Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,150 members, 7,807,499 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

Test Run Of Port Harcourt Mono Rail (photo) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Test Run Of Port Harcourt Mono Rail (photo) (32568 Views)

Port Harcourt Mono Rail Test Run / Port Harcourt Mono-rail Updates / BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Test Run Of Port Harcourt Mono Rail (photo) by apasico(m): 6:40am On Jul 23, 2014
Standards organization of Nigeria (SON) call Rivers Monorail a DEATH TRAP

Standards organization of Nigeria (SON) ask Nigerians to steer clear of the Rivers monorail, calls it a death trap: Arcus Gibb a technical partner to Mega Star technical & construction company for the Rivers monorail project has written to the Rivers State government and the Standards Organization of Nigeria, stating the danger of mounting train coaches when structural and civil work are barely 30% complete and power not in sight. Engineer Clive Arries, Project Manager civil Engineering & Transport of Arcus Gibb-South Africa, informed SON, that installation of coaches midway is a violation of global practice. That a stationary train on a track beam will exert shear forces on the columns and the foundation; which will adversely affect and reduce the 50 years designed life span of the foundation of the columns. 
Engineer Clive, in his statement commended the revamping of the railways by the federal government. But he however, expressed worry over the impact the vibrations from the Federal government train will have on the integrity of the foundation of the columns of the Rivers monorail, giving that the two rails are closely connected. Engr. Clive also informed SON that the design of the foundation of the columns of the monorail didn't consider the impact, the vibrations of the Federal government train will have on the foundation of the columns, because Rivers State government thought the railways will never work again, at least not in the next 50 years. However, Engr. Clive restated his earlier resolve to the Governor to dismantle the coaches to avoid endangering the lives of Nigerians in the future. Engr. Clive also advised the Governor, that governance is a continuous and the next government will continue from where he stopped. He said, it will be wrong to attempt to save face at the detriment of people's lives. "This practice is wrong and Arcus Gibb as technical partners to the monorail project are not part of it" In response to Engr. Clive's warnings, Dr. Joseph Ikem; the Director-General of (SON), has asked the Rivers State government to dismantle the coaches immediately. Following the instruction from the Director-General of SON for the coaches to be dismantled, the Rivers State government through the commissioner for transport, has halted the scheduled tour on Wednesday and pleads with the Standards Organisation of Nigeria to be patient with the government, that they are not unaware of the danger the installation of the coaches will pose. But that the installation is temporary and simply to give the project a facelift and avoid the payment of further demurrage at the Onne port. " We will dismantle the coaches when we get a more convenient place to stack the coaches, please bear with us " the Commissioner pleaded
Re: Test Run Of Port Harcourt Mono Rail (photo) by ibietela2(m): 6:42am On Jul 23, 2014
Cyberbaze: All this things you people are talking is nonsense, why should there be railway on someone's building?, that is my own concern. Why didn't they demolished the building before constructing the railway? Or is someone not living in the building?

Sorry, but there is no building under the rail..... they are by the side
Re: Test Run Of Port Harcourt Mono Rail (photo) by VIPERVENOM(m): 6:52am On Jul 23, 2014
apasico: This Picture is totally fake, some areas were cut off from the picture. That rain can't move. This is the real pic. Amaechi is fighting a media war.
yeah. The problem is dat ppl like you are not fit soldiers in the media war. There's a big difference between the OP's pic and yours

Re: Test Run Of Port Harcourt Mono Rail (photo) by ibietela2(m): 6:53am On Jul 23, 2014
Highvotage: I wonder why people always hate with passion becuase of political afliation,
Those of us that were condermin Rotimi now, have we forget so soon that he started this project as a PDP governor? why is it that if anyone is under unmbrella we did not see any wrong in him or whateva he does?
Hmmmm! gradually, we are pushing this great nation to a shore of backwardness with our folish political sentiment.

Seems you are not in ph, people have been complaining since the project started
Re: Test Run Of Port Harcourt Mono Rail (photo) by Greatidonis: 6:53am On Jul 23, 2014
Whenever I go pass that part of town I feel like crying, what a waste of Billions of public funds,hundreds of Billions not to talk of the once stollen, not even an Uneducated Alaba trader will go into such project. This monorail that my governor beats his chest for is just in a walkable distance, some can walk that length with their eyes closed. Yet he cannot even finish it, no other government after him will want to continue with such waste. There are better things to do with money. A one city state full of traffic and filth, no traffic light working, bad roads every where making you to spend more money for car maintainance. Why did Ameachi not use that money to build fly overs in this heavy traffic areas like, Rumuokoro, Atillary, waterlines, Garrison, Mile3, Rumouokuta, Lagos bus stop ect ect. But his arrogance Wont allow that may God help us treasure base indeed, one over rated dirty state with over rated governor. Nonsense.

