Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,717 members, 7,805,953 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 (121527 Views)

Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2015/2016 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2013/2014 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2012/2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (92) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by A40(m): 3:49pm On Aug 22, 2014
U1:

It's pardonable in your own case. But for veterans like Ibime and A40, huh? I still think game week 1 is insufficient to judge players you want to keep long term. Some players could turn out to be one-hit wonder.
Wildcards are IMO used to arrange your core group of players, it really doesn't matter which week its done and being miserly about it doesn't give you any distinct advantage. If it were back when you had just one wildcard then maybe but since there's another January I should be fine
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by mhuyil: 4:08pm On Aug 22, 2014
A40:
Wildcards are IMO used to arrange your core group of players, it really doesn't matter which week its done and being miserly about it doesn't give you any distinct advantage. If it were back when you had just one wildcard then maybe but since there's another January I should be fine

Funny there's not 100% winning style. I feel Wildcard is best utilised when some teams will play twice in a gameweek. Then, you can load your team with players that will earn you 2game points in a gameweek.

It is almost totally wrong to use it after gameweek1.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by akpos4uall(m): 4:45pm On Aug 22, 2014
mhuyil: Hi Guys,

After ending gameweek 1 with 60pts, I only downgraded Eriksen to Siggy in Gbongan FC so I have this for GW2:

DDG

Baines Wisdom Vlaar

Cesc Mata Siggy Ramsey

Bojan Costa (c) Rooney.

Sub- Caulker! Elhamadi Bruce(doubtful).

I am thinking of using Caulker instead of Wisdom but I will be taking too much risk at the back given Baines vs Arsenal.

Suggestion pls.

I'm loving this your team especially the midfield except for Mata. I'll suggest you replace him with any of Andre Schurrle, Sterling or Silva.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by MaziOmenuko: 4:51pm On Aug 22, 2014
Good one @nihilist. Wouldn't have captured in details the teams and managers as u just did.
Next features will have worse performers as well as best performing managers and their team details.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by oluamid(m): 5:34pm On Aug 22, 2014
No mention of Oluamyd FC languishing at the bottom of the table? Even the relegation teams were always mentioned whenever an analysis of the real EPL table is done. So Mr Nihilist, correct your mistake asap.

grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by lequatee(m): 8:22pm On Aug 22, 2014
i have read the whole code sending ish on this thread and i want to know if i can get the code cos i just registered my team last week. if i can, lemme know how i will get the code and if not.... isnt there another buddy with a private league code for a " naija" affair? lemme know whats up ASAP. THANKS house.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by sod09(m): 8:35pm On Aug 22, 2014
I'm a newbie to d game and I did auto something like that.....I was given some transferred out and injured players...
BT I did transfers and came up wit this
Hart
Debuchy vlaar kos kolarov
Larsson sigurdson Henderson cesc(c)
Behaino Costa
Sub: illori chester chambo weimman
,any hope for me?
Pls can i make transfer without wild card?
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by OAM4J: 8:41pm On Aug 22, 2014
"This is why we get brutal" - Professor Killer

The manager of Brutallion F.C; Proffessor Ikupawon Killer stormed angrily at Pariolodo B.C reporter when asked if he has a new recovery strategy following his poor start of the season. "This why we get brutal and people start complaining that we show no mercy and take no prisoner...when you ask me questions like this", he said. "Yes I have a strategy and it is a simple one; recruit new dangerous players and send all opponents that come our ways to sudden death like we did to Ipukulu Marines or give them an unrecoverable defeat like we gave to AvantGarde last season. We barely managed to defeat The Godfathers last weekend, thanks to late strike from Fikusewa Costa and Apayan Fabregas". He further stated that he has been generously given 4 weeks by the club owner Rtd. General Fikusire to get back to the top or face a firing squad. "No! no! no! I really cannot afford that, cos I love this game too much", he said.

