Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,159 members, 7,807,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

Kenneth Omeruo Leaves Chelsea - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kenneth Omeruo Leaves Chelsea (728 Views)

Drogba Leaves Chelsea For Second Time / Kenneth Omeruo And Super Falcons Star, Asisat Oshoala Spotted Together In UK / Chelsea Set To Sign Nigerian U20 Defender Kenneth Omeruo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kenneth Omeruo Leaves Chelsea by Aniroly(m): 9:16am On Jul 22, 2014
Chelsea's Kenneth Omeruo Won't Get His Chance This Season

Chelsea defender and Super Eagles’ star Kenneth Omeruo has gone back to English Championship side Middlesbrough for another one year loan.

The former Ado Den Haag player had just come back from a successful World Cup campaign were the Super Eagles crashed out from the round of 16 stage.
Keneth had played for Middlesbrough last year and featured in 14 games. BBC are reporting that he has also rejected the deals that were sent him outside England.

Omeruo, who had played in each of Eagles’ games at the World Cup, made the following comment:“I like the atmosphere at Middlesbrough, the players and fans too are very supportive.
"I am not in a hurry [to break into the Chelsea team] because everything in life is step by step.

"I decided to return to Boro because I really enjoyed my last loan there and working with the manager Aitor Karanka.
"I like the atmosphere at Middlesbrough, the players and fans too are very supportive. It’s such an easy choice to make and a key factor in going there is the chance to play first-team football."
Omeruo had come from Standard Liege to Chelsea where he was later sent to ADO Den Haag on loan and he played 26 games for them and also made the Eagles team that year.
He praised the Blues and said he was aiming to come back better:"I was rewarded with a new contract because the club [Chelsea] knows what I am capable of,"he said."I just need to focus on my career, give my best all the time and let my football speak for me.
"At the right time, I’ll get my chance. For now, I believe in the Middlesbrough project and want to help the club compete for promotion."
Omeruo was a key player for Nigeria’s defence that won the Africa Cup of Nations in 2013 and also played in last summer’s Confederations Cup in Brazil.

Credit:http://www.naij.com/70045.html
Re: Kenneth Omeruo Leaves Chelsea by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 22, 2014
Omeruo should have tried a lower premier league team

(1) (Reply)

Usmanov Blames Former Arsenal Owners For 9-year Trophy Drought / Man Utd's £60M Di'maria Was Once Sold For "26 Footballs" / Ancelotti: Di Maria Was Greedy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.