Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,306 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

SSS Replies Ezekwesili, We Were Only Doing Our Job - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SSS Replies Ezekwesili, We Were Only Doing Our Job (809 Views)

Presidency Blasts Ezekwesili. We Didnt Promise To Find Chibok Girls In 6 Weeks / Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Okonjo-Iweala's Response To Charles Soludo's Article / Obi's Defection: He Was Only Doing Business With APGA - Ngige (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SSS Replies Ezekwesili, We Were Only Doing Our Job by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 22, 2014
The Department of State Security, DSS, has replied Obiageli Ezekwesili’s accusation of arresting her yesterday at the Abuja Airport that they were only doing what was required of them- their job.
A spokesperson for the department, Marilyn Ogar accused the former minister of arrogance and display of unnecessary self-importance while they were carrying out their job.

“I don’t know why some people will sometimes arrogate to themselves unnecessary importance when we have serious security challenges in our hands. Government has asked the SSS to be at the airports. Statutorily, SSS clears all passengers travelling out or coming into the country”, Marilyn said.

It will be recalled that the SSS held Ezekwesili for about 30mins by seizing her travelling documents early hours of yesterday morning as she was about jetting out to London.

http://www.ladunliadinews.com/2014/07/sss-lambasts-ezekwesili-we-were-only.html?m=1
Re: SSS Replies Ezekwesili, We Were Only Doing Our Job by egift(m): 10:44am On Jul 22, 2014
Did the DSS delay and withhold any other persons traveling documents? Oby nearly missed her flight because of the SSS. If not that she tweeted it in time and the reaction of Nigerians, the SSS would have succeeded in frustrating her.

2 Likes

Re: SSS Replies Ezekwesili, We Were Only Doing Our Job by alabiyemmy(m): 11:02am On Jul 22, 2014
egift: Did the DSS delay and withhold any other persons traveling documents? Oby nearly missed her flight because of the SSS. If now that she tweeted it in time and the reaction of Nigerians, the SSS would have succeeded in frustrating her.

Is she the first to be questioned by the DSS?

5 Likes

Re: SSS Replies Ezekwesili, We Were Only Doing Our Job by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:04am On Jul 22, 2014
Is this not the same people that said they didnt arrest and detain Oby yesterday?

Ogar should pls stop reading her malicious script to us. That script is good only to the listening of GEJ and all the crooks in his camp.

We already have some gullible one who think Oby was not arrested or delayed. Some believe she was delayed for 5 mins while some believe it was all routine check.

I sometime think SSS should be rename to JSS (Jonathan Security service) since their objective is known to be harrassing opposition.

1 Like

Re: SSS Replies Ezekwesili, We Were Only Doing Our Job by koboko69: 11:06am On Jul 22, 2014
egift: Did the DSS delay and withhold any other persons traveling documents? Oby nearly missed her flight because of the SSS. If now that she tweeted it in time and the reaction of Nigerians, the SSS would have succeeded in frustrating her.

Exactly my thoughts. As soon as they realised she had tweeted about it, they sharply released her. Their plan was to make her miss her flight.

2 Likes

Re: SSS Replies Ezekwesili, We Were Only Doing Our Job by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:07am On Jul 22, 2014
alabiyemmy:

Is she the first to be questioned by the DSS?

What is she questioned for? Mind telling us and also state the reason why DSS didnt mention why she is been questioned?

2 Likes

Re: SSS Replies Ezekwesili, We Were Only Doing Our Job by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:10am On Jul 22, 2014
koboko69:

Exactly my thoughts. As soon as they realised she had tweeted about it, they sharply released her. Their plan was to make her miss her flight.

Maybe the perceived Jonathan image would be 'worldwidely' demented again after wasting billions reshaping it.

Afterall DSS is JSS (Jonathan security service), objectively set for harrassing opposition

4 Likes

Re: SSS Replies Ezekwesili, We Were Only Doing Our Job by ojimbo(m): 11:43am On Jul 22, 2014
one thing i know is that oby is to arrogant
Re: SSS Replies Ezekwesili, We Were Only Doing Our Job by meforyou1(m): 11:58am On Jul 22, 2014
So the DSS cannot question a former minister again or what?
Re: SSS Replies Ezekwesili, We Were Only Doing Our Job by Noctec: 12:10pm On Jul 22, 2014
Na soooooo??
Re: SSS Replies Ezekwesili, We Were Only Doing Our Job by koboko69: 12:31pm On Jul 22, 2014
Noctec: Na soooooo??

Oga randy...how market? I know person like sincere9gerian fit don call u. Abi i lie?
Re: SSS Replies Ezekwesili, We Were Only Doing Our Job by SaintEddie: 12:57pm On Jul 22, 2014
egift, what has her tweet got to do with DSS job? You guys just like spewing trash everywhere. i bet u no matter what, had it been she was found wanting, one million tweets wouldnt have saved her.
Re: SSS Replies Ezekwesili, We Were Only Doing Our Job by egift(m): 1:00pm On Jul 22, 2014
ojimbo: one thing i know is that oby is to arrogant

You are having depression. I hope you are taking medication. Sorry oooh. Get well soon.

(1) (Reply)

'A Buhari Presidency Will Be A Triumph Of Boko Haram, Jihadists Over Nigeria'-fa / . / Fears That Schoolgirls Kidnapped By Boko Haram Are Being Used As Suicide Bombers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.