When asked about his next F.A encounter with Librans F.C he said; "Libran F.C is an average team with no serious ambition, they have not changed their manager despite their average performance for years. Notwithstanding, we are not taking anything for granted because we cannot afford a defeat from them, their manager can afford a defeat with no consequence, but I cant. As much as I love to be gentle with teams managed by ladies, and Reema is a fine lady, we are still Brutallion"

6 Likes

Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by lekkie073(m): 9:01pm On Aug 22, 2014
sod09: I'm a newbie to d game and I did auto something like that.....I was given some transferred out and injured players...
BT I did transfers and came up wit this
Hart
Debuchy vlaar kos kolarov
Larsson sigurdson Henderson cesc(c)
Behaino Costa
Sub: illori chester chambo weimman
,any hope for me?
Pls can i make transfer without wild card?
if u r making more than two transfers I suggest using ur wildcard....
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by Spyde(m): 9:23pm On Aug 22, 2014
Standard007:

try using UC browser, it's d best just dat it sucks mb but not toooo much.

Ok
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by Standard007(m): 9:49pm On Aug 22, 2014
Spyde:

Ok

U welcome.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by A40(m): 12:50am On Aug 23, 2014
mhuyil:

Funny there's not 100% winning style. I feel Wildcard is best utilised when some teams will play twice in a gameweek. Then, you can load your team with players that will earn you 2game points in a gameweek.

You say there is no 100 percent winning style yet you claim it is totally wrong to use a wildcard after gameweek 1. If a team is playing twice you can always plan ahead for such eventuality
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by U1(m): 8:07am On Aug 23, 2014
Ibime:

Bros, watch your team lemme watch mine. Ibimes style is unique. I have always played WC in the first week and Terminators is yet to finish above Ipukulu

Proofs? Not always. More than once you have played it week 2 or 3. But I also understand desperate times require desperate steps. grin
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by U1(m): 8:09am On Aug 23, 2014
mhuyil:

I for say.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by U1(m): 8:16am On Aug 23, 2014
OAM4J: "This is why we get brutal" - Professor Killer

The manager of Brutallion F.C; Proffessor Ikupawon Killer stormed angrily at Pariolodo B.C reporter when asked if he has a new recovery strategy following his poor start of the season. "This why we get brutal and people start complaining that we show no mercy and take no prisoner...when you ask me questions like this", he said. "Yes I have a strategy and it is a simple one; recruit new dangerous players and send all opponents that come our ways to sudden death like we did to Ipukulu Marines or give them an unrecoverable defeat like we gave to AvantGarde last season. We barely managed to defeat The Godfathers last weekend, thanks to late strike from Fikusewa Costa and Apayan Fabregas". He further stated that he has been generously given 4 weeks by the club owner Rtd. General Fikusire to get back to the top or face a firing squad. "No! no! no! I really cannot afford that, cos I love this game too much", he said.

When asked about his next F.A encounter with Librans F.C he said; "Libran F.C is an average team with no serious ambition, they have not changed their manager despite their average performance for years. Notwithstanding, we are not taking anything for granted because we cannot afford a defeat from them, their manager can afford a defeat with no consequence, but I cant. As much as I love to be gentle with teams managed by ladies, and Reema is a fine lady, we are still Brutallion"

Professor Killer, easy. Mercy, please. grin cheesy
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by Standard007(m): 9:15am On Aug 23, 2014
mhuyil:

buh a team dats playing twice in a week, d players will get double point score for dat week.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by mukina2: 11:36am On Aug 23, 2014
Nihilist: The talking points...
Mukina2 aka Reama Reama of Librans FC is also enduring a shaky start to the season. After finishing in 17th place last year, fans of of Librans FC were expecting a solid start to the season, but after GW1 find themselves in 77th place in the NPL.