4 Likes

Re: Test Run Of Port Harcourt Mono Rail (photo) by justi4jesu(f): 6:54am On Jul 23, 2014
apasico: Standards organization of Nigeria (SON) call Rivers Monorail a DEATH TRAP

Standards organization of Nigeria (SON) ask Nigerians to steer clear of the Rivers monorail, calls it a death trap: Arcus Gibb a technical partner to Mega Star technical & construction company for the Rivers monorail project has written to the Rivers State government and the Standards Organization of Nigeria, stating the danger of mounting train coaches when structural and civil work are barely 30% complete and power not in sight. Engineer Clive Arries, Project Manager civil Engineering & Transport of Arcus Gibb-South Africa, informed SON, that installation of coaches midway is a violation of global practice. That a stationary train on a track beam will exert shear forces on the columns and the foundation; which will adversely affect and reduce the 50 years designed life span of the foundation of the columns. 
Engineer Clive, in his statement commended the revamping of the railways by the federal government. But he however, expressed worry over the impact the vibrations from the Federal government train will have on the integrity of the foundation of the columns of the Rivers monorail, giving that the two rails are closely connected. Engr. Clive also informed SON that the design of the foundation of the columns of the monorail didn't consider the impact, the vibrations of the Federal government train will have on the foundation of the columns, because Rivers State government thought the railways will never work again, at least not in the next 50 years. However, Engr. Clive restated his earlier resolve to the Governor to dismantle the coaches to avoid endangering the lives of Nigerians in the future. Engr. Clive also advised the Governor, that governance is a continuous and the next government will continue from where he stopped. He said, it will be wrong to attempt to save face at the detriment of people's lives. "This practice is wrong and Arcus Gibb as technical partners to the monorail project are not part of it" In response to Engr. Clive's warnings, Dr. Joseph Ikem; the Director-General of (SON), has asked the Rivers State government to dismantle the coaches immediately. Following the instruction from the Director-General of SON for the coaches to be dismantled, the Rivers State government through the commissioner for transport, has halted the scheduled tour on Wednesday and pleads with the Standards Organisation of Nigeria to be patient with the government, that they are not unaware of the danger the installation of the coaches will pose. But that the installation is temporary and simply to give the project a facelift and avoid the payment of further demurrage at the Onne port. " We will dismantle the coaches when we get a more convenient place to stack the coaches, please bear with us " the Commissioner pleaded

Even without the Death trap ish................................................Nobody will risk taking that route on a short distance Mono rail.

If it were station bus stop to Uniport, believe u me i would risk the death Trap because the distance alone will justify my decision but anyone

who risks this death trap from station to whether UTC or where should have his or her brains examined.

I dont judge or associate with Politics in anyway, whether APC or PDP or jaja watever they call them. I dont bother about them but anything worth doing is worth doing well.
Re: Test Run Of Port Harcourt Mono Rail (photo) by Demdem(m): 6:57am On Jul 23, 2014
175:

You be confirm Akpa Amu!

But wishing me early death speaks much about ur hate, and absolute witdrawal from reality!

Are you the giver or taker of life? The very reasons people like you (APC e-rats) should be ignored cos you are delusional and bloody pigs!

As if I know that u are another ibo piece of shiit dependent on Jonathan for stipends for ur household.
U desire Jonathan till forever and I tied it to ur grave the same way u tied me to apc.
U should be happy that Jonathan will rule u forever.
I wish no death for u.
Re: Test Run Of Port Harcourt Mono Rail (photo) by roxell120(m): 6:57am On Jul 23, 2014
tpia1:

Are you from aluu?
a suspect for those boys they lynched there? Still fresh in my mind
Re: Test Run Of Port Harcourt Mono Rail (photo) by Greatidonis: 7:01am On Jul 23, 2014
Imagine I'm just seeing the picture above, I'm not a politician never will be, Ameachi did I little work in his first term and that was all, all his doing now is play politics with our money, politics politics politics that's all he feels his bigger than the state. The picture above that is how it has been, sometimes you pass there month in month out no single worker on site. Monorail Monorail Monorail for almost 8 years billions sunk with nothing to show and will never benefit anybody ofcos unless you want to go and snap a selfie there.
Re: Test Run Of Port Harcourt Mono Rail (photo) by apasico(m): 7:23am On Jul 23, 2014
If u have eyes, u will see that it is the same picture. One was taken far away and the other was taken so close and codedly, just to deceieve people.

