassed
atheists start this way.
Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 30, 2014
sisiafrika: atheists start this way.

shocked Shuu!
Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by OlaoChi: 3:37pm On Sep 12, 2014
herald9:
My God
yes ur god. Jehovah is the Christian god isn't he?
Re: There Is God But Not Any Of Our World Religion Own by herald9: 7:16am On Sep 13, 2014
OlaoChi: yes ur god. Jehovah is the Christian god isn't he?
Lolz
u didn't need to dig up my old post..

if u wanna talk com to Christian chatbox let's discuss...
fanx.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Photo Of Barack Obama Singing Hymn In A Church On Easter Sunday / There Is No Afterlife! / Rccg Graduates 8,000 Pastors : Praise God!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.