OAM4J:

Mtchewww!!! angry angry
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by ritchboy(m): 12:32pm On Aug 23, 2014
Am I the only top manager that didn't use a transfer/wildcard this week? #foresight
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by debosky(m): 1:21pm On Aug 23, 2014
^^ Didn't use mine. . .maybe that's because I'm silly/not a top manager I don't know. cheesy
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by coogar: 1:42pm On Aug 23, 2014
debosky: ^^ Didn't use mine. . .maybe that's because I'm silly/not a top manager I don't know. cheesy

plenty of people didn't use theirs, i dunno what sun of a beach is talking about. that nucca would struggle this season. FPL is like UCL, no one has been able to retain it.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by Standard007(m): 2:38pm On Aug 23, 2014
Please someone should help me out, Y is it dat my head to head (Nairaland Conference) doesn't show in the fantasy app? unless I log in with opera or UC. undecided

Tanx.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by ritchboy(m): 2:45pm On Aug 23, 2014
coogar:

plenty of people didn't use theirs, i dunno what sun of a beach is talking about. that nucca would struggle this season. FPL is like UCL, no one has been able to retain it.

The FPL bookies disagree with you... Post GW1 title odds from Oddschecker:

Disvirginators - 1/2
AZ - 5/1
Kokomaster - 7/1
Feasy11 - 22/1
TBOOGIE - 25/1
Ipukulu Marines - 55/1
Arcadian - 666/1
Shinigami X FC remains unchanged @ ∞/0 grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by coogar: 3:21pm On Aug 23, 2014
ritchboy:

Disvirginators - 1/2
AZ - 5/1
Kokomaster - 7/1
Feasy11 - 22/1
TBOOGIE - 25/1
Ipukulu Marines - 55/1
Arcadian - 666/1

hahahaha
you are a joker! my smart money is on debosky. nucca went to the wilderness for 90 days to read all the relevant articles on fantasy football. my $20 says debosky would win it by easter!
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by lekkie073(m): 3:52pm On Aug 23, 2014
ritchboy:

Disvirginators - 1/2
AZ - 5/1
Kokomaster - 7/1
Feasy11 - 22/1
TBOOGIE - 25/1
Ipukulu Marines - 55/1
Arcadian - 666/1
what's d odds for penguins
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by imarrpopson: 4:21pm On Aug 23, 2014
goall..thank u costa...
fantasy app for andriod is out

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by mencade5(m): 4:54pm On Aug 23, 2014
wenger yaff started again ooooo.

Wetin Giroud dey do for bench.

Issorait!
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by mencade5(m): 4:54pm On Aug 23, 2014
wenger yaff started again ooooo.

Wetin Giroud dey do for bench na?

Issorait!
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by ritchboy(m): 5:00pm On Aug 23, 2014
coogar:

hahahaha
you are a joker! my smart money is on debosky. nucca went to the wilderness for 90 days to read all the relevant articles on fantasy football. my $20 says debosky would win it by easter!

You shoulda staked your $20 last season when we were trying to set up a money league and I woulda taken your money...

I'll still gladly take the monies of anyone who is brave(*dumb grin) enough to bet against The Disvirginators strolling to another league title! tongue

lekkie073: what's d odds for penguins

1250/1, same as Burnley! cheesy
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by Nihilist: 5:04pm On Aug 23, 2014
Im actually facing Ipukulu Mariness in the FA cup sha....

Can Greasy Chip Butty condemn the riverine outfit to two straight defeats?
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by MaziOmenuko: 5:16pm On Aug 23, 2014
ritchboy:

I'll still gladly take the monies of anyone who is brave(*dumb grin) enough to bet against The Disvirginators strolling to another league title! tongue

You won't win the league.

How much are you ready to waste bet?
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by caius(m): 5:29pm On Aug 23, 2014
How una week 2 dey turn out? Week 2 is looking promising with D.Costa and coy delivering the goods. Still fingers crossed cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by lekkie073(m): 5:33pm On Aug 23, 2014
ritchboy:

1250/1, same as Burnley! cheesy
noted cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (92) (Reply)

Clubs Who Won Most Official Trophies Won In History....... / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2015/2016 / Barcelona Vs PSG UCL (6 - 1) On 8th March 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.