They would take it full so people will see the length or bigger picture of the project or they woud have taken different angles of the project.

I believe you are not in pH, I would have asked u to visit and see for yourself and not to stay in ur state and conclude.
VIPERVENOM: yeah. The problem is dat ppl like you are not fit soldiers in the media war. There's a big difference between the OP's pic and yours

2 Likes

Re: Test Run Of Port Harcourt Mono Rail (photo) by VIPERVENOM(m): 7:28am On Jul 23, 2014
apasico: If u have eyes, u will see that it is the same picture. One was taken far away and the other was taken so close and codedly, just to deceieve people.

They would take it full so people will see the length or bigger picture of the project or they woud have taken different angles of the project.

I believe you are not in pH, I would have asked u to visit and see for yourself and not to stay in ur state and conclude.
i'm not sayin they are different pictures. Look at the buildin in the two pictures and you'd see the colour. One has a fence while one doesn't. Its shows one was taken way earlier than the other. And i stay in ph but not at that area though i've passed thru there before
Re: Test Run Of Port Harcourt Mono Rail (photo) by 299: 8:24am On Jul 23, 2014
VIPERVENOM: i'm not sayin they are different pictures. Look at the buildin in the two pictures and you'd see the colour. One has a fence while one doesn't. Its shows one was taken way earlier than the other. And i stay in ph but not at that area though i've passed thru there before
Oga shut up already cos you seem drunk this morning. If you really stay in ph, you should go there and have a look. The project has been a monumental failure!!

1 Like

Re: Test Run Of Port Harcourt Mono Rail (photo) by stinggy(m): 8:24am On Jul 23, 2014
dexpee4life: pls lets leave politics aside. If you have been in Port Harcourt,
you will see that the so called monorail gulped so so so many
hundreds of billions and that it is of no benefit to the bad traffic
suituation in the state. It begins at a point where you have to
trek for about 10 minutes from the popular Lagos bus stop to
board and ends at a place where you will still re-pay another
#50 to continue your jouney to either Mile One or Emeneke,
whereas a bus or cab would take you at that rate for longer
distance. Its completely useless for transport except you tag it
a tourist attraction

i'm sorry to have delved into a matter I know relatively nothing about. actually i'm not a regular visitor to ph, your analysis of the whole project is an eye-opener and I see reason why you guys are angry with him.
with your explanation, I think it's money spent in the wrong direction now too.
lastly, thanks for the maturity you displayed when you quoted me, hard to see such these days on NL. have a good day
Re: Test Run Of Port Harcourt Mono Rail (photo) by stinggy(m): 8:28am On Jul 23, 2014
Forwetinnah:

"Trains?" Which trains? I don't think you live in PH cause If you do, the cost of executing this failed project and the short distance it covers will annoy the crap out of you undecided .This is one of the many reasons Ameachi started having problems in Rivers State...dude doesn't listen at all especially after sniffing his white!!

really i've learnt more when I read more about the covered distance. you're right, thanks!
Re: Test Run Of Port Harcourt Mono Rail (photo) by legacyint: 8:31am On Jul 23, 2014
remsonik: Thunder fire ameachi over and over again. A 3km monorail constructed with 50 billion nairashockedshocked of tax payers money.
Mtcheeewww
cool
remsonik: Thunder fire ameachi over and over again. A 3km monorail constructed with 50 billion nairashockedshocked of tax payers money.
Mtcheeewww
Re: Test Run Of Port Harcourt Mono Rail (photo) by VIPERVENOM(m): 8:46am On Jul 23, 2014
299: Oga shut up already cos you seem drunk this morning. If you really stay in ph, you should go there and have a look. The project has been a monumental failure!!
you are d one dat seems drunk. Was i sayin it was success or not. I'm just pointin out the differences in two pictures and you're here opening ur smelling mouth. Some of you dont use ur head at all
Re: Test Run Of Port Harcourt Mono Rail (photo) by boujaye: 8:48am On Jul 23, 2014
Nnamdipaul: Governor Rotimi Amaechi is working...

What's your view??
nonsense, tell me what is the benefit of this project to the people, where is the terminal point of the mono rail? I live in ph, i pass from Station bus stop to Aba road every day, the Mono rail project starts from Station bus stop and ends up in Leventis (just about 2 km drive) what rubbish and a waste of public fund!
Re: Test Run Of Port Harcourt Mono Rail (photo) by Shokoloko(f): 8:53am On Jul 23, 2014
Kenswag: Wow, nice development, this will somehow ease traffic, this governor always has people oriented projects at hearts, and wants a better rivers state, though some people hate him based on the fact he isn't supporting president GEJ,but he is working.

But there's hardly traffic between utc and station road.
And if there ever is u can just walk down. Max 15 mins
Re: Test Run Of Port Harcourt Mono Rail (photo) by MadCow1: 9:08am On Jul 23, 2014
awodman:
For over 7 years he has been in govt we have been relaxing..when will our wait end?...So he can't build more than 3Km in 7 years?

If he puts all the states money into Monorail at the expense of Salaries, other many roads, the electricity projects, the greater Port-Harcourt projects, the Model Primary and Scondary schools, the Mordern Health Centers, The training of security officials, e.t.c, you would still come out here and make noise.

The Man has done the first leg. If Odili before him had done half of what Amaechi has done in Rivers State during his time, by now, adding what Amaechi has achieved, we would be miles ahead and maybe even start closing the MAJOR gap between Lagos and port-harcourt in tems of development.

Rivers State is Working..
Haters are Hating..

#SAI AMAECHI..
#ThirdTenure..

3 Likes

Re: Test Run Of Port Harcourt Mono Rail (photo) by JEITO: 9:31am On Jul 23, 2014
cyril10:

One useless monorail at the expense of soooo many bad roads in PH.
perhaps the roads have become too bad that they are impassable, that's why he has opted for plan C.
That's if this monorail is for real o.
Re: Test Run Of Port Harcourt Mono Rail (photo) by joysparks(f): 9:39am On Jul 23, 2014
I tire for dis kind tin o. Abi na frm utc to lagos bus-stop jst as u talk. No need na. Wen bus n taxi plenty. May God help our state o.
aguiyi: Test run from were to were pls, I just returned from station road and still wondering why I will join a train from UTC and highlight at Lagos bus stop.

Time when I go take climb up go enter the monorail don reach taxi to carry me reach and come back.

How will that train pass mile 1 flyover, how will it pass CFC, Garrison and others or is it ikwerre road that it will pass to greater port harcourt.

If so, why is Amaechi not completing the demolition and payment of necessary compensation if he want the next gov to complete this project or he is using that as an escape route to apportion blame when he finally leaves office
Re: Test Run Of Port Harcourt Mono Rail (photo) by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 23, 2014
VIPERVENOM: yeah. The problem is dat ppl like you are not fit soldiers in the media war. There's a big difference between the OP's pic and yours
The only difference is the focus of the camera. Look well, na de same site. Ameachi dey do yahoo yahoo with dis thing
Re: Test Run Of Port Harcourt Mono Rail (photo) by cidieschat(m): 10:15am On Jul 23, 2014
Mtcheeewww

When last did u pay ur tax?
Re: Test Run Of Port Harcourt Mono Rail (photo) by obailala(m): 10:18am On Jul 23, 2014
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1568752_img_1259037129309_jpeg_jpegcda483382e018fd91c41a82bdaebcbac

Chaiii... Chaiii..

This is wicked... anyway I don't blame Amaechi, rather I blame the Op of this thread. Amaechi never said the project was completed. This thread is the handwork of one of these shameless online political pawns trying to deceive the public with hope that they could receive some pittance from politicians..
Re: Test Run Of Port Harcourt Mono Rail (photo) by VIPERVENOM(m): 10:35am On Jul 23, 2014
Mee234:
The only difference is the focus of the camera. Look well, na de same site. Ameachi dey do yahoo yahoo with dis thing
na d same site yes. But look at d building below d train. The op's is painted in cream colour. You notice d fence in the op's pic? Well there's no fence on the other guy's own. Wat am tryin to say is dat at least there's small work goin on there. We shouldn't make it look as if nothing is being done
Re: Test Run Of Port Harcourt Mono Rail (photo) by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 23, 2014
demdem is a cvnt-hole

1 Like

Re: Test Run Of Port Harcourt Mono Rail (photo) by justi4jesu(f): 10:48am On Jul 23, 2014
obailala: www.nairaland.com/attachments/1568752_img_1259037129309_jpeg_jpegcda483382e018fd91c41a82bdaebcbac

Chaiii... Chaiii..

This is wicked... anyway I don't blame Amaechi, rather I blame the Op of this thread. Amaechi never said the project was completed. This thread is the handwork of one of these shameless online political pawns trying to deceive the public with hope that they could receive some pittance from politicians..

Whether the project is completed or not is not the issue on ground.

The question is "Is the so-called Project relevant and in future be useful or just a total waste of our money?"

The route of the mono rail is nothing to write home about even after its completion.
Re: Test Run Of Port Harcourt Mono Rail (photo) by stagger: 11:01am On Jul 23, 2014
aguiyi: Test run from were to were pls, I just returned from station road and still wondering why I will join a train from UTC and highlight at Lagos bus stop.

Time when I go take climb up go enter the monorail don reach taxi to carry me reach and come back.

How will that train pass mile 1 flyover, how will it pass CFC, Garrison and others or is it ikwerre road that it will pass to greater port harcourt.

If so, why is Amaechi not completing the demolition and payment of necessary compensation if he want the next gov to complete this project or he is using that as an escape route to apportion blame when he finally leaves office

I tire o. Instead of him to construct one from Eleme Junction all the way to Lagos bus stop so as to avoid all those traffic areas, it is from UTC to Lagos which one can do in 10 minutes with a taxi that he constructed. Another white elephant project.
Re: Test Run Of Port Harcourt Mono Rail (photo) by Objektive: 11:04am On Jul 23, 2014
AMAECHI HAS SEEN THE HAND WRITING ON THE WALL. A STATE THAT WAS ABANDONED FOR ALMOST 3YEARS TO BECOME DRIVER FOR APC STALWARTS. NOW HE HAS REALIZED THAT THIS PROJECT EVEN IF ITS A WASTE WILL BRING HIM DOWN IF IT IS NOT COMPLETED. THE APC CANNOT SAVE HIM. THEY CANNOT EVEN SAVE THEMSELVES.
TOWN HALL MEETINGS WERE ABANDONED FOR THE PAST 3YEARS AND HE IS TRYING TO START THEM AGAIN.

THANK GOD FOR THE EKITI DEFEAT.THE SCALES HAVE FINALLY FALLEN.

PLEASE REPAIR THE EYESORE CALLED RUMUAGHOLU ROAD THAT IS DIRECTLY LINKED TO RUMUOKORO JUNCTION FIRST MALAM ROTIMI AMAECHI

1 Like

Re: Test Run Of Port Harcourt Mono Rail (photo) by ibietela2(m): 11:08am On Jul 23, 2014
boujaye: nonsense, tell me what is the benefit of this project to the people, where is the terminal point of the mono rail? I live in ph, i pass from Station bus stop to Aba road every day, the Mono rail project starts from Station bus stop and ends up in Leventis UTC (just about 2 km drive) what rubbish and a waste of public fund!

sorry, i know it as UTC
Re: Test Run Of Port Harcourt Mono Rail (photo) by rolchi(m): 11:45am On Jul 23, 2014
ibietela2:

sorry, i know it as UTC

Yes, I agree ... Leventis is still way up along Aba Road.

But this Monorail James Bond Movie sha...Na only God go judge. Simple civilians like us who are not contractors or politicians, we just wonder at such monumental waste of public funds. When I remember the number of concrete CFA piles driven into the ground and the cost of a singular pillar (being into construction myself), my heart aches. Problem is Amaechi doesn't see it as failure. He still uses it as a political gain. If only he listen to sound economic advise, Rivers State for now does not need a monorail in any location. What is needed is good road connections and then at best, light rail. If had done Rumuokoro, expanded Rumuola as a minimum, in fact....I will follow him till Fourth Term in any elective position he wants to go.

Teh problem is that his administration still flag it as one of the projects delivered to the people. If you live in PHC and you know that place, you will cry.

Oh I weep...I just cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Test Run Of Port Harcourt Mono Rail (photo) by ibietela2(m): 11:50am On Jul 23, 2014
rolchi:

Yes, I agree ... Leventis is still way up along Aba Road.

But this Monorail James Bond Movie sha...Na only God go judge. Simple civilians like us who are not contractors or politicians, we just wonder at such monumental waste of public funds. When I remember the number of concrete CFA piles driven into the ground and the cost of a singular pillar (being into construction myself), my heart aches. Problem is Amaechi doesn't see it as failure. He still uses it as a political gain. If only he listen to sound economic advise, Rivers State for now does not need a monorail in any location. What is needed is good road connections and then at best, light rail. If had done Rumuokoro, expanded Rumuola as a minimum, in fact....I will follow him till Fourth Term in any elective position he wants to go.

Teh problem is that his administration still flag it as one of the projects delivered to the people. If you live in PHC and you know that place, you will cry.

Oh I weep...I just cry cry cry cry

Been living there since 2000 until the bastard decided to destroy Abonnema wharf

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

$600m Chinese Rail Loan Not Diverted – Okonjo-iweala / We Have Offered Consular Assistance To Nnamdi Kanu - UK High Commissioner (Video / PDP Convention: Kadade Sulaiman Becomes PDP National Youth Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.